Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election (10718 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Donald Trump Freaks Out On Twitter After Obama Wins Election / Jamaica's Opposition People's National Party Wins Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by temkemol: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by PetroDolla: 6:37am On Dec 10, 2012
the elections were largely free and fair. I voted for Nana Addo and the NPP, but I think the resuts were fair.

Observing the results, I think the NPP did not make as much gains as expected in the Ashanti areas. that, to my mind, was a major setback.

They should accept the results and move on. that's what democracy is all about, the will of the majority.

LONG LIVE GHANA!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by vanstanzy(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by chiboy1928(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2012
Can u just imagine that the mother of the minister of finance ngozi okonjo iweala mother has been kidnapped,nigeria boys are not smilling,well dat good atleast if they leaders were able to provide jobs,good roads,social amenites the guys would not take to crime like dat,ride on guys keep kidnapping all of dem cos dat wat they basicaly deserve.nijah guys are realy not smiling.thumps up
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ignis: 7:43am On Dec 10, 2012
mikron: IF UR NAME NA JOHN FOR GHANA BE SURE SAY U GO BE PRESIDENT FOR GHANA ONE DAY. CHECK AM NA
JOHN JERRY RAWLINGS-JOHN wink
JOHN KUFFOUR-JOHN wink
JOHN ATTA MILLS-JOHN undecided
AND NOW JOHN MAHAMA-JOHN.
YOU SEE. I COMMENT MY RESERVE. SORRY I RESERVE MY COMMENTgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Exactly my thought.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by oraclefemi(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2012
Wait please has the opposition come out to say there will be violence if they dont win? how many lives has been lost? there has no been no election in Ghana....Nigeria should be ashamed!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by heavylaro: 8:00am On Dec 10, 2012
Just like Jonathan, all governors in 9ja, Obama and even my boss...the power of incumbency remains potent!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by omarky(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2012
mikron: IF UR NAME NA JOHN FOR GHANA BE SURE SAY U GO BE PRESIDENT FOR GHANA ONE DAY. CHECK AM NA
JOHN KUFFOUR-JOHN wink
YOU SEE. I COMMENT MY RESERVE. SORRY I RESERVE MY COMMENTgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na to go do baptism be that o. And the pastor must give me John for baptism name. After which I will park myself go Ghana and join the popular party
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Strokes: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2012
God'l giv him wisdom
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by rickross2: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2012
PetroDolla: the elections were largely free and fair. I voted for Nana Addo and the NPP, but I think the resuts were fair.

Observing the results, I think the NPP did not make as much gains as expected in the Ashanti areas. that, to my mind, was a major setback.

They should accept the results and move on. that's what democracy is all about, the will of the majority.

LONG LIVE GHANA!

Congratulations to Mahama and the NDC. I ALWAYS MAINTAINED ITS NOT EASY TO WIN A SITING PRESIDENT IN AFRICA NO MATTER HOW WE PRETEND.

My wife voted NPP. I wanted Nana Addo to win coz he has made a lot of promises and I wanted to see if he can deliver on his promises. I know African politicians are sycophants, they hardly deliver on their electioneering promises. I can remember late president Atta mills promised to reduce petrol price but the moment he won the election he increased petrol prices 4 times before he died.

I still believe the NPP government of Kufour did wonders for Ghana that the current crop of NDC leaders cannot match.

But I think Nana Addos ALL DIE BE DIE rantings didn't help him. But his free SHS promise did give him some votes.
Generally it was a free and fair election. The opposition accepted the result already and will move on. Next time they should field a better candidate.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by topsyking: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

Why do you say that it was rigged?
U nid to ask pple protesting there why they r protesting
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by rickross2: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Techwriter: Ghana must go, Ghana must go! Well they left to build their country and soon you would be needing VISa to enter Ghana. Their democracy is working, their light is working, their education is working. Anyway I doubt if the Igbos would do better if all Nigerians begin to shout Biafra must go! Biafra must go!! Cos in this Lagos, landlords & Fashola are already saying it silently and in the North Boko Haram believes that action speaks faster than words

WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY TRYING TO SAY?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Umunede(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Statement: NPP disagrees with E.C declaration of results

The Chairman of the Electoral Commission, Dr Afari Djan, this evening made a declaration on the December 7 presidential election, declaring President John Mahama as the winner with 50.70% of the valid vote.

