Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10852282 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dammybrite: 8:03am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

I buy from my bank and then move the investment to my CSCS account

Thank you, my Oga, for enlightening us. What's the procedure for moving FGN bonds from bank to CSCS?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17am On Mar 26
dammybrite:

Thank you, my Oga, for enlightening us. What's the procedure for moving FGN bonds from bank to CSCS?

You write the bank and CSCS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BuchyD: 8:21am On Mar 26
SonofElElyonRet:

That's bad of you... no bad news in the horizon but you wish for it.... so you can enter blue chip stocks at rock bottom prices.... not caring that a crash can ruin some investors... there are low priced stocks with huge prospects you can enter into.. doesn't have to be the high and mighty ones

Be calming down bro!.... "Bad news" is figurative and it's an integral part of trading. Prices will always rise & fall & when it falls,it gives room for entry.

Haven't you (re) entered stocks at a very good (low) price before?.... If you have,then know it that some were "crying" at that time for losing money(bad news).

Stock market sometimes na "as e dey pain Dem, e dey sweet us" scenario.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:35am On Mar 26
SonofElElyonRet:

That's bad of you... no bad news in the horizon but you wish for it.... so you can enter blue chip stocks at rock bottom prices.... not caring that a crash can ruin some investors... there are low priced stocks with huge prospects you can enter into.. doesn't have to be the high and mighty ones

Lol how do you think people make money in financial markets? There is no vacuum. As someone is making big money, another is losing big money. If you don't come to terms with this, then .....

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:09am On Mar 26
Today's Top Volume Trades

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:11am On Mar 26
emmaodet:

Okay, Iay likely get inside and average down if it falls below my entry price.
About the fixed income, it is dicey considering Nigeria's regular devaluation.
I had interest in it before, but I am considering dollar denominated mutual funds.
Please what is the interest rate or yearly return on ucap dollar mutual fund? I checked their site/app but doesn't really get the rate.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:12am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

I have both of them, my average cost price is less than N5. 00

Sold 25% of my United Capital and 20% of my Nahco shares last week to buy fixed income investment at 20% guarantee return

WISDOM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:14am On Mar 26
KarlTom:
Today's market was so-so smiley

ELLAHLAKES stood strong for those that bought when it was $2+
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:15am On Mar 26
KarlTom:
100%.

It will shock you to know that many wealthy Nigerians (home or abroad) do not do stocks but prefer fixed instruments... grin

Really
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:20am On Mar 26
Agbalowomeri:

Lol how do you think people make money in financial markets? There is no vacuum. As someone is making big money, another is losing big money. If you don't come to terms with this, then .....

Like i said there are other low priced stocks with huge potentials you can accumulate.... doesn't have to be the blue chip ones that you are wishing calamity upon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:23am On Mar 26
BuchyD:

Be calming down bro!.... "Bad news" is figurative and it's an integral part of trading. Prices will always rise & fall & when it falls,it gives room for entry.

Haven't you (re) entered stocks at a very good (low) price before?.... If you have,then know it that some were "crying" at that time for losing money(bad news).

Stock market sometimes na "as e dey pain Dem, e dey sweet us" scenario.

He used the word "crash".... that's significant
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:30am On Mar 26
SonofElElyonRet:

Like i said there are other low priced stocks with huge potentials you can accumulate.... doesn't have to be the blue chip ones that you are wishing calamity upon

It is a cycle
It will surely come
Though it tarries.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 9:31am On Mar 26
Please when will company results for the year 2023 start coming out? One need the dividend that follows.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:37am On Mar 26
SonofElElyonRet:

He used the word "crash".... that's significant

But it is during market crash that investors with cash flow and liquidity have the opportunity to grow their wealth
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:47am On Mar 26
Agbalowomeri:

It is a cycle
It will surely come
Though it tarries.....

