Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. (1689 Views)

Why I Visited President Buhari – Father Mbaka / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by God2man(m): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
God is God. God is sovereign. God is a mystery. He is an unquestionable God. There are certain things we can't but ask why? The truth is, your "why" has no answer. So, if you are wise, you take it like that. For example, God told Rebekah; Gen 25: 23 " And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be seperated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger"

Imagine the future of the unborn babies. They have not done anything. Innocent twins.

Paul made it more clearer. Romans 9: 11-16 " For the children being not yet unborn, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;
It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
As it is written, Jacob have i loved, but Esau have i hated.
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
For he saith to moses, i will have mercy on whom i will have mercy, and i will have compassion on whom i will have compassion.
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

Let's go further, Romans9:19-21 " Thou wilt say then unto me, why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, why hast thou made me thus?
Hath not the potter(God) power over the clay(Human beings) to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?"

What i have been saying here is that, nobody, i say nobody has the right to question God on certain eternal decisions. Truly, God is to be feared.

That's enough. I would like to beging this Historical facts from the BIBLE.

Let's start with Moses, how did God visit moses?
Exodus 3:1-5 " Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
And Moses said, i will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, MOSES, MOSES. And he said, Here am I."

After this call, God released his agenda for him.

Moses asked God; Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of isreal, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? What shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of isreal, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Now, my favourite, SAMUEL, God had a plan for his people, he was searching for a man for a season. He had to shut the womb of hannah. The result was SAMUEL, which means, call by God.
Let's start, 1 Samuel 3: 4-10" That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel Arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
And the Lord called Samuel again the thire time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, SAMUEL, SAMUEL. Then Samuel answered, speak; for thy servant heareth."

Then God released his agenda again.

The great Paul the Apostle. The Acts 9: 3-7 " And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, SAUL, SAUL, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him,Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
And the men Journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."

I believe we can see how God visited these people. Note the Double callings. MOSES, MOSES. SAMUEL, SAMUEL. SAUL, SAUL.

Let's bring all these divine visitations to Nigeria pentecostal history.

Let's begin, Apostle J.A Babalola of the Christ Apostolic Church. C.AC.
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by Areaboy2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
God2man: God is God. God is sovereign. God is a mystery. He is an unquestionable God. There are certain things we can't but ask why? The truth is, your "why" has no answer. So, if you are wise, you take it like that. For example, God told Rebekah; Gen 25: 23 " And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be seperated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger"

that's the problem right there. He is a dictator undecided
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by adonisgold: 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
Very insightful, I love it.
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by God2man(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
Joseph Ayodele Babalola was born on April 25, 1904 to David Rotimi and Madam Marta Talabi who belonged to the Anglican church. The family lived at odo-owa in ilofa, Kwara state.

Strange event took place during his birth, a strange and mighty object explode and shook the clouds.

The brother of the young Babalola a sunday school teacher in the CMS church at Ilofa, took him to Osogbo. Babalola started school at Ilofa and got as far as standard five at All saints' school, Osogbo.

He left school to become a mechanic apprentice. He later joined the PWD, Public Works Department. He was among the road workers who constructed the road from Igbara-Oke to Ilesa, working as a streamroller driver.

It started on the night of September 25th, 1928 when he suddenly became restless. He had no clue of such mysterious exprience. He was working on the Ilesa-igbara-oke road. Suddenly, the streamrollers engine stopped working, without any mechanical problem, the young Babalola became confused.

He was in this condition when a great voice called him.JOSEPH,JOSEPH,JOSEPH, if you do not quit this work you will surely die this year. The voice was loud and clear, the voice of God told him that he would die if he refused to obey the call of God. The voice of God told him to fast for seven days without food to know who called him. He obeyed the divine call, and Jesus appeared to him in a vision and gave him several instructions. God used him to cause the popular and historical Oke-Oye Revival of 1930 in Ilesha.

Archbishop Benson Idahosa.

He was born in Benin city on september 11, 1938, of poor pagan parents.

His education was irregular due to status of his parents. He later took correspondence courses from britain and the United states while working in Bata shoe company.

He was converted one sunday while playing soccer.

God visited him in a night vision, saying, " i have called you that you might take the gospel around the world in my name, preach the gospel, and i will confirm my word with signs following" The room was filled with the presence of God as Benson fell to his kness beside the bed.

I will continue later.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by cr8v(f): 12:53am On Dec 10, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
Good afternoon,

My beliefs: I believe in God, I believe in his son Jesus, I believe in his spirit the paraclete. I believe in divine revelations. I believe in the divine call. I believe everything that God has decided to reveal to humanity.

Now the following response to your posts are in order:

God2man: God is God. God is sovereign. God is a mystery. He is an unquestionable God.

I quite agree with you that God is all that you have said in the quote above but I disagree with you when you said God is "unquestionable".

