Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10917498 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (7764) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
nio68:

In the medium term with regards to the bolded ,my only concern is the pre and post election period.. I hope the owners of the creek wouldn't rear their heads again.
if regime remains the same no shocks expected. it will be be relatively stable for another 4years. provided no drastic measures is introduced by commander in chief
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
Redoil:
Trump is angry about the increase in oil price and plans are on to crash it so as to benefit non opec countries.
So be watchfull and prepare to sell ur stock at a better price
when he crash it does it benefit shale oil companies?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mpeace:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307081277.html They own vessels. Part of their business is leasing out those vessels of theirs to their clients.
Japaul has 9 vessels. That diamond loan was used to purchase their last 6vessels.
I thought some people said here that d company is been shut down and nothing is working?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2018
yom2:
I thought some people said here that d company is been shut down and nothing is working?
The company appears not to be well managed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

Can you share a link to the performance by Seplat.
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Corporate%20Results/SEPLAT-Declares-N81.11-billion-PAT-in-2017-Audited--Result--SP-N657.90k-/38664
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 12:55am On Apr 22, 2018
Mpeace:
Go through Japaul financial statement and see that the said loan is not due for payment before you start saying bad loan.
Japaul used their vessels as security for the loan and the loan itself is categorised under loan due for payment within 1-5years but not within 1year.
what kind of vessel?
How many do they have?
Apologies I can't look for that info now.

Japaul has been BAD since 2007. What's different now?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 1:29am On Apr 22, 2018
... Zzz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 1:33am On Apr 22, 2018
yom2:
when he crash it does it benefit shale oil companies?
lol!
Billion dollar question!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:52am On Apr 22, 2018
RealityShot:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Corporate%20Results/SEPLAT-Declares-N81.11-billion-PAT-in-2017-Audited--Result--SP-N657.90k-/38664

Thanks. The current performance is not sustainable.

I hope Seplat can make a profit after tax of N30 billion in 2018.

How can a company make a PAT of N81 billion and could not Pay a dividend of N6 billion to N8
billion from the N81 billion.

The interim dividend that may be paid is definitely an after thought.

Managers should be able to strike a balance between growing the business, planning for the future of the business by ploughing back profits and compensating the shareholders after all the CEO was compensated through stock options and remuneration of almost N500 million in 2017.

All the same Seplat is still good to go at the current price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 4:23am On Apr 22, 2018
currentprice:
That stambic result na bomb, N75 stock if they can maintain such tempo till Q4

grin

Hmmmm. Result boosted by recoveries. Check the credit impairment charges before making a decision.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2018
Coolcash1:
My stock pick for next week

Seplat- based on oil price rally, expansion of gas plant capacity, return to profitability, higher ROE and operating efficiency
Oando- based on oil price rally and market sentiment... grin
HF- strong fundamentals, trading below its intrinsic value, profitability recovery and gradual growth in earnings
Transcorp- government favourable policy on power, increase in earnings generation driven by its power business line, low PE ratio and PEG
Diamond- possibility of div payment based on sale of subsidiary, low NPLs among tier 2 banks, market repositioning, etc

DD strongly advised.... grin

Be careful of HF. Managementwise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 22, 2018
nio68:

In the medium term with regards to the bolded ,my only concern is the pre and post election period.. [b]I hope the owners of the creek wouldn't rear their heads [/b]again.

Settlement tinz grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2018
Redoil:
Trump is angry about the increase in oil price and plans are on to crash it so as to benefit non opec countries.
So be watchfull and prepare to sell ur stock at a better price

Yeah.i read about that. But Anything he does will crash the shale industry where some of their companies depend on high price to succeed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Really tempting me to come in for the dividend hunt in June grin

Are you sure you want dividend or you want to stay and then pick race? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Mpeace:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307081277.html They own vessels. Part of their business is leasing out those vessels of theirs to their clients.
Japaul has 9 vessels. That diamond loan was used to purchase their last 6vessels.

Vessels wey dey do wetin?

