Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,819 members, 7,848,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11019454 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (7799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
feelamong:

BEEN WAITING AT N8 JUNCTION!!

disclosure; I earlier bought at N9.8

Thats why nobody can actually time the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
Born2berich:

Thats why nobody can actually time the market.
@#5 0r #6.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
If it drop to 8naira again I will buy more....I bought 500,000units at 10naira and this week I bought 67,000units at 9naira....I believe buying between 10,9 or 8naira is a good price for long term investment in FBN shares.......When you compare to people who bought at 21naira......

feelamong:

BEEN WAITING AT N8 JUNCTION!!

disclosure; I earlier bought at N9.8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
SWG1:

U will be held by this comment when the time comes. No one can time the market or economic crisis. All u could do is buy a stock u perceive is selling at great discount and has good track record and fundamental. Who would have known that Pz would recorver and be selling at it's present price after that disheartening plunge.

#NSE turning into a gambling den
what of, if you will be the one to testify about what I have said, when that time come. It is only the insiders, those at the helm of their company affairs that knows about their company, most of the stock you think of having good fundamental, their fundamental basis are no longer strong, many things we see in this country are only on paper and fake, not the truth fact of the company record. Main while, I still maintains that, the best time to buy is next year february and march.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Chibuking81:
what of, if you will be the one to testify about what I have said, when that time come. it is only the insiders, those at the helm of their company affairs that knows about their company, most of the stock you think that are fundamental are not, many things we see in this country are only on paper and fake, not the truth fact of the company record. Main while, I still maintains that, the best time to buy is next year february and march.

Sir maybe u re part of the insiders ; grin u re saying it with authourity that feb and march is the best time to buy

Is it possible for anyone to time the market ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Chibuking81:
you can vist my post in page 427 on 16 september 2014, also october 17 and 18, November 6,8,16,19 and many others. Best time to buy is next year, between january ending, February and March.
What of if they get to your bus stop now cant you buy now?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
angelo82:
If it drop to 8naira again I will buy more....I bought 500,000units at 10naira and this week I bought 67,000units at 9naira....I believe buying between 10,9 or 8naira is a good price for long term investment in FBN shares.......When you compare to people who bought at 21naira......

thats right bro, been buying this stock since it hit below N9 AND STILL BUYING MORE.

plz this is not a recommendation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alajimeche: 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
MERISTEM SECURITIES DOMAIN NAME HAS EXPIRED. (http://www.meristemng.com/). This should not happen. Some one should be on it ASAP and ensure the pay their subscription and bring it up again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
angelo82:
From the little that I know about FBN shares,majority of the people holding their shares won't sell them and First Registrars knows that........They even complain in one of their articles......

But there are so many offers for the stock. They need not consider that if they really want to repurchase some of their shares. Investors are happy to hear an announcement of share buyback because it will add value to their holdings.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
ihedioramma:
What of if they get to your bus stop now cant you buy now?
I will not buy now, better still I will not buy this year, because those closer to ground (50k) will touch ground first and stop, while those far off will be approaching the ground, and I shall wait for them come next year, because those stock will be the first to pick and move faster to the northern pole.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
Only traders will like FBN share buyback but majority holders of FBN shares are long term investors who seriously believe in them.....Why do you think I am buying more FBN shares than the rest....Because I believe in their stock and share buy back to them will affect principle of FBN as it can create manipulative loophole...Their stock is not doing bad but responding to market realities beyond the control of FBN and I guess the right thing to do is to weather the storm.....Share buy back does not fit their stock.....I am planning to mop up to 2 Million units and I can't try that with most stocks listed on NSE.........

Elai147:

But there are so many offers for the stock. They need not consider that if they really want to repurchase some of their shares. Investors are happy to hear an announcement of share buyback because it will add value to their holdings.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Chibuking81:
I will not buy now, better still I will not buy this year, because those closer to ground (50k) will touch ground first and stop, while those far off will be approaching the ground, and I shall wait for them come next year, because those stock will be the first to pick and move faster to the northern pole.
understand am with you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
feelamong:

YEA!! AM OUT!! THANK YOU COWBOYS FOR THE WONDERFUL XMAS GIFT!!

4 baggers!

#SittingPretty
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
Seplat being caned!

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Elai147:

So why are they not announcing a share buy-back if they feel the stock is undervalued? Could it be that the coy itself is scared of the NSE? Perhaps, there are better things to do with funds than buying back their own shares.

Like I insinuated earlier, it appears these guys do not believe in their own story!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Morgan Capital said real value of SEPLAT is 173

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 6:23am On Dec 11, 2014
bigjay01:

Like I insinuated earlier, it appears these guys do not believe in their own story!

I own some FBN Shares also and am not selling, am buying more when I have more cash.

I do not think buying back is the way to go, let the stock find its level considering the present circumstances. If there is ever a chance of a takeover, they can go ahead and buy back.

If I were a company that sold shares at good prices over the years and the price falls and I know it may fall lower, I won't buy back till it has gotten to a level I think it is the lowest I will like to see. Why buy a billion shares @9 naira when I can buy it @5naira or even 50kobo like the fantasies some people have been having. And if the price rises all good for them also.

