Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10912434 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) ... (7762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bianco1:

I don't believe LIVESTOCK is for jijo guys but with Stanbic IBTC now heavily involved in the company sure there will be a lot of changes to happen. I say this because it happened in PRESCO. Do your DD o me self just dey learn grin

It happened with Presco, I think they came in when it was around N5.00 and left at N20.00 or thereabout.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
samzepaparazi:
Oil spill in china.

Next week will be mad

Let the spill reach NSE...... grin
I will hire an accountant going forward.
I changed glasses twice, but the figures are still eluding me..... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

It happened with Presco, I think they came in when it was around N5.00 and left at N20.00 or thereabout.

BBM and FX, see another assignment.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
pluto09:

I guess you are looking at earnings to arrive at your fair price.
The most popular now is book value and on that account people can argue that the likes of Diamond, fcmb, fbn are still cheap at current price.
Are they right? Mr market think so for now : are they wrong? only time will tell.

A sincere word of advice for those who can't hold a grip of their fingers to sell. ...This present market is deeper than u think.
...some things that are currently playing out are beyond fundementals, technicals and sentiment. ...Take it or leave it, our foreign hot money brothers are here and will be here for a few months.
...Some things are better left unsaid but If u cannot see past ur nose, then u might just be left far behind. cheesy grin
Am sure that those who sold their FCMB, DIAMOND and FIDELITY because of the 'makeup camouflage towards the tail end of market close will be regretting their actions now. ...as they all finally closed on a good enough bid strength !! ...Now they may come back to buy it higher.
Let's hope they learn some lessons going forward.
A word they say is enough...
Enough said !!

NOTE: DD advised as always pls.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
FBNH
Previous Closing Price 13.76
Today's Opening Price 14.44
Today's Closing Price 14.75
Gain 7.19%
Today's Volume 141,043,829
Today's Value 2,116,407,866.39

CLASSIC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
onegentleguy:

A sincere word of advice for those who can't hold a grip of their fingers to sell. ...This present market is deeper than we think.
...some things that currently playing out are beyond fundementals, technicals and sentiment. ...Take it or leave it, our foreign hot money brothers are here and will be here for a few months.
...Somethings are better left unsaid but If u cannot see past ur nose, then u might just be left far behind. cheesy grin
Am sure that those who sold their FCMB, DIAMOND and FIDELITY because of the 'makeup camouflage towards the tail end of market close will be regretting their actions now. ...as they all finally closed on a good enough bid strength !! ...Now they may come back to buy it higher.
Enough said !!

NOTE: DD advised as always.

Hmm Tomorrow go hot o.
If fcmb,diamond and fbn no close on red tomorrow,
I go buy one of them on monday.
cant you see clearly?
or u need glases?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
stocks with new 52 week highs
ccnn #17.78k
Fcmb #3.61k
caverton #2.12k
diamond bank #3.47k
unity bank #1.12k
Skye bank #1.18k
Wema bank #1.07k
fbnh #14.75k
mansard #2.94k
Berger #10.08k
redstar #5.91k
aiico #0.65k
npf microfinance #1.74k
NEM #1.76k
gtb #52.11k
access bank #12.50k
fidelity #3.99k
Guinness #120.25k
stock.with new 52 week lows
studio press #1.90k

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Chei, bull, bull, bull. Even Bobmarley bank, I mean Jaizbank, has given some people over 100% roe cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
locodemy:

Hmm Tomorrow go hot o.
If fcmb,diamond and fbn no close on red tomorrow,
I go buy one of them on monday.
cant you see clearly?
or u need glases?

My mind on two stocks for now; FBN and transcorp.... grin What is cooking in FBN is too hot to ignore...I am pained when i see the way it has been rising. Lost the opportunity to re-enter below N8 because I was waiting for pull back rather it propelled forward... grin

Proceeds from Wema bank sale will be used to fund the purchase... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
onegentleguy:

A sincere word of advice for those who can't hold a grip of their fingers to sell. ...This present market is deeper than we think.
...some things that are currently playing out are beyond fundementals, technicals and sentiment. ...Take it or leave it, our foreign hot money brothers are here and will be here for a few months.
...Somethings are better left unsaid but If u cannot see past ur nose, then u might just be left far behind. cheesy grin
Enough said !!

NOTE: DD advised as always pls.

To the average Nigerian;
FCMB- N3.61
DIAMOND- N3.47
FIDELITY- N3.99
ACCESS- N12.50

To our foreign hot money brothers;
FCMB- $0.0103 (...so just $10m can buy over 1 billion unit of FCMB ...which is more than a 10% stake in FCMBs current total free float).
DIAMOND- $0.0099
FIDELITY- $0.0114
ACCESS- $0.3571 ...N350/$ exchange rate used.