They don't carry oil ooo.. maybe they meant house boat and other logistics vessels.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 22, 2018
yom2:

This story was there all the while. I was monitoring them when I still had the shares and knew they were in business with one O & G coy.

This wasn't a new story.

If you look at their financial report,they still have REVENUE. This means they still do business. However, their cost of sales is more than their revenue. This shows that the business isn't a good one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2018
RealityShot:
what kind of vessel?
How many do they have?
Apologies I can't look for that info now.

Japaul has been BAD since 2007. What's different now?

Then when I was following them up, it was a logistics vessels (houseboat, delivery vessels) used to support operations. Nothing much in my opinion.

Dem no dey carry crude oil grin

So people shouldn't think it is a tanker.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:50am On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

They don't carry oil ooo.. maybe they meant house boat and other logistics vessels.
They lend/lease those vessels to oil companies.
See as una done make me dey defend japaul. I no even get the share sef.
Ngwa loco come and take over.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 22, 2018
wanaj0:

Hmmmm. Result boosted by recoveries. Check the credit impairment charges before making a decision.

Sir, the writebacks are ok na. Gradually, banks are recovering their lost investments.

Even if you take out the writebacks, it will still leave PAT at N18b. This is N2b more than the 2017 Q1.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 22, 2018
Mpeace:
They lend/lease those vessels to oil companies.
See as una done make me dey defend japaul. I no even get the share sef.
Ngwa loco come and take over.

This was done then when I had the shares. So nothing has changed.

Now that companies are repricing contracts and cutting cost, they must have reduced the rates they pay these people.

In summary, it is not profitable a business.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:04am On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Sir, the writebacks are ok na. Gradually, banks are recovering their lost investments.

Even if you take out the writebacks, it will still leave PAT at N18b. This is N2b more than the 2017 Q1.
FBNH promised an over 20billion write back in their full year 2017 result. Just wondering how the result will look. Promise was made at q2 and q3 conference call.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:06am On Apr 22, 2018
FBNH Q1 2018 will be bomb....take it or leave it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 22, 2018
pluto09:

Thanks.

You welcome boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:08am On Apr 22, 2018
Mpeace:
FBNH promised an over 20billion write back in their full year 2017 result. Just wondering how the result will look. Promise was made at q2 and q3 conference call.
FBNH Q1 2018 will be bomb...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Yes they are ok BUT you cannot make projections based on that. Will they continue to have write backs? Has GTB done/reflected any writeback?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 7:25am On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

This was done then when I had the shares. So nothing has changed.

Now that companies are repricing contracts and cutting cost, they must have reduced the rates they pay these people.

In summary, it is not profitable a business.

Which oil companies are doing business with JaPaul?

I know C&I Leasing is supplying vessels to the IOC's

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Then when I was following them up, it was a logistics vessels (houseboat, delivery vessels) used to support operations. Nothing much in my opinion.

Dem no dey carry crude oil grin

So people shouldn't think it is a tanker.
lol...
Thank you.

I hope people will just leave that wayo company to Hit 1kobo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
If I may say, these companies will be the last I will put my monies:
1. Japaul
2. CI leasing
3. Caverton.

or any logistic support companies serving OIC. All is a matter of time. OIC companies are very notorious in

negatively affect these business. The level of risk is just alarming. Lose of contract is the beginning of their down fall.

You just have to keep your ears on ground at all times to manage risk. It is a shaky industry at the beck and call of OIC. You no what

contracts are in Nigeria? The moment you can not play with the power that Be, you become a gonner.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Be careful of HF. Managementwise.
please explain more...

Am interested because the IPO was around 7 or 8 naira in 2008 just like dangflour: was thinking their recent Pat postings might mean their Ecobank debt saga is over and better days ahead.

As lots of people are stuck at 7-8 naira.. It might be a good medium to long term stock.. I thought.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RealityShot: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

tug boat na vessel Naa... grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (7764) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: courage89(m), Learner247, ositadima1(m), ernie4life(m), janga(m), yMcy56(f), BabsO2(m), Abdulbaasit95(m), Nemenma, crownprince2017, Kreos44, stokfrick and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.