Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898177 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5946) (5947) (5948) (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

FTN cocoa should be delisted. Is that firm still alive?

Agricultural stocks will need to sell off later. I foresee Okomu at N35 and PRESCO at between N25 to N28. Just tread carefully.

Sir,
When will these happened?

Am waiting for these prices cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dsticks47(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
How fast can you solve this
easy riddle?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
jamace:

Dry bones do rise again....One serious investor can change the destiny of Ftncocoa.... I have a dream.. grin
Some stocks are better included as part of WILL for great grand children grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
Dsticks47:
easy riddle?

N2000

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
jamace:

IMPOSSIBLE = I'M POSSIBLE .....I have a dream.

I pray the dream will become a reality in your life time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Valueinvestor:

Some stocks are better included as part of WILL for great grand children grin

All assets and Investments should be included in your will
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It is just N1,000.
OBAGADAFFI:

N2000

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

FTN cocoa should be delisted. Is that firm still alive?

Agricultural stocks will need to sell off later. I foresee Okomu at N35 and PRESCO at between N25 to N28. Just tread carefully.

...this one na Gut Analysis o!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
jamace:
Whenever I look at PRESCO and OKOMU, I use to have hope that one day FtnCocoa will be like them. .....I have a dream. grin grin

Wishful thinking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
rebekah2011:
Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It is just N1,000.

Lol, from the store

He stole 1000(cash)
Bought goods worth 700
Collected change of 300(cash)

The store owner lost
N1300 in cash
N700 worth of goods
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Lol, from the store

He stole 1000(cash)
Bought goods worth 700

The store owner lost
N1300 in cash
N700 worth of goods

It's N1,000

He went home with N700 goods and N300 change only grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
ukay2:

It's N1,000

He went home with N700 goods and N300 change only grin

Lol, i get it now

N700 goods and N300 change, replced the N1000 he stole
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Lol, from the store

He stole 1000(cash)
Bought goods worth 700

The store owner lost
N1300 in cash
N700 worth of goods

Yes if he stole the 1k from the store
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Dsticks47:
easy riddle?
The owner lost #300 naira only since the question mentioned money and not goods.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Stocks with new 52 week highs
Ftn cocoa #0.22k
NNFM #4.50k
Upl #1.49k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Biafran4life:
The owner lost #300 naira only since the question mentioned money and not goods.
See technicality, abeg. grin Bro, you be lawyer? grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kayuscares4u(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2020
Pls I want to know how I can withdraw funds from my MorganCapital account after the sale of stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BrokerHaruna: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2020
Watch out for Guinness. May touch 45 within 1yr

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

All assets and Investments should be included in your will
Absolutely sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 7:52am On Aug 27, 2020
kayuscares4u:
Pls I want to know how I can withdraw funds from my MorganCapital account after the sale of stocks.
Just send them an e mail stating the amount you want to withdraw

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

OKOMU, PRESCO and FTN cocoa in one line?
Reminds me of that song by Abba wink cheesy grin
...lyrics;

"I have a dream, a FANTASY
To help me through... reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream - I have a dream"

But I just don't know if there's SOMETHING GOOD to see in FTN at the moment or if indeed there are ANGELS lurking around !!
Just hope that those wishing to take that DESTINATION wouldn't experience that part in bold. wink cheesy grin

...caution.

Regards

Dont think so...
CPO is used by the rich and poor...
We still have other food and hygiene based products(largely oil palm based)...
Basically Domestic demand is high...
Downside is only if FG open the borders for coys to import...
We know the stance of PMB on border closure....
For now.. I am bullish on Presco...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2020
Valueinvestor:

Just send them an e mail stating the amount you want to withdraw

Oh perhaps that's one of meristem's strength, with their app you can withdraw easily. I am surprised Morgan does not have such option?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

In valuing an asset using the DCF method, the KEY to EFFECTIVE PRICING lies in;

1) The discount rate. ...what u intend to rake-off from the proposed investment in lieu of future risk.(benchmark of present to future value of money in view)
2) The growth rate. ...how u perceive of the coy looking into the future(efficiency in view)

With the 1st, I always advise folks to use a discount rate that beats(@ premium to) the average of the sum of ur surrounding interest rate and inflation rate at the time. That way, u would've factored in all key surrounding risk into ur forecast.
...and a growth rate that's an average of, or a % discount from the assets current FCF growth
If and when a company looks to be undervalued with 0% growth rate, then u surely have more upside than downside.
...which is why u SHOULD use FCF growth rate and NOT that of earnings(EPS). Like I always tell folks; A coys earnings does not tell the whole story. It can always be manipulated.(either up or down)
Alternatively its even better to use C/S growth rate or change in CGPR but not EPS.

