Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears (24100 Views)

Fearing The Apocalypse, Man Tries To Build His Own Ark / What Do You Think Will Happen By December 21, 2012(so Called End Of World) / December 21 2012 The End Of The World . . . . . . . . . R They God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by aglomar: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
Fools no go finish
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Iaz93: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
ROTFL@some comments ..
If na true, den HEAVEN sure for ME
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
ngosayogie:

[size=32pt]Mayans themselves reject any notion that the world will end. Pedro Celestino Yac Noj, a Mayan sage, burned seeds and fruits to mark the end of the old calender at a ceremony in Cuba. He said: "The 21st is for giving thanks and gratitude and the 22nd welcomes the new cycle, a new dawn."
[/size]

[size=16pt]I AGREE WITH THIS 100& ! INFACT IVE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL YEAR ROUND EVEN BEFORE THIS MAYAN BABALAWO SAID SO!

USELESS FOREIGN MEDIA IS ALWAYS MISINTERPRETING THINGS![/size] angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Revolva(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Johnsonifeoluwa: GOD pls 4give me of all my sins as I am a sinner.pls I don't want to Go to hellfire

Fool see them ...you are a complete idiot hellfire for where places that don't even exist even the said. Heaven sef -- and lemme tell you all this world is a world without end -- just come into the world do your part die and go back to the dust
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by pendusky(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
When I watched the Movie '2012' in 2009 i noted 1 thing that a particular place in China will be excluded from this Mayan Apocalypse, maybe its time i start applying for china visa ASAP! grin
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by timilehin007(m): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
horlajide: Must say I do not believe in this whole story about the World coming to an end on 21st but must also confess that after watching the documentary NOSTRODAMUS 2012, I was left with the impression that day wouldn't be an ordinary day. I'm not saying the world will end on 21st tho.
i agree with you too, its not just gonna be an ordinary day
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Rossikk(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na wa o grin E be like say boyz go soon all jam for heaven. grin grin Well, all na change of levels. We live forever. No such thing as death. One love. cool cool
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by bbpreye2: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
ngosayogie: Fears that the end of the world is nigh have spread across the world with only days until the end of the Mayan calendar, with doomsday-mongers predicting a cataclysmic end to the history of Earth.

Ahead of December 21, which marks the conclusion of the 5,125-year "Long Count" Mayan calendar, panic buying of candles and essentials has been reported in China and Russia, along with an explosion in sales of survival shelters in America. In France believers were preparing to converge on a mountain where they believe aliens will rescue them.

The precise manner of Armageddon remains vague, ranging from a catastrophic celestial collision between Earth and the mythical planet Nibiru, also known as Planet X, a disastrous crash with a comet, or the annihilation of civilisation by a giant solar storm.

In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.

"We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."

In the French Pyrenees the mayor of Bugarach, population 179, has attempted to prevent pandemonium by banning UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mount Pic de Bugarach.

According to New Age lore it as an "alien garage" where extraterrestrials are waiting to abandon Earth, taking a lucky few humans with them.

Russia saw people in Omutninsk, in Kirov region, rushing to buy kerosene and supplies after a newspaper article, supposedly written by a Tibetan monk, confirmed the end of the world.

The city of Novokuznetsk faced a run on salt. In Barnaul, close to the Altai Mountains, panic-buyers snapped up all the torches and Thermos flasks.

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian prime minister, even addressed the situation.

"I don't believe in the end of the world," before adding somewhat disconcertingly: "At least, not this year."

In China, which has no history of preoccupation with the end of the world, a wave of paranoia about the apocalypse can be traced to the 2009 Hollywood blockbuster "2012".

The film, starring John Cusack, was a smash hit in China, as viewers were seduced by a plot that saw the Chinese military building arks to save humanity.

Some in China are taking the prospect of Armageddon seriously with panic buying of candles reported in Sichuan province.

The source of the panic was traced to a post on Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter, predicting that there will be three days of darkness when the apocalypse arrives.

One grocery store owner said: "At first, we had no idea why. But then we heard someone muttering about the continuous darkness."

Shanghai police said scam artists had been convincing pensioners to hand over savings in a last act of charity.

Meanwhile in Mexico, where the ancient Mayan civilisation flourished, the end time has been seen as an opportunity. The country has organised hundreds of Maya-themed events, and tourism is expected to have doubled this year.

