Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10912048 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6050) (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) ... (7762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2020
Adeyemi0:

This is a nice idea, have you practice on real investment?
I'll try to study this too, though there is time constraint.

U can look into it in ur spare time. I think the returns are positively skewed. Lots of small losing bets with a few large winning ones.

Lol, I have been reading up on kurtosis (fat tails) and skewness of non-normal return distributions. The pros use them to analyze portfolios.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2020
theenchanter:
well done ma. cool
Hello sir. grin
Chai! It pained me small that people that are close to me are among those that missed out of this bull run. sad
Hope you're good. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2020
locodemy:
We saw the handwriting on the wall and remembered Noah's day
locodemy:
grin grin grin
Covid 19 phase2/us election/crude oil price to reflect on volatile Nigerian economy this November.
Q3 results bull already factored in.
Loco, you said two contradictory things on same day? shocked
Don't let me think that you jumped out quickly and to enter at lower prices remains a hard task o. tongue
Like say crude oil skyrocketed in Sept/Oct to have warranted the bull.
Small time, Una go say nah for NSE Trump dey carry his campaign come self. tongue
Lol. Don't mind me. You don see intendy's long list? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2020
ukay2:
Won't be surprised seeing higher heights till end of May 2021....
Lol. Well done Sir. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2020
steveneche:
If I sell all my UBA shares now and rebuy in the future, will it be required of me to fill another e-dividend mandate form to receive dividend?
It's been said here several times, not advisable to sell all.
Leave like 10units. Better to keep to this unwritten rule until our registrars finally gets it right.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Intendy:
Stocks with new 52 week highs
Mansard #2.20k
Fidson #4.18k
NNFM #5.06k
BUA #45.40k
Portland paints #2.71k
Fidelity #2.51k
Livestock feed #0.81k
Total #129.90k
Fcmb #3.13k
Vitafoam #6.65k
Ucap #4.18k
Stanbic ibtc #46.50k
Mtn #144.00k
Well done @intendy.
I'm happy some of the stocks on my watchlist, and which I made so much noise about made this list. Quite some who did 10% by close of biz xtyday.
I felt somehow fulfilled even if I leave Nsempa today or bear comes.
I made noise so teyyyy, spam.bot self baned and later unbanned me. grin
God is good.
Still remain few ones I expected to make this list. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by theenchanter: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mcy56:

Hello sir. grin
Chai! It pained me small that people that are close to me are among those that missed out of this bull run. sad
I told you let's discuss this on mail but you were just not interested. That time would have been a perfect timing to make your entry.
Anyway, It's well. Hope you're good. smiley
wetin be bull run nitori oloun? grin no dabaru my konkolo brain jare. But seriously, if I decide to make an entry, every run will always be a bull run gringringrin whatever it means but I believe it's a chain of positive vibe cheesy

Oya, send me mail explaining the nitty-gritty of this SE that u devote most of ur time on cos the only NSE I know is d Nigerian Super Eagles. grin I might decide to go into it if it looks like a risk I can take and learn from. smiley

Yeah, i'm good... Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mcy56:

Loco, you said two contradictory things on same day? shocked
Don't let me think that you jumped out quickly and to enter at lower prices remains a hard task o. tongue
Like say crude oil skyrocketed in Sept/Oct to have warranted the bull.
Small time, Una go say nah for NSE Trump dey carry his campaign come self. tongue
Lol. Don't mind me. You don see intendy's long lost? grin

I sold and channelled to health sector.Fidson and GSK .These two stocks can withstand coro coro phase2 as it's almost here again.Thats the handwriting on the wall.

For Noah's day,people were drinking and merrying, suddenly,the rain came and people drowned.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
locodemy:

I sold and channelled to health sector.Fidson and GSK .These two stocks can withstand coro coro phase2 as it's almost here again.Thats the handwriting on the wall.

For Noah's day,people were drinking and merrying, suddenly,the rain came and people drowned.
,Pls when did place 1 happen that you are expecting the second in naija.Trump will win election and coro by China will be history....let us keep watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
bigjay01:
Has anyone received his/her Conoil Div?

