Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10980683 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7766) (7767) (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) ... (7784) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 3:50pm On May 12
Mills55:
Who's holding FIRST BANK result oo? They should please release it. Dividend is very important this period.

Any company you see O is always filled with great corruption!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 4:35pm On May 12
KarlTom:
Actually I think it's the reverse.
Dividend hunters don't care about price fluctuations. All they are after is a constant or increasing dividend payout.
Whereas traders buy at a cheap expecting to sell when price goes up ... wink

I get you but no one likes seeing stock permanently down so the trick is to buy fundamentally solid stocks that will always come back up.. you never know.. one might need to sell for a reason

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 6:00pm On May 12
ositadima1:

All these no mean jare, howmuch u made is the koko, are you making money? cheesy

I do make money now and then using a trading plan and strategy that is often not recommended by most traders, but which works for me. I use a strategy which is close to what is technically called scalping. I trade on only highly liquid stocks using large position size, sometimes all my money in one trade. I trade stocks that I know I can buy or sell all my holding in a day. This limits me to only about 6 to 10 stocks on the NGX. I hold only 1 or 2 stocks at a time. I trade just about 3 to 5 times a year. But due to the position size I use these trades give me enough income for the year. I use TA and momentum to determine my entry and exit points, and strictly apply stop loss.

As I said most people don't recommend this strategy due to it's high risk, and I don't recommend it either. I don't claim to be perfect either as no body is beyond succumbing to emotions.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 7:03pm On May 12
This page is like my daily dose of dopamine

cool I salute all of you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 7:37pm On May 12
Almost all the time I tried this, I have not been able to reenter, I non know who I offend.

I tried it with Dangote Cement at around 160 and since then they shut the door at me.
vacanci:

Well, that's what you may think just as some think that TA is nothing.

When I bought dangote sugar, I had 86,500 units. All those times that dangote was doing roller coaster, I was following this same luck of mine. Selling high and wait to catch lower without adding an extra single naira to the investment, I now have 155,210 units.

As some set their microscope on the share prices appreciation, me I am setting mine on increasing my holdings with same initial investment. I no dey get money now and then to invest, so the one I put there, I use an work tirelessly
I understand this my type of luck. Na wetin dey work for me be this

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 7:42pm On May 12
ositadima1:

That is actually incorrect. There are times when stocks don't appreciate, and yet they are marked down. It is even possible for a stock to have been falling, and yet it is marked down. I have explained why before.

Not by force to take my word for it o.

Here is a copy from another source:

Stocks typically mark down because the dividend payment is a reduction in the company's assets, which in turn reduces the value of the shares. Here are some key points to consider:

1. *Dividend payment*: On the dividend pay date, the company distributes a portion of its earnings to shareholders, which reduces its cash reserves and total assets.
2. *Reduced assets*: As a result, the company's asset base is reduced, which in turn reduces the value of the shares.
3. *Share price adjustment*: To reflect this reduction in assets, the stock price is adjusted downward by the amount of the dividend paid per share.
4. *Ex-dividend date*: This adjustment typically occurs on the ex-dividend date, which is the first trading day after the record date (the date by which shareholders must own the stock to receive the dividend).
5. *Price drop*: As a result, the stock price typically drops by the amount of the dividend paid per share on the ex-dividend date.

This markdown is a normal part of the dividend payment process and reflects the reduction in the company's assets and the distribution of value to shareholders.

wink

This does justice to your question. Just to add: NGX operates a market-determined pricing model. So, the assumption is that the price of the stock before mark-down captures the market's valuation of the company. Since the dividend represents a reduction in the company's value, an equivalent reduction in the share price has to be effected to maintain the market's valuation of the company.

Mr Market na Idan. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 8:34pm On May 12
IYGEAL:

You're doing well jare.

I know one of my ogas who would always sell before dividend payment and waited for a while to buy more after dividend. I don't think it has ever failed him. One just has to be patient and stick to plan.

While sometimes stocks go up after dividend, they often fall way lower than before dividend, historically. That's when he buys back with idle money.

You have just said the key word, PATIENCE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:39pm On May 12
ojesymsym:
Almost all the time I tried this, I have not been able to reenter, I non know who I offend.

