Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria (11829 Views)

PS4 Launched By Sony / 'Angry Nigerian” - A Version Of Angry Birds To Be Launched Soon / Downloadable Monopoly Game for Playing on my PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2012
Guk:

Obviously, you have never played the game.

A piece of board that has names and pictures on them. A game that has no intellectual or educating or entertaining part to it. What edge does it have over Ludo as they are both dice throwing games. I know every single part of the Monopoly game. Its not going to add any value beyond what the original one does.....ok..it has indigenous names!! I beg, stop trying to keep up with the Joneses and wish something better for Nigeria in the 21st century

You do not know me.
You are entitled to your opinion.It is a business venture and so ONLY the market can judge whether it will add value or not.Let us wait for that judgment!

It is possible to debate without being personal or obnoxious.Trust me you do not want to go there. You contribute anything better you have to contribute to Nigeria it will be welcome.That is how countries grow not by "wishing for better things"
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2012
Guk:

Am sorry, but this is Sad. You do copy and paste & because you have access to former minister; governor and corporate entities, you make unnecessary noise and hype over nothing.
It is sad because i expect the intellect of Nimi to produce something more innovative. I expect Ajumogobia ex Minister of Petroleum resources to back better things. I expect gov fashola to spare his precious time on more serious affairs and i expect the corporate entities that are backing this to use their CSR better.

When are we going to begin to encourage and support the geniuses amongst us who overcome Nepa and all other odd to produce innovative things in nigeria The people behind this monopoly game are already all well/over fed, that copying and pasting a forgotten but existing game should be a shame to their level of intellect undecided
i talk am. Igbos go vex.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by PBundles(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2012
If you land on the Electric Company, will you need to pay a fine, I mean you dont get constant energy, right grin
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Guk:

Obviously, you have never played the game.

A piece of board that has names and pictures on them. A game that has no intellectual or educating or entertaining part to it. What edge does it have over Ludo as they are both dice throwing games. I know every single part of the Monopoly game. Its not going to add any value beyond what the original one does.....ok..it has indigenous names!! I beg, stop trying to keep up with the Joneses and wish something better for Nigeria in the 21st century
u dnt knw anytin abt d game or ur intellectual capability abt business or say acconting is non existent. Monoploy? U talk shitt.
U probably hav no zeal to start from d scratch, create estates, manage ur resources and become successful. I can sense u alwys go bankrupt wen u play dt game. If nt, ur second paragraph shldnt jes be typed!
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Guk: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2012
aribisala0:

You do not know me.
It is possible to debate without being personal or obnoxious.Trust me you do not want to go there. You contribute anything better you have to contribute to Nigeria it will be welcome.That is how countries grow not by "wishing for better things"

No vex my Broda! Na our passion to see Nigeria be where it ought to be na im dey pump adrenalin this morning but honestly, in my own opinion, we have gone beyond this level to be making such much hype over a basic board game. As we speak now, i am printing out on A3 kraft paper the same monopoly game customised to suit me. All i did was to give the SIWES(IT Attachment) guy in my office, a downloaded pix of the original monopoly game; use Corel draw to do similar and repalce with what ever name of areas that come to his mind & thats it Pronto!
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Guk: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2012
KINGwax: u dnt knw anytin abt d game or ur intellectual capability abt business or say acconting is non existent. Monoploy? U talk shitt.
U probably hav no zeal to start from d scratch, create estates, manage ur resources and become successful. I can sense u alwys go bankrupt wen u play dt game. If nt, ur second paragraph shldnt jes be typed!

@KINGwax, i had a good laugh at your comment. A game that i played in my teenage years, probably more times than your age? What do you know?? You are even probaly one of my tenants. I might have to do a cross check cheesy
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2012
Guk:

