Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10971739 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) (7575) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:13am On Feb 03
yMcy56:

All these people will end up losing money and dashing money to the market if they keep jumping upandan and panicking unnecessarily like this!!

Guess people needs to learn the basics of how this market works and acquire basic skills of investing before jumping into it at least........or even if they jump into it, should make frantic efforts to learn how it works and equip themselves with investing knowledge......and not continue to liken it to crypto or MMM.
This has been said times without number here...and newbies are been advised to buy more of fundamentally sound stocks!! Since they don't know their ways around the market.

On what the person can do? He/She has two options:

1. To do NOTHING!
Or
2. To watch out for likely bottom and average down his position. This way, he gets to benefit from the next rally.
Thank you, sister, for the advice provided. I remember reading a book on investment while starting up. In the book, the author said if you know nothing about investment, for your future financial freedom, do the following:

- Look for established company(ies) with popular or essential products/services.
- Dedicate a fixed percentage of your income (e.g., 5%) to monthly purchases of the company's stocks.
- Keep buying the same stock each month. Consistency is the key.
- Keep abreast about the company's activities. Read newspapers, listen to radio, TV etc (that's what was available at the time)

While this approach may have its own limitations, at that time, as a young man starting life, it was working for me until I started listening to my analogue broker's advice.

I will advocate for this approach to anyone who does not have adequate knowledge about investment. Follow this route until you finally equip yourself with the necessary investing knowledge.
grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 10:32am On Feb 03
Fidelity Bank has reviewed their unaudited report and corrected their profit.

It is now lower by over N20 Billion and profit has dropped from N142 Billion earlier announced to N101 Billion. Profit growth compared to previous year has come down from 208% to about 120%.

With Fidelity bank outstanding shares planned to reach 45B units. It is safe to say that FCMB whose outstanding shares is still about 19B and with 200% profit growth from about N31Billion previous year to over N95Billion should catch the eyes of investors.
These two have been tagging each other with fcmb behind.
All the metrics should now tick in favour of FCMB.

It's about time. Taking over is allowed. Perhaps for now.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/FIDELITY_BANK_PLC_-_CORRECTION_OF_Q4_2023_UFS.pdf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:59am On Feb 03
unite4real:
Fidelity Bank has reviewed their unaudited report and corrected their profit.

It is now lower by over N20 Billion and profit has dropped from N142 Billion earlier announced to N101 Billion. Profit growth compared to previous year has come down from 208% to about 120%.

With Fidelity bank outstanding shares planned to reach 45B units. It is safe to say that FCMB whose outstanding shares is still about 19B and with 200% profit growth from about N31Billion previous year to over N95Billion should catch the eyes of investors.
These two have been tagging each other with fcmb behind.
All the metrics should now tick in favour of FCMB.

It's about time. Taking over is allowed. Perhaps for now.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/FIDELITY_BANK_PLC_-_CORRECTION_OF_Q4_2023_UFS.pdf
Do you have fcmb shares. Make your disclosure. Gtb and zenith which has been declaring more profit

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BenNigeria: 11:11am On Feb 03
AIICO Market Capitalisation 41B but why other insurance companies share price doing better? Any explaining house

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:13am On Feb 03
I believe the DangFoods merger is one of the causes of the delay in notifying the NGX of key dates as well as the release of the AFS.
As expected there will be major shake up in the management structure, which will also be linked to the preparation of the books.
As a reference, BUA Foods came to light about a month after the initial announcement.

One can only hope DF is listed in time...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:15am On Feb 03
Anyone with idea why gsk decided to tag the payment we received as dividend. Abi the government was involved to just collect tax from back door.I believe they have committed corporate fraud for an international company.
I hope this is not the kind shady deals they have been doing which led them to close shop and people are pointing fingers to the economy. In thr parent country would they have tagged such payment as dividend. The money payed out was it profit from running the business .why label it dividend .I hate anything fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:20am On Feb 03
I don't think we should pay too much attention to the credit narration.
After all it's literally and financially impossible for GSK to pay that amount as dividend... grin

For now they've been delisted... wink

Streetinvestor2:
Anyone with idea why gsk decided to tag the payment we received as dividend. Abi the government was involved to just collect tax from back door.I believe they have committed corporate fraud for an international company.
I hope this is not the kind shady deals they have been doing which led them to close shop and people are pointing fingers to the economy. In thr parent country would they have tagged such payment as dividend. The money payed out was it profit from running the business .why label it dividend .I hate anything fraudulent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:25am On Feb 03
emmanuelewumi:

I am not a member of the management or professional advisers to the transaction, so I can't give a specific time frame.

But I think by the end of this quarter we should be able to have an idea.

It also depends on your average cost price, someone who average cost price is less than N20 is different from someone whose average cost price is N70.