I believe that God has every right to either answer a question or not to, but this does not mean that we can't ask him questions. God is a loving father and is really not one who frowns at every question. What God frowns at are questions which are not motivated by love. An example of this are the questions asked by Lot when God revealed his plans to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. God was not displeased with this cause his questions were motivated by love.

God2man:
There are certain things we can't but ask why? The truth is, your "why" has no answer.

The beginning of the pursuit of knowledge starts from the question "why". The above quote suggests that there is no answer to the questions we might be motivated to ask. Note that every "why" has an answer. The fact that God has decided not to reveal a lot of things to us does not imply a lack of answers.

God2man:
That's enough. I would like to beging this Historical facts from the BIBLE.

I quite agree that the portion you quoted from sacred scriptures were in order and I frankly believe that you deserve some commendation for your research. But your attempt at comparing the "calling" of the people you mentioned:

1) Moses

2) Samuel

3) Paul the Apostle.

With the "calling" of:

A) Joseph Ayodele Babalola

B) Archbishop Benson Idahosa.

lacks merit because I think you really do not understand the context in which God calls people.

Firstly, you should realize that the church (community of God's people) represents the body of Christ, any form of division tears this body apart. The people God called in sacred scripture were not called to divide the body of christ, (or from the perspective of the old testament) they were not called to form their own community. God's call to them, was meant to grow and nourish God's people. None of the people God called, went ahead to form his own church or community, they used their gifts within the community for the greater glory of God. But what we have in our time are people who claim to have a calling to form their own church. Go through scripture, you will not see one case where the one God called went ahead to form his own church.

Secondly, God cannot contradict himself. If you check the people God called, the message was consistent without any form of contradiction but in our time you find so many contradictions from those who claim to have received the calling from the same God, the same spirit of God. Sacred scriptures warns that we should not just accept every spirit, that we must put every spirit to the test. Not every spirit is from God.
If these people teach different things, it puts a big question mark on where they got their spirit from.

Thank you!
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin
God2man: Joseph Ayodele Babalola was born on April 25, 1904 to David Rotimi and Madam Marta Talabi who belonged to the Anglican church. The family lived at odo-owa in ilofa, Kwara state.

Strange event took place during his birth, a strange and mighty object explode and shook the clouds.

The brother of the young Babalola a sunday school teacher in the CMS church at Ilofa, took him to Osogbo. Babalola started school at Ilofa and got as far as standard five at All saints' school, Osogbo.

He left school to become a mechanic apprentice. He later joined the PWD, Public Works Department. He was among the road workers who constructed the road from Igbara-Oke to Ilesa, working as a streamroller driver.

It started on the night of September 25th, 1928 when he suddenly became restless. He had no clue of such mysterious exprience. He was working on the Ilesa-igbara-oke road. Suddenly, the streamrollers engine stopped working, without any mechanical problem, the young Babalola became confused.

He was in this condition when a great voice called him.JOSEPH,JOSEPH,JOSEPH, if you do not quit this work you will surely die this year. The voice was loud and clear, the voice of God told him that he would die if he refused to obey the call of God. The voice of God told him to fast for seven days without food to know who called him. He obeyed the divine call, and Jesus appeared to him in a vision and gave him several instructions. God used him to cause the popular and historical Oke-Oye Revival of 1930 in Ilesha.

Archbishop Benson Idahosa.

He was born in Benin city on september 11, 1938, of poor pagan parents.

His education was irregular due to status of his parents. He later took correspondence courses from britain and the United states while working in Bata shoe company.

He was converted one sunday while playing soccer.

God visited him in a night vision, saying, " i have called you that you might take the gospel around the world in my name, preach the gospel, and i will confirm my word with signs following" The room was filled with the presence of God as Benson fell to his kness beside the bed.

I will continue later.

God bless you.

God2man.

As a bible beleiving xtian .what portion of the bible can we find these testimonie? grin
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by ichuka(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
chukwudi44: grin

As a bible beleiving xtian .what portion of the bible can we find these testimonie? grin
Where is He that is born King of the Jews?for we have seen His *STAR* In the east,and are come to worship Him..Matt2:2.
Whenever someone great is been born nature must acknowledge His/Her birth.
Re: Historical Facts On How God Visited Some Men Of God. by Freksy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
i.chuka:

Where is He that is born King of the Jews?for we have seen His *STAR* In the east,and are come to worship Him..Matt2:2.
Whenever someone great is been born nature must acknowledge His/Her birth.

If the above is so, then children who are born in time of lightening and thunder have divine callings.

Those born when the earth quakes or the river overflows its basin have divine callings.

Those born when there is refraction of sun's rays in the sky by rain (rainbow) etc ete etc have divine calling.

Hmmmm, perhaps part of the reasons we have so many "men of god" in 9ja!

(1) (Reply)

“Anyone WORSHIPPING With Adeboye and Oyedepo Are In A CULT” – Olunloyo / Men And Women Of Worth. / Did Pharaoh Die In The Red Sea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.