Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11071266 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7363) (7364) (7365) (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 12:40am On Nov 22, 2023
Deadlytruth:

I share your opinion. The stock market is about the only legitimate means to make over 500% profit on one's capital within 12 months. Ever since understanding the stock market and also how cheap Nigerian stocks are, discussions about the profitability of other businesses hardly interest me.

This is funny , and the stocks you invest in are not businesses run by other people ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 1:04am On Nov 22, 2023
sophy17:

I can imagine at what price your grandma got the land, then the income it generated over the years from generation to generation and upon the 'old house' being sold by the beneficiaries, you as one of them was still able to pocket over 10m free money (not loan) which you invested with over 200%. Now can you imagine the % of profit made so far on the land since it was bought by your grandma?
Just asking for some here before they take some decision.

Spot on , was expecting someone to say this since i started reading the discuss , nobody factored this except you

The richest people also have some of the the largest real estate holdings , it’s not a coincidence

Diversification is essential across different asset class , stocks , real estate , bonds , treasuries , fcy investments ,commodities , crypto etc whatever you are comfortable with and your risk appetite allows , even personal business

If you make money wella in one asset class , look for another to put the gain

This same stock market market has dealt with people so much that they never recovered

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48am On Nov 22, 2023
Curiouscity:
Please house, especially veterans who are dividend investors, how do you calculate dividend yield? Which price do you use for the calculation?
Example: For 2022 Financial Year, GTCO paid N.03 and N2.8, as interim and final dividend respectively.
On September 30th 2022 when interim dividend was paid, GTCO was N19.00. When final dividend was paid on May 11 2023, it was N24.00.

How can one calculate the annual dividend yield given the example above.
I be JJC, I need help.

We have dividend yield and yield on cost. My target is that after holding a stock for 10 years I should have a minimum yield on cost of 40%.

Assuming the current price of Unite Capital is N15.00, based on the dividend of N1.50 paid your dividend yield is 10%.

Assuming you have been a shareholder since 2014 and your average cost price is N3.00 then your yield on cost is 50%

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:04am On Nov 22, 2023
wink
rmx:

Spot on , was expecting someone to say this since i started reading the discuss , nobody factored this except you

The richest people also have some of the the largest real estate holdings , it’s not a coincidence

Diversification is essential across different asset class , stocks , real estate , bonds , treasuries , fcy investments ,commodities , crypto etc whatever you are comfortable with and your risk appetite allows , even personal business

This same stock market market has dealt with people so much that they never recovered

It was a property whose current owners were the second generation beneficiaries They still have properties from their own parents and their own personal properties.

From the write up one of my cousin used his share to buy 4 plots of land, my sister bought an uncompleted property, another sister used hers to complete her property, another cousin used her share to renovate 2 houses in order to get more rental income in the future. Most of us reinvested the proceeds from the disposal of the property into another real estate investment

My youngest sibling and I are the only one who invested their shares in financial assets. She is the closest to me and my mentee. She invested in Eurobond Fund and Money Market Funds because of the stress, meagre and erractic return she got from her first and only property.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:14am On Nov 22, 2023
rmx:

This is funny , and the stocks you invest in are not businesses run by other people ?

It gets to a stage whereby what one wants is predictable income, without stress, no customers to attend to, no staff salaries to pay, no regulator compliance.

Many years ago, I used to have a landlord like that. He went to his shops twice in a week and he would be back home by 1pm and yet he was a rich man

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kreos44: 4:40am On Nov 22, 2023
currentprice:

I think some of our ogas here said company will show d sign for months before it give up. Skye bank example.

more so what am I doing in a stock when the valuation doesn't justify the CP again

back to my hole. Goodluck everyone

grin grin grin
Bros, you always talk of drAbraham and how he taught you how to fish. I want to talk about you too. kreos44atgmaildotcom
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 6:12am On Nov 22, 2023
Curiouscity:
Please house, especially veterans who are dividend investors, how do you calculate dividend yield? Which price do you use for the calculation?
Example: For 2022 Financial Year, GTCO paid N.03 and N2.8, as interim and final dividend respectively.
On September 30th 2022 when interim dividend was paid, GTCO was N19.00. When final dividend was paid on May 11 2023, it was N24.00.