I tried it with Dangote Cement at around 160 and since then they shut the door at me.
hahaha. My brother cement do me the same thing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:13am On May 13
Haha. The door they closed is size 160.
The door of size 600 is now open wide.
It is bigger and wider, so you can reenter easily... wink

ojesymsym:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:43am On May 13
Another good news of OandO faithfuls

Oil production officially commence at OML 13 with the first ever 6,000 barrels on 6th May, 2024. This figure should rise to 40,000 bpd by 27th May, 2024... grin

OandO has a 40% working interest in OML 13

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:40am On May 13
ojesymsym:

Chai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:42am On May 13
KarlTom:
Another good news of OandO faithfuls

Oil production officially commence at OML 13 with the first ever 6,000 barrels on 6th May, 2024. This figure should rise to 40,000 bpd by 27th May, 2024... grin

OandO has a 40% working interest in OML 13

And if they don't delist eh?

OANDO and gamble eh grin

I won't be surprise if it enters full bid today

© Peter © Prophet food don land ooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 10:00am On May 13
Ding shocked!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On May 13
Ding!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:16am On May 13
Can anyone place an order for UBA on Morgan?
It is not available on the dropdown list of equity... sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 10:19am On May 13
KarlTom:

Check the premium board

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:19am On May 13
KarlTom:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WestPB: 10:31am On May 13
KarlTom:

Kindly check it out under listed equities on premium board

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 10:32am On May 13
KarlTom:

UBA is on premium board. You either select All board or premium to see it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 10:35am On May 13
Please does anyone have live trading link of nse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:38am On May 13
Nevermind.
I was searching under equity... smiley

KarlTom:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:27pm On May 13
KarlTom:
Nevermind.
I was searching under equity... smiley
You're supposed to say 'thank you' to those that replied and supplied answer to your inquiry instead.....not nevermind.. tongue

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:34pm On May 13
chillykelly86:

Who knows the full requirements for moving stock prices? Last I read, not all stocks require 100,000 units for their price to move.
Attached has been posted here times without number....
This is updated version.......which stipulates that all stocks, irrespective of category, required 100k single unit to move prices officially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:34pm On May 13
yMcy56:

You're supposed to say 'thank you' to those that replied and supplied answer to your inquiry instead.....not nevermind.. tongue

That's why sometimes some persons ignore questions asked here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:46pm On May 13
megawealth01:

That's why sometimes some persons ignore questions asked here

What happens if 100,000 units are offered for sale, but buyers purchase them in fractions? I mean, does the rule apply only when 100,000 units are traded as a single block?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:49pm On May 13
ositadima1:
What happens if 100,000 units are offered for sale, but buyers purchase them in fractions? I mean, does the rule apply only when 100,000 units are traded as a single block?
Yes! The rule applies only when 100,000 or above is traded in a single block.
Even if 2m units is traded in Fraction without any 100k block in-between, it won't still move the price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 12:50pm On May 13
Oando is a hidden gem covered with dirt. Very soon, the dirt will be washed away and folks will discover this very precious gem!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:50pm On May 13
Zagee:
https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/11/ngx-lists-n4-075-billion-ava-infrastructure-fund/
Only 4075 units listed at N1m each. No glitch o boss. smiley

Cc yMcy56
I don see am o. No be small thing...
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:57pm On May 13
Thank you everyone grin
yMcy56:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:58pm On May 13
ProphetUtuocha:
Oando is a hidden gem covered with dirt. Very soon, the dirt will be washed away and folks will discover this very precious gem!

Poetic!
The ''prophet'' is now speaking in parables, so that those who do not have ears may hear, and those who have ears to hear may not understand''!
Those interested in making Megawealth through Oando should not hesitate but believe in the prophet!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:08pm On May 13
This market self!!
I carry product for mind come market to buy only to buy another one. Wetin sef
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 1:10pm On May 13
KayOn1:
This market self!!
I carry product for mind come market to buy only to buy another one. Wetin sef

Na so o, my brother grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7766) (7767) (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) ... (7784) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maishai, donchichi, KarlTom, stepbystep1010, Hedgefunds, UncleBone, faoogoke(m), Obinkita(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.