Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10882639 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
lmm4real:
Ok pls I have a question, I always receive one X-Alert when ever my Buy or sell oder is accomplished.

Recently I requested for a statement of account from my brokers, on it I saw the same stock I bought for 0.79k and received an x-Alert for, was purchased at a higher price 1.29 precisely.

I really Dont understand why its like that, in fact am suspecting foul play.

Is there a way I can investigate this or any independent body I can report to.

1.29 is probably your average unit cost, i.e. inclusive of your broker's fees and and other charges. You need to check that first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
lmm4real:
Ok pls I have a question, I always receive one X-Alert when ever my Buy or sell oder is accomplished.

Recently I requested for a statement of account from my brokers, on it I saw the same stock I bought for 0.79k and received an x-Alert for, was purchased at a higher price 1.29 precisely.

In the 1st instance ask your brokers for clarifications. If not satisfied, then be ready to escalate it to SEC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
Fundamentally speaking, AIICO should not be trading at the current give-away price. Is there something I'm missing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:

1.29 is probably your average unit cost, i.e. inclusive of your broker's fees and and other charges. You need to check that first.

Whaaaat? Please tell me u r joking ooo

Fees of 63+%? I am in the wrong job grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:

broker fees grin

even Aso rock villa broker will not charge 63% fees

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
bigjay01:

Whaaaat? Please tell me u r joking ooo

Fees of 63+%? I am in the wrong job grin grin grin

gringrin didn't consider the magnitude of the difference though, but that's the first culprit to check... You can start your broking firm now more money to your ministry.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
currentprice:

broker fees grin

even Aso rock villa broker will not charge 63% fees

grin grin

With the current Aso rock, you never can tell grin lipsrsealed... Just saw that fees can't justify the disparity if the given figures are accurate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
lmm4real:

X-alert is the correct one. Anything outside that, tell them to pay the difference immediately or you escalate to SEC. Once they pay the difference, quickly find a better broker and transfer your Kaya to the new broker. Whether it will repeat again, yes it will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:

There is no average price any where, this is not the first time I am buying stocks but this is the first time this kind of thing is happening.
It didn't happen on my previous buys, why now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
lmm4real:

There is no average price any where, this is not the first time I am buying stocks but this is the first time this kind of thing is happening.
It didn't happen on my previous buys, why now.

Ok sir lipsrsealed. I didn't say average price but cost. Anyways, I have a hunch that you're mistaking something...just do make sure you feedback the house when you're through with your broker.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
Coolcash1:
Which divestment style is better;
1. to sell one's entire unit of shares (capital +profit) or

2. sell only units equivalent to profit made on the stock whilst capital is retained....

@fxuser, current price, agbalowomeri, rabbidoracle, bbm, deruggedprof, loco, Godisfaithful, Cadillac, yok, onegentleguy et al please advice... grin

Oga Cool, I will sell the stock and retain a tiny unit should Incase there’s another opportunity to come in and avoid any registrar wahala (dividend). Because I know my name will still be included among the shareholders of the company grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DaV8King(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:
Fundamentally speaking, AIICO should not be trading at the current give-away price. Is there something I'm missing

Insurance business in Naija is bad business.
Apart from those policies made compulsory by laws, how many insurance policies does the average Nigerian hold?
Plus, corporate governance could be stronger across that entire sector(Insurance).
My own 0.02

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:

Ok sir lipsrsealed. I didn't say average price but cost. Anyways, I have a hunch that you're mistaking something...just do make sure you feedback the house when you're through with your broker.
yes.. he's mistaking something..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
@Coolcash.I use two methods to sell/buy stocks.
During the bear time,I use to sell all stocks if I see 10/15% in the stock and wait for the pullback to buy larger quantity of the same stock if I continue to see value in it.
During the bull time like this.I divide the stock into two,sell half when I think the stock has made excess gain and due for pullback.If the stock continues on its rally I will wait to sell the other half at the best price.And if the price depreciates,I will use the sold one to average down getting larger quantity than before or I invest in another sound stock.

ALL DEPENDS ON ONES METHOD OF TRADING.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
lmm4real:

I think what you saw might be the current price not the purchased price. How much was the stock trading at the very day you asked for the statement ? Do you have CSCS online account? Where you can login and view all trades executed on your account ? With it you get to see the real price at which those stocks were bought.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
DaV8King:

Insurance business in Naija is bad business.
Apart from those policies made compulsory by laws, how many insurance policies does the average Nigerian hold?
Plus, corporate governance could be stronger across that entire sector(Insurance).
My own 0.02

I guess it has to do with corporate governance then...because the figures(EPS and PE) are quite good. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
Yayira:
yes.. he's mistaking something..
Yes...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
When reversal comes, the door will be too narrow ooo.