To illustrate;
If u use earnings growth rate for an asset with accelerated EPS that resulted from a cycle, a one-off event or an unsustainable rewarding environment(OKOMU and PRESCO comes to mind here), then u certainly would fall into a huge trap.
If u must utilize earnings growth alone, then do a scrutiny on the coy using EM/EPS BOOTSTRAPPING to guage its TRUE earnings power.

When u are done with 1 and 2 above, always use an MoS that's at least 3x ur discount rate. ...and where the business is seasonal, use an MoS of >5x ur discount rate.

If u follow up with the above guide, u'll find that DANGOTE CEMENT' FVE should even be slightly higher than ur estimate(they have cash)
...while a coy like WAPCO should have NO business selling for less than N23.85(assuming zero growth and adjusting for maximum risk) ...else, FVE should compute to N28.10.(They have more than enough cash)

Disclosure: For some genuine reason, the DCF(though ok) is certainly not the best method to value coys in the cement industry.
Otherwise u may not see the IMMENSE POTENTIAL in the coy with the current greatest value proposition in that sector- WAPCO !!

It is well.
Willie2015:

Dont think so...
CPO is used by the rich and poor...
We still have other food and hygiene based products(largely oil palm based)...
Basically Domestic demand is high...
Downside is only if FG open the borders for coys to import...
We know the stance of PMB on border closure....
For now.. I am bullish on Presco...

That means u probably didn't understand the essence of the post. wink cheesy grin
See the post I quoted(from @ jamace) to get a clearer view.

My post was meant to put out the point that one should NOT compare a struggling company like FTN COCOA to heavyweights like OKOMU and PRESCO.
...and that those seeking to align with the 1st(FTN) should apply caution.
Read that post again.

That said, I do agree with Oracle that the prices of OKOMU and PRESCO may be slightly high from a value-investing perspective.
Folks should be cautiously optimistic while buying into them. ...they are merely recipients of the current lapses in the environment. U already mentioned one of them.(border closure)
I stated it clearly in some of my past post here.(see the parts in bold from post above)

Bottom line;
Both(OKOMU and PRESCO) are great coys but just ensure u don't overpay for them !!

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2020
Biafran4life:

Dear the answer is N1,000.
I can sense ur thoughts on why u opted for a N300 answer, but if we have to apply that logic, then we would be assuming that the store owner got that N700 product for free. ...or that he can get a replacement for the one sold for free. wink cheesy grin
Contrarily, he most probably would've paid money to get it, and their are also cost lines(COGS) associated with the sale.
Perhaps his NI(net income) is just N100.(i.e he bought the item for N550 while all cost line per product is N50)
However, he(the store owner) would have to account for that N700 as gross amount in his books.
...so his actual monetary loss is N1,000

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2020
onegentleguy:

That means u probably didn't understand the essence of the post. wink cheesy grin
See the post I quoted(from @ jamace) to get a clearer view.

My post was meant to put out the point that one should NOT compare a struggling company like FTN COCOA to heavyweights like OKOMU and PRESCO.
...and that those seeking to align with the 1st(FTN) should apply caution.

Read that post again.

Ok and Noted
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
What is the going on in UACN, 111million units sold just today. It is well o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
dharpzee:
What is the going on in UACN, 111million units sold just today. It is well o

It is coming to my MOS grin grin grin ;
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Penboy: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
Shey hope they this Nigerian market like this?
Or is it the period??

Portfolio in red ever since.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Penboy:
Or is it the period??

There is no hope

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Penboy:
Or is it the period??

The party is over.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is no hope

It's Buhari. Investors hate him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Penboy:
Or is it the period??

We just have to wait and see.....

The govt policy is just not it at all....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5946) (5947) (5948) (5949) (5950) (5951) (5952) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BullBearMkt(m), stronglink, yeddy99, dapix, ukay2, MrDiligence, Kwibaba(m), Zegra, adamx23(m), phemmie06(m), sky2891, WestPB, janga(m), Streetinvestor2, mails4funshi(m), allabouttolu, ositadima1(m), Adinije(f), Mfunkynation(m), yMcy56(f), chykeking and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.