Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues (3862 Views)

Inverter And Solar Engineer In Nigeria / Basic Things You Need To Know About Inverter And Battery / Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 1:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Hi Guys,
Do you have problems with your inverter system or someone you know does, I will be willing to offer my professional advice and recommendations.

I'm aware a lot of people use inverters without getting the best out of their system.

You can fix it your self or at least get a nearby technician to fix your problem in most case,as am also aware a lot of people as misconception about designing and sizing inverter systems and battery backup.

I have a ten years experience in this field and still learning, i will be willing to help in every little way i can and also try not to mis-inform you.

feel free to leave your comment[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[/font][color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by ben4ever(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2012
thanks for your generousity!
Please i am having issues on a reliable and cost effective inverter type as well as battery to acquire and the price! Thanks
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hello ben4ever,
You will need to provide me with your planned loads (Appliances) on the inverter and how long you will want it to run after power cut.
Regards
ben4ever: thanks for your generousity!
Please i am having issues on a reliable and cost effective inverter type as well as battery to acquire and the price! Thanks
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Zemhen1: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
ben4ever: thanks for your generousity!

Wow......that's nice ....can you gave rating to the different makes of inverter and deep cycle battery sold in Nigeria .....especially those that are ideal for our weather here in Nigeria
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
Hi, Sorry for responding late.
My best product is Victron energy inverters they have capacity from 1kva to 10kva. but you can cascade to as much as 100kva,

Next to that will be Tripplite inverter from USA they have from 1.5kva to 6.5kva,

followed by Innovaa inverter from india, but i only use 800va and 1.5kva

Presently we use more of AGM Deep Cycle Battery

Zemhen 1:

Wow......that's nice ....can you gave rating to the different makes of inverter and deep cycle battery sold in Nigeria .....especially those that are ideal for our weather here in Nigeria
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Gadgetmobil(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2012
Pls can we get an email or contact no or sumfin?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 12:27am On Dec 21, 2012
hi,Send mail to realpower32@gmail.com
Gadgetmobil: Pls can we get an email or contact no or sumfin?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by hunter121: 4:27am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by ben4ever(m): 6:14am On Dec 23, 2012
realpower32: Hi, Sorry for responding late.
My best product is Victron energy inverters they have capacity from 1kva to 10kva. but you can cascade to as much as 100kva,

Next to that will be Tripplite inverter from USA they have from 1.5kva to 6.5kva,

followed by Innovaa inverter from india, but i only use 800va and 1.5kva

Presently we use more of AGM Deep Cycle Battery

how much do they cost?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
The cost of each system is subject to your load demand and the expected backup time
ben4ever:
how much do they cost?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by brightk(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2013
what is the maximum load a residential building can use.. i was contemplating dat at least 10kva no matter what d r load.....cos even buildings dat take up their own transformer all use d 10kva type. i havent seen above dat

secondly wat determines the numbe of battery to use on an inverter. some piple used to talk about a rack containing 16-20 batteries.. tank u
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
it's subject to the individual taste and class. but an average of 3kva to 5kva for homes. less A/C,water heater,washing machine,pressing iron,dish washer e.t.c if we include the items i listed it will be between 15kva and 20kva.

second question:Answer
the primary input of the inverter i.e the battery voltage of the inverter. the primary voltage and also the proposed load. e.g i have a load of 300watts and i want it to work for 6hours.
the battery size will be determine by multiplying the load (300watts) by proposed hourly usage(6hours) = 1800whr is needed
let assume we want to use a single battery, assume a 12v/200Ah battery as a storage capacity of 2000whr. so let use a 500watts/12v/20Amps, that will be a one battery system or 500watts/24v. the whole dimension will change; the battery to be used will be 100Ah (subject to budget and inverter charging capacity) so let assume our inverter as a 10Amp inbuilt charger. but note inverter charger can also determine the size of battery.

i always use 10% of battery capacity for my battery charger to battery design. so what determine the numbers of battery is subject to the watts-hour needed from the battery per day.that will determine the number of battery to be connected in strings and parallel. i hope am explanatory enough to you.

Thanks
brightk: what is the maximum load a residential building can use.. i was contemplating dat at least 10kva no matter what d r load..(subjected to ba
secondly wat determines the numbe of battery to use on an inverter. some piple used to talk about a rack containing 16-20 batteries.. tank u
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Zohra: 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hello and thank you for your generousity

i've tried to use 2 Victrons 10 KVa each one in a parallel connexion using factory setting but unfortunately without any success
have you any experience on that ? would it be possible to help me ?

thanks
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2013
Hi Zohra,
I can be of help,please do you have the Victron Energy software (VE-Config) and doggle (mk2). without this two,it will be difficult for you to configure the units effectively.

Using Dip switch may not give desired performance.

Let me know what you have tried doing and what the present status is?

