Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations (5746 Views)

Where To Download Yoruba Evergreen Songs / Evergreen Nigerian Songs / Your Top 20 Evergreen Love Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by dont8(m): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
I was at Computer Village last week and one of the Computer engineers repairers was blasting Good Women Choir’s Odun nlosopin from the speaker and I was like WOW! This is a song they did way back in time and is still relevant every year, no year passes-by without people playing it. The question is, if you are required to pick from an evergreen Nigerian songs and an option of a substitute, which will you pick for the below festives/celebrations:

1. NAMING CEREMONY:Ebenezer Obey - My Child

Sub: Ayefele

2. BIRTHDAY PARTY: King Sunny Ade – Congratulation (Happy Birthday)

Sub: 91ce

3. WEDDING CEREMONY: Ebenezer Obey

Sub: Sunny Neji – Oruka

4. CHRISTMAS: Good women faith – Odun losopin

Sub: Gordon - Christmas in Warri

Let's have yours.

PS: You can add a festival in your town and the songs they normally play.

1. Eyo - Wasiu

Sub: Mostly Wasiu

2. Ojude Oba- Wasiu

Sub: Ayuba

Ojude Oba-
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by ayobase(m): 1:10am On Dec 12, 2012
dont8: I was at Computer Village last week and one of the Computer engineers repairers was blasting Good Women Choir’s Odun nlosopin from the speaker and I was like WOW! This is a song they did way back in time and is still relevant every year, no year passes-by without people playing it. The question is, if you are required to pick from an evergreen Nigerian songs and an option of a substitute, which will you pick for the below festives:

1. NAMING CEREMONY:Ebenezer Obey - My Child

Sub: Ayefele

2. BIRTHDAY PARTY: King Sunny Ade – Congratulation (Happy Birthday)

Sub: 91ce

3. WEDDING CEREMONY: Ebenezer Obey

Sub: Sunny Neji – Oruka

4. CHRISTMAS: Good women faith – Odun losopin

Sub: Gordon - Christmas in Warri

Let's have yours.

U just stole mine buddy!

Im gonna spice mine up more with some fujis/jujus, Lagbajas, Beautiful Nubias, sholla Allysons....
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by Mynd44: 4:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Mine will be filled with songs by Fela. I am not that old so a lot of the oldies might not be there but Fela is someone I have come to respect as a musician even though is personality is somehow not fun
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by dont8(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2012
LOL! I'll surely return them. Over the years, no celebration is complete without those songs being played. I like the artistes you mentioned in your post, they're great, but do they have any song(s) dedicated to the topic at hand?
ayobase:

U just stole mine buddy!

Im gonna spice mine up more with some fujis/jujus, Lagbajas, Beautiful Nubias, sholla Allysons....
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by dont8(m): 7:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Fela music for celebration? Aha han bros!
Mynd_44: Mine will be filled with songs by Fela.
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by Mynd44: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2012
dont8: Fela music for celebration? Aha han bros!
Yes
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by dont8(m): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2012
Interesting then, so from which album or track(s) and for which occasion is suitable?
Mynd_44:
Yes
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by Mynd44: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2012
dont8: Interesting then, so from which album or track(s) and for which occasion is suitable?
Imagine sitting around sharing drinks and "water" blazing from the speakers. Or maybe "zombie"
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by dont8(m): 8:40am On Dec 12, 2012
Good, you're a definition of a zombie cheesy
Mynd_44:
Imagine sitting around sharing drinks and "water" blazing from the speakers. Or maybe "zombie"
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by Mynd44: 9:24am On Dec 12, 2012
dont8: Good, you're a definition of a zombie cheesy
**yawns**
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by ayobase(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mynd_44: Mine will be filled with songs by Fela. I am not that old so a lot of the oldies might not be there but Fela is someone I have come to respect as a musician even though is personality is somehow not fun

My man all the time....FELINCO!
His music, but his personality!
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by ayobase(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
dont8: LOL! I'll surely return them. Over the years, no celebration is complete without those songs being played. I like the artistes you mentioned in your post, they're great, but do they have any song(s) dedicated to the topic at hand?

BRB!
Re: Which Nigeria Evergreen Songs Will You Pick For This Festives/Celebrations by ayobase(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
dont8: Good, you're a definition of a zombie cheesy

LWKMD!

(1) (Reply)

Mtv Mama Awards 2009(kel, Mi, 2face, Dbanj, Psquare Nominated) / DOWNLOAD MP3: Chidinma – Love Me / Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.