Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police (9851 Views)

Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Can We Get Mobile Filling Station For Sale ???? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
I have what I call tenants from hell and my brother is a mobile police and says I should let him handle business by going to the local police station and then dealing with matters expeditiously. I really dont have the patience for this people. What are the options before I give him a free hand to do it the Nja way.

Their one year rent is up and they have not paid that as well.

REASONs:
1) Failure to pay full rent rendering the landlord being unable to issue you with a tenancy agreement. The Landlord requires that you pay the outstanding sum of thirty thousand naira to her within the next 7 days.I sack agent cos I left clear instruction not to give vacant possession unless full rent is received.
2) Criminal trespass by breaking and entering into adjacent property
3) Changing the use of the said property broken into from residential to commercial storage.
4) Causing nuisance in the neighbourhood by allowing persons who brought the trailer load of commercial storage to drink hard liquor and leave the broken bottles by the opposite property being.
5) Illegal tampering by procuring the services of an electrician to bypass the electricity meter installed by the Landlord and using and causing other tenants to be complicit in the use of electricity without paying for such for a period of 8 months. You have not paid any electricity since you took vacant possession of your flat in December 2011.
6) Failure to rectify the illegal electrical tampering despite the Landlord’s request to do this.
7) Damage to front of your flat, trespass into Landlord’s private space causing damage.
cool Constant noise nuisance by the use of a defective and extremely loud generating set and insisting on leaving this on throughout the middle of the night until the morning despite complaint that such renders sleep impossible for others.
9) Exposing the other occupants in the property to increased security risk by regularly coming in at 2 to 4am in the middle of the night. Almost every night and the suspicion be say she be love peddler.
10) Failure to pay for security and cleaning charge and insisting that continued payment will only be made if you are able to use the staff for personal errands thereby taking him away from his job.
11) Resorting to aggressive, abusive and threatening behaving to the Landlord and Agent when abuses and concerns as detailed above are brought to your attention.
12) Not properly supervising your son who is causing damage to other children’s property, person and violating by touching the Landlord daughter’s vagina and becoming abusive when the Landlord attempts to talk to him to address this behaviour.
13) Possible case of tenancy abandonment or subletting or securing tenancy by false representation. Inability to make contact with the tenant as tenancy was issued to a Mr Ariyo and when I asked for a meeting with the person that was presented to me as Mr Ariyo the person ran away without making contact. In 2 and half months that I stayed in the property Mr Ariyo only visited one evening.
14) Visitors to the unit say them smell them they smoke igbo.

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
Technically, I have a watertight agreement and can take possession. I just want to avoid the abeg syndromme from follow tenants and neighbours when yawa happen cos if them make me spend 400k to travel na xmas day na him them go comot gaskia.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
no suggestions
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by subsidy12: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2012
Landlord do you reside in the same compound? I belive this is the house somewhere in Ajah. I will advice you to do everything in your hands to eject those people out of your property, don't bother collecting another rent from them. Your agent should be blamed for not knowing the kind of people he gave out the house to. Agents are all after their agency so they care less even if the tenant is an vulcanizer. Pls if u can get a truck load of mobile police to evict them pls do before they take over your property. A sticth in time saves nine. I'm a chattered estate surveyor and I know how stubborn tenants can be. Cheers
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
Subsidy, I dont live in the country hence the delay as once i get there they will hear win. I have decided all I want is them out and no other cause of action. 2 plans(one is the mobile and I have to be there to give effect) are in motion as we speak and it will be useful to get other ideas about other ways.

I have requested mobile assistance with local police involvement 3 days after I land and before that I have another interim plan.

I am happy for them to take me to court and will deal with that when I get to it but they are a whole load of cheap skates so will pay for the process. They will cost me money but it is one that is well spent. This is the action they hope will happen let them start it. It also sends a message to another who really has a good job but has also not paid rent.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by ekoboy: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
I think you should apply caution. Don't play into their hands. They can sue you for anything the moment you throw their things out.You can be sure they will claim to have suddenly come into huge sums of money. The table will be completely turned against you. Don't take the law into your hands. I'll advice you use the laws, they are their to protect you. I understand cases don't stay in court very long these days. Make sure you use a lagos lawyer(local), they have their ways with the judges.