As the New Patriotic Party leadership made it clear to him earlier this evening, in a meeting requested by us and called by the National Peace Council, with the other political parties in attendance, we have serious reservations about the validity of what the Chairman of the Electoral Commission has done in declaring results that, by the evidence, do not reflect the mandate of the required majority of the Ghanaian electorate.

The National Chairman of the Party has accordingly convened an emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee of the NPP on Tuesday December 11 to lay out the steps that the party will take in light of these events.

In the meanwhile, we are calling upon all NPP members and supporters to remain calm.

......signed......
Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
General Secretary of the NPP

Source: NPP Communications Directorate
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Kewt: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2012
ghboy: i'm a Gh'nian and since a few have taken interest in our election lemme summarise for those interested.
Mahama the current president went for quality infrastructure and education since in the end it will solve other problems like unemployment and under development. his main opposition Akuffo Addo (one of the total 8 prez candidates) promised free health (18 yrs and below) and free SHS (Snr High Sch.) education. since primary edu is virtually free. he also promised massive industrialisation. the voting went on smoothly until a few problems. 2 of such problems were long queues due to the late arrival of voting material at certain stations and also the breaking down of the biometric and verification machines. (nb. this is the 1st time we using the biometric system of voting to prevent double or more voting er individual). these problems meant the election had to be postponed to the following day as well to ensure a lot of people were not disenfranchised. voting went on smoothly finally the Electoral Commission declared the results within 72hrs as promised. the media houses declared Mahama winner following provisional results from all constituencies (except 6). the main opposition party complained of fraud and the EC massaging figures of the incumbent. this was not enough to stop the EC from declaring John IV the winner. he got majority votes (50.70) so prevented a run off later in the month. he will be sworn in on the 7th of January.

Thanks for this contribution. Is it true that our own Obasanjo was in Ghana as an observer? Is it also true that opposition party accused him conniving with the ruling party to rig the elections? Did he really do it?

Any Ghanaian can help debunk or confirm the veracity of this allegation.

Thanks.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Umunede(m): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2012
Cusubaba: Typical Ghanaman, u can make noise, insult all Nigerians but it can't change the fact that foreigners control 98% of Ghana economy. Is only in Ghana that women will go to work and men will sit in the house gossping Chinese these...Chinese that... Nigeria these... Nigeria that.
no mind dem bros.
Ghana economy is worth $39bill. Ghana debt to GDP ratio is 43%, meaning that nearly half of their economy is ran on debt. Are u going to compare it with Naija economy that is worth $235billion and debt to GDP ratio is just 17%. Nigeria has all d chance to b d best country in d world. Our leaders just de Bleep up. Go and google
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by solomonorigbo: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2012
Congrats to him , I think he deservse it contiunity
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ghboy: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=Kewt]

Thanks for this contribution. Is it true that our own Obasanjo was in Ghana as an observer? Is it also true that opposition party accused him conniving with the ruling party to rig the elections? Did he really do it?

Any Ghanaian can help debunk or confirm the veracity of this allegation.

Thanks.
==============================
yea Obasanjo was an observer representing the Ecowas or AU (not sure which). he met the press to give his verdict on the whole election process. he did well in ensuring the EC and Peace Council did their neutral job. he was accused by the opposition for meeting the president earlier in the day on saturday. they thought it wasnt right for him to do so until after declaration. they thought both of them met to try and help the incumbent but there was no evidence to this. i even doubt they ever met one on one. all in all he did great and earned respect here
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by elbinmanny(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2012
lacasa: Thank God he has shoes grin
Who be this cockroach
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2012
JOHN KUFFOUR-JOHN wink

The way you guys make use of this big teeth smiley makes the poster appear Stu.p1d. Pls use it only when necessary and in a fewer measure.

