Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) (6960 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by smartbabe1: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hi everyone, please a friend introduced me to this inspiring site and i wish to get some good advice from you all b/c i believe that two heads are better than one and i may really get good advice from some peeps that have witness this.

i got married last 2yrs, we did only traditional wedding . we got divorced last year b/c of some incompatibility in us. and hubby changing into something else when God used me to bless him. but i'm divorced though i have a son. i got divorced last yr. since my divorced, i have been alone praying, asking God to change him but to no avail. i'm a human being i can't keep on waiting. life has to go on b/c i have lost alot of suitors even after the divorce b/c i have always wanted to have my kids from the same dad but nature doesn't want that.

i have been bored and lonely since last year b/c i didn't wanna give any guy chance though they were coming.i decided to wait to know if we will amend things but to no avail. few months ago, i decided to date someone but this time around, someone more older blc i believe that it may be my hubby's age that made him to be a mummy's boy and misbehaved, though he is not a baby. He is presently 35 while i am 25yr.

my present guy is 38yrs while i'm 25yrs. He is from Anambra, He is really a God sent to wipe away my tears. He loves me so much more than i do b/c i'm still scared of another marriage but i have to settle than b/c i'm not getting younger and he is very comfortable. we have done necessary introduction, as in showing and introducing each other to family members. By God's grace he will be paying my dowry this xmas. i told him that i don't want to do traditional wedding since i have done one before. As a lovely matured guy he is , he accepted but we will do our white wedding in Easter as we planned.

He is saying that is either my ex. takes my son or he adopts him. i have pleaded with him to allow my son grow with us for more two yrs before his dad takes him. but he says no. that he is too emotional, is it after he developed love and feeling for my son (our son) and my son will call him daddy, they will always be playing every night, one day one man like that will just come and take his boy away from him with an excuse that he is the biological father just b/c he was the one that donated sperm, that he will feel as if he has lost something and he can never get over it.

i have discussed with my ex and also my people have called him but he said he wouldn't take him now that my son must reach 6yrs before he takes him. meanwhile he is not bring money for his upkeep. my fiancee has given me so much reasons for us to adopt my son so that he will be his first child and when i give birth in future our baby will also have a brother to talk to and he must train him to any level. he knows that my son is a very great man. i have tried to let him know that this is Nigeria, his dad must come for him in future. he always say that i shouldn't panic.

please my fellow Nairalanders, should i allow my fiancee to adopt my son after our marriage this December? i'm really confused here b/c i don't want war blw me and my son's dad.

thanks.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by abdulkareemism(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
smartbabe1: Hi everyone, please a friend introduced me to this inspiring site and i wish to get some good advice from you all b/c i believe that two heads are better than one and i may really get good advice from some peeps that have witness this.

i got married last 2yrs, we did only traditional wedding . we got divorced last year b/c of some incompatibility in us. and hubby changing into something else when God used me to bless him. but i'm divorced though i have a son. i got divorced last yr. since my divorced, i have been alone praying, asking God to change him but to no avail. i'm a human being i can't keep on waiting. life has to go on b/c i have lost alot of suitors even after the divorce b/c i have always wanted to have my kids from the same dad but nature doesn't want that.

i have been bored and lonely since last year b/c i didn't wanna give any guy chance though they were coming.i decided to wait to know if we will amend things but to no avail. few months ago, i decided to date someone but this time around, someone more older blc i believe that it may be my hubby's age that made him to be a mummy's boy and misbehaved, though he is not a baby. He is presently 35 while i am 25yr.

my present guy is 38yrs while i'm 25yrs. He is from Anambra, He is really a God sent to wipe away my tears. He loves me so much more than i do b/c i'm still scared of another marriage but i have to settle than b/c i'm not getting younger and he is very comfortable. we have done necessary introduction, as in showing and introducing each other to family members. By God's grace he will be paying my dowry this xmas. i told him that i don't want to do traditional wedding since i have done one before. As a lovely matured guy he is , he accepted but we will do our white wedding in Easter as we planned.

