Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10897702 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) (5671) (5672) ... (7755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Seunn11: 10:00pm On May 18, 2020
Good evening valuable members of this forum.
I hope that you are doing well.
If you have any grievance of any kind and of any source, please share it here for us to deliberate on.
For your information, Wema delivered. The dividend has been paid.

Have a good night rest.

Regards,
Class Captain

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:00pm On May 18, 2020
meine:
Did he put a gun to your head to buy the stock or not to buy? Why didnt you do your own due diligence? What of correct predictions hw has made in the past? To slap people like you just dey hungry me.

The thing taya me ooo

Due diligence is always encouraged here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:07pm On May 18, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol. I just gentle ni. grin
The range is relatively stable and it's a bit better cos there are records of quite a number of greens; no panic or massive dumping.

Lance, did you see Zenith? Still closed a bit higher (15.50) despite the ranging and offers.....na so e go waka slowly reach 16 and keep moving, barring any unforeseen situation again. smiley

Yes I saw it mcy56 ..see the funny pattern the thing dey use waka small small ..till its get to 16..no wicked dumpers for now ..brent looking good as well

Intresting week ..watching

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MssRose(f): 10:10pm On May 18, 2020
Well, I think some people are on a deliberate mission to shut valuable contributors up so as the achieve their personal interests. It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:12pm On May 18, 2020
sellydion:
I have learnt not to follow any news that is not backed with figures, I am contented with miss oppourtunities. than tell stories that touch the heart. grin

I bought UACN at N7, waiting to have long time and enjoy unbundling

After they released result in January 2019, I quickly sold it at N9, because the figures and unbundling were not convincing to me.

I just japaa, without looking back.

I may look into them after the unbundling with improved profits for at least 2 consistent quaters
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anjilgreat(f): 10:24pm On May 18, 2020
talk2me2:
Oga you can no longer mislead me the way you did during the Cement company merger that produce the BUA Cement. Because I listened to you that was why I missed out on the deal that would have given me about 100% of my investment.

I wonder what you stand to gain by miss directing people that took you as there mentor.

This your statement is the reason why some persons have stopped recommending Stock Picks here. What happened to doing your due dilligence.

The matured and reasonable thing to do when you miss such or any Investment opportunities is to take personal responsibility and learn one or two lessons from it and move on not to find who to blame. This makes you a better investor: I am a better investor today because of some lessons I have learnt from my Investment experiences , either good or bad!

Selah!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2020
BrokerHaruna:

UAC was actually on it's way to 1 naira when they suddenly came up with the dubious hype of unbundling and restructuring. This company reminds one of Oando.

The ETI you were marketing when it was Trading at N8 what is the price now

For the newbies I repeat UACN will be the BARGAIN of the CENTURY.
Same way we market DANFLOUR in 2018 and
UNONDAC in 2019

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2020
ukay2:

I bought UACN at N7, waiting to have long time and enjoy unbundling

After they released result in January 2019, I quickly sold it at N9, because the figures and unbundling were not convincing to me.

I just japaa, without looking back.

I may look into them after the unbundling with improved profits for at least 2 consistent quaters

Doc you are scared of buying UACN at N7 but you are comfortable buying UPDC REIT that they willl a freebie after UNBUNDLING at N3.50k grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 11:02pm On May 18, 2020
talk2me2:
Oga you can no longer mislead me the way you did during the Cement company merger that produce the BUA Cement. Because I listened to you that was why I missed out on the deal that would have given me about 100% of my investment.

I wonder what you stand to gain by miss directing people that took you as there mentor.

Oh boy go and get ready to trade/ invest then come back when you are really ready.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 18, 2020
talk2me2:

which hole did this one crawl out from again

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:06pm On May 18, 2020
talk2me2:

I searched for my reply to Oga Rebekah on 4th Dec 2019 so I can make reference to it concerning this bua cement. See it below:
Mcy56:

Analysis paralysis lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Na joke o. grin
Me I don secure Afolabi units for ccnn, make we see how e go go.

Your bad feelings was understandable considering the huge gain Nsempas missed out on ccnn/bua cement merger. As for me I was determined to take risk and make ccnn 100% of my portfolio that time but I was busy doing jijo first, and it turned out that they suddenly placed restriction on the share sale, it turned out that the small units in my portfolio was showing over 150% gain, it could be painful.......but pls let it go, what if it had gone the other way round and it happened that Pa Emma was able to save us huge loss? Also note that he also missed out of the goodies, which made his view not a misled afterall.

