Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police (9854 Views)

Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Can We Get Mobile Filling Station For Sale ???? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by mich2012: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
I don't know what you are saying but if you need help, consult the right quarters.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Here is another occupant who needs to tell his big sister to sort out her business or sort it out for her.

Sorry I confuse as I know know where the names come from as

Sister 1 - Joy Okojie
Brother - Mr Derrick Lunch
Sister 2 - Jenny Omokaro

Them mama really busy oh.

Introducing Mr Derrick Lunch and his sugar mummy (big sister's friend) I guess that is the camouflage. I smell a rat both of them have plenty pictures to display but none of each other and she sleeps at the flat almost everyday.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Here goes.

Mr Derick Lunch ( Sorry but the name sounds like a 419 name self ).

http://www.facebook.com/#!/derick.lunch?fref=ts
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Another promises promises and even her boyfriend is not taking care of business. After making promises last week. He will be back from escover latest Tuesday, this is friday and na hide he dey hide. He is now switching off his phones madam please look for your own sugar daddy and move in with him oh cos your matter done pass me and I dont know why you left "your husband's" house to start to live alone. Looks like he just use sense push you out and now you are not priority.

I might have to ask your in-laws to intervene.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2013
I need to be able to proof a pattern of behaviour to speed up the eviction process so Nairalanders if you know that they were your tenant and you had to evict for none payment of rent please call me and I will call you back. You might be able to get any rent they did not pay through auction of their property. The sale of the car would go somewhat towards this.

The first case is on the basis of tenancy abandonment as the legal tenant has never lived in the property. So we will seal off the unit until he presents himself to court as we dont know if its a case of subletting and the goods can be auctioned off by bailiffs to pay any outstanding rental debt.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
To the Landlords on this site

When dealing with a stubborn and problematic tenant, know that there are somethings they will try with someone who is not sufficiently literate to pursue a legal challenge.

At times people get scared about the evicted tenant saying they have suddenly come into money but they have an onus to proof how they suddenly came into the money through provision of relevant bank statements theirs and the person who gave the money to them. They also have to proof how the person who gave the money came about the money(there might be an EFCC and money laundering angle),even if they have worked abroad, have they done this legally or illegally and why has whoever gave it to them done so, have they demonstrated their philantrophy in other ways,have they given it to them when they have not similarly done that to any member of their family. Their lifestyle before the event must demonstrate that they came into money so if they have not paid rent, have asked for time to pay their children's school fees or any school fees that they have assumed responsibility for etc. You might need to get a private investigator recruited to follow them for a couple of days to document evidence even little detail like haggling in the market counts for something. If they have a bank account why dod they not deposit the money into their bank account. They are stupid enough to think just because they said they had a lot of money in the house is sufficient but the facts of this will need to be proven and most dont have joined up thinking and will fall apart under cross examination. Will you allow a semi-illiterate fool to take you to the cleaners. They have to know who they are dealing with.

These are clearly people whose daily life does not provide a clue to show what they do so they will have to put their whole life and livelihood under scrutiny.

They sleep during the day and are out every night so there is the question, are they into kidnapping, 419, robbery, prosti.tution, they have an italian connection so are they Italian import or do they import from italy.They come with trailer load of goods and cars what is the source of this.

Dont be too worried about this just invite the local/national newspaper and get them to report their lifestyle as it unfolds.

Be prepared to do what is necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
At times you do come across a tenant that you have had for a while and they have presented themselves as fairly decent people and respected themselves by paying their rent. They might then experience some difficulty and need you to give them time to pay and you consider this favourably but, this people, are purposefully renting with the intention not to pay and they are clearly not decent people that you want in your house.

Every other tenant in the unit I know the source of their livelihood and for the one who was unemployed at least I know what she was doing before she became unemployed.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
gabbytabby: At times you do come across a tenant that you have had for a while and they have presented themselves as fairly decent people and respected themselves by paying their rent. They might then experience some difficulty and need you to give them time to pay and you consider this favourably but, this people, are purposefully renting with the intention not to pay and they are clearly not decent people that you want in your house.

Every other tenant in the unit I know the source of their livelihood and for the one who was unemployed at least I know what she was doing before she became unemployed.

Do you know her place of work? Did you carry out background checks. It is unfair for people to refuse to pay rent and are so adamant about it. Madam you don spoil this lady future endeavors by uploading her pictures. Anyways she has to pay and leave the property. I want to ask, how did you get their picture?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
Boss13:

Do you know her place of work? Did you carry out background checks. It is unfair for people to refuse to pay rent and are so adamant about it. Madam you don spoil this lady future endeavors by uploading her pictures. Anyways she has to pay and leave the property. I want to ask, how did you get their picture?

The question is does she work. All I see is woman that goes to club almost every night and comes back between 2-4am in the morning. Dont worry too much such just go to Italy.
Unfortunately, I recruited an agent who did no due diligence check and hence the situation that I find myself with.I now do this by myself.

They did not even finish paying the first years rent before they were let into the flat. I was told she transported herself with all her load from Ekiti and they refused to let her move in cos they were not fully paid up and they only let them in cos of the extreme begging from neighbours as she had her 3 year old boy with her. Eight months on she still refused to pay the balance and was going to fight the agent in the street when she was asked about it. She only paid when I came home and gave her hell after I saw what else she had been up to. The agent and lawyer collected their money complete and it was mine that was not complete.