He is saying that is either my ex. takes my son or he adopts him. i have pleaded with him to allow my son grow with us for more two yrs before his dad takes him. but he says no. that he is too emotional, is it after he developed love and feeling for my son (our son) and my son will call him daddy, they will always be playing every night, one day one man like that will just come and take his boy away from him with an excuse that he is the biological father just b/c he was the one that donated sperm, that he will feel as if he has lost something and he can never get over it.

i have discussed with my ex and also my people have called him but he said he wouldn't take him now that my son must reach 6yrs before he takes him. meanwhile he is not bring money for his upkeep. my fiancee has given me so much reasons for us to adopt my son so that he will be his first child and when i give birth in future our baby will also have a brother to talk to and he must train him to any level. he knows that my son is a very great man. i have tried to let him know that this is Nigeria, his dad must come for him in future. he always say that i shouldn't panic.

please my fellow Nairalanders, should i allow my fiancee to adopt my son after our marriage this December? i'm really confused here b/c i don't want war blw me and my son's dad.

thanks.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Everyone deserves a chaance to be happy.
However, yoour fiance cannot adopt your son except his faather gives up custody of him. It is. Legal process and before he can be adopted his father has to be proven to be negiligent or has indictated that he has no interest whatsoever in his son, which is not the case here.
I find it hard that you are willing to give away your son because of your husband, if this man loves you he should love your baggage long term or short term.
This is off the point however the phrase "I am not getting any younger" shouldn't be a reason to get married, if you find a good nice caring man as you have get married but don't ever get mrried or into a relationship because you are not getting ny younger" several people who have done that are unhappy, marry only because you have found someone who is ready to spend their lives making you happy. I don't like the desperte vibe Nigerian women are made to feel and get pressured into situations.
Congrats aagain on your upcoming wedding. Goodluck with your decision
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
smartbabe1: Hi everyone, please a friend introduced me to this inspiring site and i wish to get some good advice from you all b/c i believe that two heads are better than one and i may really get good advice from some peeps that have witness this.

thanks.

You sound like a child . . . you are 25yrs old, grow up!

1 Like

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by olatomiwa(f): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm. A tough one. Plead with him to let you raise the child together. Fluid or paper does not make a father. Sometimes, we have kids. Our biological kids and they are taken away from us by the cold hand of death, then what do we do? If the man comes for him later, you guys can discuss joint custody or fight for only visitation right for the boy since he is not caring for him. Don't let your fiancee adopt him, that boy can still blame you later in life. All the best.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by smartbabe1: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
@Debrief08 thanks awfully, i really appreciate your advice. @ ujujoan if i'm not a baby, i wouldn't come here to seek for an advice. we learn everyday and i'm here to learn. please what i need is your advice thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by slimyem: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Your fiancee cannot adopt your son after marriage as long as the boy's father is alive,is not a potential threat to the boy or you and doesn't consent to it.
A man who truly loves and deserves you should not make such demands on you or put you in this position.
If he loves ,treats and trains your son as his,the better for him as someday,the child's going to become a man and will recognise who truly is/was a "father" to him whether his "daddy" takes him from you or not!
Does your man not understand that anything he does for your son,he's also doing for you?
Why do you think you have to settle for this man because you are not getting any younger?
Why would you even want to settle for this kind of agreement?
Having your son live away from you because of a man?
You are 25 and have a whole life ahead of you.Don't make this choice because you think there'd be no other person that'd be as good or even better than him.
Goodluck to you!

1 Like

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Secondly Dear, people love their step children unconditionally whether they adopt them or not. Someone doesn't haave to belong to you before yyou are capable of showing them love.
I have a friend whose step mom raised 3 of them after their mother aabandoned them and their Dad, their Dad died and the step mom who was young and didn't have kids of her own spent her life raising them because she refused to let them loose another parent and be shipped off to Uncles who were desperate to get their hands on their Dads wealth. Their step mom fought very hard to keep them, luckily the late husband left instructions to that effect in his will still it was tough.
Fast forward, kids all grown, successful, their mom keeps in touch once in a while but doesn't want to disrupt her new life and new family with 4 kids. The mom showed up to do mother of the bride on her wedding and she was soundly ignored.

