Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England (12935 Views)

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England by A40(m): 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
pro01:

That is why I believe Arsene Wenger is arguably the best manager in club football. I would LOVE to see him manage Chelsea, but I realise that is very unlikely. In my book, he is better than Mourinho. The guy is a phenomenon with what he has CONSISTENTLY achieved over the last decade, even with meagre resources and mediocre players.
You guys need to chill with the Wenger worship. How can a European nobody like Wenger be the best manager in club football?

pro01:
The last time he had real stars to work with, he finished unbeaten in the league and got to the UCL final the next season. I imagine he would perform wonders with teams like Chelsea or Man City. No other manager in Europe can consistently finish in top four in so many consecutive seasons with the little boys and second rate men he is forced to work with. I dare say Guardiola may even be battling relegation with some of the players Wenger manages to make top four with every season.
He had real stars from 1998-2006 and only made the UCL Final once only crossed the quarters once!
What a record! Wenger would never go to a team like Chelsea or Man City he knows '4th place is a trophy' won't be tolerated at those clubs. Now that's someone that needs to leave his comfort zone

pro01:
Wenger to buy expensive star players with his personal money and prevent the departure/sale of home-grown stars by his own personal efforts.
Let him go to clubs where he would be given resources let's see what he would do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football Supporters On Nairaland And Their Attitude. / France Vs Republic Of Ireland: Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 26th June 2016 / Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.