Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,572 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10982790 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7445) (7446) (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) ... (7785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Niyijac: 1:31pm On Jan 07
If a company offers 4 for every 5 shares as dividends and the client exits after qualification date. Will the client still get the dividends?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:32pm On Jan 07
Niyijac:
If a company offers 4 for every 5 shares as dividends and the client exits after qualification date. Will the client still get the dividends?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07
femu:

Don't count on it
What will be the effect on the share price?l ask because what l have read about the implications of right issue on stock price is making me concerned
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Niyijac: 1:47pm On Jan 07
This reassuringly feels great.

OBAGADAFFI:

Yes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 2:12pm On Jan 07
olaremint:
Fidelity shares trading at N8, suddenly it became N13 and now a rights issue for N10 is on offer.
The value for that share is surely less than N8, after the public rush to buy, it will revert to N8 after you would have paid between N10 to N13. The bank is the only person gaining.
I am happy I sold mine @ N13 plus, will buy again when it goes to N8.

you shot yourself in the leg.

That's not how it works. it doesn't completely depend on the price it's currently selling.

Did you read the part where it says for every 10 you hold, you are allowed to buy 1?

let's calculate this with your N13 price

10 units will be 10*13 = N130
1 unit RI will be 1*10 = N10

total unit is now 11 and total amount is now N140.
divide N140 by 11 and your current unit price of purchase is now N12.7 and not the N10 you are thinking.

so if u are waiting for it to get below N10, it wont be because of the rights issue but something else.

your statement would have been ok if the rights issue is one for one, meaning for every 1 unit of fidelity held, you are allowed to buy additional 1 @ N10 but this is not the case

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:18pm On Jan 07
olaremint:
Fidelity shares trading at N8, suddenly it became N13 and now a rights issue for N10 is on offer.
The value for that share is surely less than N8, after the public rush to buy, it will revert to N8 after you would have paid between N10 to N13. The bank is the only person gaining.
You are very right.So when precisely are you going to buy it.It is obvious you can time the market. When will other bank shares equally come down.If you have sold just move on.i sold half of my holdings long at
#9.30 because my BE was #2.20 to reinvest in alhaji

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07
This fidelity bank rights issue is not making much sense to me.

The current outstanding shares is 32 billion units. The rights issue is for approximately 3.2 billion new ordinary shares.

The rights issue proceed wll come to about N32 billion (gross).

To me, if Fidelity Bank plc is raising N32 billion when the new capital requirements is in multiples of that, it raises a concern about the actual current liquidity position of the bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:55pm On Jan 07
I am searching for a stock that will be next ucapital in yrs to come.And one stock keep coming to my mind because of its services and products..I see it making alot of money in the next 5 yrs and above. Hope to accumulate for my kid gradually. My ucapital BE is #1.00. No stock investment has beaten it so far for me..it has been yielding dividend in 7 figures

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:25pm On Jan 07
Harvestock01:
This fidelity bank rights issue is not making much sense to me.

The current outstanding shares is 32 billion units. The rights issue is for approximately 3.2 billion new ordinary shares.

The rights issue proceed wll come to about N32 billion (gross).

To me, if Fidelity Bank plc is raising N32 billion when the new capital requirements is in multiples of that, it raises a concern about the actual current liquidity position of the bank.

We are fidelity we keep our word... One of my biggest blessings is being tribalist about FIDELITY BANK grin

The only reason it sits as my LARGEST HOLDING in this market is because I called it an ANAMBRA project when it was even a little above #1... I kept buying in huge volumes at any serious bear with reserve funds I get during bull market from other stocks

I suppose become a DIRECTOR there sef or get a SLOT for the DIRECTORSHIP... I haven't sold a unit of it since day one...

I can't calculate my yearly DIVIDENDS' yields again sef grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:28pm On Jan 07
olaremint:

Na so I take miss UCAP... I only have very little unit of that stock... Thanks to God that I usually don't sell off stocks... It's my investment principles... That's why costain went with my money grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:30pm On Jan 07
unite4real:

you shot yourself in the leg.

That's not how it works. it doesn't completely depend on the price it's currently selling.

Did you read the part where it says for every 10 you hold, you are allowed to buy 1?

let's calculate this with your N13 price

10 units will be 10*13 = N130
1 unit RI will be 1*10 = N10

total unit is now 11 and total amount is now N140.
divide N140 by 11 and your current unit price of purchase is now N12.7 and not the N10 you are thinking.

so if u are waiting for it to get below N10, it wont be because of the rights issue but something else.

your statement would have been ok if the rights issue is one for one, meaning for every 1 unit of fidelity held, you are allowed to buy additional 1 @ N10 but this is not the case

You understand finance jare... I didn't want to talk so I ain't accused of monkey hunting people into my OIL WELL grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 3:32pm On Jan 07
In another news>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem

https://punchng.com/cadbury-guinness-others-lost-n472bn-to-naira-depreciation-report
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nichee: 4:00pm On Jan 07
Can you please share that one stock that keep coming to your mind ?
Streetinvestor2:
I am searching for a stock that will be next ucapital in yrs to come.And one stock keep coming to my mind because of its services and products..I see it making alot of money in the next 5 yrs and above. Hope to accumulate for my kid gradually. My ucapital BE is #1.00. No stock investment has beaten it so far for me..it has been yielding dividend in 7 figures

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 4:36pm On Jan 07
Streetinvestor2:

What is BE bro? And how do you apply it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 4:41pm On Jan 07
emmaodet:

What is BE bro? And how do you apply it

Break Even price. The minimum price you can sell to make the least profit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 4:56pm On Jan 07
unite4real:

Break Even price. The minimum price you can sell to make the least profit

Okay.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 5:50pm On Jan 07
Streetinvestor2:

Wow! I love this, could the stock you refer be Ellahlakes?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:07pm On Jan 07
ojeysky:

Wow! I love this, could the stock you refer be Ellahlakes?
Do they really have agric plantation or audio farms.If they have truly large farms then thr ls prospects in it even if the crops have not reached maturity
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:10pm On Jan 07
Nichee:
Can you please share that one stock that keep coming to your mind ?
It is in the ict.it yr results will show more.i already have afolabi units. Will be accumulating it gradually below #2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:15pm On Jan 07
megawealth01:

We are fidelity we keep our word... One of my biggest blessings is being tribalist about FIDELITY BANK grin

The only reason it sits as my LARGEST HOLDING in this market is because I called it an ANAMBRA project when it was even a little above #1... I kept buying in huge volumes at any serious bear with reserve funds I get during bull market from other stocks

I suppose become a DIRECTOR there sef or get a SLOT for the DIRECTORSHIP... I haven't sold a unit of it since day one...

I can't calculate my yearly DIVIDENDS' yields again sef grin
I did the same for ib and had faith.will let the remaining fidelity touch #20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:16pm On Jan 07
*FOREIGN FIRMS RAISE STAKE IN NGX*
---N71.37bn in November against N33.36bn in Oct 2023
https://punchng.com/foreign-firms-raise-stake-in-ngx-to-n71-4bn/

* PFAs (PENSIOaN FUND ADMINISTRATORs STAKES N303.58bn on MTN, Dangote series 1, etc.*
https://guardian.ng/business-services/pension-sector-stakes-n303-58b-in-mtn-dangote/

*COMPLIANCE STATUS INDICATORS*
What you should know about this........From Atlas's Portfolios.........attached

* Doc failed to attach. You can check it out on NGX*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jaybee3(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:35pm On Jan 07
Streetinvestor2:
It is in the ict.it yr results will show more.i already have afolabi units. Will be accumulating it gradually below #2

Chams grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 9:22pm On Jan 07
yMcy56:
*FOREIGN FIRMS RAISE STAKE IN NGX*
---N71.37bn in November against N33.36bn in Oct 2023
https://punchng.com/foreign-firms-raise-stake-in-ngx-to-n71-4bn/

* PFAs (PENSIOaN FUND ADMINISTRATORs STAKES N303.58bn on MTN, Dangote series 1, etc.*
https://guardian.ng/business-services/pension-sector-stakes-n303-58b-in-mtn-dangote/

*COMPLIANCE STATUS INDICATORS*
What you should know about this........From Atlas's Portfolios.........attached

* Doc failed to attach. You can check it out on NGX*
@yMcy56 what's your advice on Transcorp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:59pm On Jan 07
Streetinvestor2:
I did the same for ib and had faith.will let the remaining fidelity touch #20

IB time go come... I also have it well loaded... All ANAMBRA projects dey my portfolio... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yak(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07
megawealth01:

IB time go come... I also have it well loaded... All ANAMBRA projects dey my portfolio... grin

Which one is IB?
I go like meet you someday and have a chat. Your thinking pattern interest me though your delivery doesn't
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:01am On Jan 08
ogoo4real:
@yMcy56 what's your advice on Transcorp
yMcy56:
Let's hope Transcorp will make her shareholders proud one day. smiley
By my own amateur calculations, let's look at it this way;

40B ÷ 2.5B = 16
(Transcorp 40B OS divided by Geregu 2.5B OS)

Meaning: Ratio 1:16
(For every 1 Geregu, you have 16 Transcorp)

- Looking at Geregu price, N300 average, then:
* N300 ÷ 16 = N18.75

Worst case scenario, the N8 on top ...... grin

Don't mind my analysis paralysis, maybe I'm over-visualizing this thing grin.........but......Transcorp shouldn't be selling at CP (3.50/3.60) ordinarily.
*Maybe the gurus could help us calculate it's fair value with respect to recent financials.
*Edited*. Cc: @Yoast
My post on Aug 10, 2023
* I'm sure many of those ogas and many Nsempas would have laughed me so hard on this........maybe call me names self. grin
Chai!! Even myself never knew it could be soon! Transcorp was selling around 3.50 when this post was made.

* All ogas that spoke optimistically about Transcorp didn't mention figure I Blvd.......Except Oga Oracle that predicted it will reach 15+ .....and many doubted him.

* Geregu is selling around 400 in market now, so......maybe the above price must have inched up again......
* Do your DD, monitor price mvmt in market and follow your mind/strategy thereafter....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:27am On Jan 08
I guess you mean goes to N18 grin grin

olaremint:
I am happy I sold mine @ N13 plus, will buy again when it goes to N8 .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:31am On Jan 08
yak:

Which one is IB?
I go like meet you someday and have a chat. Your thinking pattern interest me though your delivery doesn't

International Breweries...

As for delivery... Nwanne develop what works for you... Most times I go for stocks people are scared of staking their monies on
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:59am On Jan 08
megawealth01:

International Breweries...

As for delivery... Nwanne develop what works for you... Most times I go for stocks people are scared of staking their monies on

I think by delivery he means your pattern of writing cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:05am On Jan 08
Hot start to this TW... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:21am On Jan 08
If you missed CHAMS at below #1 try reason OMATEK...

DD please

(1) (2) (3) ... (7445) (7446) (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) ... (7785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.