Seems many people here did not see the gain coming. I saw it, was confused with the comments but ready to take the risk and responsibility for the action however it comes out to be.

In essence, I'm saying few people including me, spoke in favour of the merger, some took the risk and some did not.
In confused situation, I think 50-50 should be applied depending on your due diligence and you must be ready to take responsibility for your actions too. Lets not discourage those who are helpful on this thread from sharing their views. No vex.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 18, 2020
MssRose:
Well, I think some people are on a deliberate mission to shut valuable contributors up so as the achieve their personal interests. It is well.
I think I agree with you here.They keep creating different moniker for thr evil plans.I just wish thr is a way to identify multiple individual in this thread.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 11:17pm On May 18, 2020
Good evening family, please I want you to explain a concept to me.

For example, if I purchased 1000 units of a stock @10. Then the price dropped to #8. Like how many units do I need to buy more to benefit from the law of averaging?

2. If bought @10 and now price moved to #12. Is it advisable to add to such stock? Will the law of average still apply? And like how many units is to be bought more?

Apostle @seyisanya once touched it but not in detail.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 11:23pm On May 18, 2020
talk2me2:

Please go and take your drug. It seems you are in the clique of the "evil men " of this forum with the sole sinister aim of winding up this beautiful and enriching forum with selfless contributors. May God have mercy on your soul
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MssRose(f): 11:33pm On May 18, 2020
Biafran4life:
I think I agree with you here.They keep creating different moniker for thr evil plans.I just wish thr is a way to identify multiple individual in this thread.
Even the best analyst cannot get it right 100% always so why will someone blame others for their actions or inaction if there is no ulterior motives. Personally I have few units of UACN and I have no intention of selling for now, let's see how it goes, if I gain I enjoy my loot and if I lose I count my loss and move on. Shikina

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:43pm On May 18, 2020
RichEstate:
For example, if I purchased 1000 units of a stock @10. Then the price dropped to #8. Like how many units do I need to buy more to benefit from the law of averaging?

2. If bought @10 and now price moved to #12. Is it advisable to add to such stock? Will the law of average still apply? And like how many units is to be bought more?.
1. The first question is called averaging down.
* Go to page 5380, search for a post from jejebabaa with one small table.

* Page 3837, a post from fxuser ...... Breakeven wahala with percentage table.....do some calculations and come up with some figures on 1000units.

*Someone actually gave a comprehensive breakdown in figures but cant lay hands on it now. Anyone with such table should pls share again.

2. Second question is called averaging up. U can add to the stock when price is going up depending on the vital or insider info at your disposal.
Maths teachers should assist with calculations here. grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 12:05am On May 19, 2020
My madam at the top, you are doing well o. Ayam loyal to your ministry.
Mcy56:

1. The first question is called averaging down.
* Go to page 5380, search for a post from jejebabaa with one small table.

* Page 3837, a post from fxuser ...... Breakeven wahala with percentage table.....do some calculations and come up with some figures on 1000units.

*Someone actually gave a comprehensive breakdown in figures but cant lay hands on it now. Anyone with such table should pls share again.

2. Second question is called averaging up. U can add to the stock when price is going up depending on the vital or insider info at your disposal.
Maths teachers should assist with calculations here. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 12:44am On May 19, 2020
Thanks Mcy for being accurate about the page.
Jejebabaa:
Hmmmmmmmn, it's well.
% needed to breakeven from a loss. I cant remember the book I made the screenshot from, else I would have reference the source.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:40am On May 19, 2020
People make big money buying fake products and selling same at inflated prices through packaging and advertisement, the problem is with the continuity and sustainability of that type of money

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 4:50am On May 19, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
People make big money buying fake products and selling same at inflated prices through packaging and advertisement, the problem is with the continuity and sustainability of that type of money

