Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Do We Grow Old And Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Grow Old And Die? (1492 Views)

Don't Grow Old / Why Does Evil People Live Long And Grow Old? / Will God Hold The Sin Of My Youth Against Me When I Grow Old? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by jiffylibra: 7:07am On Dec 11, 2012
I still find it difficult knowing the reason why humans grow old and die despite the fact that nobody wants to die.
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by greatgenius: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
You don't really " die" when you disengage from physical focus..Death should be celebrated because great things lie ahead in your path..it is not an end but a beginning , a door opening to new beginnings ...

Having said that..Your body was created perfect and meant to live for forever if you choose to... But it is your limiting beliefs, errors, wrong choices etc that kills you or weakens your body.. In other words your sins kills you.. your soul is here to experience and evolve but when the body grows old due to your errors its simple disengage... But even that's a choice...

The truth is humans are still primitive compared to other civilizations in the universe.. The irony is that humans think they are civilized. Yet it is their so called " civilization" that kills them..
Human evolution and civilization is still in the early stage.. we are like toddler's compared to other civilizations in the universe ... Spiritually humans are way down.. but everything springs forth from the spiritual ..

You can't say you don't wanna grow old and die when you are making wrong choices... You can be 100 yrs old right now and have the body of a 20 yr old if you choose.. what do you choose?
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Good evening,

Hmmm...I am trying to understand your "angle". Can't place a finger on it yet but your beliefs are quite interesting and they really made me put on my thinking cap.

First, your comment:

greatgenius: You don't really " die" when you disengage from physical focus..Death should be celebrated because great things lie ahead in your path..it is not an end but a beginning , a door opening to new beginnings ...

I believe is very true. For a Christian, the death of our physical body is not the end. What matters is our spirit (or rather, our souls). The soul is the part of our being that resembles God. The soul cannot die, even when the body stops, the soul continues to live.

But your comment:

greatgenius:
Having said that..Your body was created perfect and meant to live for forever if you choose to... But it is your limiting beliefs, errors, wrong choices etc that kills you or weakens your body.. In other words your sins kills you.. your soul is here to experience and evolve but when the body grows old due to your errors its simple disengage... But even that's a choice...

provides a unique perspective to the discussion. I must confess that I have not thought of this. Your comment suggests that, it is very possible to cheat death if WE WANT it so. But is this true I really do not think so sir. I agree that the body was not created to see corruption in the grave. I agree that the bodies of Adam and Eve before the "fall" were "glorified" i.e they were not subject to death. But after the "fall" a curse was placed on "man" and hence the "fall" from GRACE. "Man's" body became subject to death. This fall from grace did not die with Adam and Eve. We inherited this curse and hence our ability to die. I would agree with you if u say, someone won't die if the person has a special dispensation from God but suggesting that we can cheat death if we don't sin is something else sir.

Now, if your comment below:

greatgenius:
The truth is humans are still primitive compared to other civilizations in the universe.. The irony is that humans think they are civilized. Yet it is their so called " civilization" that kills them..
Human evolution and civilization is still in the early stage.. we are like toddler's compared to other civilizations in the universe ... Spiritually humans are way down.. but everything springs forth from the spiritual ..

is true, it would suggest the existence of a higher civilisation which could best be described as "aliens". I really do not know what you mean by "other civilisation in the universe" and your comment about the theory of evolution might be a pointer to the fact that you are not a Christian (no offence intended). I am really quite curious to know what religion you practice sir.

greatgenius:
You can't say you don't wanna grow old and die when you are making wrong choices... You can be 100 yrs old right now and have the body of a 20 yr old if you choose.. what do you choose?

Here again your comment suggests that it is in our power to cheat death, only if we do not sin. I don't think this is correct from the Christian point of view.

