Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,622 members, 7,847,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11016859 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) ... (7799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:48pm On May 31, 2018
rebekah2011:
The 2017 figures ain't looking bad. MTN is dominant in this Nigeria market. No other Telcos seems to rival them in terms of making money. But like it has been for all IPOs in the recent years, my mind says wait. Some months down the line we will get it cheaper than the IPO price.

Thanks. I mean private placement not IPO ?

I appreciate your contribution.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 2:57pm On May 31, 2018
sellydion:
@wanajo, Rabbideoracle

One of my office Oga patapata need advice in buying MTN shares on private placement.

What is your opinion? Kindly help out.
Personally, I will not touch it until the market settles to decide the actual price. Take note that the initial listing price may be hiked.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:28pm On May 31, 2018
currentprice:

the chart not looking okay. may still have the opportunity to load cheap later

1st of june is the key

grin

Index closed at about 38.1k (after breaking below 38k during trading).

If index closes below 38k tomorrow, we might be headed for 36k levels.

Where is Peter self?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Like I said earlier the market will continue it free fall we can ONLY start seeing VALUE when the ALL SHARE INDEX hit 38000 basis point which is the next SUPPORT.

*ThE OcToPuS*

Finally it's time to break BANK.
2018 is the GAME cool

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2018
PETERiCHY:

Finally it's time to break BANK.
2018 is the GAME cool

*ThE OcToPuS*

Oya Analyst, analyse what u posted here for some one like me wey go standard 5 00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 3:55pm On May 31, 2018
When you open NSE website, and you click on "Top 5 Trades", and you see only Banks (including heavy weight banks with heavy volumes), and you look to the left and see -1.30%, you don't feel good sad. Unless you're not in the market.

It seems the heavy weights (Dangote Cement, Guaranty, Zenith) are just about to start their own fall.

We need a magic tomorrow o, otherwise we have to wait a bit more for this bull.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:00pm On May 31, 2018
This one wey yok no post today, e be like say him guys don start to buy again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:19pm On May 31, 2018
This is the joy of stock market...smile grin

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/MDGL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omotee4u2002(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2018
Buy Obd2 Scanner
This is an electronic gadget used for vehicles to check for vehicle faults that could make the vehicle to stop unexpectedly.

1. The tool is called Obd scanner
2. It is connected to the DLc connector of your vehicle which is most times under the vehicle starring.
3. The gadget works with your Android phone. The application can be downloaded from Google play store or copied from the CD attached to the scanner.
4. You can use it as a vehicle fault checker, Map reader, for vehicle speed limiter, vehicle realtime viewer and a whole lot more.
Benefits of the scanner
1. It is a cost saver, if you scan your vehicle at a mechanic workshop you pay BTW 3k- 4k for a one time scan. But this gadget can last forever.
2. It saves you from unnecessary disappointment from your vehicle cos fault are noticed on time
3. Mechanics would not damage your vehicle through their guess work.

Contact me on whatsapp on 08052776342

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 31, 2018
sellydion:
@wanajo, Rabbideoracle

One of my office Oga patapata need advice in buying MTN shares on private placement.

What is your opinion? Kindly help out.

Forgerrit.

I don't buy IPO.

Once it is listed, I will wait for it. After releasing results for 2 years, we will know how far.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 31, 2018
sellydion:

Thanks. I mean private placement not IPO ?

I appreciate your contribution.

All join.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:24pm On May 31, 2018
mendes911:

Index closed at about 38.1k (after breaking below 38k during trading).

If index closes below 38k tomorrow, we might be headed for 36k levels.

Where is Peter self?

this exactly reason i said 2morrow (start of a new month) market is the key

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:37pm On May 31, 2018
how can you plan to enter mkt when you see chart looking like this? i hope there is magic tomorrow for the shake of my ppl money

cc fxuser

grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 31, 2018
currentprice:
how can you plan to enter mkt when you see chart looking like this? i hope there is magic tomorrow for the shake of my ppl money

cc fxuser

grin grin grin

The big caps are leading the fall in the index. Over 1,300 points lost today. Very interesting.

I believe there will be selective gains in some stocks as the index falls.

There may be a reversal tomorrow. Next week is the major determinant if the bear will persist.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

The big caps are leading the fall in the index. Over 1,300 points lost today. Very interesting.

I believe there will be selective gains in some stocks as the index falls.

There may be a reversal tomorrow. Next week is the major determinant if the bear will persist.

yesterday's data was omitted
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2018
Deal: Standard Bank pays N61 billion to Mahtani Brothers for additional stake in Stanbic IBTC.

By Nairametrics - May 31, 2018

Standard Bank Group the parent company of Stanbic IBTC has announced a further acquisition of 1,141,191,943 of its Nigerian Subsidiary.