...In case u have any doubt, go back and take a cursory look at sir yoks regular update of the MSCI index stock purchases. ...except for seplet, observe very closely and u would notice the peanuts that this guys spend in mopping and loading some of our coys.
So it makes sence for all of us to use our sixth sense so as to reap from this 'present circle of affairs' cheesy grin
...Remember, this sort of circle play don't come all the time. ...and need I remind u that the very heavy volume of trade u see everyday is not for nothing u know. ...more shall come !!.
For my close observation of the 'black room affairs' and 'some cloud tips' leaves less room for doubt, and like I always say, some things are better left unsaid. grin grin

In all, I do not know about u but as for me and my household, we have decided to dance to the 'rhythm of this melody accordingly'.

NOTE: This post should not be seen as an investment advise. ...Pls kindly carry out ur own due delligence.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
onegentleguy:

To the average Nigerian;
FCMB- N3.61
DIAMOND- N3.47
FIDELITY- N3.99
ACCESS- N12.50

FCMB- $0.0103 (...so just $10m can buy over 1 billion unit of FCMB ...which is a nearly 10% stake in FCMBs current total free float).
DIAMOND- $0.0099
FIDELITY- $0.0114

...In case u have any doubt, go back and take a cursory look at sir yoks regular update of the MSCI index stock purchases. ...except for seplet, observe very closely and u would notice the peanuts that this guys spend in mopping and loading some of our coys.
So it makes sence for all of us to use our sixth sense so as to reap from this 'present circle of affairs' cheesy grin
...for this sort of circle play don't come all the time.
My close observation of the 'black room affairs' and 'some cloud tips' leaves less room for doubt, and like I always say, some things are better left unsaid. grin grin

In all, I do know about u but as for me and my household, we have decided to dance to the 'rhythm of this melody accordingly'.

NOTE: This post should not be seen as an investment advise. ...Pls kindly carry out ur own due delligence.

Nothing to worry about at the moment...the market is still fairly price and undervalue when compare to $$$$ terms. Some funds just arrived and ready to pump into NSE. Don't forget to pay your tithe to NSEMPA's club...all the best grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Intendy:

ccnn #17.78k

Fcmb #3.61k

caverton #2.12k

diamond bank #3.47k

unity bank #1.12k

Skye bank #1.18k

Wema bank #1.07k

fbnh #14.75k

mansard #2.94k

Berger #10.08k

redstar #5.91k

aiico #0.65k

npf microfinance #1.74k

NEM #1.76k

gtb #52.11k

access bank #12.50k

fidelity #3.99k

Guinness #120.25k

studio press #1.90k

Where is transcorp cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
tritritri:
what the excess of fundamental when in a bull season everything moves. just thinking
grin Remember what happen to you ?(unliver and zenith ) forget were you are now if you have change buy other things .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godisfaithful:

Nothing to worry about at the moment...the market is still fairly price and undervalue when compare to $$$$ terms. [b]Some funds just arrived [/b]and ready to pump into NSE. Don't forget to pay your tithe to NSEMPA's club...all the best grin

Chai una no go kee person for here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Chai una no go kee person for here

I'm telling you what i'm aware of... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Fundamentals:

DangCem- N4.65 T
Guaranty- N1.53 T
Nestle - N1.19 T
Zenith- N1.01 T
FBNH- N 529.46 B
Stanbic- N452.33 B

NSE Market Cap- 15.66 T

Alhaji- 30 percent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
locodemy:
Haba oando bids keep increasing.
One thing i know be say all consolidations in oando is going on at this period of suspension.
All the faint hearted ones holding the shares has been pushed out by the tight hand holders.
Having only 4b units as free float from the 12b OS tells me that nobody will be ready to sell oando until he/she reap the fruits of patience.LOCO WILL ONLY RELEASE HIS OWN AT #30 TO MAKE HIS 500%.
#30 ? grin the stock may start from #50+ after suspension .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
samzepaparazi:

Where is transcorp cry
it didn't close above yesterday's price ,which was it's new 52 week high
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
presiade:
Fundamentals:

DangCem- N4.65 T
Guaranty- N1.53 T
Nestle - N1.19 T
Zenith- N1.01 T
FBNH- N 529.46 B
Stanbic- N452.33 B

NSE Market Cap- 15.66 T

Alhaji- 30 percent.

Safety is always found under Alhaji's umbrella!

By the time you add DF,DS and NASCON to the above the man is nearly if not more than 50% of NSE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nonnycn12: 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Good day dear nairalanders.
Its bin an education jony so far and Im still on it. Actually started reading thru the thread today(the more rent post) and i must confess as a newbie, i have learnt so much and still learning.

