Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! (1225 Views)

Excellent Java Developers Quizzes For Interview Prepration / Fellow PHP Developers, Help Me Look In This. / Top Coder Programming Contest For Java Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by Burabari1: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2012
Do you want to be able to write apps for mobile devices in Java? By mobile devices I mean Apple iPad/iPhone, Windows RT (win8 mobile), Android, Blackberry? All in plain old java, no need to learn/rely on alternative languages such as ObjectiveC, HTML 5, JavaScript etc?

If so then I urge you all to complete the poll at http://fxexperience.com/2012/12/javafx-for-tablets-mobile/.

Apparently Oracle Management need some convincing that this is a good idea and that there is a demand in the Java community for this! Those that can do something about it (Oracle developers and respected Industry leaders) have set up a poll at the above link for the community to lend their voices to the cause. This is possible to achieve and have already been demonstrated by these same Oracle developers, however without proper financial and moral backing from Oracle Management it will not happen.

Please spread the word to your Java friends & colleagues.

As an added incentive, I would be developing free Custom JavaFX UI libraries (specifically for your "Demo Software" ) for the first 10 people that take the poll. Details on this would be posted here shortly.

Lets help bring Java to all smart devices!
Re: Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by Javanian: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2012
This would be a dream come true!
Re: Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by Javanian: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2012
Also, this will kick alot of 'Road side' technologies out of the market big time!
Re: Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by olyjosh(m): 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2012
This will be a great achievement to java developers and mobile programming market
Re: Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by Burabari1: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2012
Javanian: This would be a dream come true!

So make it true! Take the survey and make your stand known, also get all your friends/colleagues to do same!
Re: Attention Java Developers! Help Bring Javafx To smart devices! by Burabari1: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
As promised, the following are the details of getting the free Custom JavaFX UI Library for your Demo software. Basically we would have your demo software UI designed by graphic designers:

HOW TO PROCEED?
1. Complete the poll at http://fxexperience.com/2012/12/javafx-for-tablets-mobile/ and indicate your interest for the custom UI library on this post and by email to [email]info@codebase101.com[/email].

2. You will receive a response email with guidelines for the UI graphic which must be in Adobe Illustrator format, and the methodology of development and integration of the finished UI library into your Java Project.

3. Have any graphic designer produce your desired UI using the provided guidelines. PLEASE USE ONLY ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR. I might consider Corel Draw and others but I make no promises on that. If you need design ideas you can visit www.uiparade.com , www.medialoot.com or www.graphicriver.com.

4. You will then send a simple explanation of the flow of your UI and a picture (jpeg or png format) of your proposed UI to me via [email]info@codebase101.com[/email] for consideration.

5. Your submission would then be considered, accepted or rejected. If rejected I will explain why by email to you.

6. If accepted, you would then send a Java Class Library of you project model (as explained in my earlier mail) and the UI Graphic file. I would in turn produce your UI library and provide you with assistance on how to integrate it into your demo Java Project.

SIMPLE RULES
• Only projects considered to be “Demo” projects would be accepted. Remember this offer is for “Demo” Software only.
• Only graphics in Adobe Illustrator format are guaranteed to be considered. Other vector-compliant graphics files might be considered but no guarantees.
• Note that you would not receive the sources of the UI library.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT THIS?
9 out of 10 customers judge a product by how it looks. As a result this is your chance to:
• Land that competitive software dev. job/project because your demo looks far superior in quality than the competition.
• Demand a better deal from your customers because you can finally prove you are a cut above the rest.
• Let your work advertise for you.
• Actually compete in the ever lucrative international software outsourcing industry.

As an example try out the following demo software:

www.codebase101.com/uido/samples/shop-inventory.zip (~1mb) Needs Java 7u7 runtime pre-installed on your system OR
http://www.4shared.com/file/uJE2LX6Q/ShopInventory.html (~40mb)

www.codebase101.com/uido/samples/fancyplayer.zip (~4.2mb) Needs Java 7u7 runtime pre-installed on your system OR
http://www.4shared.com/file/q2o4VmBD/setup_fancyplayer.html (~41mb)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Mx0hsiiw/fin_adv.html (~71mb) Needs Java 7u7 runtime pre-installed on your system

So pleeese don’t forget to complete the survey at http://fxexperience.com/2012/12/javafx-for-tablets-mobile/ and help bring Java to iOS, Windows RT, Android and Blackberry!

(1) (Reply)

Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form / Website Designer, Web Developer In Asaba Delta State / Any Experienced Django Python Developers???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.