Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Yakubu - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Yakubu (1515 Views)

John Yakubu Nd Farouk Lawan / Yakubu Aiyegbeni 29yrs Old My Foot! / Kaita And Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu by swtchicgurl: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2012
YAKUBU (Ya-ku-bu)
Ya*ku*bu, Ya*ku*bu*ed, Ya*ku*bus

1. To utterly squander once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, especially one that will cause pain to/mourning among millions of people

2. To mistake a platter of gold for a potty, and to go ahead and defecate all over it, while millions watch in distress, dread and disbelief

3. To be presented with an open door of success and to woefully fail to step in

4. To lack the zest, fervor, and drive to complete the easiest of tasks

5. To fail awfully at a very easy and uncomplicated task

(Etymology: Derived from Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s horribly missed opportunities during Nigeria’s lackluster performance against South Korea at the 2010 Soccer World Cup)

Usage:

"Mrs. Marriage Counselor, I am terribly pained! It was our wedding night! I was ready. . .But. . . But. . .He didn’t know what to do! I tried to help, but he Yakubu’ed!”

"All she needed to do was show up and the get the job that was waiting for her – Guess what? She Yakubu’ed the opportunity.”

Prayer: "Father, may I not Yakubu any door You open in my life in Jesus name!"

Example of the pain/mourning referenced in #1 above: “Yakubu! My unborn child won't forgive him” (Source: Acidosis)

Synonyms:

1. Waste foolishly
2. Fritter away
3. Dissipate casually
4. Lose effortlessly
5. Waste pipe (Source: chi-baby's papa!)

OTHER MEANINGS AND DERIVATIVES

[b]YAKUBUOLOGY (Ya-ku-bu-o-lo-gy)
n. Ya*ku*bu*o*lo*gy

A situation where family demons travel long distance (no visa required) with a person, wait for that individual’s moment of glory, and strike that person with a persistent lack of common sense.
Usage: “That man Yakubus from time to time. That’s why nothing works for him!”

YAKUBU (Ya-ku-bu)
n. Ya*ku*bu, Ya*ku*bu*ed, Ya*ku*bus

Sociology: A situation where the ghastly performance of ONE individual triggers large-scale cases of hypertension, screaming, collapsing, sighing, and sometimes, extended periods of loss of appetite among OTHER people in the society. Please note: The perpetrator remains perfectly healthy.

YAKUBU (Ya-ku-bu)
n. Ya*ku*bu, Ya*ku*bu*ed, Ya*ku*bus

When an individual or organization capitulates or fails to perform the least of its expected duties
Usage: "I'm pissed the bank is Yakubued; how am I supposed to get some money now?!"
(Source: OgidiBoy)

OTHER USES

"Afolabi is a Yakubu waiting to happen! Etuhu, Shittu, Ayila? All of them are Yakubus waiting to happen. Tragic!"

cheesy
Re: Yakubu by Tsmooth1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
Poster u de craze for being jobless. Oloshi u let me read all that rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu by realsammie(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
:Dnice one babe angry
pls as an ARSENAL fan, i have GERVINHO and RAMSEY to add to ur list. grin cheesy angry
Re: Yakubu by mumumugu(m): 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
Is it cos he is a blak man, tores has done worse since entering chelsea
Re: Yakubu by Xymc1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
END TIMES
Re: Yakubu by Valiantvaliant(m): 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
@OP
Just because one ¡diot bearing the name messed up doesn't mean you should condemn the name. There are other people bearing the name for God's sake. So since you are obviosly jobless, go and get a life. Your mates are married with children and here you are wasting away. Old cargo. B¡tch. Brainless Maggot. Mutula. In short your brain size is negligible. ¡diot
Re: Yakubu by realsammie(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2012
Valiantvaliant: @OP
Just because one ¡diot bearing the name messed up doesn't mean you should condemn the name. There are other people bearing the name for God's sake. So since you are obviosly jobless, go and get a life. Your mates are married with children and here you are wasting away. Old cargo. B¡tch. Brainless Maggot. Mutula. In short your brain size is negligible. ¡diot

wetin now una get
beaf b4. this is tooooo much
Re: Yakubu by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
realsammie:

wetin now una get
beaf b4. this is tooooo much
well 'Yakubu' is my surname, i couldn't just watch and pass. I felt insulted so i had to take it personal.
Re: Yakubu by swtchicgurl: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2012
Valiantvaliant:
well 'Yakubu' is my surname, i couldn't just watch and pass. I felt insulted so i had to take it personal.

grin grin grin grin

it was on a lighter note na! hahahaha yakubu
Re: Yakubu by realsammie(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2012
swtchicgurl:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin
I swear u no well! person say him no want, u still dey call am yakubu
grin
Re: Yakubu by bright007(f): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2012
where is d joke?
Re: Yakubu by Wendyslim(f): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
T-smooth:
Poster u de craze for being jobless. Oloshi u let me read all that rubbish!
. U try self, I no fit even read am undecided undecided
Re: Yakubu by JojoArmani(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
pls did dose posters above me actually read all dat.

Can some1 pls summerise it for me. Or else I will bookmark it to read on sunday if de church is boring.
Re: Yakubu by Onyeasi(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
swtchicgurl:

grin grin grin grin

Hi winch swtchgurl... Long time.. Yyour eye
Re: Yakubu by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2012
U try small

(1) (Reply)

Love Letters Prt 1 / Here Is A Reason Why I Avoid Hand Shake. / Don't Open This,....just Don't,i Mean,don't.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.