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2012
Its not a case of throwing their stuff out its a case of using assistance to get them to go out and if not actually welding in their stuff until I can get a chunk of time off to really deal with them with some health and safety issues thrown in. I am seeing my lawyer in the initial 2 days before I finally decide on what route to take.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tenant out of town for the holidays but I have set in motion the first steps they have not paid service charge so I have asked the gateman to just watch them come in and open the gate by themselves and to tell them he has been asked not to cos they have not paid for his service. He is also not to go on any errands for them . They start to loose respect slowly.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
The cretin has come back from village and then pays 10k after owing 412k. Its laughable I have already informed my cousin who is a judge in lagos state.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by debaj10: 5:47am On Jan 21, 2013
Hi,
I usually don't post replies, but here goes:
Please, since you have a lawyer, the FIRST thing is to have an officer VISIT your property with the lawyer in tow.
Then, apply to the courts through lawyer.
Since you're abroad, you're familiar with 'warrants'. The moment olopa enters your house, it's a police case, so make sure he's 'off-duty' and in 'mufty'.
I'm a Christian; rather deal with problem people out-of-court, else they can wipe your account via the court case. Plus, they may simply get a free public defender, or stall the case by refusing to turn up every now and then.
Maybe you should use carrot and stick- Plan renovation of damaged areas, make dem tink say u b mugu; then once work commences, put up Adverts- Property for Sale! (plus 'prospects' who come to view the building, lol)
Cunny man die...
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by blank(f): 6:28am On Jan 21, 2013
gabbytabby: The cretin has come back from village and then pays 10k after owing 412k. Its laughable I have already informed my cousin who is a judge in lagos state.

I am assuming that the house in question is in Lagos state. There is a tenancy law in place which would favour your tenants from hell if you use extra judiciary means. You will end up paying more than what they have paid you and you will face jail time.

Why not research on it especially on nairaland and give them them the appropriate number of days. I know someone when went the legal route and the case was done in less than 1month. Don't break the law cos if those ones go to court, no one will hear all these your stories andyou will go to jail.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
I am using this time to build up a dozier on the cretin and her family and boy oh boy na wa oh as I have completed this. Since the tenancy was issued in another name it means that I have no issues with her and its tenancy abandonment, illegal occupation and trespass. She can just be locked out until the tenant is produced(but since tenancy fraud was committed she will not be entitled to a public defender). The tenancy allows me to take possession. Taking all the advice and costings and all I have some plan of action which will come into play when I am on ground. We will combine all the legal and all the tacticals.

Watch this space as other landlords will be able to see her true name, photo and make up their minds about renting to the trouble makers who go through life looking for a free ride.

I am from lagos (the governor is a relation self) and if need be will call in all the reinforcement that I might need. At this point its a need to know basis and in the scheme of things she really is a small fry. Even my family will tell you so as I have this adage which says everyone get craze for head but most put it under wraps until situation warrants them to display it. Trust me if I was in lagos she would be a completed business.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
My tenancy agreement is with a Mr Johnson Ariyo. Madam says he lives in Ekiti. He is in the first photograph and the gateman has never seen him in the house. Please if you know him tell him to send an email to alayandeproperties@yahoo.com or call +447466963663(madam titled the photo me, him and baby)

The other photos are of the madam (Joy Okojie) who has been living in the flat, she calls herself Mrs Ariyo but her name is really Joy Okojie.

The second photo na where madam is posing in front of the flat where she is refusing to pay rent. The fourth photo is where she used to live, I understand that this is in Ekiti so if you were her landlord and have a story that might help my case please call me.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
Still relevant
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:15am On Feb 03, 2013
I think madam is from Uromi and went to Ambrose Alli University.

I have now been able to make contact with her family make them talk to am oh.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by doctokwus: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
Don't know about this,but it doesn't seem right to post someone's pics without their permission,particularly wen d pson has not bn fd guilty by an appropriate authority.How are we sure dis pics are not those of a woman who jilted u& d guy her new lover,how are we sure u are not doing this out of vendetta.Evn as free as d internet is,d mighty players do not disclose personal details& post pics without consent,talkless of somebody whose only side of d story we av heard

2 Likes

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
doctokwus: Don't know about this,but it doesn't seem right to post someone's pics without their permission,particularly wen d pson has not bn fd guilty by an appropriate authority.How are we sure dis pics are not those of a woman who jilted u& d guy her new lover,how are we sure u are not doing this out of vendetta.Evn as free as d internet is,d mighty players do not disclose personal details& post pics without consent,talkless of somebody whose only side of d story we av heard

We only judge others by our own standard so is that what you normally do ?