Nasa has been aggressively seeking to dispel doomsday fears. It says there is no evidence Nibiru exists, and rumours it could be hiding behind the sun are unfounded.

"It can't hide behind the sun forever, and we would've seen it years ago," a Nasa scientist said.

The space agency also rejected apocalyptic theories about unusual alignments of the planets, or that the Earth's magnetic poles could suddenly "flip."

Conspiracy theorists contend that the space agency is involved in an elaborate cover up to prevent panic.

But David Morrison, an astronomer at Nasa, said: "At least once a week I get a message from a young person, as young as 11, who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday. I think it's evil for people to propagate rumours on the internet to frighten children."

Mayans themselves reject any notion that the world will end. Pedro Celestino Yac Noj, a Mayan sage, burned seeds and fruits to mark the end of the old calender at a ceremony in Cuba. He said: "The 21st is for giving thanks and gratitude and the 22nd welcomes the new cycle, a new dawn."

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9730618/Mayan-apocalypse-panic-spreads-as-December-21-nears.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Please who knows the recipe for afang soup?
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by valencia25(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
val_dubem: I watched a documentary on National Geographic Channel yesterday, December 2012 Doomsday predicted by the Mayans was Misinterpreted. folks, if you still believe in the world coming to an end, you can hook me up and Give me all your properties.
Incase you are given some properties, kindly share with me grin grin
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Odinaka00(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
So nairaland nor go exist again βξ that na? So e come βξ say all thes moderators go die? Chineke ekwekwala ihe ojoo
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Mavrick2012: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
rosamaris: If only people can prepare for the second coming of Christ like this. They choose to believe the mayan calender and what science fiction tells them rather than anchoring their faith in God and beleive what the Bible says. When God's judgement will come on this world, it will be with fire and brimstone and "nobody" will escape. Remember sodom and gomorrah. Repent and turn to Jesus. He is the only refuge from the impending judgement of God upon the earth.
oh,oh,oh.as u min "NOBODY" wil escape "gods judgment?,includin u n even ur pastor?bad 4 u o
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by pastormustwacc: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
juliebest: Thats just 11 days away, lets see.
Anything can happen, but world is going to continue. I have already received some visions of some distant events beyond 2012. So as far as i know, no world is ending.
If you like, spend all your money finish say world go end. Some people go turn to beggers. . .
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
salafiyy: THIS IS A BIG LIE, WHEN THE TIME IS GOING TO BE ESTALISHE NO ONE NOT EVEN THE ANGELS NOR THE PROPHETS (OF GOD) EXCEPT GOD HIMSELF,THEREFORE, THE TIME IS NOT DETERMINED BY ONE FOOLISH M. CALENDAR. BEFORE THE TIME SHOULD BE EXPECTING TEN GREAT SINGS: THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST TO KILL THE ANTI-CHRIST THAT WILL BE FOLLOWED MAJORLY BY THE JEWS (ISREAL), THE COMING OF THE BEAST MAGOG AND MAJUJ,A GREAT SMOKE E.T.C. SO; NON OF THESE ARE YET TO HAPPEN. SO PEOPLE ENJOY AND FLEX...BUT TEAR ALLAH!
chei this one na chrislam in action, taking from bible completing with fear allah wow wow
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by kaydibs(f): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
vascey:

Heya.
Yours was touching.
The world is not coming to an end.
You shall find all you seek. Amen.
Awwww tnx vascey. You shall find all u seek too
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by konami001: 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
hahaha...reminds me of the millenium bug episode... its very interesting
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Aafulenu(f): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
lol 3 days darkness and dem dey panic. very funny

i doubt if anyone in 9ja wojld be scared of mere 3days darkness, our gen don spoil? grin grin grin
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by OME1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
End of the world blah blah blah...the world isn't ending Dec 21st...by the way if you think you are going to be abducted by aliens pack enough of that unmentionable commodity on NL..it no dey mars oh..
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Ogundale(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Infact december 21st i go da on top my iyawo;;;;:::
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by fflamingo(m): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hell - Strictly Christians Only

Why will we continue to live in fear
Why will we continue to sin to our creator
if you know my father you are saved
And who is this my father
The kings of king
The one who sits in heaven and rule.in the affairs of man!!!
Abeegi stop ur sinful life and live a sinless life
And for those of you who think u will repent in the 11th hour haa it will be too late ....
Take heed
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by F00028: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
"So when the Long Count calendar hits its
limit on the 23rd (or 21st) of December four
years from now, will that be it – the end of
everything? There's no reason to think so, or
to think the Mayans thought so. Just picture a
very large and complex odometer flipping
over to a long line of zeros and continuing
on from there."