I sold half of my holdings at a profit of [b]over 200% based on my average cost price buy a FGN bond at 15.8% yield [/b]which will pay coupons in March and September for the next 11 years

Hold on, let me understand this. You are saying you will receive more than 47.4% of your original investment annually for the next 11 years? What about those who insist that converting to dollars is the only way to protect against the falling naira? I don't think dollar investments and Eurobonds can beat that return, and the best part is that it is passive income. If you had started with 20 million naira, then you are guaranteed 10 million naira every year. That is truly commendable, I must say.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phraences: 11:29am On Feb 03
emmanuelewumi:

It can't work, even if they will do that they can't try it with the average Nigerian who have less than idle $20,000 in their dorm accounts.

Probably targeted at those with huge accounts that are idle.

What is the percentage of bank customer with N500,000 and above in Nigeria? Just 2%.

Percentage of dorm account holders with $5000 and above should be less than 1%.

I was in the bank yesterday, someone came to withdraw just $50 from his dorm account. I don't think government will target such people an average Nigerian trying to survive in a hostile economic environment

My opinion though

Thank you Sir. CBN has debunked the news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 11:29am On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
Do you have fcmb shares. Make your disclosure. Gtb and zenith which has been declaring more profit

I have FCMB, fidelity, Zenith, Uba and FBNH in that sector. Used to have access and Jaiz but no more.
My fidelity has been there since N2.50. I have a very low BE

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:32am On Feb 03
ositadima1:

Hold on, let me understand this. You are saying you will receive more than 47.4% of your original investment annually for the next 11 years? What about those who insist that converting to dollars is the only way to protect against the falling naira? I don't think dollar investments and Eurobonds can beat that return, and the best part is that it is passive income. If you had started with 20 million naira, then you are guaranteed 10 million naira every year. That is truly commendable, I must say.
How did you get 47.4% annually

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:41am On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
How did you get 47.4% annually

Assuming a profit of exactly 200%, with an initial capital of 10,000 naira invested in Dangote Sugar that gave him 30,000 naira. At 15.8% annual return, the bond should pay 4,740 naira annually. 4,740 naira divided by the original 10,000 naira initial capital comes out to 0.474. In percentage terms, this is 47.4% of the original investment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:45am On Feb 03
KarlTom:
I don't think we should pay too much attention to the credit narration.
After all it's literally and financially impossible for GSK to pay that amount as dividend... grin

For now they've been delisted... wink

They labelled it dividend because that is the only way to legalise the fraud and defend the 10%WHT.Have you seen any company that delisted and has done that.And you feel as nigeria whr anything goes we should not ask questions. It was never a mistake tagging it dividend. It was infact tagged dividend no 48 payment.
Do you realise they have set a new chapter for those planning to delist in future to now follow .This is the reason we must ask questions.Can gsk do this in thr parent country and it will be allowed. How about oando decides to delist and you receive an alert payment with this kind format on the #7 plus price

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 11:46am On Feb 03
ositadima1:

Assuming a profit of exactly 200%, with an initial capital of 10,000 naira invested in Dangote Sugar that gave him 30,000 naira. At 15.8% annual return, the bond should pay 4,740 naira annually. 4,740 naira divided by the original 10,000 naira initial capital comes out to 0.474. In percentage terms, this is 47.4% of the original investment.

the beauty is that, it is secured and guaranteed throughout the tenor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:50am On Feb 03
ositadima1:

ok I get it.you went back to his investment starting from dangota. We no they normally calculate backwards like that na for the new investment we they start,lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:51am On Feb 03
ositadima1:

Invest with knowledge and figures and you should be okay.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:00pm On Feb 03
Today's Top trades' volumes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:02pm On Feb 03
emmanuelewumi:

I am not a member of the management or professional advisers to the transaction, so I can't give a specific time frame.

But I think by the end of this quarter we should be able to have an idea.

It also depends on your average cost price, someone who average cost price is less than N20 is different from someone whose average cost price is N70.

I sold half of my holdings at a profit of over 200% based on my average cost price buy a FGN bond at 15.8% yield which will pay coupons in March and September for the next 11 years

Nice!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
ok I get it.you went back to his investment starting from dangota. We no they normally calculate backwards like that na for the new investment we they start,lol

LOL. That is one thing chess will teach you - that brilliant last move was likely planned several moves earlier. To a layman, they will just see the final move and wonder how it happened.

He probably had some idea that Dangote's stock would make that move. He also knew about the Sukuk bond. So, instead of putting the 10,000 naira directly into the upcoming Sukuk, he first played Dangote, and then after that gain, he did the Sukuk. That is a beautiful strategy from Pa Emma.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:06pm On Feb 03
ositadima1:

To the dollar folks, I'd say, there are more than one way to increase your naira output. Just like Bishop Oyedepo once said(w/o sounding religious), "If they say naira is devalued, simply means you have to get more naira to run your affairs"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:24pm On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
Gsk don play me street. Why is the payment bearing div 48 with 10% WHT.They never said they are paying us dividend. It said buy out at #17.42

Something I could have sold at even #17.00

It is not a buy out. GSK is winding down and sharing their value to shareholders. What you received was from Retained Earnings over the years, distributable as dividends, subject to WHT if not earned during pioneer period.