The person concerned has been given a link to the website so dont make their business your business. Are you suddenly afraid that all you think is hidden might soon come to light? Things are changing.

Your comment shows a lack of joined up thinking in the light of issues and just exposes gaps in your thought process. Try and keep to things you know something about or can make meaningful contribution to. Your option was to read and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by doctokwus: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
gabbytabby:

We only judge others by our own standard so is that what you normally do ?

The person concerned has been given a link to the website so dont make their business your business. Are you suddenly afraid that all you think is hidden might soon come to light? Things are changing.

Your comment shows a lack of joined up thinking in the light of issues and just exposes gaps in your thought process. Try and keep to things you know something about or can make meaningful contribution to. Your option was to read and move on.
Y wud u publish pples photographs without their knowledge.Y don't u paste yours here too;u want to remain anonymous,but paste others photos on a social media site.U may b right or wrong in your allegations,dats 4 d right authorities to decide,but dis way u av gone about it wt photos is definitely wrong,if u like take d advice or not.We live in a lawless country,so everybody does whatever he/she likes.U claim 2live abroad,can u evn dare attempting pasting anyone's photographs without ur ar se being sued& finding urself either in a jail house or hefty fine?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:33am On Feb 04, 2013
Current and still relevant.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Madam is raving but still refusing to pay.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Drunken Madam with bro and room mate.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by bbfever(f): 1:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Hello Madam, how are u doing today? This is Sam the Agent/property manager in Ajah who ought to have been managing ur property for u. I remember warning u about unqualified agents parading themselves out there and offering my services to you but u turned it down. I do not know what solution to offer u right now since the situation is not under my control. You shouldnt be going through all this if you had only calmed down and allowed credible persons to manage ur property.

However, professionally speaking, this situation can be handled even as it is because from what i see now you are at your wits end.

Let me know if you now finally need my services.

Cheers!
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hello Sam,

I am definitely not at my wits end but its a case of the money involved is not enough to make me drop what I am doing at this present time but deal with, I am 100% able to.

Sam I did not mind having you manage the property but the breakdown is because you insisted on combining the legal with your services and I am still insistent that I would deal directly on the legal issue as having a combined has not worked and the former agents lawyer wanted to work on the agents instruction instead of mine and since I am paying this is definite a situation that cannot happen.

I did finally get a response from my elusive tenant who has been ignoring my request for a meeting and while I was initially prepared to let bygone be bygone and start afresh I finally lost patience with them and their game playing. I am tired of the one thing after the other and I am done. All the other tenants are generally okay save for this one. I hope they know what is good for them.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by bbfever(f): 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
C'est la vie
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by mich2012: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
I think you should remove the pictures. Just an advice!
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thank you mich (Or should i say Mr Lunch you are in the photo cos you too are living free). Another set of promises has landed on my desk. We will see how that pan out.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
Reminder say i dey wait for their action and to hear good news say they don move on.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
I do have a consistent plan of action which I am putting on hold till next week friday as they have requested up till then.

I do need them to pay for what they owe and find alternatives that is better suited to their life style. No be by force there are other houses and other landlords.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by mich2012: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
gabbytabby: Thank you mich (Or should i say Mr Lunch you are in the photo cos you too are living free). Another set of promises has landed on my desk. We will see how that pan out.

What do you mean?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2013
Mich you need to get busy and not worry too much about this.

Madam got the letter in the first post in July 2012 so she had enough time to decide if she wants to live peaceable with others and pay her rent or follow through on her threat to stay and not pay rent for at least 6 months.

Stolen free things dey run belle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Duty 350kva Generators For Rent, Short And Long Term Hire In Lagos / Frequently Asked Questions About Real Estate In Lagos / Plots of Land @ Oakwood Park Estate Near RCCG Redemption Camp (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.