Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894043 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
What's happening to the banking stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ceeteed(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Just got a hint from a friend that another round of Naira Devaluation may be around the corner, and that the remaining FPI investors do not want to be caught napping hence this present NSE bearish closings.

All the same wants to share with us to aid planning for optimal planting returns.

This may or may not be true, as I am not in any position to validate the assertion.

Thanks all my ogas and aunties in the house for the wonderful work going on here daily.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
ceeteed:

Just got a hint from a friend that another round of Naira Devaluation may be around the corner, and that the remaining FPI investors do not want to be caught napping hence this present NSE bearish closings.

All the same wants to share with us to aid planning for optimal planting returns.

This may or may not be true, as I am not in any position to validate the assertion.

Thanks all my ogas and aunties in the house for the wonderful work going on here daily.

check the history of the President, PMB, on Naira Devaluation then one can attest the rumor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
I watched part of the ministerial screening. That kemi is not so grounded as I tot.

Also the nay the ministers echoed for lai mohamed was funny.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seunlaww(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Newbie in the house.... Please I need a mentor, help a brother out of d rat race..... Dt race sucks alot, tired of working for money, now I want my money to work 4me non stop.... Gurus in d house, I hail ooo, ur boi dey loyal oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
mercylicious:
I watched part of the ministerial screening. That kemi is not so grounded as I tot.

What did you use as yardsticks to gauge her outputs?
ummm...unless you watched Kemi's presentation from planet Mars then you can reach that conclusion.
Aside Amina Mohamed, Fash, kachukwu, Fayemi and Onu, she put up a better showing than other nominees.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
manie:
Can you give us the performance of this stock in the last 25 years.,

Was bought with the likes of Grommac for me by my old boy in the 80s. Had categorised them as lost investments. Though chopped some divs in 90s
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fatality.

Bloody Wednesday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
mercylicious:

Re-watch the YouTube version of the screening of Kemi Adeosun and u will definitely see the talent in her for Nigeria to utilize.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Aks:

After today's blood bath, can u still HOLD on to this assertion above?

Yes I can. I have been waiting for this opportunity so I can accumulate more of the stocks I bought during the last blood bath in August.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 1:48am On Oct 15, 2015
Please do not use your school fees or money for house rent to speculate in shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cyriacusifeco: 2:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Hello BNSITL, There is this mental model I learnt from Safal Niveshak... It is called CONTRAST-MISREACTION TENDENCY. It states that Small incremental changes tend to go unnoticed…If you put a frog in hot boiling water, he will instantly leap out of the pan and be never seen again. But, if you put a frog in a pan with room temperature water and slowly turn up the heat, he wouldn’t be able to tell the tiny incremental changes. He will boil and die.

Businesses die just like the boiling frog. Cognition, misled by tiny changes involving low contrast, will often miss a trend that is destiny.When a man’s steps are consecutively taken toward disaster with each step being very small, the brain’s Contrast-Misreaction Tendency will often let the man go too far toward disaster to be able to avoid it. This happens because each step presents so small a contrast from his present position.
Sometimes it is the small, gradual, invisible changes that harm us the most. Example, we get blind gradually without noticing it.

As we have seen contrast is a two sided sword, and its ill effects show up in investing also.
You see, contrasts may blind us to change until it’s too late. For example, we often don’t notice the bad behaviour of others (like we ignore “small” accounting manipulations at companies)
if it goes sour gradually over time. Often we see reality as constant, although it gradually changes.

Similarly, we fail to notice how our money disappears. It constantly loses its value, but we do not notice because inflation happens over time. If it were imposed on us in the form of a brutal tax (and basically that’s what it is), we would be outraged.
Another area where CMT can harm is our fixation on the stock price. When you are analysing a business, it becomes extremely hard to overcome the temptation to ignore the past stock price trends. If a stock has risen recently, our subconscious screams that the stock has become expensive. A recent fall in price
triggers the CMT which convinces us that the stock has become cheaper.
Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken. And so my little advice.

