Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10896841 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
rationalmind:

Looks like Pluto used the Q3 isn't out yet to throw people off track, if he doesn't want people to know the stock, why give an obvious hint like Q3 hasn't been released grin

Make dem dey permutate; me I no dey buy illiquid stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Una fit sell person o.
15-20% abi.
I go scatter that una runz
come make money for flour mill make we see. I only need it as defensive stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

You are not a fan of their volume behaviour
Fxuser 2017 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by valentinenwoko: 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
Pls what is happening to CI LEASING PLC as refer to share reconstruction, right issue and Dividend. No news on board meeting. I sent an email to registrar, they replied that the process is going on. But no information, they will get back to me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
Obasanjo and IBB now run unity bank as major shareholders taking its capital Base to N80 billion from N31 billion. How does this impact on its share price. Unity bank is perhaps biggest Agric business bank, highly Agro-centric. Keys in nicely with current Governments Agric policies. Experts in the house TORCHLIGHT this bank.Where are we looking at its share price 2018?

#UNITY BANK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:37am On Feb 19, 2018
rationalmind:

You are not a fan of their volume behaviour

Fxuser 2017 grin

loll
#opari
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:38am On Feb 19, 2018
Afriprud
- weekly looks very very good
- but daily brings light concern with -ve rsi & macd divergence
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:53am On Feb 19, 2018
fxuser:
Afriprud

Similar observation with dangFlour
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:45am On Feb 19, 2018
fxuser:
Afriprud
pls can we see the graph And also share the graph website
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Two of my best performing stocks from 2017 to date are what some called illiquid stocks. Fidson and CCNN.

Bought fidson at N0.98k and CCNN at N4.92.

What ever works for you stick with it grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2018
fxuser:
Afriprud - weekly looks very very good - but daily brings light concern with -ve rsi & macd divergence
Please, Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:18am On Feb 19, 2018
emmanuelewumi:
J

What about the with holding tax of between 600k to 800k he must have paid on the dividends earned.

Issue is the tax paid on the income he used to acquire the Assets (stocks, property etc)? It is expected that your tax liability should be commensurate with your asset.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

But the form has a part to declare your investment (stocks, bonds, etc)....this is section 3

Section D says that you should state assets you have disposed..at the end you indicate if it is a gain/loss stating the value.

https://vaids.gov.ng

Download the form and see.

You don't pay Capital Gains tax on shares but you pay on property. That is the LAW.

The important part of the form is the question about how the acquisition of assets was financed. If it was from 'taxed income' then your previous tax payment will support it. If it is from 'untaxed income' then the tax man will come after you now. Very simple actually.

It is all about showing sources and application of funds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2018
pluto09:

Two of my best performing stocks from 2017 to date are what some called illiquid stocks. Fidson and CCNN.

Bought fidson at N0.98k and CCNN at N4.92.

What ever works for you stick with it grin
Yeah I agree. You diversify, I concentrate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2018
wanaj0:

Issue is the tax paid on the income he used to acquire the Assets (stocks, property etc)? It is expected that your tax liability should be commensurate with your asset.

Not always the case, this will create jobs for Tax accountants and Tax lawyers.
It is legally possible that a worker currently earned N2 million per annum, but his investment portfolio is over N25 million.
The Tax accountant or lawyer employed by the worker will legally prove it to the Tax officials.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

The company would have raised N80 billion in the current right offer, rather than raising the fund in 2 tranches.
I guess the majority shareholder is trying to prevent a takeover of their company.

I learnt the 3 majority shareholders of UACN who now have a combined 22% of the company came in through the right offer.
Sir, how do you source this juicy info, i believe you have the shaepest cutlass in this forum

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:22am On Feb 19, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

It is legally possible that a worker currently earned N2 million per annum, but his investment portfolio is over N25 million.
The Tax accountant or lawyer employed by the worker will legally prove it to the Tax officials.
What of those that trade stocks? And those who import capital

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:29am On Feb 19, 2018
maishai:

Sir, how do you source this juicy info, i believe you have the shaepest cutlass in this forum

Total debt as at year end 31st March 2017 was N186 billion, you can get it in the annual report. In the right offer document the debt dropped to N144 billion on 30th September 2017.
I am sure in the 3rd quarter which ended on 31st December 2017, the company must have made further reduction in their total debt.