Last crash was covid triggered... pandemic crash for cash.. guess some guys wouldn't mind that.. i prefer pull backs to crashes even though crashes will come... may they be Centennial or Millennial rather than Decennial
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:49am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

But it is during market crash that investors with cash flow and liquidity have the opportunity to grow their wealth

NSEMPA is an ocean of sharks grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:01am On Mar 26
Ding! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:17am On Mar 26
Seems Morgan is down.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:19am On Mar 26
Deadlytruth:
Seems Morgan is down.
working well. check your internet connection or log out and log in again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:43am On Mar 26
SonofElElyonRet:

NSEMPA is an ocean of sharks grin

Then you need to adapt to the habitat and learn how to swim with the sharks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 10:51am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

Then you need to adapt to the habitat and learn how to swim with the sharks

I am surviving grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:17am On Mar 26
ExcessKJ:
Good evening,

Please, is it a right conclusion that, Morrison was pump today, to 10% since a single deal traded the equity. Also, I noticed CAVERTON closing price of 1.75 sent by Morgan capital is less than its VWAP of 1.70 - overvalued?
Morrison wasn't pump! It was the normal trading, Cross Deal precisely..........even though it was a single deal all thru the trading day, in as much as it met the requirement for price mvmt, it was normal.

As for Caverton, it wasn't overvalued either.
VWAP, is the weighted average
Na Oga Meshpips, Osita or other ogas Sabi explain this better. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:21am On Mar 26
GT, ZEE, not doing badly in Market
f.u.g.a.z. generally
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26
If you have a stock portfolio of over 50m,

Will you sell to generate fixed income of at least 10m given current rates of over 20%. If not how will you balance your portfolio to also take advantage of bothe the ngx and fixed income rates. Total annual dividend from same portfolio is less than 4m

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 12:31pm On Mar 26
debeey87:

Will you sell to generate fixed income of at least 10m given current rates of over 20%. If not how will you balance your portfolio to also take advantage of bothe the ngx and fixed income rates. Total annual dividend from same portfolio is less than 4m

This is not a bad idea at all.

I would split it 20% 80%. 20% in FI and CP investments. And 80% in equities. Giving that I'm still "young", I'd take as many calculated risk as possible at this age as I can still stomach risks considering my risk appetite. Just imagine buying DS/NS at current prices and then it's relisted at say N100. That's almost 100% ROI. You can even consider other fundamentally sound stocks for Capital appreciation and good dividend payouts... E go make sense. That's my 2kobo sha

#Edited

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:36pm On Mar 26
Ginalex:
This is not a bad idea at all

Answer the question

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:36pm On Mar 26
debeey87:

This 50m portfolio could turn 30m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26
debeey87:

Personal finance experts believe we should subtract our age from 110 whatever you get is the percentage of your portfolio that should be in equities. Although I use 120.

Meaning if you are 30 years old. That is 110 minus 30 will give you 80. That is 80% to equities and 20% to fixed income

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 1:18pm On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

FGN savings bond is different from FGN bond.

FGN savings bond is for 2 to 3 years

FGN bonds are for 5 years to 20 years

If I miss the FGN bond now, is it possible to acquire it at the secondary market at saw rate? And Yield?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26
yMcy56:

Morrison wasn't pump! It was the normal trading, Cross Deal precisely..........even though it was a single deal all thru the trading day, in as much as it met the requirement for price mvmt, it was normal.

As for Caverton, it wasn't overvalued either.
VWAP, is the weighted average
Na Oga Meshpips, Osita or other ogas Sabi explain this better. smiley

@yMcy56 please, if Morrison was not pump yesterday with a single deal of a volume of 132,093, then why didn't other listed companies not appreciate even more yesterday since some volumes were in millions. Regarding vwap, I found out is values traded for the day divided by volume for the day - which I believe should best indicate ideal price of that stock

But most importantly, I sent a mail to you a couple of days ago. Kindly respond to it. I will be very glad to be in touch with you. Thank you very much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:26pm On Mar 26
debeey87:

With my my loot earlier in the year, did a 80-20 split on Fixed income and Equity respectively. Scouting for opportunities with proceeds from the fixed-income. All I need is just a constant 5-10% monthly.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: presiade(m), freeman67 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.