When you improve a little each day, eventually big things occur … Don’t look for big, quick improvement. Seek the small improvement one day at a time. That’s the only way it happens and when it happens, it lasts. And at the same time don’t forget to make use of it for creating good habits.

Finally, don't forget to take a closer look at your portfolio and notice how fundamentals of some of your businesses might be deteriorating. Don't boil with your businesses.
Take care and keep learning.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:08am On Oct 15, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:11am On Oct 15, 2015
Youngzedd:
Fatality.

Bloody Wednesday.
that is what you call it but others call it open doors .myjoy08 i see you oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 5:41am On Oct 15, 2015
ihedioramma:
that is what you call it but others call it open doors .myjoy08 i see you oo

We can only make money when bulls and bears fight.

If it's bull winning every day, we aren't gonna make enough money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Youngzedd:

We can only make money when bulls and bears fight.

If it's bull winning every day, we aren't gonna make enough money.
with out the bear how many units of oando e.t.c can you buy at #300+?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2015
ihedioramma:
with out the bear how many units of oando e.t.c can you buy at #300+?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2015
FOOD 4 THOUGHT smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2015
manie:
Please do not use your school fees or money for house rent to speculate in shares.
Well said... Every kobo I put in NSE r disponsable income I can do without in yrs.

My strategy is consistency in Investing... Something every month or twice and the left over to spend.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2015
jauntty:
Well said... Every kobo I put in NSE r disponsable income I can do without in yrs.

My strategy is consistency in Investing... Something every month or twice and the left over to spend.
Mine is every week, the only difference is the asset class I invest in. More than 80% of my dividends are also reinvested.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:21am On Oct 15, 2015
Is UAC Property PLC on technical suspension, I have being trying to increase my holdings in this company since last week all to no avail.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sobrit(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2015
This reference by some forumites to manie a.k.a Emma Ewumi as ''pa emma Ewumi' sounds rather derogatory to me. Is he older or as old as Buhari to be termed 'pa'? Someone may say he (manie) is a veterran investor but my thinking is, isn't it more respectful and professional to say Mr or better still Sir Emma Ewumi.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Please where is NNPC listed? I want to increase my holding
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2015
Sobrit:
This reference by some forumites to manie a.k.a Emma Ewumi as ''pa emma Ewumi' sounds rather derogatory to me. Is he older or as old as Buhari to be termed 'pa'? Someone may say he (manie) is a veterran investor but my thinking is, isn't it more respectful and professional to say Mr or better still Sir Emma Ewumi.

Shuoooooo? Why not address him as 'Sir'or "Mr"? As for me and my bnsitl, we choose to address the only man who bought UAC before independence as "Pa"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2015
Sobrit:
Thank you my brother, may God bless you. The doyen of accounting in Nigeria who is about 90 years is simply referred to as Mr Akintola Williams.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Shuoooooo? Why not address him as 'Sir'or "Mr"? As for me and my bnsitl, we choose to address the only man who bought UAC before independence as "Pa"
No stock was tradeable in 1960, I bought my first UACN around 1999. NB Uac should be a good buy at anything between N20 to N23 for investors who want to diversify from banking stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by manie(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
Please where is NNPC listed? I want to increase my holding
NNPC is currently a loss making enterprise. I will invest in NLNG if the stock price is affordable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2015
Know body know's it all in nse. a sister sell okomu oil this week in other to buy below the price, today okomu wellcome to bull .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by janykute: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2015
Sobrit:
The place I come from 'Pa'is considered more respectful than Mr.If he is not pa how come whenever we need answers to stock questions for the 60s & 70s the only name that comes to our mind is Pa Ewumi.I think he should consider it as an honour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2015
manie:
No stock was tradeable in 1960, I bought my first UACN around 1999. NB Uac should be a good buy at anything between N20 to N23 for investors who want to diversify from banking stocks.

Oga Emma, I know say your eyes go Dey uacn. Been waiting for that stock to decline further. Hopefully this present blood bath brings it further down. It actually hit its 52 week low yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1101) (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), sterlingD(m), tijany130(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.