Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? (2270 Views)

What Is The Earliest Childhood Event You Can Remember / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / What is Your Earliest Childhood Memory ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by Ndipe(m): 12:16am On May 15, 2008
One of the gifts given to me by God is that I have a photgraphic memory. Even after finishing primary school in the 80's, I still remember some of my classmates birthday, some of the names of my teacher, even incidents that occured in class. No, I am not bragging, but even then, some of my cousins were quite puzzled that I had such a distinct memory of perhaps, 'inconsequential' things. Sixteen years after I had finished primary school and was now living in the USA I emailed a former classmate of mine and mentined her birthday. The girl was shocked and during our phone conversation, she was asking me, "How did you know my birthday"?

Then, my elder brother and I, if we did not know names of people in school sometimes came up with a unique idea to identify them. There was this girl who was my schoolmate and would dress in a purple outfit. Different outfit, but with the same color. We came up with the unique name, "Purple girl". LOL, once, this girl had on a different color, and I had to inform my brother about the change. Years later in college, my brother narrated the story to the girl and she laughed.

So, at what age can you recollect an event in your life? I don't know if I am making this story of eating ice-cream with my brother in Washington D.C when I was two years old or if it really happened. But at 4 years old onwards, my memory became distinct. Even remember the day of the week my younger brothers and sisters were born. My mom was confused once on which day of the week my brother (now late) was born, and I told her. My elder brother said it was a different day, but I began to analyze the events that occured in the hospital, following his birth to her, and said it was Wednesday. True, I was right.

Anybody?

You can also the story of a woman who claims to remember a lot.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/comments?type=story&id=4813052
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by AKO1(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2008
@ age 3, I was the best student in my class and I got a prize on prize giving day for best student. When they called my name I ran out like a mad dog and fell into the sand before collecting my prize. I still remember the day pretty accurately.
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by tpia: 1:05am On May 16, 2008
I used to beat one boy in my kindergarten class who got on my nerves. I hit him a couple of times because he was always trying to play with me or whatever, and I got in trouble with the teacher for hitting him. She gave me time out and I was so ashamed. I remember the kid like it was yesterday. We eventually did become friends but that was later. He was my partner for a dance. Come to think of it, were we intentionally paired. I'd wanted to be with my other best friends instead. cheesy

When I was three or four a naija lady who was my mom's friend pulled my ear so hard because I was naughty. My mom never beat us, so it was my first time experiencing that kind of thing. The lady was babysitting my sister and I, took us shopping, and stopped to check out some jewelry in a store. I got very bored and wouldnt stay still. That lady wicked oh. She nearly pulled my ear off.  undecided

I also remember when my dad returned after being away for years due to work and naija ties. I was older then, but he was spouting a beard, and for some reason that's what I kept looking at.
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by Nobody: 2:46am On May 16, 2008
At age three I got lost at Federal Palace Hotel. The most funniest thing was that no one knew I was lost until when food was being served my family noticed I was missing.

At age three again, I remember having to repeat nursery two cheesy. My dad shook hands with my elder sister for passing her exams, he didn't shake me angry, I cried for hours cheesy

I also remember how much I hated this song, "Ifeoma, Ifeoma, Ifeoma, I want to marry you, give me your love" angry
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by debosky(m): 2:58am On May 16, 2008
grin I love and still love that song

My earliest memory is me getting behind the wheel of this bus we had in our compound and moving it forward. . . It must've moved only a few feet because i messed with the hand brake. I was 4 or 5 at the time. I felt so proud and grown up that I could drive smiley
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by sookoo: 1:11pm On May 16, 2008
mine was age 5!my parents threw this big birthday for me.men,it was simply superb!i had a lovely cake with 5 candles.that was in 1982!cakes were rare then,apologies to th younger ones on nairaland.my best picture of the birthday was one of my elder sister grabbing the knife as if the cake was hers!i still teasr her to this day!sweet memory,pals! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Your Earliest Childhood Memory Dates To What Age? by iice(f): 4:39am On May 17, 2008
Prolly 3 or so. . .was in play class, was the lead in a play tongue
I remember running down the stairs to my mom telling her my teacher said i was great grin
Lots of memories of my cousins and i trekking and going on adventures on the nearby streams,
some bush areas near our house, then coming home to chop beatings cheesy cheesy
There are some memories that are blank, sometimes seeing something triggers some memories
i didn't even know i had undecided

(1) (Reply)

She Askd Me To Mke Love To Ha To Aprove Ma Marriage Wiv Ha Daughter!wa Do I Do? / 3 Days Old Pregnant Woman Gave Birth Miraculous / Having An Affair With Aunt's Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.