Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

FUTO Graduate Wins The Nation Reporter Of The Year Award - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Graduate Wins The Nation Reporter Of The Year Award (772 Views)

A FUTO Graduate Dies A Day After His Clearance. / Nigerian Student Wins AIT University's Best Graduating Student Of The Year Award / Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FUTO Graduate Wins The Nation Reporter Of The Year Award by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
There is a saying that FUTO Students no dey carry last in anywhere they are. FUTO graduates have continued to stand tall in every area of life.
Gerald Nwokocha, Former Public Relations Officer of the Students’ Union GovernmentFUTO, (2008/2009 session), has emerged the2012 Reporter-of-the-Year in the 4th
The Nation CAMPUSLIFE writers awards sponsored by Coca –Cola/Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC).
The event, held on Friday, November 31 in Lagos attracted the who-is-who in the academic, Political and media profession. Theevent started at about 8pm in the evening and lasted till 12mid night. It tookplace at Bespoke Event center Lekki, Lagos.
Nwokocha’s entry on the killing of a 2010 Batch C Corps member, Stephen Enyinnaya Nwosu, titled: “Outrage over the death of Corps member mistaken for Boko Haram member”, was commended for its depth andaccuracy.
Nwokocha, who just finished his NYSC in Abuja, is a graduate of Information Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, also wonthe Best
Political Reporter of the year. His entry titled: “For Students, Politicians, Honeymoon is over”. There he did an in-depth research of the things politicians did with students during the April 2011 general elections.
An elated Nwokocha dedicated his award to the late founding editor of The Nation CAMPUSLIFE, Mrs Ngozi Agbo,
whom, according to him commended all his works before her death. Late Aunty Ngozi encouraged him a lot. “My first time of meeting her was last year June 2, 2011,she said to me Gerald, do not give up, God has not yet began His good works in you”.She ended by saying, “I see
greatness in you Gerald”. Her words have continued to ring bell in my ears and have made me believe that I shall have a good end.
Other winners at the award were:
Ngozi Emmanuel (Publisher of Slam Magazine) and
Emeka Attah (both graduates of Unizik), jointwinners of the Culture category;
Uche Anichebe (Student of UniZik), Investigative Reporting category;
Habeeb Whyte (student of OAU), Personality Profile Category;
Gilbert Alasa (graduate of Uniben), Commentary and Opinion Writing category;
Chisom Ojukwu (graduate of
FUTO), Sports Category; and
Esther Mark (graduate of Unijos), Entertainment
category.
Congratulations to Gerald and others. FUTO isgreat indeed!

Source:-http://www.myschoolzone.tk/forum/showtopic.php?id=38

(1) (Reply)

Law Project / 2013 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships For Master’s Courses In UK / How To Build Your Vocabulary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.