Good Talk BABA!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kayuscares4u(m): 5:45am On May 19, 2020
My gurus in the house, Pls I can someone tell me the steps I will need to take if I want to start trading Nigeria stocks online as a starter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:48am On May 19, 2020
Let us never forget that The market is just a place where we rate management for their actions, not just corporate management but The country's management............ That's why when I see bargains I dive in fully red blooded and hope for the best......
In recent past,tiger brands/Dangote flour sold as low as 0.80k, but on the announcement of The buy back by Dangote, it ranged #2 to #4, finally Olam acquired Dangotr flour for #23+, No body in his right mind would but Dangote Flour for #20 going by the numbers they churn out during the period ............when Pz sold Ribena to sunti they gave a special dividend of #7, Forte oil sold to Ardova for #60+,Wigwe compensated Diamond holders very well, Calcre cleared Wapcos debt books by buying in @ #44............I as a retail investor can only see thus far, I just pray that being the grass under which two big elephant are fighting, that as they fight they can as well poop very well on me for my nourishment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dinyelutochukwu: 6:39am On May 19, 2020
talk2me2:

Let me paint a picture of what stupidity looks like with this your inordinate post. Only a tone deaf, uneven, obtuse, maddeningly dumb clunker and benightedly lifeless microcephalic will come up with such a verdict against Pa Emmanuelwunmi.

What are you in the scheme of things really? What value do you bring? Nothing, I guess!

Entitlement is a delusion built on self-centeredness and laziness. You are the captain of your portfolio. Man up and take responsibility for your actions/inactions.

This campaign of calumny against our trusted/valuable contributors on NSEMPA has to be nipped in the bud. Else, we would all wake up one day to find this place desolate.

Pa Emmanuelwunmi, I apologize on behalf of the Buffon (talk2me2), please continue to be unapologetic about sharing your views, it is incumbent upon everyone of us to do our due diligence before taking any investment decisions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:49am On May 19, 2020
maishai:
Let us never forget that The market is just a place where we rate management for their actions, not just corporate management but The country's management............ That's why when I see bargains I dive in fully red blooded and hope for the best......
In recent past,tiger brands/Dangote flour sold as low as 0.80k, but on the announcement of The buy back by Dangote, it ranged #2 to #4, finally Olam acquired Dangotr flour for #23+, No body in his right mind would but Dangote Flour for #20 going by the numbers they churn out during the period ............when Pz sold Ribena to sunti they gave a special dividend of #7, Forte oil sold to Ardova for #60+,Wigwe compensated Diamond holders very well, Calcre cleared Wapcos debt books by buying in @ #44............I as a retail investor can only see thus far, I just pray that being the grass under which two big elephant are fighting, that as they fight they can as well poop very well on me for my nourishment

GSK sold Ribena and gave a special dividend of N7.00, not PZ as you reported .

If Olams could buy Dangote Flour for N24.00, what does that tell you about Flour Mills.

I think we need corporate raiders in Nigeria, who will use proxy wars to make corporate managers sit up, create value to shareholders and in the worst case scenarios take over the management of the company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 6:54am On May 19, 2020
sellydion:
The question is, who will sell MTN at .20K and buy UPDCREIT at N10 grin
For your information UPDCREIT did their IPO @ N10 per unit and it also trade around that region for some time before it started crashing. Don't forget that the market has its own mind and anything is possible on the NSE. Besides the equity per unit of UPDCREIT is over 12 naira. That means despite the current market price of UPDCREIT, if any company or the core investor decides tomorrow to buy out the rest of the unitholders, they will not pay anything less than 12 naira per unit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 7:02am On May 19, 2020
talk2me2:

I think it's unfair, As a newbie, I had some good units of neimeth as of last week. I sold off when I heard about the money-grabbing-health-sector. That post created room for reasonable doubt and I sold off. Today it's in the 70s, you don't see me attacking another... NSEmpa is invaluable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:02am On May 19, 2020
When a stock is listed at an inflated price, the stock price will obey the laws of gravity when the figures do not support the valuation of the stock price...

That was what happened to UPDC REIT when it was listed at N10.00 about 8 years ago.

I just started buying the stock some few months ago, the current price is not bad but I think Zenith bank and some other stocks are still cheaper than UPDC REIT.

The market capitalisation of UPDC REIT is about N6 billion, while the real estate portfolio of the REIT is worth over N20 billion, the money market Investments and cash of the REIT is over N2 billion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 7:04am On May 19, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 7:10am On May 19, 2020
talk2me2:
Guy I from the very moment I saw this your post I quickly moved into research about UACN. Here are my findings:

UACN has 2,881,296,580 ordinary shares of 50k each.
UPDC has 18.462billion ordinary shares of 50k each after the right issue.
Accordig to reuters.com UACN now own 93.9% or 17.34 billion shares of UPDC. When UACN unbundles UPDC, the 17.34B shares will be alloted pro rata to the shareholders of uacn i.e 17.34b ÷ 2.88b = 6 shares of updc for 1 share of uacn held.