Shed weight if you can.

There is news of militants wanting to start blowing pipelines again. If this isn't checked by the government, it won't go well in the market.

Control your greed. I have gone lean in this market.

Safe trip guys. I have alighted at Sokoto, you guys can continue to Libya grin
...but sir you no reach sokoto na.. I saw you alighting at Benin grin grin anyway the road to success is never a smooth road, one must pass through Libya. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

I never sell o. I still dey ride
Not a 2min man
interesting grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
RabbiDoracle:
When reversal comes, the door will be too narrow ooo.

Shed weight if you can.

There is news of militants wanting to start blowing pipelines again. If this isn't checked by the government, it won't go well in the market.

Control your greed. I have gone lean in this market.

Safe trip guys. I have alighted at Sokoto, you guys can continue to Libya grin

with your Dangote sugar as well? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:

This Aiico you are talking about is a stock I held more than 10m units years back.
I left it not too long because of about 18+ B units of shares they want to list as a holding company.
Try to allign yourself to reasons why a good stock is not moving in price.Aiico is good but market market is not romantic on it.

Use cileasing to learn how the market keeps a stock that has an odd news......enough said.

YOU WILL GO LONG IN THE MARKET IF YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR ELDERS IN STOCK.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
locodemy:

This Aiico you are talking about is a stock I held more than 10m units years back.
I left it not too long because of about 18+ B units of shares they want to list as a holding company.
Try to allign yourself to reasons why a good stock is not moving in price.Aiico is good but market market is not romantic on it.

Use cileasing to learn how the market keeps a stock that has an odd news......enough said.

YOU WILL GO LONG IN THE MARKET IF YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR ELDERS IN STOCK .
true
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
If you are not a veteran in the stock market. You are full of theory knowledge of stocks. You see a good stock that is not doing well in price. Ask the veterans about it,you will hear something(cc. Pa Emma).
THERE WAS A REASON WHY JESUS CURSED THE FIG TREE WHICH WAS FULL OF GREEN LEAVES.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
locodemy:

Try to allign yourself to reasons why a good stock is not moving in price.Aiico is good but mr market is not romantic on it.

I get your point, thanks.

YOU WILL GO LONG IN THE MARKET IF YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR ELDERS IN STOCK.

gringringrin oga on top, I'm loyal grin grin grin. Do you know where ihedioramma lives?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
locodemy:
If you are not a veteran in the stock market.
You are full of theory knowledge of stocks.
You see a good stock that is not doing well in price.
Ask the veterans about it,you will hear something(cc. Pa Emma).

THERE WAS A REASON WHY JESUS CURSED THE FIG TREE WHICH WAS FULL OF GREEN LEAVES.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by apiakason: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
presiade:
Brother pls am in the same page with you I am still wondering uptill Moro .Aiico ordinarily should be ahead of nem ...looking at its EPs/pe.....might be wrong shaa
Pls elders pls say something
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
apiakason:

Brother pls am in the same page with you I am still wondering uptill Moro .Aiico ordinarily should be ahead of nem ...looking at its EPs/pe.....might be wrong shaa
Pls elders pls say something

Market is waiting for this to play out
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/09/aiico-secures-shareholders-approval-to-transform-to-holding-company/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
johnok:
Thanks so much for this tread.I have rely on this tread to make profit for two weeks running.
Kudos to the ogas in the house

Yeah right, but note that we also welcome paying of tithes. ...To keep pushing the ministry forward. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Guaranty just opened new race lane for the banks sef: headed above 60
Zenith will move to the 40s
Access, Fbnh, Uba will move to the 20s
Diamond Fcmb Fidelity will move above 5 towards 10

Hold tight if you are still in the market

Gbam !! ...I hereby bestow upon u, the title of MR FORESIGHT 1 of Nsempa Kingdom !! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
locodemy:

Expect more rally from the banks especially tier1 banks.Gtb,Aceess,zenith,uba.
More rally from Diamond and fidelity.

...Wonders shall never end !! ...Our dear Loco is now sounding quite positive.
Why do I get the feeling that his portfolio weighting is now not only in TRANSOANDO, but also in the tier 2 banks. cheesy grin
...He may also have the ACCESS to Mr TIME's next Abode. grin grin
Loco Loco !! ...Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mpeace:
I read the post. The blogger said his prediction has already been fulfilled. He made FBNH prediction on May 4 2016. His new prediction is that Diamond will do 200% from its price if 8, january 2018.

Shuuu !! ...Dont say it too loud my dear.
Well, I can only say that in a few weeks, some folks will be in awe at the price of DIAMOND, FCMB and FIDELITY.
Plus the great resonating effect of the SKYE !! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tijany130(m), beejay1(m), aberdeenshire, mk3jax and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.