Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd (33335 Views)

Turkish Police Forcefully Disperse Gay Pride Revelers In Istanbul / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda / Egypt Police Urge Pro-morsi Crowd To Disperse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by topeorekoy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
Amidst rumour of election rigging in Ghana, citizens trooped to the street to protest the rigging. It took the intervention of soldiers to restore calm to major cities. The protesters were tear gased.

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-ghana-election-rigging-protest-broken-soldiers

http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/photos-soldiers-disperse-protesters.html
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by topeorekoy(m): 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by seedord247(m): 1:45am On Dec 09, 2012
And some folk said nigeria should learn from ghana when it comes to politics.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 09, 2012
3rd world mentality - whatever happened to riot gear and police...

Smh at African countries! sad
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by onila(f): 1:52am On Dec 09, 2012
grin iz that what they call protest cheesy

i can count the pple on the street

abeg ghana is still peaceful jor kiss

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by SmoothLIFE: 1:57am On Dec 09, 2012
hahahhahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This is minor and you are exaggerating!!

Ghanaman here and,I will end by saying ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!! Watch how smooth this turns out and call me SIR from now on!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^^How's that "minor" with those fools with AK47s??

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by lafuria1(m): 2:00am On Dec 09, 2012
i personally dont like elections at all. emotions are very high, pple will just misbehave as if there lifes depend on it and ofcourse they belive their preffered candidate will solve all their problems. if the soldiers had not intervened early enuf, only God knows wat the protesters will do bcause their favorite candidate didnt win and the claim of rigging is a popular excuse to spur them to action.
this election democracy doesnt work in africa, we remember kenya, zimbabwe post election crisis, at the end ,a government of national unity is formed. why not practice the chinese style of goverment then.
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by lafuria1(m): 2:03am On Dec 09, 2012
SmoothLIFE: hahahhahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This is minor and you are exaggerating!!

Ghanaman here and,I will end by saying ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!! Watch how smooth this turns out and can me SIR from now on!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
minor because the security men are already on ground, let them leave and see wat will hap, na small small e dey start until the final anouncement of the winner. wish the ghana a succesful post election.
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by onila(f): 2:16am On Dec 09, 2012
ghana kiss kiss

still rulessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Qluminati(m): 2:21am On Dec 09, 2012
SmoothLIFE: hahahhahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This is minor and you are exaggerating!!

Ghanaman here and,I will end by saying ONLY Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa!! Watch how smooth this turns out and can me SIR from now on!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Na shepe Joint for Lasgidi in Nigeria u dey Shey?........Ghanaian RULE U talk shey?......Koffi......u better Fuckin Wake up From That ur Deep Dream......

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by greatgod2012(f): 2:21am On Dec 09, 2012
With this, it means, no be only Nigeria craziness dey, Ghana sef dey craze, no be small.
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by SmoothLIFE: 2:22am On Dec 09, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^How's that "minor" with those fools with AK47s??

We send the Army out to make sure everything runs smoothly... That is how we do our elections grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 09, 2012
Ghana must go but not back to Nigeria. Togo maybe

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by onila(f): 2:25am On Dec 09, 2012
REALITY101: Ghana must go but not back to Nigeria. Togo maybe
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 09, 2012
true sha
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by easyfem(m): 2:27am On Dec 09, 2012
I used to proud of ghana , I no understand º°˚˚˚°º0 , coz I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ see well well
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by kenbee(f): 2:32am On Dec 09, 2012
where are the protesters?
i can only see military men on patrol... speaking from Nigeria point of view.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by PetroDolla: 2:34am On Dec 09, 2012

Fuelish. Very fuelish. You obviously don't know the tide had long changed,huh?
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by onila(f): 2:35am On Dec 09, 2012
kenbee: where are the protesters?
i can only see military men on patrol... speaking from Nigeria point of view.
grin grin grin grin

Naija don Suffer! grin
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by PetroDolla: 2:36am On Dec 09, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^How's that "minor" with those fools with AK47s??

You called elements of the state security forces out on a legitimate assignment f00ls?
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by free2ryhme: 2:42am On Dec 09, 2012
i hope lastma, kai and neighbourhood watch are learning a few good lessons here
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Xfactoria: 2:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Rigging in Ghana? Do they have PDP too? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by PetroDolla: 2:42am On Dec 09, 2012
easyfem: I used to proud of ghana , I no understand º°˚˚˚°º0 , coz I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ see well well

Ghana has long earned a reputation for organising some of the most credible elections in Africa. Within the context of the fierce rivalry between the two main political parties, some of these altercations are inevitable. In the current elections, the introduction of biometric voting has led to glitches and a bit of more tension. I am in Accra and hasn't even noticed the incident reported on NL.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by PetroDolla: 2:44am On Dec 09, 2012
X-factoria:
Rigging in Ghana? Do they have PDP too? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is no rigging in the Ghanaian elections. Where did you get that from? Even your Olusegun Obasanjo who is here as an observer can testify it's been very free,fair and credible.
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by SmoothLIFE: 2:49am On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Chartey(m): 2:54am On Dec 09, 2012
Haba! Those of you who've got multitv may know better. Only a few people gathered in Dzorwulu(a part of Accra) when they saw NDC(ruling party) stalwarts moving in and out of a building. The police and army rushed there to prevent mob action. Counting is ongoing with the two main candidates neck to neck and sharing about 99% of the votes. No false alarms please.
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by Telez(m): 2:57am On Dec 09, 2012
Why nw?
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by RedLight1: 2:59am On Dec 09, 2012
one thing i like about ghanaians on nairaland ... they never give up on their country even though their country is also a mess like nigeria... but u dont see them saying bad stuffs about their country unlike nigerians that always like to bring down the country anywhere... the truth might be hard for those ghanaians on nairaland to swallow just because they wanna be patriotic but it wont change the fact that their country is also a big joke... and the earlier they start dealing with their problems and stop coming to nairaland to talk about nigeria problems the better...

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by SmoothLIFE: 2:59am On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by SmoothLIFE: 3:01am On Dec 09, 2012
Red-Light:
one thing i like about ghanaians on nairaland ... they never give up on their country even though their country is also a mess like nigeria... but u dont see them saying bad stuffs about their country unlike nigerians that always like to bring down the country anywhere... the truth might be hard for those ghanaians on nairaland to swallow just because they wanna be patriotic but it wont change the fact that their country is also a big joke... and the earlier they start dealing with their problems and stop coming to nairaland to talk about nigeria problems the better...

If we are the joke then, you are the whole clown show grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You have Al Qaeda in the north of your country... Nuff said!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Election: Soldiers Use Tear-Gas To Disperse Crowd by RedLight1: 3:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Chartey: Haba! Those of you who've got multitv may know better. Only a few people gathered in Dzorwulu(a part of Accra) when they saw NDC(ruling party) stalwarts moving in and out of a building. The police and army rushed there to prevent mob action. Counting is ongoing with the two main candidates neck to neck and sharing about 99% of the votes. No false alarms please.
na so e dey take start.... Go and ask the corpers that were killed in nigeria just becos buhari didnt win ... it started small also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Volodymyr Zelensky Survives Three Assassination Attempts / US Capitol: Four Dead, 52 arrested as World Leaders Condemn Invasion / Russia Deploys Tactical Nuclear Weapons To Belarus - US, EU React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.