You made a sane comment.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2012
agbari socket: Igbo don start robbery again tank god they catch and kill dos animal call smoke Igbo

Harmattan hasnt even started and we are seeing the effects on you. Abeg visit the nearest psy-home for brain maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Okwereoguvic: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2012
That shows we are still more civilised. Yes we should to promote our country, not always complaining. Our country nigeria is great. NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION.
drnoel: U mean just 11 million voted. How much population does Ghana have?
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by rickross2: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2012
Umunede: Statement: NPP disagrees with E.C declaration of results

The Chairman of the Electoral Commission, Dr Afari Djan, this evening made a declaration on the December 7 presidential election, declaring President John Mahama as the winner with 50.70% of the valid vote.

As the New Patriotic Party leadership made it clear to him earlier this evening, in a meeting requested by us and called by the National Peace Council, with the other political parties in attendance, we have serious reservations about the validity of what the Chairman of the Electoral Commission has done in declaring results that, by the evidence, do not reflect the mandate of the required majority of the Ghanaian electorate.

The National Chairman of the Party has accordingly convened an emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee of the NPP on Tuesday December 11 to lay out the steps that the party will take in light of these events.

In the meanwhile, we are calling upon all NPP members and supporters to remain calm.

......signed......
Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
General Secretary of the NPP

Source: NPP Communications Directorate

I hope they can sort this out ASAP without fomenting trouble. We dont want Ghana to go the Kenyan way
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by omoghana22: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2012
NPP is still the best party in ghana that can win any Election anytime if they choose a credible person in the like of Alan Cash, Obetsebi Lamptey.........Nana has made the NPP lost recognition because of his arrogant. Nobody can rule the Ga's with pride. Ga's are minority, they dont fight for presidency post but can decide who gets there. Nana Addo , "All die be die" has failed him. But i think the NPP in next election with a credible person is sure of wining next Election. Nothing that can stop the NPP not to win next election except JM perform bigger magic than the one of president Kufour. I hate the NDC with passion. Nana Addo was not a right person to lead the npp. We have lost but Ghana first. The Election Fever is still moving in me with love for my country, Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Abrantie: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2012
drnoel: U mean just 11 million voted. How much population does Ghana have?

24 million.

About 1 million of that are Nigerian economic/war refugees and 419 hustlers. Only about 10 out of that 1 million are truly genuine businessmen and women.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by omoghana22: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2012
SURELY, NEXT GHANA PRESIDENT.
John Alan Kwadwo Kyerematen (NPP in 2016.).............THE JOHN ROYAL FAMILY CONTINUE

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2012
Abrantie:

24 million.

About 1 million of that are Nigerian economic/war refugees and 419 hustlers. Only about 10 out of that 1 million are truly genuine businessmen and women.

And how did you come about this your statistics ? Are there not more than 10 Nigerians in the Nigeria Embassy
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Cusubaba(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
Abrantie:

24 million.

Lazy retarded plastic, when ur true with ur insults, u will go home and ur ugly fat pot belle lovepeddler girlfriend will feed u from the money she got from a Nigerian. Typical senseless, low minded Ghanaman, no wonder ur girls are kitty cat to Nigerians.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by adconline(m): 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: I doubt that very much, anyway if they are up to 25m, it means a lot of people didnt vote. Lagos is about the size of Ghana, its a little country its prolly why less than 3000 Megawatts can power the entire country.

You disagreed with a figured that someone had stated, yet you failed to provide your own figure. Google is ur best friend instead of displaying your arrogance and stupidity on the web.Voting is for 18 and above!
Folks like you is why polictrickians provide useless stats without being challenged. If Ghana with 25mil generates 3000MW, Nigeria generates about 4000MW when it should be generating at least 36,000MW.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by PetroDolla: 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Abrantie:

24 million.

grin
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by PetroDolla: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Umunede: [s]no mind dem bros.
Ghana economy is worth $39bill. Ghana debt to GDP ratio is 43%, meaning that nearly half of their economy is ran on debt. Are u going to compare it with Naija economy that is worth $235billion and debt to GDP ratio is just 17%. Nigeria has all d chance to b d best country in d world. Our leaders just de Bleep up. Go and google[/s]

Rubbish talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Sudan Becomes 54th African State / Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists / Hungary’s Parliament Ratifies Sweden’s Bid To Join NATO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.