Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? (6488 Views)

What Is The Earliest Childhood Event You Can Remember / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by maclatunji: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2012
@Sienna, I burst out laughing at the "my son tried to kill me" part. As funny as a scene from a British sitcom.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by pak: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2012
maclatunji: Me cutting my birthday cake at 1.

Really ? Do you remember cutting your birthday cake at 1 ? Wow that must have been some sort of record.

I still have pictures of my first birthday party but definitely can't remember a thing.

maclatunji: @Sienna, I burst out laughing at the "my son tried to kill me" part. As funny as a scene from a British sitcom.

I found that stuff real scary !! I can't even bring myself to read it one more time. The Dad must have been one finger snap away from death.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by maclatunji: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2012
pak:

Really ? Do you remember cutting your birthday cake at 1 ? Wow that must have been some sort of record.

I still have pictures of my first birthday party but definitely can't remember a thing.

That image just sticks in my mind. Our landlord's family loved and treated me as if I was theirs. I was close with most of their children all adults maybe extra close with the last born- Biola.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by alaura: 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
4+ peeled yam and wanted to cook it, then I started icthing all over,could undastand wat d probelm was so I decided to take a shower it got worst and I started cryin before my aunt came to my resue and rubbed palm oil. Since that day I dreaded going close to yam grin

2 Likes

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Erased Past! tongue

3 Likes

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by 18wheeler: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
TudunWada, jos. I was 3yrs old. There was this dog(Bingo) in my house I was so fond of. We ran round d house 2geda. It died and the carcass was taken to a stream for disposal. I remember crying and refusing to go back home until my coursin carried me off.

2 Likes

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by orgasticdance: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
age 2, my birthday in Ilaje Bariga, it was also my younger brother's birthday, exactly one year younger than me. It was our party and my baby brother was crying a lot. there was a lot going on and i could not stand it. I simply wandered out to the balcony to play alone with two chickens we had. and also to enjoy a view of the sun charred rooftops in my area . i guess that is why i prefer to be alone till today undecided
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Ayeezy20(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
At age 2 remember when my mum and my brodas locked in my room and went out i cried my eyes out cant forget dat day.it was as if i was locked out of heaven but i was bribed afterwards.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
I was btw 1+ or 2 my mum was doing some kind of baking and I followed my elder sister to the back yard and the next thing was that I have stepped on a broken bottle which slit my right foot diagonally it was a bloody day. My mum came and took me to the hospital, I don't remember the rest of what happened but look at under my foot when I was older I know that it was stiched. Even after some 3 decade I can still see the anguish like an engravement
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
orgasticdance: age 2, my birthday in Ilaje Bariga, it was also my younger brother's birthday, exactly one year younger than me. It was our party and my baby brother was crying a lot. there was a lot going on and i could not stand it. I simply wandered out to the balcony to play alone with two chickens we had. and also to enjoy a view of the sun charred rooftops in my area . i guess that is why i prefer to be alone till today undecided

You were a strange little kid
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by revelvis: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
4+ misbehavin wif our neighbours daughter n av pepper rubbed all ova my joystick,mtsheeew,tell mi,hw would u 4get such memory,even if am as old as methusela,I can never forget,my joystick,oh my joystick

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by barrchy(f): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
3+ haven't started school den,I'll stand in d balcony upstairs watching school children passing and screaming 'nwa class anyi'(my class girl/boy) to every kid on school uniform.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Afam4eva(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
5+ years: We lived in a village called Elimgbu in Port-hacourt...I remember playing football with my friends of similar age in a compound just beside the road and someone played the ball to the road and a particular guy had to go and pick the ball only to be knocked down by a car. His mother stood beside the road pitying for whoever owned this kid that had just been killed by a car not realizing that it was her child. Till today, i don't know whether they knew that he was going to pick a ball and that we were the ones playing with him when it happened. Anyways RIP Avis.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Meklex(m): 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
I was around 3years then, our late landlord asked me what I would love for my birthday and I said beans.....beans was and is still my favourite food.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by DonaldGenes(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
One of the things i used to do was beat up girls at the slightest provocation...... Apparently i used to bragg that i dont like women,that women are goats
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by dridowu: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
1993, i alwaz run away frm lesson dn, d day my dad get to know abt it, he beat d hell out of me, i stil have d mark of d cane on my leg till 2moro
1991-1995, i love dos yr becos of MUMMY AND DADDY'S PLAY . Am alwaz d daddy LOL
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
nursery 2 - my mummy got me a one of dose yellow wooden ruler, wrote my name on it and took it to school. Ronke, my classmate borrows it from me...
the next thing, ronke and some other girl start fighting for it; pulling the ruler. out of fear say my new ruler go break undecided i ran and snatched it from them both. the next thing way reach me na slap. it was teacher, she said i was stingy and seized the ruler. i cried and hated her for the rest of the term.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by kaydibs(f): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva: 5+ years: We lived in a village called Elimgbu in Port-hacourt...I remember playing football with my friends of similar age in a compound just beside the road and someone played the ball to the road and a particular guy had to go and pick the ball only to be knocked down by a car. His mother stood beside the road pitying for whoever owned this kid that had just been killed by a car not realizing that it was her child. Till today, i don't know whether they knew that he was going to pick a ball and that we were the ones playing with him when it happened. Anyways RIP Avis.
That's very sad!