Not yet o. Not sure the AGM has been held.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
ebuka1997:

Excise duty is killing them

By the time an alcohol friendly regime comes in, I will hand over the beer cartons.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mcy56:

Well done @intendy.
I'm happy some of the stocks on my watchlist, and which I made so much noise about made this list. Quite some who did 10% by close of biz xtyday.
I felt somehow fulfilled even if I leave Nsempa today or bear comes.
I made noise so teyyyy, spam.bot self baned and unbanned me. grin
God is good.
Still remain few ones I expected to make this list. smiley
You don arrange Canadian PR? Like play, like play, na so @mercylicious take leave us and jepa to most Nigerians perceived promised Land.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

Of course, the parent company could decide to buy-out minority holders.
However, my recommendation was strictly based on fundamental analysis.(a deep one though)
With GSK(like NEIMETH back then), only the discerning eyes can see the HIDDEN VALUE !! wink cheesy grin

But if an acquisition/buy-out does happen, then all the better !! ...GSK as I stated here back then, is also on the list of possible candidate/target.
Whatever happens(value proposition through fundamentals or buy-out), it'll most likely be @ a GREAT PREMIUM from the current mkt price.
As I said before, the present mkt price is by far, way too cheap !! Feasible REWARD is clearly making a mockery of risk(RR in view)
If the coy were to be selling for N11.70 or an 8-10.5% discount from that price, then we could begin to attach an intrinsic peg to it, but which(compared to peers) would even still be underpriced.(don't know if u understood this line bro)

I can't fit shout !! wink cheesy grin

It is well.

Noted. I have quoted this reply several times and got suspended each time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sincerelymine: 11:07am On Nov 01, 2020
How will the Drop in crude oil price due to 2nd wave of corona. (Some countries have gone on lockdown again) and the us presidential elections affect the nse?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
theenchanter:
wetin be bull run nitori oloun? grin
Oya, send me mail explaining the nitty-gritty of this SE that u devote most of ur time on cos the only NSE I know is d Nig ;Derian Super Eagles. grin I might decide to go into it if it looks like a risk I can take and learn from. smiley
Yeah, i'm good... Thanks.
You see yourself? grin
No be Nigerian Super Eagles, na Nigerian Sports and Entertainment. grin
I'll try and send you mail explaining the basics with my little knowledge but you'll read a lot as well, I'm sure reading is not an issue to you once you put interest.
Happy New Month! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by theenchanter: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Mcy56:

You see yourself? grin
No be Nigerian Super Eagles, na Nigerian Sports and Entertainment. grin
I'll try and send you mail explaining the basics with my little knowledge but you'll read a lot as well, I'm sure reading is not an issue to you once you put interest.
Happy New Month! cool
don't worry, reading is not a problem. cheesy

Happy New month to u too. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Princkez:
leave at least 1 unit

10 or 100 units abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Princkez:
leave at least 1 unit

10 or 100 units abeg grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
Intendy:
Stock with new 52 week lows

Omatek #0.24k

Stocks with new 52 week highs

Mansard #2.20k

Fidson #4.18k

NNFM #5.06k

BUA #45.40k

Portland paints #2.71k

Fidelity #2.51k

Livestock feed #0.81k

Total #129.90k

Fcmb #3.13k

Vitafoam #6.65k

Ucap #4.18k

Stanbic ibtc #46.50k

Mtn #144.00k

The last 6 stocks...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
theenchanter:
don't worry, reading is not a problem. cheesy
Lol. I know. grin
We see how it goes. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
I remember mentioning Total and @ojeysky was busy talking about oil price.
I'm sure if no one remember BUA, Peterichy should. smiley
It is well.

Caveat: Not any form of advice. Not saying oil price may not have effect on stocks too. Just making reference here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dandollar1: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hello, please can I get Zenith shares at say N19 in the coming weeks and sell sometime in January for a 25-30percent gain? Or which other stock can give me a 30percent gain within the next 2-3months?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cucumbar: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
onegentleguy:
To those who are yet to align with fundamentally sound coys on the bourse, wait no more... key in now !!
If u are waiting for a deep correction, u just might be in the wait for too long and miss out on clear cut-out opportunities !!
Now is that time when the market will tend to make 1-2 step backwards, but follow it up with a 3-4 step forward.(overall trend remains bullish)

Again, now is the time to align with some select coys on the bourse.
With rates in the fixed income space trending down continuously(current peg @ </=0.5%), the policies from the economic front(the CBN' recent spat of guidelines) plus the combination of surging inflation and a depressed rate environment, u do not require the services of a soothsayer to tell u what can happen to high-yield Nigerian assets.
Simply put, the current stand of the Nigerian state is very market-friendly !!

Just ensure to align with the healthy assets/coys.