Thank you!
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by Danyell(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2013
This should make for an interesting discussion. By the power vested in me, I hereby bump this thread.
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by okeyxyz(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2013
@greatgenius is right to a large extent. Death is as a result of a bad choice; aka original sin; aka the laws of Moses; aka human mindset\nature; Now a true christian whose mindset has been renewed in thought, words and action CANNOT die because he CANNOT sin. So for all you christians who still subject yourselves to the laws of Moses, who still believe that you are subject to sin by what you eat, drink, wear or by sex without marriage, Know that the end of your path is death.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29pm On May 23, 2013
Well it not strange if the christians tell you that we grow old and die because of our sin as recorded in the bible.

The plants grow old and die. The animals grow old and die. And there is no reference anywhere in the bible that plants and animals ate the fruit of knowledge. Christianity sha

Well I think it's more like that our body gets used and used and used and eventually starts to break down from use. It's like if you used a car for 30 years, even if you took good care of it one day it would just break down.

Everything grows old and dies, it is all quite relative. There are some flies that only live a couple of weeks, and so forth. Our DNA is the main driver for our longevity and until that can be reprogrammed, our lives end after 7 or 8 decades (and that's only if all goes well). Inherited diseases can shorten life as well. Other very important factors include the environment and life-style choices, such as smoking, reckless driving, etc. Could we eventually manipulate DNA so that we gain immortality? It seems possible.
Addition, our bodies are always regenerating new cells. But as we grow older our cell metabolism rate decrease therefore we are unable to recover the lost fully, thats why many of us started to take health supplements to help replenish the lost nutrients and energy lost during our daily activities. And on the long run, the whole system collapse.

My two cent

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by Danyell(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2013
^^^ Is immortality a scientific reality?
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:23am On May 24, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
^^^ Is immortality a scientific reality?

Do you see anything like immortal in the OP? The discussion is about human growing and dying. Stop asking silly question bro
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by Danyell(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Do you see anything like immortal in the OP? The discussion is about human growing and dying. Stop asking silly question bro
I wasn't referring to the op. In one part of your post you said
could we eventually manipulate DNA so that we gain immortality? It seems possible
that was what prompted my question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by Rossikk(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2013
We grow old and 'die' because human life is a temporary experience of souls.

Human life is like an advanced virtual reality program/game which souls partake of, pretty much like we do as humans when we strap that stuff round our head to observe new 'realities' in a games arcade. When we play VR games, after a while the program ends, and we step out of the game. It is the same thing with human life from the world of Souls' perspective. Because we are in the human VR program, and have been largely mis-educated in it, we mistake the program for real life itself. We think our bodies are us. And that once our bodies die, WE, die too. But our bodies, like the equipment we strap round our heads to play VR, are merely the equipment/vehicle we need to experience human existence.

When we 'die', all we've done is step out of the program at its expiry. In fact it has been stated that as souls, we SET THE TIMER, and even the COURSE/DIRECTION OF THE GAME prior to commencement. We've only 'forgotten' due to the 'deceptive' power of the program. Once we step out of the program, we return to our original, default, natural state as powerful, immortal SOULS in the COSMOS.

This process is as natural as air, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO REQUIREMENT for a person to be religious, or to believe in anything or anyone or in any faith, in order to EXIT the program and return to their default Soul Existence.

Hell is non-existent. A man-made illusion.

What we call Heaven is in fact 'the real world'. Countless billions of Souls reside there. They engage in all forms of activity - leisure, learning, entertainment, science, sport etc. They do not regard themselves as living 'in heaven'. They regard themselves as living in the real world. It is us who regard where they reside as 'heaven' based on its vast superiority to our limited, temporary environment and existence.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by jiffylibra: 4:38am On Jun 14, 2013
greatgenius:

Then, how do i choose?
Re: Why Do We Grow Old And Die? by jiffylibra: 4:49am On Jun 14, 2013
Rossikk:
What we call Heaven is in fact 'the real world'. Countless billions of Souls reside there. They engage in all forms of activity - leisure, learning, entertainment, science, sport etc. They do not regard themselves as living 'in heaven'. They regard themselves as living in the real world. It is us who regard where they reside as 'heaven' based on its vast superiority to our limited, temporary environment and existence.

What qualifies one to get to this real world? or we all go there after death whether we have done good or bad here?

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Join A Strong Brotherhood / When The Insignificant Becomes Significant. / Prayer Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.