Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,549 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11558971 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) ... (8190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
About 3 or 4 years ago, UCAP went below N1. It was calling on all man to come and buy then. I believe Pa Emma average cost will be Zero
onegentleguy:

On the part in bold; so that my Oga really bought UCAP at that price !!
...Chaii, some people don really really 'hammer' for this market. wink cheesy grin
...Chaii, make una try dey remember boys for this end oo.

Btw, make I quickly write Sir Oracle to see if I can apply for the post of deputy financial secretary to his assistant P.A. smiley wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

Clearly below expectation. ...I saw this coming though.
Now the most likely scenerio would be for investors especially dividend players to punish this one to levels that would be just commensurate to a 10% or below dividend yeild. ...pahaps at levels btw N3.1 - 3.4.
...that would sure be a good range to key in before the mark down date. wink cheesy

grin

The market is really producing wonder-FULL results.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

My Oga pls never say never. ...there realy aren't much difference btw the range of N3.1- 3.4, I mentioned and that of N3.5.
...In this market when as a coy u increase the appetite of dividend players thru a high pay out ratio, then they expect u to keep improving on it or at the very least meet up with their other expectations. ...anything short of it would usually be punished. ...sometimes even beyond acceptable limits.

As it stands right now, the difference btw AFPRUD and UCAP is that while their dividends pay out fell slightly below expectation, the latter also failed to improve in their Nos.
My veiw is that AFPRUD would likely recover faster from any pullback in price. (...it lost just a minot 1k today to close @ N5.19 while UCAP lost nearly 5% ...down from N4.30 to N4.09).

Luckily though, I still have a Fair Price for UCAP that is above the current market price. (...at a slightly below 38% premium from today's closing price).
But that's just me. ...dividend hunters may likely think otherwise.

We keenly await on Mr TIME to do his thing.

NOTE: This is merely an analysis on UCAP, and not a recommendation to sell, hold or buy.
...DD always advised pls.

Woundjury. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2018
rebekah2011:
I have gone through the financials and I must say that the coy didnt do badly. They needed to moderate the dividend proposed because of the excess tax on dividend which is becoming unwieldy for the coy. However, management seems to have rewarded themselves more than the owners of the business. One cannot afford to sleep with two eyes closed in some of these companies. I hope to buy more whe it is marked down. That average cost of Oga Oracle at 77kobo is something I have to beat hands down.

Not me oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

On the part in bold; so that my Oga really bought UCAP at that price !!
...Chaii, some people don really really 'hammer' for this market. wink cheesy grin
...Chaii, make una try dey remember boys for this end oo.

Btw, make I quickly write Sir Oracle to see if I can apply for the post of deputy financial secretary to his assistant P.A. smiley wink cheesy

It was Wanaj0 that posted that he bought at that price. Not me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
rebekah2011:
About 3 or 4 years ago, UCAP went below N1. It was calling on all man to come and buy then. I believe Pa Emma average cost will be Zero

Some people will sew agbada with the shares by not selling. Just chopping dividends. When prices fall, dem go dey regret. grin

Just sell and keep money ojare!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ok Sir. E be like say Oga Oracle na sharp sharp investor
RabbiDoracle:

Not me oooo.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
rebekah2011:
Ok Sir. E be like say Oga Oracle na sharp sharp investor

Sharp sharp how?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

It was Wanaj0 that posted that he bought at that price. Not me.

It's alright then. ...I shall swiftly forward a prototype of my job application to the administrative office of HIGH CHIEF WANAJO.
...However a copy of the application will still get to ur office via ur assistant Secretary my oga. smiley wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

Thanks. I am not sure what you disagree with though. In terms of disclosure, my average holding cost for UCAP is 77kobo. It constitute almost 10% of my portfolio. Mind you I don't like Tony Elumelu's companies!