Cash is always king especially for the companies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2014
bigass:
Morgan Capital said real value of SEPLAT is 173
i will put it at 150. Which oil and gas company in nigerha is above 150?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2014
2cato:
I put it at #55,selling at above that is well planned sophisticated maffian game.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2014
Only speculators will wish for a buy back of FBN share...........The reasons why bank stocks are falling are many and complicated and until those reasons ease,then the prices will rise.......Do you believe that PFA couldn't invest in Holdcos which affected few banks like FBN since most PFA will prefer to invest for long term especially in FBN shares but they have been barred by law.....The good thing is that a new law has been made which will allow PFA to invest in Holdcos like FBN from Feb. 2015,so expect the share price of FBN going up again......PFAs has a lot of money to invest.....

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/first-bank-sees-upside-in-stock-price-on-pfa-buying/#.VInzeYs-BAY

Also check a link about various reasons why stocks are falling........

http://www.punchng.com/business/am-business/why-the-nigerian-stock-market-is-falling/

carpenter:

I own some FBN Shares also and am not selling, am buying more when I have more cash.

I do not think buying back is the way to go, let the stock find its level considering the present circumstances. If there is ever a chance of a takeover, they can go ahead and buy back.

If I were a company that sold shares at good prices over the years and the price falls and I know it may fall lower, I won't buy back till it has gotten to a level I think it is the lowest I will like to see. Why buy a billion shares @9 naira when I can buy it @5naira or even 50kobo like the fantasies some people have been having. And if the price rises all good for them also.

Cash is always king especially for the companies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2014
alajimeche:
MERISTEM SECURITIES DOMAIN NAME HAS EXPIRED. (http://www.meristemng.com/). This should not happen. Some one should be on it ASAP and ensure the pay their subscription and bring it up again.
http://meristemstockbrokers.com/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2014
2cato:

Kindly shed more light on how you arrived at the N150 valuation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2014
immanuello:
I put it at #55,selling at above that is well planned sophisticated maffian game.

Please I need your help. Ignorance can be very costly. I would like you to share how you arrived at your N55 valuation also (@2Cato put it at N150). I do not want to be taken for a ride by these Mafias you mentioned.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2014
kotlass:

my brother stock valuation is a very difficvlt thing i remeber nacho and oando selling up to 80naira b4 2008 stock crash and have never risen up to such figure again. Now when seplat came i remeber i said something with my other username redoil that these people ar nothing but scamars who had already pump and want to pump it more and dump it on innocent people. Yawa don gass and it is dropping like a pack of card never to rise up to N350 again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2014
kotlass:

i will suggest you be patient and wait till the last week of january b4 you make any decision whether to buy maybe by then the real price of the stock will be there for you to enter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
angelo82:
Only traders will like FBN share buyback but majority holders of FBN shares are long term investors who seriously believe in them.....Why do you think I am buying more FBN shares than the rest....Because I believe in their stock and share buy back to them will affect principle of FBN as it can create manipulative loophole...Their stock is not doing bad but responding to market realities beyond the control of FBN and I guess the right thing to do is to weather the storm.....Share buy back does not fit their stock.....I am planning to mop up to 2 Million units and I can't try that with most stocks listed on NSE.........

@angelo, share buyback is as beneficial to the company itself as it is to the shareholders. Companies may use market downturn as an opportunity to buy back some of thier shares which will create an incentive for investors to have more confidence in them. Whether the buyback is for manipulative reasons or not, at least, making such announcement shows the company believes the stock is cheap. How does buyback affect the principle of FBN shares? Maybe they are waiting for it to get to 50 kobo before they buy as suggested by @carpenter. But I think Nigerian companies are scared of buying back their shares, even if the stocks get to 0.50

@All, those that are moping up banking stocks for long term should consider imminent share reconstruction in this sector. Some share reconstructions can be very beneficial (e.g. Stanbic) while some can be detrimental to investment portfolio (e.g ETI). This is not to scare anyone but to create awareness / reminder.

Note: I will be buying one or more banking stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
nawao ... obara obara ebenile
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
chukyjones:

obara obara ebe nile.
o na-afiotu!

I will reconsider d mkt during or after elections next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
Elai147:

@angelo, share buyback is as beneficial to the company itself as it is to the shareholders. Companies may use market downturn as an opportunity to buy back some of thier shares which will create an incentive for investors to have more confidence in them. Whether the buyback is for manipulative reasons or not, at least, making such announcement shows the company believes the stock is cheap. How does buyback affect the principle of FBN shares? Maybe they are waiting for it to get to 50 kobo before they buy as suggested by @carpenter. But I think Nigerian companies are scared of buying back their shares, even if the stocks get to 0.50

@All, those that are moping up banking stocks for long term should consider imminent share reconstruction in this sector. Some share reconstructions can be very beneficial (e.g. Stanbic) while some can be detrimental to investment portfolio (e.g ETI). This is not to scare anyone but to create awareness / reminder.

Note: I will be buying one or more banking stocks.

Sir i rem ETI , that was when they took over oceanic , has uba or fbnh , gtb had any share reconstruction recently?
I will be buying some next month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
chukyjones:

Nna ehn! O di egu o!

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dexterax, you're sighted man! Good to know you're still alive.

I be think say NSE wahala don hol you well.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (7799) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: floydmayweather and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.