Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Mali Prime Minister Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Prime Minister Resigns (4747 Views)

Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Ukarainan Prime Minister Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Ptimes: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2012
The Prime Minister of Mali, Cheik Diarra, has resigned from office.

Mr. Diarra announced his resignation after hours of being detained by soldiers, the BBC reports.

He was scheduled to travel to France for a medical check-up, before his arrest and detention in his house in Bamako, the Malian Capital, on Monday, by soldiers who partook in the military coup of March.

The arrest was reportedly done on the orders of the coup leader, Amadou Sanogo.

“Men and women who are worried about the future of our nation, you are hoping for peace. It’s for this reason that I, Cheikh Modibo Diarra, am resigning along with my entire government, ” the former Prime Minister said while resigning.

Mali has been in crisis since March when soldiers toppled the civilian regime. The soldiers accused the government of not doing enough to check the Islamist rebels in the north of the country. The rebels have since controlled the North of Mali since the soldiers took over.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/110625-mali-prime-minister-resigns.html
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by MacLovington(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
FTC

Such will never happen in our old dear con3.
If he can bribe the soldiers, he would. In fact he would have so greased their palms that such would not happen.

Reason why I still respect Aunty Ngozi despite her Breton Wood ill-advised fuel subsidy removal.

Our people even if fire is tormenting their bottom, they will still sit in the position. No plan, nothing to offer.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by salolo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Boboedom: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
Africa my Africa. What a shame and Nigeria cannot help because her soldiers can't even fight except mount roadblocks. huh
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
wtf. in this age so the Shonekon-Abacha system still dey happen.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
Do coup still takes place? Nawa oooo
The worst civilian govt is better than the best Military govt. (No be me talk am ooo,na book I read am) why I don't know.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by dasparrow: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Post

That's honorable of Cheik Diarra. How many of our Nigerian politicians will willingly resign so that peace will reign in the country? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by ektbear: 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boboedom: Africa my Africa. What a shame and Nigeria cannot help because her soldiers can't even fight except mount roadblocks. huh

Being African is depressing as hell sometimes, man.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
President Good-luck Jonathan ,better start watching your back !
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
ekt_bear:

Being African is depressing as hell sometimes, man.

I understand brother
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by zangiff(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
correct
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by damola1: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
How is this a resignation?...bloodless coup.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by prettyboi1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
damola1: How is this a resignation?...bloodless coup.
Thanks My brother, you seem to be the only person that understood the post up there.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Mustymohd2: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
b/cos of ALOONGER our rule can't resign:p
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Rastamann: 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
No matter whatever happens, I am proudly African and proudly Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
The man had no choice.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by Napolitano(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
No president would like to be in charge in face of a war that he might probably lose.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by otokx(m): 11:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
And in this confusion Nigeria wants to send her soldiers in to do only what God knows.
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by bestman09(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

That's honorable of Cheik Diarra. How many of our Nigerian politicians will willingly resign so that peace will reign in the country? Your guess is as good as mine.
This is purely a military coup, not resignation! Cant you see it?
Re: Mali Prime Minister Resigns by igbo2011(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Lets hope for no NATO intervention.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Beginning To Support Russia In This War And In Most Things / BREAKING!: Texas Gunman Who Shot 26 In Church Is An Online Preacher Of Atheism / Donald Trump Made Thus Little Girl Cry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.