There are several step paarents who step up and sacrifice for kids that are not theirs without expecting anything in return. If we say we love God, then let us love selflessly

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
There is also a lady who is a friend of a friend who loves her step mom even more than the womans daughters do because she was a product of an aaffaair and dumped on the step mom, as angry as the step mom was with the situation she never took it out on her, never let her feel less of a child, gave her the same standard with her kids she was the bread winner of the home. Even when she seperated from her husband she still raised her step daughter along side her daughters as the girls mom couldn't afford to do so.
Today she is married and succesful, she treats her step mom like a god, yet the step mother gaave the mother free access, full visitation rights, and lways sent her on holidays with food stuff and pocket money. Thaat to me is Christainity

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by baby124: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
So you guys did not discuss this all while you were dating? Now that it is quarter to marry, this is now coming up? My dear, if he is going to marry you, he will marry you with all your baggage. He doesnt have to adopt the boy, and if he doesnt want to invest in him you take care of all the expenses relating to the boy. Yes, the boys father looks like he will come for him in future. He should do all he does for the boy, like he is doing it for you, as your son is a part of you. He shouldnt be giving you ultimatums. He doesnt have to be a sp*erm donor or an adopted father to be a dad. Dont abandon your child over a man please. You will destroy that boy. His father doesnt want him right now, and you self you want to potentially leave him for a man. If you and that man dont work out nko?
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
38 years - 25 years = 13 years.
Interesting, seems everybody seems to be okay with this . OP at your age most gals are still praying for a serious boyfriend. E be like say you fine no be small.
I wish you the best but please make this one work o. E no easy to dey carry high turn over for number of spouse o. Regardless of how pretty you are.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by victorian(f): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Op,u r unserious..... no use.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by safeLove(f): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
Guitarlife: 38 years - 25 years = 13 years.
Interesting, seems everybody seems to be okay with this . OP at your age most gals are still praying for a serious boyfriend. E be like say you fine no be small.
I wish you the best but please make this one work o. E no easy to dey carry high turn over for number of spouse o. Regardless of how pretty you are.

Re-read what you wrote and compare it to the matured advice being given to the OP,then give yourself a resounding clap of shame.
Mtcheeew!!

1 Like

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Callotti: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na this kain topics nor dey let me visit this part of NL. . . .
It always facinated moi . . . WHY CONFUSED PEOPLE STTTTTTTTTTTTTRAY INTO RELATIONSHIPS.
Next topic please! kiss
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
safeLove:

Re-read what you wrote and compare it to the matured advice being given to the OP,then give yourself a resounding clap of shame.
Mtcheeew!!

How old are you if I may ask ? This is a gaddam forum and I reserve the right to write shyte for all I care. Obviously your attack is premeditated cos it defeats all forms of logic that you would wanna attack my personality for lending my 2 cents.
As long as it's my opinion and am not shoving it up your throat then learn to keep to your lane.
Why is it so difficult for peeps to respect themselves huh ? Seeing how weak a vessel you really are, I'm gon let it slide but please never ever repeat such mistake again.
I mean, learn to restrain your obssesively compulsed fingers from addressing innocent strangers just walking down the e-street. If you did that in real life you could get shot . Okay ? Now run along.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
You are still a young lady at 25,so i dnt see any reason why u shuld be in haste to get married again.Gv urself a break pls

4 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by safeLove(f): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2012
@Guitarlife,silly little boy.
Didn't I read somewhere you wrote that you were 24yrs old.. Pikin.
Its like arguing with my mother's last born so am not going to exchange words with you.
And how did your globacom interveiw go?

1 Like

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 11, 2012
am i the only one that thinks its wrong that the so called biological father wants this woman to do all the hard work before he comes to collect the ready made child at 6 - WTF is that about. or am i reading wrong?

madam debrief we need to talk.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 11, 2012
Double post.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 11, 2012
safeLove: @Guitarlife,silly little boy.
Didn't I read somewhere you wrote that you were 24yrs old.. Pikin.
Its like arguing with my mother's last born so am not going to exchange words with you.
And how did your globacom interveiw go?
Heheheee get ready for this o. How do I confirm you are not the mum's last born which makes us colleagues huh ? You need to give us ample proof and stop calling me a 24 year old I'm 25 gaddamit. As per glo, we still dey arrange noni o. Great day.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 11, 2012
Madam Cotton Good morning. On transist, even lucky say I see small network. Madam CC will give you my email, when I see netowrk I go reply.
Have a great day sweets
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2012
good morning - awaiting the email

here is mine just in case cotton101_1@yahoo.com
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 11, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2012
If dis man really loves u then i dnt see any big deal accepting d young boy.He is just imposing on u tinking dat he's doin u a favour.Am nt seein dis man treating u like a queen if u guys eventually got married,so am still advicing u to gv urself sm break.Love is very essential in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 11, 2012
Cotton, Mail sent
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Johndoe100(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2012
@OP
By now you must have realized why that "your friend" (who by the way means you ill, believe me anyone who wished you well would have told you to avoid this board like the plague) pointed you in the direction of this board. This board is a place people come to ask for solutions and get convinced to break up their homes. You are new so I will pardon you. If you have an interest in your future, you will abandon these people and go live your life. The truth is I have become wary of people coming here to "seek advise". It is like a man who goes to a brothel to "consort" with prostitutes and meets a woman who says she is there because she just needed a hotel room for the night.