It is well.
please which coy shares could give me a 25-30 percent returns in the next 2-3 months?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
Just a quick one - From Analysts point of view:

WEEKLY MARKET REVIEW FRIDAY, 30 OCTOBER, 2020
Equity Market: Stocks Rally Strengthens…All Share Index Hits 16-Month High
Stocks surged for yet another week, following an advance of 6.39% WoW to reach 30,530.69 pts, the highest level since 3rd of June (30,930.39 points). Similarly, the market capitalization tracked higher by 6.39% to settle at a record NGN15.95tn. Consequently, the YtD returned entered the double-digits region of +13.7%.

The upbeat posture of the market was broad-based across all the sectors; the Consumer Goods led the pack with a weekly gain of 17.6%. The Banking, Oil and Gas, Industrial Goods, and Insurance sectors also followed suit, with advancements of 9.6%, 8.0%, 7.8%, and 4.3%. The burst of stellar third quarter earnings excited investors as well as the unimpressive PMA T-Bills results which spurred strong bargain hunting in heavily weighed counters, hence achieving the biggest weekly stride in 28 weeks (from the week ended April 12 closed at +7.19%). Notably, the market opened the week sound, and gained traction in subsequent trading sessions. Next week, we expect more earnings results and the prevailing low-interest rate environment in the fixed income space will top investors’ minds, thus settling the market in the positive region.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
On US front - For info purpose:
WEEKLY MARKET REVIEW FRIDAY, 30 OCTOBER, 2020

Global Economy: U.S Economy Exits Recession, Records 7.4% YoY Growth
After recovering from its worst recession since 1947, output growth in the U.S strengthened by 7.4% YoY in Q3:2020, following a record tumble of 9.0% in Q2:2020. In terms of an annualized pace, the economy moved from a contraction of 31.4% to a whopping 33.1% growth. Increased consumer spending amid an upsurge in gross private domestic investment (+83%) and residential fixed investment (+59.3%) pinned its rebound in the positive territory. However, the decline in government spending partly offset this trend.

The increased consumer spending reflected broad increases in motor vehicles, clothing and footwears. Within services, health care, food services, along with accommodations were major contributors to growth. Further, the rise in private inventory investment was led by an advance in retail trade, as higher export numbers was mainly driven by products like automotive vehicles, and engines.

Similarly, the U.S trade deficit in goods narrowed sharply by 4.5% MoM from USD83.1bn in August to USD79.4bn in September, as exports of goods rose USD3.2bn while imports dipped by USD0.5bn. The gains in exports were led by 13.6% surge in shipments of food, feeds, and beverages, which rose to USD12.8bn. Retail Inventories also increased by 1.6% MoM from prior months, while wholesale inventories declined by 0.1% MoM.

Although the upbeat data sets the U.S economy in a healthy state, the resurgence in the COVID-19 infections coupled with fading fiscal stimulus and the upcoming election leaves room for a slowdown in growth prospects. Hence, the U.S economy is expected to be entrenched amidst several uncertain factors. Thus, the IMF projects that growth will falter by 4.4% in 2020, followed by a rebound of 5.2% in 2021.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cucumbar: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Na wa o, you guys can’t be making all these money alone nau. Someone should ‘ja mi si’ I need to cash in on this too. Somebody please help. tongue embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

Thanks bro !!

Yet another +1... wink cheesy grin
It's my Bday folks.

Pls join me in saying a big thank u to DEVINE for his GRACE.
Far above everything else, for his mercies and privilege of life despite my shortcomings.
...it can ONLY be GOD !! cry cry cry I remember the post above(a turning point)

No matter where u are, who u are and what u do, ALWAYS ALWAYS admit to his grace in ur life.
...Believe me when I say; it pays to do so !!

Regards

HBD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
cucumbar:
please which coy shares could give me a 25-30 percent returns in the next 2-3 months?
Naijabet

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

Pls this is not necessary. ...it smacks off redicle.
The bros u talk about has always been a very valuable member of this forum.
And why question whether he is partaking of it?

I've observed that u have often picked on him.
...Pls leave him alone. He has his ways around the market, which u may not understand.
He makes great returns too.

Regards

But he might not take this my saying as serious as u did

Person no dey follow ur friend play?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cucumbar: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
Biafran4life:

Naijabet
na lie jor

(1) (2) (3) ... (6050) (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) ... (7762) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chinesegirl(f), Jats2k2002, Bukkydudu, 222Martins(m), lexy2lexy, Raider76, Kwibaba(m), IamR, Choiceguy, nnadengram(m), Picky1 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.