Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10872607 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7565) (7566) (7567) (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 12:21pm On Feb 02
You were fortunate the offers could have changed from price to market and you’ll end up with all your bids getting filled.
222Martins:
When stocks are on full bid or full offer, it is advisable you exercise caution.............Someone here once asked: How it is possible for a stock to go from FULL OFFER to FULL BID in a twinkle of an eye. Well, i did a little experiment on a stock just now and some fools rushed in.........What did i do?

I launched up about 30 different Bids on a stock at various quantities ranging from 250,000 to 500,000 units on a stock that have been promoted here. This made the BID QUANTITY to be more than 15 times the OFFER QUANTITY with a price range just a bit below the best offer price.

Guess what happened: People started fighting to outbid me grin grin grin grin grin,; while i was strategically outbidding them in bits without actually buying anything. In the frenzy, they ended up grabbing the nearest offer prices and pushing the price way above the opening price of today.

I then proceeded to cancel all my bids and the BID Quantity to OFFER Quantity ratio went from 15:1 in split seconds to 2:1.

I believe this is how the big dogs create artificial demand and supply for fools to either rush in or jump out. So please, trade with caution, buy with reason and do your own due diligence..... A word is enough for the wise.

Thank You

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:28pm On Feb 02
jarkbauer:
You were fortunate the offers could have changed from price to market and you’ll end up with all your bids getting filled.

The stock exchange should have a software to detect and sanction such manipulators

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:29pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
When stocks are on full bid or full offer, it is advisable you exercise caution.............Someone here once asked: How it is possible for a stock to go from FULL OFFER to FULL BID in a twinkle of an eye. Well, i did a little experiment on a stock just now and some fools rushed in.........What did i do?

I launched up about 30 different Bids on a stock at various quantities ranging from 250,000 to 500,000 units on a stock that have been promoted here. This made the BID QUANTITY to be more than 15 times the OFFER QUANTITY with a price range just a bit below the best offer price.

Guess what happened: People started fighting to outbid me grin grin grin grin grin,; while i was strategically outbidding them in bits without actually buying anything. In the frenzy, they ended up grabbing the nearest offer prices and pushing the price way above the opening price of today.

I then proceeded to cancel all my bids and the BID Quantity to OFFER Quantity ratio went from 15:1 in split seconds to 2:1.

I believe this is how the big dogs create artificial demand and supply for fools to either rush in or jump out. So please, trade with caution, buy with reason and do your own due diligence..... A word is enough for the wise.

Thank You
You can only do that on cheap stocks or you have plenty cash on your trading account for the bids to be registered.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:30pm On Feb 02
jarkbauer:
jarkbauer:
Do you think i placed those orders and went to bed? I was actively monitoring it and adjusting them accordingly. The goal was to keep the BID Quantity to Offer Quantity very high, thus creating a smoke screen of artificial demand.

If i can do this with a few afolabi units, then imagine what those with billions of Naira can do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:30pm On Feb 02
Streetinvestor2:
You can only do that on cheap stocks or you have plenty cash on your trading account for the bids to be registered.

In saner climes it would be a crime

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:31pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

Thank You

and nothing get filled up. not even partial filled. This analysis na theory.

Uncle you can lie o.

so for example best offer is N2 and you place bids just below best offer maybe at 1.96 and nobody clear anything fro there?

why don't you say u placed ur bids at the least amount for the day?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02
SonofElElyonRet:

The stock exchange should have a software to detect and sanction such manipulators
The only way to stop this is to make trading in such a way that, once you place a bid or offer, you cannot adjust or cancel it until that trading day is over. Unless this is done, it will continue.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:33pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
The only way to stop this is to make trading in such a way that, once you place a bid or offer, you cannot adjust or cancel it until that trading day is over. Unless this is done, it will continue.......

Hmmm... not being able to cancel would be extreme

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02
vacanci:

Uncle you can lie o.
I would have shown you a screenshot but i would only end up revealing the stock. I just wanted to pass a message to those who are always excited about FULL BIDS and FULL OFFERS.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:36pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
I would have shown you a screenshot but i would only end up revealing the stock. I just wanted to pass a message to those who are always excited about FULL BIDS and FULL OFFERS.

pls do it again and blurr the stock name make we see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

InvestmentOne is already doing that. You can only cancel your order between 4.00 pm and 7.00 am the following day. I am not sure if other brokers are implementing such restrictions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:38pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

someone bought dangote cement at 320. it went on full bids for days and now its settled at 763. are u saying the investor should not be excited?

its not about full bid or full offer. na money we wan make.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:40pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
Your actions are nothing short of criminal! Many are behind bars because of that.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 12:42pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
Do you think i placed those orders and went to bed? I was actively monitoring it and adjusting them accordingly. The goal was to keep the BID Quantity to Offer Quantity very high, thus creating a smoke screen of artificial demand.

If i can do this with a few afolabi units, then imagine what those with billions of Naira can do.