How can one calculate the annual dividend yield given the example above.
I be JJC, I need help.

Use the total recent dividends already earned (the interim + the final) and divide it by the current share price. In your own case, the current price is 24

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
wink

It was a property whose current owners were the second generation. They still have properties from their own parents and their own personal properties.

From the write up one of my cousin used his share to buy 4 plots of land, my sister bought an uncompleted property, another sister used hers to complete her property, another cousin used her share to renovate 2 houses in order to get more rental income in the future. Most of us reinvested the proceeds from the disposal of the property into another real estate investment

My youngest sibling and I are the only one who invested their shares in financial assets. She is the closest to me and my mentee. She invested in Eurobond Fund and Money Market Funds because of the stress, meagre and erractic return she got from her first and only property.

Absolutely brilliant what you have achieved with your portion of the land sales and what your sis did with hers, diversification

But the point sophy raised was that the real estate investment of your grandma was very profitable if you add the capital appreciation and all the income generated over decades before it was sold , instead of looking at the recent rental income alone

bought a commercial real estate in 2019 for 85m , when I looked at the original receipt the man bought it 750 naira in 1976 , man was collecting 4.5m rent as of the time he sold , that is brilliant also . Wont mention the value of the land now or the rental income from that same property after we pulled down and built afresh .

Just Grow to have a basket of different asset classes

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:07am On Nov 22, 2023
rmx:

Absolutely brilliant what you have achieved with your portion of the land sales and what your sis did with hers, diversification

But the point sophy raised was that the real estate investment of your grandma was very profitable if you add the capital appreciation and all the income generated over decades before it was sold , instead of looking at the recent rental income alone

bought a commercial real estate in 2019 for 85m , when I looked at the original receipt the man bought it 750 naira in 1976 , man was collecting 4.5m rent as of the time he sold , that is brilliant also . Wont mention the value of the land now or the rental income from that same property after we pulled down and built afresh .

Just Grow to have a basket of different asset classes

She bought for N300 in 1974, then used her salary as headteacher and contributions from her children to build in 1976

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It gets to a stage whereby what one wants is predictable income, without stress, no customers to attend to, no staff salaries to pay, no regulator compliance.

Many years ago, I used to have a landlord like that. He went to his shops twice in a week and he would be back home by 1pm and yet he was a rich man

He had hustled and paid his dues in his younger working days grin grin

All stocks are businesses run by people , the most profits come from lucrative businesses, that lucrative business could be business run by others and stocks traded or could be your personal business too cool , the latter will be more rewarding but comes with more stress like u said

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

She bought for N300 in 1974, then used her salary as headteacher and contributions from her children to build in 1976

Oga leave this debate.

Lets discuss stocks hear as usual or create another thread
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2023
femu:

Oga leave this debate.

When veterans are dishing out useful information to help us in ways of diversification, those who are hoarders of information like you that do not love the growth of people will try to shut them down.

E no go work. Maybe you do not know that we have some elders here who we so much respect and whatever they post here, even if it's about romance, we will connect it to investments to better our lives.

i owe a lot to oga Emma.

if you do not like what he is posting, abeg shift and let us draw our chairs to front rows

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2023
femu:

Oga leave this debate.

why not pay in another channel to get what you want since it is your right.What knowledge or information have you contributed on stock discussions. You want free tips

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:46am On Nov 22, 2023
femu:

Oga leave this debate.

Onye obi onubu. Very bad of you! grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47am On Nov 22, 2023
femu:

Oga leave this debate.

What are you buying this week?

Why are you buying?

What is dividend payout ratio and dividend growth rate of the stock in the past 5 years?

Where do you see the stock in the next 5 years?