Financial year of Flour Mills should end in 6 weeks, proceeds from the right will be handed over to the company next week Monday 26th February 2018.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Total debt as at year end 31st March 2017 was N186 billion, you can get it in the annual report. In the right offer document the debt dropped to N144 billion on 30th September 2017.
I am sure in the 3rd quarter which ended on 31st December 2017, the company must have made further reduction in their total debt.

Financial year of Flour Mills should end in 6 weeks, proceeds from the right will be handed over to the company next week Monday 26th February 2018.
Please, any info on When the WAPCO rights shares will drop?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
sky2891:

Please, any info on When the WAPCO rights shares will drop?

When is the board meeting of Lafarge Africa? It should be with CSCS now, at least based on the time table of the right offer and the admission of the right for listing and trading.
I guess one of the factors that helped UACN right offer, was the efficiency and capacity of the Registrars that is APR.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:02am On Feb 19, 2018
https://brandspurng.com/okomu-nigeria-sees-subdued-2018-for-palm-oil-on-market-woes/

Okomu Oil Palm Plc, Nigeria’s second-largest producer of palm oil, expects its sales will probably slow for the rest of the year due to a supply glut and weak consumer demand.

Are we expecting something negative from Okomu this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WorldAmbassador: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
https://brandspurng.com/okomu-nigeria-sees-subdued-2018-for-palm-oil-on-market-woes/

Okomu Oil Palm Plc, Nigeria’s second-largest producer of palm oil, expects its sales will probably slow for the rest of the year due to a supply glut and weak consumer demand.

Are we expecting something negative from Okomu this year.

@Obagadaffi. I read the news and I don't think it is due to a glut of palm oil in the market. Rather, most people probably go for locally made palm oil(which is a lot cheaper) and this hurts Okomu's bottom line. I have once bought Okomu's refined palm oil called Banga Oil for over 4,000 Naira-it's too expensive.

On the other hand, I read in the Punch that the CBN is barring banks with huge Non-Performing loans from paying dividends.
http://punchng.com/cbn-bars-banks-with-huge-bad-loans-from-paying-dividends/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 10:12am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 10:15am On Feb 19, 2018
There may be some effect of this news on some banking stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2018
Good day Bnstil,

Pls what is the NPL for UBA, FBNH and FCMB.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:26am On Feb 19, 2018
WorldAmbassador:

@Obagadaffi. I read the news and I don't think it is due to a glut of palm oil in the market. Rather, most people probably go for locally made palm oil(which is a lot cheaper) and this hurts Okomu's bottom line. I have once bought Okomu's refined palm oil called Banga Oil for over 4,000 Naira-it's too expensive.

On the other hand, I read in the Punch that the CBN is barring banks with huge Non-Performing loans from paying dividends.

Hmm, With all this negative news, we should expecting serious baers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2018
WorldAmbassador:

Importation of cheap PkO is the major problem

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Hmm, With all this negative news, we should expecting serious baers.

At this time ,it either you go for defensive stocks or you carry your money at hand.
Loco is not bothered about the bears now because i saw the humidity of the cloud on time and decided to do the needful.I am one of the people here praying for mother of bears to take another position but because of my fellow brothers and sisters who are trapped in stocks,I dont like to talk much about bears.

I think every good news about results is already priced in...........be very careful of what you buy now.Next bull will come in April/May when Q1 results will begin to show face.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

That is why you need to show how you get the N25million from N2million per annum. No one has said anything is impossible. Just go ahead and show the appropriate documentation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3165) (3166) (3167) (3168) (3169) (3170) (3171) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ZikkyChops(m), eziokwunwoko(m), Jonwest, SA44LA44(m), 0neal(m), Laso09, lexy2lexy, crownprince2017, iHaveMadeiT2, dapix and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.