Sell Orders by market will automatically fill meaning they’ll sell to any available buy order. So when you were adjusting. You won’t see anything to adjust because the adjustee will be long gone. You are only adjusting to orders you saw because the sellers put selling prices. Orders by market won’t even show in the sell orders. It’ll just automatically sell to any buy orders available

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 12:44pm On Feb 02
BullBearMkt:

Your actions are nothing short of criminal! Many are behind bars because of that.
grin grin grin grin grin
You dey here dey speak grammmar....because i spoke about it. And when is quitting an auction a crime if people with more money outbid you? grin grin Go and tell that to the big firms with billions of funds available to play with.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 12:49pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

You can't cancel you bid on investment one app until around 6pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:49pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
You dey here dey speak grammmar....because i spoke about it. And when is quitting an auction a crime if people with more money outbid you? grin grin Go and tell that to the big firms with billions of funds available to play with.
lol!
D billions firms no dey make noise and no get time for your kobo, kobo hand pick stuff. I don't even bother about bid-offer if you care to know! I follow my plans
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:50pm On Feb 02
Streetinvestor2:
Madam check that cornerstone results. I don try search the thing but no see the result.I no understand watin Meristem dey send as earning flsh.The eps tire me,lol....I dey see 8.64
Lol.
Below is the Q4 report......
That stock na another MANSARD in the making ooo. lipsrsealed grin
* If you dey find another insurance stock with good potential, look the way of UNIVINS too.
We don talk dem tire for here.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40239_CORNERSTONE_INSURANCE_PLC-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 12:55pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

You were trying to make a point and now you are out of point.

Instead of you to do what is right, you are making a criminal highlights.

Thank God there is no pullback today, all these your fake bids would have all filled.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02
vacanci:

someone bought dangote cement at 320. it went on full bids for days and now its settled at 763. are u saying the investor should not be excited?

Could only sell my Dangote cement shares at N686.70k yesterday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

You were trying to make a point and now you are out of point.

Instead of you to do what is right, you are making a criminal highlights.

Thank God there is no pullback today, all these your fake bids would have all filled.
What makes it a fake bid? If my bids were filled, would it still be a fake bid? Or were the bids made without funds to back it up? I placed a bid, i was outbidded and i backed out......Se fini.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:02pm On Feb 02
vacanci:

Uncle you can lie o.

so for example best offer is N2 and you place bids just below best offer maybe at 1.96 and nobody clear anything fro there?

why don't you say u placed ur bids at the least amount for the day?
Lo,he claimed 30 bids in one stock with bids ranging 250,000 to 500000.How much was in your trading account and the price of such stock for the system to accept it without cancelling the initial once first.And none was successful means you wr bidding within the lowest prices for the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02
When stocks are on Full Bid or Full Offer, it is advisable that you exercise caution. Unless you had that stock in mind before, when stocks are on Full Bid, do not be in a haste to Sell Off. It may go higher, and do not be in a haste to Buy, so that you do not catch a Falling Knife. Also, when stocks are on Full Offer, do not be in a haste to Buy. It may be on a long downward journey to nowhere. Do not always be greedy when others are fearful. Find out why they are fearful. Also, do not always be Fearful when others are greedy. Find out what new information made them greedy. Despite all analysis and paralysis, more often than not, in the short term, prices of stocks, react more to Information and Sentiments.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by X21: 1:08pm On Feb 02
vacanci:

go sell it at 763
no buyer

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:08pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:08pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
What makes it a fake bid? If my bids were filled, would it still be a fake bid? Or were the bids made without funds to back it up? I placed a bid, i was outbidded and i backed out......Se fini.

Did you have the intention of buying except to manipulate the very stock.Thats a fake bid dear and criminal act.
If you want to learn how to push price single handedly, you ask questions from professionals not to claim what you don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:12pm On Feb 02
You just exposed an age old trick.
Painfully it still works...

However people being ignorant doesn't make them fools... wink

222Martins:

Thank You

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:12pm On Feb 02
emmanuelewumi:

Could only sell my Dangote cement shares at N686.70k yesterday
At how much did you buy.i bought at 145 then and sold btw 290 and 320

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02
[quote author=X21 post=128250757]

go sell it at 763
no buyer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lostinHeaven: 1:15pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

There is nothing criminal about it, has been going on for years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02
essentialone:
When stocks are on Full Bid or Full Offer, it is advisable that you exercise caution. Unless you had that stock in mind before, when stocks are on Full Bid, do not be in a haste to Sell Off. It may go higher, and do not be in a haste to Buy, so that you do not catch a Falling Knife. Also, when stocks are on Full Offer, do not be in a haste to Buy. It may be on a long downward journey to nowhere. Do not always be greedy when others are fearful. Find out why they are fearful. Also, do not always be Fearful when others are greedy. [b]Find out what new information made them greedy. [/b]Despite all analysis and paralysis, more often than not, in the short term, prices of stocks, react more to Information and Sentiments.

Leave wetin they write for motor and enter motor.

By the time you finish asking questions the train don reach ojuelegba......

This stock market will be here till we go and can't learn it complete.It will keep on creating opportunities for both the rich and poor

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:17pm On Feb 02
Streetinvestor2:
At how much did you buy.i bought at 145 then and sold btw 290 and 320

About the same price with you. You can't even get a buyer at N700.

So I asked Meristem to sell at the best market price

(1) (2) (3) ... (7565) (7566) (7567) (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), KarlTom, lionshare, sterlingD(m), Foundationchamp(f), adamx23(m), Krisuba, dapix, Prince081, Mfunkynation(m), robobo, eziokwunwoko(m), Whytehandy, courage89(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.