That said, when I am doing my valuation, I always discount extra ordinary income because such is not sustainable. Same applies to Dangote Flour. You need to discount the profit from the sales of their noodles section.,

I found the post. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

I found the post. grin

Ucap never sold at that price
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Woundjury. grin

Add that to Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and multiply it by egba oso nke ukwuu nnoo ngwa ngwa...
...and ur FINAL ANSWER would be Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Olodo. grin grin

He must have bought at a price and netted of his dividends from it until it got to that price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
onegentleguy:

Add that to Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and multiply it by egba oso nke ukwuu nnoo ngwa ngwa...
...and ur FINAL ANSWER would be Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! wink cheesy grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Olodo. grin grin

He must have bought at a price and netted of his dividends from it until it got to that price.

I said AVERAGE holding cost. Remember that people got UCAP shares from the spin off from UBA. Anyway, I no get power to argue smiley

I bought UCAP even though I don't like Tony and I tend to stay away from his 'companies'
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Where will the local market get the dollars from? From the same CBN that supported Aliko to build the refinery and the same CBN that wants to reduce FX pressure due to purchase of dollars for importing petroleum products?

Will they SELL crude to him in Naira! It will do them like film trick. Dangote is SHREWD business man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

I hope you realise that some of us are still holding on to this ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

I said AVERAGE holding cost. Remember that people got UCAP shares from the spin off from UBA. Anyway, I no get power to argue smiley

I bought UCAP even though I don't like Tony and I tend to stay away from his 'companies'

Sir no be me ask kwesion ooo. Na oga Agba.

Oga Agba, pa wanaj0 no wan argue with you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
bigjay01:

I hope you realise that some of us are still holding on to this ...

Na wah ooo....una plant coke bottle for this market oo..

Anyway my bottle don grow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

Will they SELL crude to him in Naira! It will do them like film trick. Dangote is SHREWD business man.

Then the problem still remains.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gold360(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello guys, please is the share certificate number on a bonus issued certificate the same with the original share certificate?

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

For a small entrant like myself,
Please what amount of money is needed in other to be able to participate in the stock market fairly.

Your responses would be highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
fxuser:
Ucap
- on full offer
- so 35 kobo is vexing dis greedy dividend hunters
- issorai

Dividend is not the main thing vexing people. 5% dividend yield is not common in this market. Most of the banks will have a dividend yield less than 5%!

Main problem is performance. Drop in revenue, increase in operating expenses and reduced profit. Those are RED flags on the future prospect of the company. Seems they had some extra ordinary income before though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Depending on the problem we are trying to solve wink

If he sells in Naira, where will he get the DOLLARS to buy the Crude? Or will he buy Crude in Naira

I've heard people also claim that pump price of refined products will drop once the refinery is up and running. I wonder how that will happen wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

Depending on the problem we are trying to solve wink

If he sells in Naira, where will he get the DOLLARS to buy the Crude? Or will he buy Crude in Naira

I've heard people also claim that pump price of refined products will drop once the refinery is up and running. I wonder how that will happen wink

Buy crude in naira and sell your products in naira. They should not dollarize the economy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
wanaj0:

Dividend is not the main thing vexing people. 5% dividend yield is not common in this market. Most of the banks will have a dividend yield less than 5%!

Main problem is performance. Drop in revenue, increase in operating expenses and reduced profit. Those are RED flags on the future prospect of the company. Seems they had some extra ordinary income before though.

Do TBills at 15% grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Buy crude in naira and sell your products in naira. They should not dollarize the economy.

Dangote will just turn his refinery to an export refinery smiley He is not doing charity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Based on the numbers, UPL is a better bargain than Cutix. However Cutix will give a surprise in this YE. Highly surpassing their 2017 YE
currentprice:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20971_CUTIX_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_FEBRUARY_2018.pdf

cc oracle

cc pluto

cc loco

grin grin

FA can't go wrong grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
currentprice:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/20971_CUTIX_PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_FEBRUARY_2018.pdf

cc oracle

cc pluto

cc loco

grin grin

Liquidity is the issue. This should ordinarily be sent to the north pole.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Based on the numbers, UPL is a better bargain than Cutix. However Cutix will give a surprise in this YE. Highly surpassing their 2017 YE

RabbiDoracle:

FA can't go wrong grin

on "numbers" UPL still better in my opinion

not a recommendation to buy/sell o, i hav non of these stock in my portfolio grin

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) ... (8190) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LordAdam16, robobo, owolabi5, kaykehin, vefexam, BuchyD and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.