Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (1417 Views)

Smartphone Thieves Will Hate This New Android 5.1 Update. / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry / A Soldier Stole My Iphone 4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by olsmade(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
It was not just another Saturday as my elder brother was tying the knot that fateful day. I was wearing the native Yoruba 'up and down' (buba and soro). At the end of the church service, we took turns to take pictures with the new couple. In the frenzy of taking pictures n guests leaving, I felt a tug on my buba and then another one after which I looked back and saw an elderly man which gave me the impression that I was mistaken but to be double sure, I checked all the items I had on me and alas, my iPhone was gone. I had somebody check where I sat in church but it was nowhere to be found. I dialled my number immediately but somebody kept cutting the call. I however have a tweak installed on my iPhone that prevents you from switching off the phone from the lockscreen if you don't know the password. The tweak also snaps your picture with the front camera n sends it to my email. After about 20 mins, a few pictures started getting to my mail and to my greatest surprise, what I saw was indeed very surprising. Check out the faces of my iPhone thief n his accomplices. Unfortunately Im not based in Lagos and I'm returning to my PPA. The people at the church (st Paul's Anglican church, Agege) don't seem to know him.

edit: the tweak is called iGotYa and you have to install through cydia. It is an alternative to findmyiPhone
pictures no longer showing - i guess the mods are not cool with it. check out the original link in the crime section at https://www.nairaland.com/1127095/thieves-stole-iphone-pics-included
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by Valto(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
HMMM. NO BE SMALL TIN O....SO AN OLD MAN LIKE THIS DE STEAL TOO.... MAYBE U TRY CIRCULATE THIS PICTURES ON FACEBOOK, someone may know one of them!
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by spothot: 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Whao!!!!! wish all smartphnes have this app
@poster don't u think they might be trying to locate the owner considering their numbers? 'cos if lt's true, u would have seriously damaged their rep if u circulate their pictures
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by olsmade(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
spothot: Whao!!!!! wish all smartphnes have this app
@poster don't u think they might be trying to locate the owner considering their numbers? 'cos if lt's true, u would have seriously damaged their rep if u circulate their pictures

trying to locate the owner? Im trying to locate them too. let them bring it on.

damage their rep? thats the whole idea. + arresting them too. getting my phone back now might be a long thing. In saner climes, dey would be behind bars already.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by Valto(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
spothot: Whao!!!!! wish all smartphnes have this app
a phone thief trying to locate the owner of the phone he stole ............................. cant u see where the poster wrote
I dialled my number immediately but somebody kept cutting the call
.... @poster do anything possible, to recover ur phone. even if it means circulating their pictures on facebook.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by Kx: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
olsmade: I however have a tweak installed on my iPhone that prevents you from switching off the phone from the lockscreen if you don't know the password. The tweak also snaps your picture with the front camera n sends it to my email.

Sorry about your loss.
Would u mind educating the house on how to install such tweaks or better still direct us to sites that can provide such info?
Tnx
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by olsmade(m): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2012
Valto: a phone thief trying to locate the owner of the phone he stole ............................. cant u see where the poster wrote.... @poster do anything possible, to recover ur phone. even if it means circulating their pictures on facebook.

thx boss. its difficult but I'll keep trying.

Kx:

Sorry about your loss.
Would u mind educating the house on how to install such tweaks or better still direct us to sites that can provide such info?
Tnx

done sir. i included it in the original post.
Re: The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone by touchmehard: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
Infact, they even look like thieves sef

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! / Nokia Launches N1 With Android Lollipop / Price Slash Uk Used Original Blackberry Porsche Design P'9981 @55k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.