The matter at hand is that i implore our elders and gurus on this thread to point me in the right direction to invest in the stock market as i wish to start tomorrow Fri 19/1/18.

I did shares well with cash craft before the market crashed and lost interest in it, but with the advise and wat i have gathered so far on the thread, i am determined to learn and make money work for me.. smiley

gracias

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
DaV8King:

Safety is always found under Alhaji's umbrella!

By the time you add DF,DS and NASCON to the above the man is nearly if not more than 50% of NSE

You're right!! Having him in one's portfolio is always a good idea. Sold my DS holdings too early.

Anyone has opinion on Stanbic, BUY, SELL, or HOLD?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Cadillac15:
FBNH
Gain 7.19%

CLASSIC

Sold some FBN to build Access. May our portfolios bring profits if they are not already cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Revibe: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
Intendy:

ccnn #17.78k

Fcmb #3.61k

caverton #2.12k

diamond bank #3.47k

unity bank #1.12k

Skye bank #1.18k

Wema bank #1.07k

fbnh #14.75k

mansard #2.94k

Berger #10.08k

redstar #5.91k

aiico #0.65k

npf microfinance #1.74k

NEM #1.76k

gtb #52.11k

access bank #12.50k

fidelity #3.99k

Guinness #120.25k

studio press #1.90k

Something is cooking in AIICO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Cadillac15:
FBNH
Gain 7.19%

CLASSIC
Why do our colleagues here like to tell us how the market will end, that there will be a bull tomorrow or day after or next week? Can't they just keep quiet and watch?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
presiade:

You're right!! Having him in one's portfolio is always a good idea. Sold my DS holdings too early.

Anyone has opinion on Stanbic, BUY, SELL, or HOLD?

If you BUY more you will gain.
If you SELL, it depends on where you are pushing the proceeds to.
If you HOLD you will not lose.

That is the message the market is sending across to every participant grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Investnow2017: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
Toluway:

Why do our colleagues here like to tell us how the market will end, that there will be a bull tomorrow or day after or next week? Can't they just keep quiet and watch?

In BULL season even a taciturn will turn a talkative grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
tiar:

Exuberance like this is what burned people in 2008 and 2009. Most stocks do not have a basis for their current prices. It is a buying frenzy. Once the market starts to retreat (latest end of this month) panic will set in because most people have no logical basis for why to remain in a particular stock based on warnings.

FBN will not make up to N1 (one naira) earnings per share. Don't let your exuberance get you burned. Once the result is out, everyone realizws the stock is now
Expensive and starts to sell and people get stuck. Best wishes

Time will tell. Except you are saying Stanbic , Zenith and Gtb will be punished because their EPS is at the same range.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Investnow2017:

If you BUY more you will gain.
If you SELL, it depends on where you are pushing the proceeds to.
If you HOLD you will not lose.

That is the message the market is sending across to every participant grin grin

The bolded statements are not guaranteed despite this bullish run. The NSE is a crazy bourse grin that's why I need news, aka insider info.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Toluway:

There are so many of them that knows Mr. Market. They also dine and wine with the movers and shakers of our economy, CEO and top management teams of NSE quoted firms, investment houses, etc.

I hope none of us will run away at the end of the day. It's gonna be very interesting.

For now, let's keep making money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
person go day fear to post opinion on nsempa. abi na by force to read every post

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MYMINDER(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
onegentleguy:

To the average Nigerian;
FCMB- N3.61
DIAMOND- N3.47
FIDELITY- N3.99
ACCESS- N12.50

FCMB- $0.0103 (...so just $10m can buy over 1 billion unit of FCMB ...which is more than a 10% stake in FCMBs current total free float).
DIAMOND- $0.0099
FIDELITY- $0.0114

...Remember, this sort of circle play don't come all the time. ...and need I remind u that the very heavy volume of trade u see everyday is not for nothing u know. ...more shall come !!.
For my close observation of the 'black room affairs' and 'some cloud tips' leaves less room for doubt, and like I always say, some things are better left unsaid. grin grin

In all, I do not know about u but as for me and my household, we have decided to dance to the 'rhythm of this melody accordingly'.

Foreign investors have a minimum market capitalization screen for stocks in countries. Only Access survives this initial screening. It is not about the price per share but the market value of the company as an INITIAL filter when it comes to foreign institutional investment. Be informed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

IBTC underwrote the Presco IPO so they became shareholders by picking the unsubscribed portion of the IPO. IBTC did nothing to the management.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2987) (2988) (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) ... (7762) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 222Martins(m), Bizibi(m), cleverland, essentialone(m), Mfunkynation(m), Choiceguy, ukay2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.