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2283/does-the-mayan-calendar-predict-the-end-of-the-world-in-2012
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by onyxo76(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
If you read your bible well you will realise that God doesn't lie concerning his word,no one knows when the world will end except God. If the world truly ends on 21st then God has done something he cannot do and that is to lie....

I know most folks don't study the bible so why won't they start getting afraid because of one mayan calender, I ve heard so many doomsday dates esp oct 28th 1992 which came and went like any other day.
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Easykel21(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
Wat a scam......ol dis bleepers eh....hmmm i dey pity una oooo...God go just give una heavenly slap...GBOAH!!!!!....end of d world koh....mtchew

1 Like

Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by collins123(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Somebody should ask these MOGs if the world's gonna end on 21st:

Oyedepo

Chris Okotie

Pastor Adeboye

Chris Oyakilome

If the world no come end, what will happen. These people claim they know God personally. They should have answers!!! Muhahahaha.
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Impulse80(m): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Viewing this topic: silverluci, mexes85, bulkwide, Mooshiwa, Johnnoah1st, benjamin02, garri_gangster, safarigirl(f), lillyboy, yousername, Guliver, Lol4all(f), elelem(m), pm05337(m), BarexB, noskeybaba(m), F00028, Thugnificent(m), mikeywise(m), sylaz(m), Ezy~p(m), oyb(m), bigsam360, aruzuoke(m), deji yusuf, patanjaly, boneruns(m), Osareime(f), eminemkayc(m), cars4sell, bizie, odum desmond(m), Anaskie(m), SmartCount(m), haykay2005, miky_mouse(m), dady12, hauwabd(f), olu4life(m), Uniboy, novakid (m), slex(m), emmalexabl(m), Simplechic, SniperInADiaper, thrugemaster(m), collins123(m), pna, Gaius667, Nate overlord(m), piica(m), funkygirl, kaffy4tope, jide4lagos(m), shol(m), Winken, anibo2(m), eyantotipe(m), odukoko(m), yinchar(m), alexan1962, domido, Il Capitano(m), mr gaga, slimderek(m), georgee(m), Yeske!(m), baabiija, samoy, mcchegzy(m), a.kmusty, fagbalex(m), wura2020, The General(m), Vincent 4(m), majour(m), gentlejohn(m), olabosun(m), bucho, Ikonz(m), GMacbeth, kedameh, bukalino(m), Aafulenu, tchidi(f), boyprodigy(m), idmoore(m) and 93 guest(s)

walai no b small tin o grin grin grin grin
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Adesiji77: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ignorance is bliss! *smh*
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by crisycent: 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
I think I should withdrawal my small thing in my bank account because if a solar flare hits earth, our computer and all electronic device will stop working....before my bank begin argue say I no get reach 1billion for my account.
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by phadat(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
I pray oo end ko start ni
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by 360command: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
no wonder , i dey c chinkos or abi asians dey troop in africa. una don notice am? e b like say witey's don dey enter africa wella...
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
kay dibs: Bet world wait na cryBet world wait na. I haven't found love yet,

what of me?

no money in my account, no property of my own.

U own's me.

I neva even experience childbirth looool.

my joystick will do the magic.
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Ogbonnagba(m): 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
There are lots of prediction about the year 2012 (read BIG SECRECT) but the ways of God are not predictable. Just be Holy and Ready for his coming and not Dec. 21 2012.
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by AjanleKoko: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Well . . . eleven days more. So hold on to your hats, folks wink
Re: Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears by Rajosh(m): 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Oh my gosh.dem white fellas are so freaking stupid.how can anyone believe this crap.when a white man chooses to be stupid,he becomes stupid to the core.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-PMAN President Tee Mac Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / Prophet Wale Olagunju: Buhari & APC Would Not Win The 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.