When I land na poster I go first start with you really need to deal with business when people think they can go round taking advantage and disrespecting others.

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by azpekuliar: 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
subsidy12: Landlord do you reside in the same compound? I belive this is the house somewhere in Ajah. I will advice you to do everything in your hands to eject those people out of your property, don't bother collecting another rent from them. Your agent should be blamed for not knowing the kind of people he gave out the house to. Agents are all after their agency so they care less even if the tenant is an vulcanizer. Pls if u can get a truck load of mobile police to evict them pls do before they take over your property. A sticth in time saves nine. I'm a chattered estate surveyor and I know how stubborn tenants can be. Cheers

You are a chartered estate surveyor and this is the best advice that you can come up with?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
gabbytabby:

The question is does she work. All I see is woman that goes to club almost every night and comes back between 2-4am in the morning. Dont worry too much such just go to Italy.
Unfortunately, I recruited an agent who did no due diligence check and hence the situation that I find myself with.I now do this by myself.

They did not even finish paying the first years rent before they were let into the flat. I was told she transported herself with all her load from Ekiti and they refused to let her move in cos they were not fully paid up and they only let them in cos of the extreme begging from neighbours as she had her 3 year old boy with her. Eight months on she still refused to pay the balance and was going to fight the agent in the street when she was asked about it. She only paid when I came home and gave her hell after I saw what else she had been up to. The agent and lawyer collected their money complete and it was mine that was not complete.

When I land na poster I go first start with you really need to deal with business when people think they can go round taking advantage and disrespecting others.

Oh she is a runs gal. She looks like it. Well this is business, dont bother negotiating because there will be issues later in the future. But it is so sad for people to behave this way. If you don't have money all you have to do is plea for more time rather than fight.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
She is an OSAS wey come Lagos and needs to see the different sides to Lagos.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
how much was the balance that was left 30k and because of this she was happy to let all her household goods lay outside for all to see and inconvenience her 3 year old boy.

After the promises to pay did she honour her promise no. Eight months on this same woman then bought a 100k plus generator after complaint about the old one within days and celebrated birthday party for her 4 year old then had the guts to tell me did I not see that she feed everybody a week ago hence I have to wait for my money. I am suppose to fund her lifestyle.

Her history with me has not been good and she really has no sense of responsibility hence she ends up loosing respect. After she go say person no like her its more a case of your attitude stinks.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
gabbytabby: She is an OSAS wey come Lagos and needs to see the different sides to Lagos.

madam im really surprised how you get her pics. Facebook? But that woman is old for that kind of lifestyle
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
^^^^^^
There are ways, when people are always seeking public attention or looking for sugardaddy then its easy for you to find info about them. Photos are usually taken to show off the assets they are selling. They go to club almost everynight so its also easy to gather some evidence that way as it demonstrates their life style(igbo smoking and all) and why you might have concerns about habouring people of questionable means and character as you know, the lagos state govt is not happy to have landlords who harbour criminals.

I had to watch them take photo every week you would think they are models then they are but of a different kind.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by azpekuliar: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
^^^
Damn! That lady in the pink top is hot!!!...grin
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
Could be your kind of women. Especially if you like pigs and elephant. If you be skeleton na crush she go crush your bones oh but then you might get to climb mount everest. grin
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by azpekuliar: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
gabbytabby: Could be your kind of women. Especially if you like pigs and elephant. If you be skeleton na crush she go crush your bones oh but then you might get to climb mount everest. grin

Well at least I have no plans to make her my tenant.... grin
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
^^^^^^^ Funny.

who sigh like them people they say. Before you get a chance to say Jack Robinson she go tell you say she get belle no be only tenant she go be na landlady by association or fuckaciation.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Madam is angry. Just use police and chase them out. I don't think they might have the money for any court action.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282441/HMRC-names-shames-tax-dodgers-stop-people-defaulting-payments.html

Countries are also naming and shaming debtors who refuse to pay. Do you think they ask for the person's permission before they do it. Provided what they are saying you did is genuine then they have no case to answer.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
Boss13: Madam is angry. Just use police and chase them out. I don't think they might have the money for any court action.

I honestly dont really care what they have money to do or not as the case may be. As a minimum even stopping their totally unruly, destructive 4 year old from sexu..ally interfering with my girl is worth a lot to me. Promiscious people end up raising the same children its about what they are exposed to. I have already put up some security to our unit because of their child.

With his mom and 2 househelps they cant still look after and raise him properly. I guess she is busy enjoying life for club so she no get time. Half the time she comes home drunk what respectable woman and mother does that on a regular basis.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
What area is this
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:46am On Feb 28, 2013
Boss13 thanks for helping put some mileage on this.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by Boss13: 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
you are yet to tell us the area
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Boss13 -You wan go there go arrest am . Na Lagos or you wan make I give you her number ? Someone suggest make I contact her pastor what do you people think.

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + Interior For Half Plot Of Land / Heavy Duty 350kva Generators For Rent, Short And Long Term Hire In Lagos / Frequently Asked Questions About Real Estate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.