Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated (1061 Views)

12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... / List Of Farm Business Ideas I Feel You Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by logo77: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2012
Monday 3rd of December is one of the days in my life I will never forget.

I want to share my experience; so that others can learn and not fall victim of some unscrupulous bank cashiers.

The gist is that:

I usually prefer online transfer from my bank account to the beneficiary accounts but the bank "diamond bank" changed the requirement for cash transfer to other banks without informing customers...at least I wasn't informed.

So I had to make cash withdrawal at Diamond Bank_shell Location Road Branch Oyigbo, Rivers State.

I did not bother counting to confirm the cash; I assumed that the guy paid me the correct amount I requested for.

I always assume.
In fact, I can’t remember the last time I counted cash paid-out to me over the counter.

I was however shocked when I got to the nearest UBA branch to deposit the money and the receiving cashier counted and discovered that the cash was 10,000 naira short.

I later confirmed that I have been short-paid.

10,000 naira is no small money.

(I have had such experiences but usually the amount ranges between 500 naira and 2,000 naira)

I went back to the diamond bank branch to complain........ the rest is history !

I had a feeling that the cashier guy has something to do with my 10,000 naira.

I FELT SO SAD, SO STUPID AND CHEATED.
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by ihedioramma: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2012
AM SORRY ABOUT THAT. BOUT TELK HORRY OUT OF YOU . WE NIGERIANS WE TWO DAY HORRY WERE ARE WE GOING TO ?
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by nas4q(m): 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
You have no case. It was assumed that d money paid to you was complete before u left d counter. Going back to d bank again confirmed u were indeed silly. At least now you have learnt d hard way and thats d best way to learn
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by stagger: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Confirm all your cash before you leave the counter. Common sense which unfortunately, does not seem to be so common.
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by otilowaju(f): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
nas4q: You have no case. It was assumed that d money paid to you was complete before u left d counter. Going back to d bank again confirmed u were indeed silly. At least now you have learnt d hard way and thats d best way to learn

No, I disagree! OP might be silly for not counting the money immediately but NOT for going back. Don't think it was possible the cashier discovered the error and offered to return cash to the owner in the case where it happened in error. There is no harm in checking back, not all of them are thieves.
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by somadila: 1:33am On Dec 13, 2012
It’s a pity man, Christmas is very much around so bobo’s need to go shopping and unfortunately u fell victim.
To be frank, internet banking remains the solution for all banking transaction. If ur bank (diamond) changed the requirement for cash transfer to other banks and sadly u can’t meet up to the requirement, kindly move up to another bank where u can get what you need without stress.
This is so because walking into a bank to carry out any transaction is even more riskier when u can do all this at the comfort of ur office, home, toilet, etc. which saves ur time of standing on the queue, the risk of theft, the risk of being a casualty of a bank robbery, etc.
I think people can also learn from this incident ; A massive robbery of five (5)banks took place @ okigwe in imo state on the 21st day of April, 2010 which costs the lives of some customers, one bank staff, and left many seriously wounded and dispossessed of their money and belongings. One customer lost over a million naira as a result of staying back to confirm his cash, this is a customer that has finished his withdrawal transaction and was supposed to leave immediately but rather wanted to make sure his money is over complete before leaving, Behold he was still confirming his cash before this hoodlums invaded the banking hall and also carted away with his money.
In conclusion, internet banking has it’s advantages and disadvantages but it’s advantages remains higher, personally I can’t remember the last time I visited any Nigerian bank for a transaction cos my internet banking facility is always doing it for me even on weekends
Re: I Feel Very Sad,stupid And Cheated by logo77: 9:16am On Dec 13, 2012
@somadila:
I agree with you. Internet banking is the best when it comes to banking transactions.
In fact I have enjoyed the conveniences of internet banking until last month (Nov.) when I started experiencing some difficulties with the diamond internet banking platform.
Although I grieve over my 10,000 naira loss, my loss it is nothing compared with the experiences you shared above.
Thanks.

@otilowaju:
Thanks.
You I right, I did not regret going back to the bank. My only regret is that I did not confirm the cash paid-out to me at the counter. At least the CRM intervened and tried to see if there was an error.

@Stagger: "Common sense which unfortunately, does not seem to be so common".
Na so O!
Like I said, I hardly count to confirm my cash at the counter. Now I know better!
I just don't want others like me to fall victim.

@nas4q: I did not claim I have a case......not with all the boldly written disclaimer warning customers to count and confirm their cash before leaving the counter.
I knew I had no case. But my going back to the bank revealed to me that the guy who paid me had something to do with my 10,000 naira (from his disposition). And I bet you, he will not go unpunished..... Trust me.
Besides, I have already said I felt very silly; you need not remind me and like you said I have learnt my lessons....in a very hard way.

@ihedioramma:
No bi my fault. I needed to hurry with this particular transaction and return to back work.
Like @somadila rightly said, internet banking option is our best bet but this bank networks “dey mess-up” atimes.
For instance I transferred money into a colleague‘s account and the guy kept calling to say the credit has not reflected in his account after 72 hours. It made me feel as if I was lying to the guy.

(1) (Reply)

Yelgold.net+scam! / Great Business Opportunity For You, Be Our Agent In Your Country. / Discover Legitimate Way Of Making Up To 100k Monthly Wt Peace Of Mind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.