@op don't remember my age but I was in transition( d last class in nursery skl b4 pri 1) wen my news came that my bestfriend then Pamela had fallen into a well and drowned. I didn't get it at first all I knew was she stopped coming to skl so I asked my mistress and she told me Pamela won't be coming to skl again cz she is now with God. I got home nd told mom I want to go be wt God too. Infact I rem wailing seriously cZ she told me to keep quiet. At a time I wasn't even crying abt her death, I was crying cz she's wt God and I'm not cz bk then we were rly close her mom use to even drop her off to play in my house every saturday. RIP Pamela
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
1. when i was 2years and 4months, my mom brought home one very nice pink baby doll(except that she was alive, and is my immediate younger sister) for me to play with. i always gave her my cereals, until my mom found out when i was pushing some cereal into her mouth. i chop beating that day ehn.....

2. i remembered when i was 3, and i begged my mom to let me suck from her chest too. she finally gave in, and i sucked until i slept off. funny, after then, I've hated milk of any sorts.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by laykhorn(m): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
@3,destroyin my toy car after getin exasperated when my mum had a bite 4rm my fish.
@4,dipping my hand into my birthday cake, b4 the cake was cut(funny hw i destroyed d cake's bulging part with my bare hands)
@5, planting Maggi seasoning after bein taught hw to plant in schl.
@6, lied to dad that God visited me when he wasnt around.
@7,8,9.. Would drink garri durin fastin period n eat my kid sister's food n tell em i fasted.
Thats all i stil. remember

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by laykhorn(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
rev.elvis:
4+ misbehavin wif our neighbours daughter n av pepper rubbed all ova my joystick,mtsheeew,tell mi,hw would u 4get such memory,even if am as old as methusela,I can never forget,my joystick,oh my joystick
ROTFLMAO... I don die
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by ogb5(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Age 2, when we used to hold funnel for an old man that always bring pamy to the area. Each holding fetches each child 1 kobo which we use for the next days rice from the cooked rice vendor.

Lovely olden days, imagine asking for anything worth 1 kobo these days
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by laykhorn(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
@7, stil rememba hw my dad persuaded me to start remitin things gvn to me. I wantd to a pilot then, so he told me he wld buy me my plane. My uncle who stays in UKcomes home 1ns in 3months, n he always gv me 25pounds... Omo d day i ask where my money enta come see fight wit pman

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by ouigy99(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Remember when i was about 3yrs. I used to make my elder brothers dance Micheal Jackson for me(wearing only pant only pant), just because they wanted me to give them meat (of which i would have chewed and sucked the "juice", before giving them the "chaff"wink cool cool

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by mrman2(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
1+ I remember moving around the house in my walker, I saw a rope on the wall and like every child my age, I tried to kiss.unknown to me, it was a naked wire(our house was being renovated at the time)I had a swollen lip for days.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by salolo(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
eating groundnut on the road when coming home grin grin grin grin
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by ositadima1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
I have earlier memories but they are vague, but i vividly remember they day my kid sister was born, i remember my dad answering a call early in d morning. I also remember d huge smile from one of the nurses when we got to d hospital, i was 4 years. She is now married with kids. How fast time flies
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by angelz(f): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
rememba getting into d house afta playin with oda neighbour's kids wu like me are not old enuf 2 go to school, den l perceived a nice aroma in my mum's cupboard. l opened it and discovered a tasty soup with meat n fish. l dip my hand inside, took 1 meat n ate it. unfortunately 4 me l left traces of d act with drops of soup behind. my mum realized this n punished me. Aside beating, she made sure l didnt taste d soup throughout that day. Cant forget d embarrassment cus oda kids learn of it from my olders ones n sang 'ajeran je" to me 4 like 1 week.

1 Like

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by Pennywise(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
I remember like yesterday when at age 3yrs the local shoe maker always picked on me threatening to cut off my dyck. He was always sharpening his knife in readiness. Thank God I survived.

2 Likes

Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by 18wheeler: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
remembered an earlier 1 @ 2+. I liked d 1kobo coin more than any other cos it was bigger. Dad gave me 1 everyday. 3 of 'em got me a 'plate' of kpomo stew from a public pri sch nearby & i looked fwd to every 3rd day. My baby sitter used to take me to buy.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by dnawah(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kai i remember my favoured pant,red in color.i used to put it whether wash or unwash,wet or dry,one side inside my yansh.(my uncles used to call me Superman)used to play 4rm morniny till night,not minding food.
Re: What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? by dnawah(m): 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kai i remember my favoured pant,red in color.i used to put it whether wash or unwash,wet or dry,one side inside my yansh.(my uncles used to call me Superman)used to play 4rm morniny till night,not minding food.(i was 4 then)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacrifice All For Sake Of My Hubby / I Can't Believe It,but My Husband Is Having An Affair! / Help! Help! Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.