No vex my Broda! Na our passion to see Nigeria be where it ought to be na im dey pump adrenalin this morning but honestly, in my own opinion, we have gone beyond this level to be making such much hype over a basic board game. As we speak now, i am printing out on A3 kraft paper the same monopoly game customised to suit me. All i did was to give the SIWES(IT Attachment) guy in my office, a downloaded pix of the original monopoly game; use Corel draw to do similar and repalce with what ever name of areas that come to his mind & thats it Pronto!
That is good for you to have your own personalized version.Somebody decided to make money out of it so let us wish them well. Quite often people make money doing something so simple and everyone says "I could have done that" Well they did not.
No one is saying that this will transform Nigeria but if it brings in some money and a few jobs that is a positive thing. Bottom line it is attitude not aptitude that makes the difference and a positive attitude triumphs always.There are so many "old and forgotten" African things that have been monetized elsewhere Fair play to them too
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by badesco(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2012
Will this provide jobs for the unemployed or masses?
naptu2: Governor Fashola at the launch of the Lagos version Monopoly board (City Hall, Lagos).
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
badesco: Will this provide jobs for the unemployed or masses?

Good question. I can't really judge if it's a good development without being able to answer these questions.

1) Will the boards be made in Lagos (employment, taxes, etc)?

2) Will the boards be sold outside Nigeria (goodwill, image, etc)?

3) What other plans do they have (eg, exporting Ayo, etc)?
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Can anyone confirm how much it will cost?
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by jaja77: 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
armadeo: I hope they took permission from the patent owners of monopoly cause naija doesn't follow rules and regulation.

Are you that dumb!!!! Why not read the article first before making such a silly comment!!
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by shevon: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
firestar: Intriguing. cheesy
I hope this idea goes to the likes of Playstation: NFS.
Where can I get one? cool

Buy online from www.jumia.com and they will deliver to your house (if you stay in Lagos or Abuja)
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Paentera(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sky-walker:
Can anyone confirm how much it will cost?

It costs £30 off Amazon UK, however ideally with other handling and freight costs, should add up to about N10,000 to N11,000.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monopoly-020381-Lagos-Board-Game/dp/B00AEOANYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355312948&sr=8-1
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by escobar07(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
I don't think it's the first in Africa. I think there is a Cairo version.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by redsquare(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
KINGwax: U go jes dey make our supposedly superior brothers dey vex say,'shey na only lagos?'
Bt d truth is, d eatern version too will b great. Instead of 'go to jail' t
E go be, 'u av jst been kidnapped'. And the 'get out of jail card' go be, 'the kidnappers demanded for N1million naira ransome'.
Within d risks' card, u go soo smtin like,'ur grandfada has been kidnapped, pay Bleep to free him'.
Under opportunities, u won't take long to pick a card dt may read thus,'u've jes been elected d gov of ur state. Wot wikk u like to do?
1. Divert public fund and flee'
2. Buy private jet
Seriously, e go dey interesting, but, e go teach wrong lessons. Shey u knw?

And you think you sound funny?
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by nep2ra(m): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
Dignitaries that graced the launch were the Minster for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Gbenga Ashiru; the Head of Marketing and Communication, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Mrs. Remi Odulani and Bayelsa State former governorship candidate, Mr. Murray Bruce.
Other dignitaries are: Managing Director, Winning Moves, Thomas Hiddel; Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Doyle and Development Director, Winning Moves, Peter Griffin, amongst others.

I never knew Peter Griffin from Family Guy actually exists in real Life and holds a regular job as a development director.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Paentera:

It costs £30 off Amazon UK, however ideally with other handling and freight costs, should add up to about N10,000 to N11,000.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monopoly-020381-Lagos-Board-Game/dp/B00AEOANYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355312948&sr=8-1

Thats cool. Did not know it was on Amazon. I'll get it from there then. Thanks
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Sammy107d(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
You can buy this it on Jumia and have it delivered anywhere in the country in 1-3 days. It's 5,500 there

http://www./Monopoly:-City-of-Lagos-Edition-37562.html
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by PeterKbaba: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
ITS CALLED BRANDING, YOU THINK IF NIGERIA CONTINUES TO LAG BEHIND, EVERY OTHER STATE SHOULD. ITS BETTER FOR EVERYONE TO STRUGGLE ON THEIR OWN. THE CORRUPTION AT THE CENTER IS TOO MUCH. WHY DO YOU THINK LAGOS HAS BEEN INVESTING HEAVILY IN EVENTS AND STUFFS LIKE THIS.

Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by henryboff(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
Anybody know wetin them put for water works and electricity company? Maybe the go put "Mushin Borehole drillers" and "Yomoha I pass my neighbour" I laff in yoruba
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by kooto(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Guk:

Am sorry, but this is Sad. You do copy and paste & because you have access to former minister; governor and corporate entities, you make unnecessary noise and hype over nothing.
It is sad because i expect the intellect of Nimi to produce something more innovative. I expect Ajumogobia ex Minister of Petroleum resources to back better things. I expect gov fashola to spare his precious time on more serious affairs and i expect the corporate entities that are backing this to use their CSR better.

When are we going to begin to encourage and support the geniuses amongst us who overcome Nepa and all other odd to produce innovative things in nigeria The people behind this monopoly game are already all well/over fed, that copying and pasting a forgotten but existing game should be a shame to their level of intellect undecided
I wonder how you think, I seriously wonder,all this people you mention must be fools to you; that's why you are sorry and sad. I think you are a genius.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
jaja77:

Are you that dumb!!!! Why not read the article first before making such a silly comment!!

You are dumb and silly. If u have something to say spit it out no need for insults. Poor home training. Where in the entire article was parker brothers/ hasbro named or a statement saying that they obtained patent rights,this is nigeria and anything goes @ any level
afterall our president brought facebook to nigeria.Dunce.

1 Like

Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by paranorman(m): 12:37am On Dec 13, 2012
Awesome,incredibly awesum!
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Guk: 1:03am On Dec 13, 2012
kooto:
I wonder how you think, I seriously wonder,all this people you mention must be fools to you; that's why you are sorry and sad. I think you are a genius.

Not to worry, we shall be back here a year down the line to critically and objectively reflect on my statement. But in the meantime, can you concisely tell me where all this hype is leading to??

The Monopoly game is at least 80 years old and all of a sudden, we hype it like we just struck gold!!! The banks are sponsoring its launch;the governor is commisioning it because it is a lagos version, thousands of it will be donated to schools and then what?? Nowhere to be found in those schools after one year.

This one is just for a bunch of people whose minds drift back to their happy, carefree childhood years and said to themselves,why not create those times all over again? Read the reason why 1st bank is involved and you would find no substance in their reason http://www.thewillnigeria.com/general/17529.html
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:17am On Dec 13, 2012
Actually, officials from Hasbro were at the launch. One of them was interviewed on tv and he explained how the CEO of Bestman Games convinced them to approve the Lagos Edition.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/11/no-boardwalk-monopoly-board-game-now-inspired-by-nigeria-chaotic-big-city/
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 13, 2012
okpara ugo: Are you coming home for Christmas

No, not this year.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 13, 2012
Brand_new: Something sounds very Odd about the game.

Don't like how some of the cards a labelled.

For instance, why should kirikiri be mentioned while the real Edition never mentioned any maximum security prison.
I think they should correct that and other things.

Permit me to mention that the inventor of Monopoly actually made it during a depression in the Uk and most of the items on what I call the prototype monopoly game were from his wife's clothing and botton pieces.
It took a great deal of creativity and ingenuity to make such a game a huge success it is today.

If touches such as kirikiri prison were not added, then it wouldn't be Eko version now would it? Lol.

A lot of the newer versions are variants of the original. Have you seen the version of Monopoly involving credit cards? It's fun, but it's nothing like the original. I expect Monopoly Eko to be the same. Fun and Eko-fied, but not as fine as the original.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Doctorflaky(f): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2012
pls where can i get 1
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2012
naptu2: Actually, officials from Hasbro were at the launch. One of them was interviewed on tv and he explained how the CEO of Bestman Games convinced them to approve the Lagos Edition.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/11/no-boardwalk-monopoly-board-game-now-inspired-by-nigeria-chaotic-big-city/

Thank you. The initial article didn't say this that's Y I made my initial comment b4 some slowpoke talked trash.

1 Like

Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by jesangbedo: 12:42am On Dec 14, 2012
does anyone where this game can be bought other than getting it online at amazon or jumia? i believe since its a lagos version, it ought to be sold in shops all over nigeria.
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by cfours: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Monopoly Lagos Version Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Who gon buy Makoko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Miss Out This [get Pc Games And Mods] / Treasure Of Nadia Mod Apk (unlimited Money, Everything Unlocked) V9.4 / Come Here For Your Pc Games!!! New 2015 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.