In addition, UPDCREIT has 2,668,269,500 units of N10 each.
UPDC own 61.5 % or 1,640,985,742 units of UPDCREIT.
And uacn own 93.9% or 1,540,885,611 units of updcreit.
the pro rata means 1.54b ÷ 2.88b = 0.53 unit for 1 share of uacn held. Now let's multiply 0.53 by 2 = 1.06 or 1 unit of updcreit for ever 2 shares of uacn.

SUMMARY
THEREFORE, FOR EVERY TWO SHARES OF UACN THAT SHAREHOLDER HAD THEY WILL RECEIVE ONE UNIT OF 10 NAIRA EACH OF UPDCREIT AND TWELVE SHARES OF UPDC AS BONUS SHARES.

OGA YOUR HEAD IS CORRECT. grin cheesy

I have already made UACN the 65 % of my portfolio, hoping to add more before the unbundlings finally take place in July.

We are making alot of money this year. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:14am On May 19, 2020
We invest based on the integrity and competence of management.

If asked to choose between integrity and competence, I will choose integrity.

A management with integrity and no competence, will still make money for Investors to an extent.

But a management with competence without integrity , will make us loses our money and the business will become seriously invested.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 7:29am On May 19, 2020
Mcy56:

I searched for my reply to Oga Rebekah on 4th Dec 2019 so I can make reference to it concerning this bua cement. See it below:

Your bad feelings was understandable considering the huge gain Nsempas missed out on ccnn/bua cement merger. As for me I was determined to take risk and make ccnn 100% of my portfolio that time but I was busy doing jijo first, and it turned out that they suddenly placed restriction on the share sale, it turned out that the small units in my portfolio was showing over 150% gain, it could be painful.......but pls let it go, what if it had gone the other way round and it happened that Pa Emma was able to save us huge loss? Also note that he also missed out of the goodies, which made his view not a misled afterall.

Seems many people here did not see the gain coming. I saw it, was confused with the comments but ready to take the risk and responsibility for the action however it comes out to be.

In essence, I'm saying few people including me, spoke in favour of the merger, some took the risk and some did not.
In confused situation, I think 50-50 should be applied depending on your due diligence and you must be ready to take responsibility for your actions too. Lets not discourage those who are helpful on this thread from sharing their views. No vex.
The same way many will miss out on this UACN unbundling thing because of analysis paralysis
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2020
I remember when Access Bank was quite smaller than this, sometimes around 2905 or thereabout they made a hostile takeover bid for the defunct Afribank and were buying the shares of the company on the floor to the extent of having 5% ownership of the bank. Management made a complaint to SEC, NSE and CBN, and they were made to sell back their shares. At this time management did not own 5% of the company. While Access Bank was mopping up the shares of Afribank on floor the share price was gaining.

About 6 months after the failed hostile takeover bid of Afribank by Access Bank. Access Bank launched another hostile takeover bid for Union Bank. But the erstwhile CEO Barth
Ebong, defended Access Bank bid by releasing tens of billions of Naira to Ololo a popular Stockbrokers to help manage the stock price of Union Bank, make the shares unavailable on the floor. At the end of the day, Access Bank was frustrated out of the money.

When a stock price is artificial, it will always obey the laws of gravity. When Access bank halted their take over bid of Union Bank , the stock price started crashing Ololo became indebted to the tune of over N100 billion which he could not pay back

At the end of the day both Afribank and Union bank became distressed. The defunct Skye Bank acquired Afribank and shareholders lost money and had shareholding dilutions. Another core Investor had to rescue Union Bank by recapitalised the bank, shareholders lost money and also experienced serious shareholding dilutions

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) (5671) (5672) ... (7755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 222Martins(m), lancee(m), 2zona(m), ndept, egojeny1(f), Omooloriredade, leparj(m), SA44LA44(m), robobo, tijany130(m), Princkez, Jonwest, handsomebolanle, customstreet, ExpertDealer, Adinije(f), crownprince2017, sterlingD(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.