Regards

Zohra: Hello and thank you for your generousity

i've tried to use 2 Victrons 10 KVa each one in a parallel connexion using factory setting but unfortunately without any success
have you any experience on that ? would it be possible to help me ?

thanks
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by saleskara: 8:59pm On May 26, 2013
Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar panels

http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/
our contact is http://www.kara.com.ng/contact-us/
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by readone1(m): 7:53am On May 28, 2013
pls help is it true that charging inverter setup with generator would not have adverse effect on the battery life
2. how long can it take a 1.5kva 12v 100amphour battery to charge with d inverter circuit on a generator
3.what type of gen can charge d setup can d small tiger battery charge it
4. cost of 1.5kva 12v or 1kva inverter with 100amphour battery rugged and less expensive nd good quality
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
hi, my sis uses an inverter that tends to burn coils in inductive loads. all her fans, and electric blender are all burnt. i did some research and it was suggested that maybe her inverter is not a pure sine wave inverter, my question is how can one tell a pure wave sine inverter from a modified wave or square wave inverter?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2013
following... undecided
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
By the humming sound from the standing fan; you can tell. without having to use a measuring device. alternatively there will be some some glitches on the screen. or tiny line running horizontally on her T.V
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
realpower32: By the humming sound from the standing fan; you can tell. without having to use a measuring device. alternatively there will be some some glitches on the screen. or tiny line running horizontally on her T.V
ok, but what can be done if she wishes to keep using it, its a mercury brand.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
She should avoid using anything that makes use of coils. It's suitable for lighting and electronics. less fridge,freezer,fans,Ac.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by baaliyah(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2013
Good work bro, I have been using safepower inverter since 2010, 800va, with European spec battery 170ha. What minimum capacity of solar panel do I need to charge the battery effectively. Thanks.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by sirrinky: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2013
Pls guys I don't mean to derail the thread but I was wondering if anyone here could help me on H̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇w̶̲̥̅̊ to get training on solar panel and inverter construction.Maybe online materials videos or someone to learn from.@least before ASUU gets back plss.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2013
You will need at least two units of 180wattsp/ 12v panel.
ba_aliyah: Good work bro, I have been using safepower inverter since 2010, 800va, with European spec battery 170ha. What minimum capacity of solar panel do I need to charge the battery effectively. Thanks.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2013
You can learn a lot on solar panel, via you tube videos. but inverter production.you may have to get your electronics in-tune(know your basic components) and also go on the web to try out some free circuits. Nice one trying to get your hands dirty during Strike like this. wish you all the best.
sir rinky: Pls guys I don't mean to derail the thread but I was wondering if anyone here could help me on H̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇w̶̲̥̅̊ to get training on solar panel and inverter construction.Maybe online materials videos or someone to learn from.@least before ASUU gets back plss.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by jfking2005(m): 8:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Please what is the solution to this humming sound and lines on tv when inverter is workin?
My fan gives serious humm sound and after 2 days it refuse to roll(I mean fan) does the inverter burns coil or weaken coil?
I need to know if I should stop using the inverter before damage my 55 inch Led
Pls help
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by baaliyah(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks bro.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Hello, You must be using a modified sine wave or quasi wave form inverter.
Note: if the lines are very thick on the T.V and humming sound very pronounced, you are most likely using a quasi sine inverter.
however, if the lines on T.V are very tiny and noise is not so audible, then is modified sine wave.

As regards if you should stop using it,i would say "yes". if you can afford to get a pure sine wave inverter, go ahead. however, your fans will continue to go bad especially if they are standing fans. Ceiling fans can still tolerate it. And reason being because of their design. Most T.V will work on modified or quasi inverter, but i cant confirm for LED T.V.

Regards.
jfking2005: Please what is the solution to this humming sound and lines on T.V when inverter is workin?
My fan gives serious humm sound and after 2 days it refuse to roll(I mean fan) does the inverter burns coil or weaken coil?
I need to know if I should stop using the inverter before damage my 55 inch Led
Pls help
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by idsolar(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
i just saw this thread. this victron inverter are they psw? how rugged is it? where can we get it in nija? how much? especially d 10kva. can it be combine wt solar? i learnt it is frm denmark?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by realpower32(m): 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
It's Available and can be purchased through us. it's rugged but i do not recommend it around lekki environment. it's solar compact-able. the price can be mailed to you once you send us your proper email address. thanks
idsolar: i just saw this thread. this victron inverter are they psw? how rugged is it? where can we get it in nija? how much? especially d 10kva. can it be combine wt solar? i learnt it is frm denmark?
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by idsolar(m): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
idsolarpower@gmail.com
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by idsolar(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
thanks for ur response. u noted exceptn lekki, reason? idsolarpower@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Onspeed Username And Password (internet Accelerator) / 5 Most Dangerous Hackers Ever / Big Snake Attacks Woman In Her Shop, See What The Spiritual Woman Did.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.