Let us discuss

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2023
I did a little sales of about #64,273.81 after deduction as per commission. I didn't even know that particular portfolio is on cscs settlement as it is my first portfolio in my years of humble beginning. I just received alert for the sales today and cscs took about #600 from the proceed. Does it mean cscs charges extra money on cash settlement from u.Is it based on percentage or fixed.Abi na tax on the money. Na #63 ,679.7 I received

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hedgefunds: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2023
rmx:

What were you expecting when the ASI is currently at 17yr high?

Let bear show face for just 6mth and reverse will be the case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2023
rmx:

So do you, by virtue of investing in a stock, automatically join the staff of the company and therefore participate in the running of the business?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2023
I enjoyed the last 5 pages. Thank you for the motivation, teachings and insights into your dealings. You are all skillful like Messi and Ronaldo in terms of Making money, managing money and making money count. What a blessing you've all been to us.
I enjoyed Loco, PaEmma and CurrentPrice stories
Special thanks to:
@Mcy
@Emma
@OGG
@CurrentPrice
@CustomStreet
@BBM
Etc

Let me go back to observation mode.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

What are you buying this week?

Why are you buying?

What is dividend payout ratio and dividend growth rate of the stock in the past 5 years?

Where do you see the stock in the next 5 years?

Let us discuss

I bought Zenith yesterday, wondering if I should buy more or wait
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2023
femu:

I bought Zenith yesterday, wondering if I should buy more or wait

The big banks will continue to make money, I am done with buying bank stocks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I did a little sales of about #64,273.81 after deduction as per commission. I didn't even know that particular portfolio is on cscs settlement as it is my first portfolio in my years of humble beginning. I just received alert for the sales today and cscs took about #600 from the proceed. Does it mean cscs charges extra money on cash settlement from u.Is it based on percentage or fixed.Abi na tax on the money. Na #63 ,679.7 I received

Yes they do 0.3% on Sales + 7.5% VAT ( not sure if this has changed in recent time though). on a lighter note CSCS, SEC, brokerage house commission dey always pain me every time i see dem deduct money from transaction. To avoid the pain and annoyance every time, tashere equity for those entity calm the pain except SEC grin grin grin .Na abubakar money we dey use entertain abubakar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The big banks will continue to make money, I am done with buying bank stocks

Let me know when you want to resume buying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2023
megawealth01:

Let me know when you want to resume buying

They are still good, it is a personal policy of having a diversified portfolio. Banking stocks is over 55% of my stock portfolio

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Yes they do 0.3% on Sales + 7.5% VAT ( not sure if this has changed in recent time though). on a lighter note CSCS, SEC, brokerage house commission dey always pain me every time i see dem deduct money from transaction. To avoid the pain and annoyance every time, tashere equity for those entity calm the pain except SEC grin grin grin .Na abubakar money we dey use entertain abubakar.
You don't get me.The total sales was actually #65,100 after deduction of #826.19 for commission. My net proceeds was #64,273.81.Then cscs direct settlement still took about #600 from the money to pay me #63,679.7.
And I am asking is that how the direct settlement thing works.is this charge fixed or by percentage. Abi na another tax on the money

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2023
Good morning great investors. Please kindly advice me on Veritaskap stock. Can i going because I'm still novice on stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2023
Hedgefunds:

What were you expecting when the ASI is currently at 17yr high?

Let bear show face for just 6mth and reverse will be the case.

Greetings to Oga RabbiDOracle, who predicted this height being attained on the floor of the stock market. I just hope all is well at his end because he has been on silent mode for some time.

Blessings to all the Ogas and gurus on this platform. cool

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

They are still good, it is a personal policy of having a diversified portfolio. Banking stocks is over 55% of my stock portfolio
I know why I said so
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2023
VeritasKapital in early full bids grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:14am On Nov 22, 2023
All my three stock picks for this week has delivered excellently except ONE... I even told you guys entry price last week

Goodluck to all who risked something at their own risk grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Do you do US stocks?

If yes, compared with Naija stocks which is better?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lexy2lexy: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2023
Anyone yet to receive Okomu Oil interim dividends?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7363) (7364) (7365) (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: XiTok and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.