If you are for real - run away as fast as you can. I read some of the replies and I just shook my head. He is paying your bride price this month and you are here with the mistresses of divorce? Anyway they have told you already to call of the wedding, what does the man mean abi? Well I wish you the best, if you choose wisely you win a happy future, follow these hags and in a few more years you will join your sisters to be smiling the stooopid smiles they smile whenever they meet people like me and are trying to attract our attention.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Johndoe100(m): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2012
Guitarlife: Heheheee get ready for this o. How do I confirm you are not the mum's last born which makes us colleagues huh ? You need to give us ample proof and stop calling me a 24 year old I'm 25 gaddamit. As per glo, we still dey arrange noni o. Great day.

How are you? Don't let these hags errrr..........ladies get you down. grin
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Ivynwa(f): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2012
You can't adopt another man's son against his volition. Your husband should be mature about it and prepare his mind that some day the boy may leave you to his father if that is the arrangement you guys have. Your husband is nice by the way, some other persons may not want the boy in your marriage so that others won't know that his new wife had a child somewhere. There doesn't seem to be a problem here if things are looked and taken as it is by both of you.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by smartbabe1: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2012
thanks so much all, i really appreciate your great contributions. i discussed it with him yesterday, i told him to forget about adoption and that i wouldn't love to give out my son b/c i don't know the kind of treatment they will give to him,if he truly loves me.He said he must speak with my ex face to face. why he is after adoption is b/c he knows how he will feel after some years, one man like that that has been enjoying his life somewhere will just come and take away his joy all in the name of biological father, it sounds so easy to me but he will feel so depressed. By God's grace i know he will calm down b/c i told him unless he doesn't what us to go on with the marriage and i will love my son to be in his biological daddy's compound when he grows up. I know he loves me and will love to respect my wish. i really cherish and respect him too, he listens to me despite his wealth unlike some rich guys i know. all ,he is directing to, is that he wanna give my son the best in life. He always say that my ex wanna use my son to suffer me but he is here to wipe away my tears. i should tell my ex that the stress is over.

Everything that happened to me is God's grace and prayers. he knows that i'm really hard working and GOD fearing though. i Really thank God.

Thank you all, may God answer all your prayers and heart desires in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2012
smartbabe1: thanks so much all, i really appreciate your great contributions. i discussed it with him yesterday, i told him to forget about adoption and that i wouldn't love to give out my son b/c i don't know the kind of treatment they will give to him,if he truly loves me.He said he must speak with my ex face to face. why he is after adoption is b/c he knows how he will feel after some years, one man like that that has been enjoying his life somewhere will just come and take away his joy all in the name of biological father, it sounds so easy to me but he will feel so depressed. By God's grace i know he will calm down b/c i told him unless he doesn't what us to go on with the marriage and i will love my son to be in his biological daddy's compound when he grows up. I know he loves me and will love to respect my wish. i really cherish and respect him too, he listens to me despite his wealth unlike some rich guys i know. all ,he is directing to, is that he wanna give my son the best in life. He always say that my ex wanna use my son to suffer me but he is here to wipe away my tears. i should tell my ex that the stress is over.

Everything that happened to me is God's grace and prayers. he knows that i'm really hard working and GOD fearing though. i Really thank God.

Thank you all, may God answer all your prayers and heart desires in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2012
Modified.
Re: Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2012
I read up to this part and stopped

i decided to date someone but this time around, someone more older blc i believe that it may be my hubby's age that made him to be a mummy's boy and misbehaved, though he is not a baby. He is presently 35 while i am 25yr.

I'm just p1ssed off. You might as well go for a 68 year old dude with tons of maturity.

Nonsense; shaking my head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby / Your Advice! / Late night calls to my husband from his ex!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.