Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Who Do We Give When We Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do We Give When We Tithe? (792 Views)

How Regular Should We Tithe? / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Should We Tithe Before Or After Paying Tax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by tobechi74: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
I hear many pastors preachn. GIVE GOD TEN PERCENT OF UR INCOME....Let me clarify this...GOD doesnt accept ur curency.GOD isnt a buisnes man. Some preachers say AN UNFAITHFUL TITHER ROBS GOD. Its just a strategy to impose tithe to members

When we tithe, we are contributing to the work of evangilisation.in tithe we give d church to asist in spreadin d gudnews. HOPE U ALL AGREE WIT ME
Re: Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by AtheistD(m): 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
tobechi74: I hear many pastors preachn. GIVE GOD TEN PERCENT OF UR INCOME....Let me clarify this...GOD doesnt accept ur curency.GOD isnt a buisnes man. Some preachers say AN UNFAITHFUL TITHER ROBS GOD. Its just a strategy to impose tithe to members

When we tithe, we are contributing to the work of evangilisation.in tithe we give d church to asist in spreadin d gudnews. HOPE U ALL AGREE WIT ME

I do grin

Tithing is fraudulent. Why these days is there so much emphasis on tithing
Re: Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 5:06am On Dec 11, 2012
Every giving is to God. Tithes ,offering , free will donation or alms giving .thats what the bible says. A man may receive it in the physical but in the spirit God received it.

Philippians 4:18
But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

Proverbs 19:17
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord;
and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
Re: Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 11, 2012
Good morning Tobechi,

Your comments are mind buggling and really does help one to pause and think but the question still remains: when one pays tithe, is it received by God or is it received by pastors?

We should understand that God does not need our money. Giving tithe adds nothing to the greatness of God. As a matter of fact, giving tithe is not necessary for salvation. Tithe offerings are part of the "laws" of the old. Apostle Paul made it clear that we as Christians are not subject to the "law". Christ's death has made us free indeed.

Though given of tithe and whatever charity we do. Adds nothing to God's greatness, it actually does a whole lot for us. When we are charitable we store "riches" for ourselves in heaven. In order word, it is beneficial to the individual who is charitable. It is practically impossible to be a good christian without charity.

Though tithe offerings are not necessary, given the fact that we are not subject to the law, it is very important that we be charitable to genuine "men of God". This is encouraged by even Christ himself. When Christ sent out the "72", he ordered them to take "nothing for the journey". Not even a spare tunic. This is because, whatever they would need in their mission will be provided by divine providence. God uses people to achieve this. In other words, the church is meant to take care of their pastors. Taking care of God's chosen does not imply giving tithe. It is left to one's discretion and according to how God's spirit has lead one. It is possible to give all, if that's what is required through the inspiration of the spirit.

Now the question on who receives this offering is answered by Christ. "Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you actually do to me". Pastors are meant to be Christ's lowly servants, and the help we give to them, we indirectly give to Christ. This is also true of our other Charities. Note that Christ does not receive the alms giving physically or spritually but he appreciates every aid to his servants motivated by a genuine love for him.

In a nut-shell, I agree with your perspective on the matter. Tithe is not a must. This should be done freely without compulsion for those who want to, as there are other ways of giving too. The offerings are received by the objects of our charity (including pastors). Offerings given in the church are meant to help propagate God's word.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2012
Tithe again? I thought this issue has been addressed on this forum? If you must pay tithe, give it to the poor and needy instead if giving it to some charlatan to buy a private jet. Open your eyes people!!! God doesn't need your money, give to the poor and needy, that's what the Bible says!

@striktlymi, you made a very good point!
Re: Who Do We Give When We Tithe? by tobechi74: 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thks, glad to know am not alone on dis

(1) (Reply)

Same Sex Marriage Is Evil, Says Adeboye / Exclusive Interview With TB Joshua / Jehovahs Witness(ijawkid, Truthislight,bernimoore) Teach Satan Is Holy & Divine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.