This represents an 11.35% jump in the bank’s equity taking its ownership stake in the bank to 64.4%.from 53.09%. Stanbic held about 53.02% at the end of 2016.

Meanwhile, First Century Limited, the second largest single shareholder of the company owned 7.61% of the company. Being an off-market transaction, it is likely that there was a shareholder(s) who may have sold to Standard Bank.

Scoop
Stanbic did not name who sold its stake in the transaction. However, considering the size of the transaction we have reasons to believe that it could be First Century Limited selling off their stake in the bank.
The offer price was not officially disclosed but we understand it was around N53.75 generating a massive purchase consideration of about N61.3 billion.
Rencap is thought to have handled the sell side transaction of the deal.

Who is behind First Century
First Century International is owned by the Mahtani brothers. They also own Churchgate Nigeria Limited.
It is also likely that they owned the balance 3.7% via another entity which they need not disclose because it is not up to the mandatory 5% required for public disclosure.

Recall the Mahtani brothers were thought to be the minority shareholders at the centre of the Financial reporting investigation against Stanbic in 2015.
The brothers are currently in a heated court battle with Union Bank over a $68 million allegedly borrowed and to be used to finance the so-called Nigeria’s First World Trade Centre.

Mr. Bhagwan Mahtani served as Non-Executive Director of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. from 2005 to 2010. His brother Mr. Ratan remained as a director of the bank.

Stanbic Share price
Stanbic IBTC share price has gained about 81% in the last one year and has been one of the best performing banking stock.

It hit a year high of N50 in March 2017 coming on the back of a multi-period low of about N14 a year earlier.
Stanbic IBTC share price

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 8:59pm On May 31, 2018
Today i sent some documents to Dubai using DHL at #20,700...the lady even told me if i want to send to Brazil and other latin American countries,it is #42,000. I have been thinking...kai...these people make a lot of money here but are not listed..DHL,UPS...Only Redstar is listed and is doing well...what is wrong with us?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:21am On Jun 01, 2018
house pls advice oo, do I need to fill another e- dividend mandate for stocks I sold with previous broker as I have opened another accounts with Morgan capital then buying the same stock I sold with previous broker where I had already filled e- dividend mandate and was working. Eg sold zenith with previous broker and buying again with Morgan capital. Kind advice pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:17am On Jun 01, 2018
aremso:
house pls advice oo, do I need to fill another e- dividend mandate for stocks I sold with previous broker as I have opened another accounts with Morgan capital then buying the same stock I sold with previous broker where I had already filled e- dividend mandate and was working. Eg sold zenith with previous broker and buying again with Morgan capital. Kind advice pls

If you are still using the same CHN, no need
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2018
WAPCO, the 3Euro stock closed at 34.80 yesterday, and its not done falling. Hmmm e be like say person fit get this one at 20.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2018
MSCI MOVEMENT FOR 31 MAY 2018

For the 1st time in about 3 weeks. The fund bought some while selling continues on others.

The buyers are about coming back but will be with caution. One can see improvement in volumes traded. Can we see the contribution of the big money in the market!!!

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2018
yok:

For the 1st time in about 3 weeks. The fund bought some while selling continues on others.

The buyers are about coming back but will be with caution. One can see improvement in volumes traded. Can we see the contribution of the big money in the market!!!

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.

By the time you are certain they are back, some stocks don climb 30%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:08am On Jun 01, 2018
yok:

Let's see if they will not come and sell same stocks today.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:09am On Jun 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

aremso:
[quote author=Agbalowomeri post=68070683]

Please what is the cost of processing e-dividend mandate?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:26am On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=phemmie06 post=68071625][/quote]

Does it have any cost? Thought it was free
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=phemmie06 post=68071625][/quote]

freeeeeee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2018
... WANT TO HAVE INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST AND GOD ...

www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/13#68072810

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2018
aremso:

freeeeeee
Agbalowomeri:

Does it have any cost? Thought it was free
aremso:

freeeeeee
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

please how can I go about it to ensure the my formal CHN is been used for the stocks that will be bought via Morgan capital, pls have in my that Morgan capital opened another account with new cscs and CHN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2018
aremso:

please how can I go about it to ensure the my formal CHN is been used for the stocks that will be bought via Morgan capital, pls have in my that Morgan capital opened another account with new cscs and CHN

I think it's already late, they should have opened the new account with the old CHN. Just do another e-dividend mandate

(1) (2) (3) ... (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) ... (7799) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lancee(m), Adinije(f), essentialone(m), dangle, Agbalowomeri, crownprince2017, sirrotex, congi(m), Mpeace(m), Jerekre(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.