Nor worry, from the 2023 FS, you will get another 54k (Capital return, no WHT) and 77k or more (subject to WHT).

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:33pm On Feb 03
Frangel:

It is not a buy out. GSK is winding down and sharing their value to shareholders. What you received was from Retained Earnings over the years, distributable as dividends, subject to WHT if not earned during pioneer period.

Nor worry, from the 2023 FS, you will get another 54k (Capital return, no WHT) and 77k or more (subject to WHT).
This is much better explanation. I was made to believe it was buy out by the parent company. Did they have this kind cash in thr retained earnings. So what happens to thr other assets in nigeria beside the ones they already sold off and the money shared as special div
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:45pm On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
This is much better explanation. I was made to believe it was buy out by the parent company. Did they have this kind cash in thr retained earnings. So what happens to thr other assets in nigeria

No, it's not buy-out but winding down. GSK Nigeria would no longer exist. I hinted the possibility of WHT on the payment when I saw the details of the transaction they released to NGX.

They had about N8billion retained earnings as at 2022, add the N2b the majority shareholders forgave and part of the profit for 2023. Gave them the ability to pay about N11b to minority shareholders from cash balance of about N26b.

They still have about N930million retained profit left. Add possible profit from sale of assets. That's why I wrote you could get up to 77k more after 54k capital return per share (Share Capital + Share Premium).

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:48pm On Feb 03
@frangel.how did you get this information. It was never mentioned here that it was retained earnings that they wanted to share.I for no wait because I for know say 10% wht for dey.All I saw was buy out at 17.42..I pity those that bought above #16 thinking it was normal buy out

Oga emm try refund balance to the person you sold to at #16.25,lol.Just use your Christian mind.For me my BE was 6.30 on gsk after averaging down
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:54pm On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
@frangel.how did you get this information. It was never mentioned here that it was retained earnings that they wanted to share.I for no wait

Hahaha. It's not privileged info. All in the documents they released on NGX. My interpretation therefrom based on training and experience. I be finance person sha.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:59pm On Feb 03
Frangel:

No, it's not buy-out but winding down. GSK Nigeria would no longer exist. I hinted the possibility of WHT on the payment when I saw the details of the transaction they released to NGX.

They had about N8billion retained earnings as at 2022, add the N2b the majority shareholders forgave and part of the profit for 2023. Gave them the ability to pay about N11b to minority shareholders from cash balance of about N26b.

They still have about N930million retained profit left. Add possible profit from sale of assets. That's why I wrote you could get up to 77k more after 54k capital return per share (Share Capital + Share Premium).
You be bad guy.why didn't you ever post this kind French here all this time.People no go happy with you way buy #16 and above from this forum, lol. I argued 10 % WHT here because the payment was mentioned as buy out and not sharing of retained earnings which could pass as dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:19pm On Feb 03
Streetinvestor2:
You be bad guy.why didn't you ever post this kind French here all this time.People no go happy with you way buy #16 and above from this forum, lol. I argued 10 % WHT here because the payment was mentioned as buy out and not sharing of retained earnings which could pass as dividend
Lol. Oga, I posted it here. You did not agree with it and argued against it. Na night school I go, I nor sabi french. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:56pm On Feb 03
[quote author=Frangel post=128268044]
Lol. Oga, I posted it here. You did not agree with it and argued against it. Na night school I go, I nor sabi french. Lol.[/quote.

Yes i didn'tagree with you because we believed it was buy out .You for say it was based on retained earnings .Make you thank God I no loose money. I for show you street here.we for fight here till next Yr.....na joke oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kreos44: 2:04pm On Feb 03
[quote author=Streetinvestor2 post=128268484][/quote]
We wey never see anything, wetin make we talk? I don check my mobile app so tey the app dey show me balance now before I put pin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Demaxl(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03
How do i get into stock exchange as a beginner?
I am a student and I want to get into the market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03
Demaxl:
How do i get into stock exchange as a beginner?
I am a student and I want to get into the market

You are a student and you want to invest your fathers hard earned money in stocks.
The school alone is investment.Your father is investing in you right now.Concentrate on your studies now.During your youth service, you can begin to learn about stocks.

Putting your money in stocks while studying will give you emotional issues which wont be good to you.

My kobo advice

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03
Locotrader:

You are a student and you want to invest your fathers hard earned money in stocks.
The school alone is investment.Your father is investing in you right now.Concentrate on your studies now.During your youth service, you can begin to learn about stocks.

Putting your money in stocks while studying will give you emotional issues which wont be good to you.

My kobo advice

I disagree with you, as a student he can invest with as little as N5000.

I have mentored students who were able to build up a portfolio of over N1 million before they were called up for NYSC.

There are students in Lagos and major cities that are making more money than the average worker.

With the internet we have endless opportunities to making money.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) (7575) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BabsO2(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.