Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,059 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Should Political Office Holders Be Comple To Send Their Wards To Public Schools? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Political Office Holders Be Comple To Send Their Wards To Public Schools? (965 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Political Office Holders Be Comple To Send Their Wards To Public Schools? by BlueMurder(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2012
It is no longer news that the educational sector is comatose. A vast majority of our public schools are presently no better than recreational centres, to which parents send their troublesome children. In particular, the collapse of public primary schools pains me greatly because i am a product of one of such schools which has been allowed to decay due to government neglect. The politicians may claim otherwise, but we at the base know the grim reality.

Most public primary schools look like dungeons, with no desks and chairs, decrepit buildings and barely qualified, ill-motivated teachers. What do we expect from pupils who 'graduate' from those schools? Yet, we all know that when you get it wrong at the primary (foundation) level of education, it becomes extremely difficult to navigate through higher levels.

I was shell-shocked when i visited the primary school i passed out of 22 years ago and saw the anemic state it was in. I pray that God gives me the strength to help in reviving it. What about you, fellow NLers? Did you attend a public primary (or secondary) school? In what condition is it at the moment? Should laws not be made to make it mandatory for all political office holders to send at least one of their children to public schools (primary especially), so that they would be committed to addressing the rot in the system?
Re: Should Political Office Holders Be Comple To Send Their Wards To Public Schools? by BlueMurder(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2012
Wow! No opinions? Please let us share our experiences/opinions. I am just thinking that it would be hard for political office holders to pay lip service to the revival of primary school education in particular, if they are forced to send their wards to those schools. Some of us may claim that our siblings/kids do not attend public schools, but how many private schools are even operating according to standard? I know of a private school whose teachers (80% of whom are Youth Corp members and those on Teaching Practice) are told to ensure that every pupil must be given a pass mark, whether he/she deserves it or not shocked

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Oye-ekiti Pre-degree Application Re-opened! / Adeyemi College Of Education's 2012/2013 School Fee / JAMB Change Of Institution Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.