Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,448 members, 7,864,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11086123 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) ... (7819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:43am On May 22
SonofElElyonRet:

I just got mine too. Shortpaid by N30.40. I've requested for the shortfall grin

How una dey manage get this una dividend sharp sharp like this. I have called Meristem twice now and they said it takes likes 2 weeks. Anyway to FastTrack it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:02pm On May 22
KayOn1:

How una dey manage get this una dividend sharp sharp like this. I have called Meristem twice now and they said it takes likes 2 weeks. Anyway to FastTrack it?

Afriprud for Transcorp Power
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Amaa2019(m): 12:05pm On May 22
KarlTom:
Africa Prudential Registrars...

NB: My friend who uses ARM Securities, got his dividend this morning and he did not fill any e-mandate form. Same with his GTCO dividend.
I think dividend payment is becoming automated with some brokers... wink

Also got my dividend for Fidelity last week without filling any mandate (I use i-invest)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:13pm On May 22
SonofElElyonRet:

Afriprud for Transcorp Power

No. Berger Paints.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by defebe: 12:24pm On May 22
This place is dry...wat happened
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 12:31pm On May 22
defebe:
This place is dry...wat happened
Na the market cause am... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 12:46pm On May 22
IB Rights issue @3.65 -- 6 new for 1 held at May 2 when we never see Wema Bank own.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:25pm On May 22
ositadima1:
I did a quick back-of-the-envelope analysis based on worse-case scenarios:

In 2023, Zenith made a Profit After Tax (PAT) of 679 billion Naira at 21.5 Earnings Per Share (EPS), with an outstanding share count (OS) of 31 billion.

Checking the 2023 statement of profit and loss on page 40, I found these lines questionable: "Trading gains" at 566.9 billion Naira and "Other operating income" at 242.5 billion Naira, both explained in more detail in Notes 10 and 11 respectively. These two lines have significantly increased from the 2022 figures, and they are both tied to the Naira devaluation. As a result, I can reasonably assume that the 2024 figures may not be as high if the Naira retraces or maintains its current stability.

So, I have discounted for the 2024 figures, and if all goes well, I estimate the 2024 PAT to be around 379 billion Naira. (Note that "Interest and similar income" more than doubled from the previous year, but I have chosen to leave it as is, as I expect the reversion to the mean to be canceled out by growth.)

If the additional OS reaches 12 billion (which I believe will be needed to raise an additional 300 billion Naira at 25 Naira per share), then the 2024 EPS would drop to 8.6. If they add 25 billion new shares instead, the EPS would drop to 6.6. If they do nothing, I expect the EPS to settle at 12.

In conclusion, in all scenarios, and with things going normally, they should be able to maintain the 4 Naira dividend (4.5 to 5 Naira is even more possible), irrespective of the number of additional shares added.

My concern is what will happen in the meantime - will the share price reach 25 Naira? If so, would it be better to exit the investment and re-enter at a better time, even if it means forgoing the 4 Naira dividend?

Oga Agba, I need your input. grin cheesy

Zenith has hit support at around 31, and the next support seems to be in the 25-26.5 region. Buying here for short-term gains looks good, with the potential to make 10 to 15%. I would prefer to use half of the bankroll (money management) for the current levels, and the other half at the 25-26.5 region if it ever reaches there. grin grin cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:26pm On May 22
shocked shocked

6 new for 1 old OR 1 new for 6 old...

KayOn1:
IB Rights issue @3.65 -- 6 new for 1 held at May 2 when we never see Wema Bank own.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 1:38pm On May 22
Raider76:
Transcorp Power dividend just landed grin

Mine landed too. Who knows what will be the fate แปf their share price after this dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 1:39pm On May 22
KarlTom:
Africa Prudential Registrars...

NB: My friend who uses ARM Securities, got his dividend this morning and he did not fill any e-mandate form. Same with his GTCO dividend.
I think dividend payment is becoming automated with some brokers... wink

I use I-invest app and I did not fill anything
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:41pm On May 22
KarlTom:
shocked shocked

6 new for 1 old OR 1 new for 6 old...

Exactly what I said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:43pm On May 22
KayOn1:

Exactly what I said.

No be wetin dey write for there abi village people don come?

** So we should be expecting IB @3.65 on the floor, no be so?

Ok.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:45pm On May 22
Utalinmou:

Mine landed too. Who knows what will be the fate แปf their share price after this dividend

Maybe we go fit enter then follow una jolly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:03pm On May 22
Transcorp @10.60, Japaul @1.80, Nascon @33, ... na wa! Make Panic selling no set in o.

** Well, there are people that bought below 2 still holding so they have nothing to loose. Same scenario I envisage with DS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:14pm On May 22
KayOn1:
Transcorp @10.60, Japaul @1.80, Nascon @33, ... na wa! Make Panic selling no set in o.

** Well, there are people that bought below 2 still holding so they have nothing to loose. Same scenario I envisage with DS.
lol!
"Panic talk" can lead to panic sell
Nascon SP != 33
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 2:18pm On May 22
BullBearMkt:

lol!
Nascon SP != 33
grin grin grin grin grin

Then 'Panic sell' can cause liver failure... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:19pm On May 22
DeRuggedProf:

Then 'Panic sell' can cause liver failure... grin
...that's deadly cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 3:08pm On May 22
Thanks to that person who posted the NIBSS link for e-dividend self-service. Can't find the post to quote in appreciation.

I got the dividends of Zenith and StanbicIBTC which I enrolled for without the bank/stockbroker/registrar paper process.

Waiting for the others.

Here is the link for any other person who might need it:

https://docuhub3.nibss-plc.com.ng/edmms/self-service

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 3:13pm On May 22
Audacius:
Thanks to that person who posted the NIBSS link for e-dividend self-service. Can't find the post to quote in appreciation.

I got the dividends of Zenith and StanbicIBTC which I enrolled for without the bank/stockbroker/registrar paper process.

Waiting for the others.

Let them know that it's not free too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:25pm On May 22
Credit alert o for all the dividends at once. My Berger Paint dividends no come reach 2 weeks again.

Abeg, Meristem people for here, I dobale for una.
Respect ๐Ÿ™.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 3:39pm On May 22
BullBearMkt:

lol!
Nascon SP != 33
grin grin grin grin grin

I need the "Panic Sell" to reach NAHCO & a few others ASAP!

As here don too quiet, make I dey keep am going small small till our madam & moderator(s) come back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:42pm On May 22
KayOn1:

Exactly what I said.
This guys must be high.6 new shares for 1.what will now be the Os of IB

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:12pm On May 22
KayOn1:

As here don too quiet, make I dey keep am going small small till our madam & moderator(s) come back.
UCAP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:39pm On May 22
The dividend is actually 3.1283 (instead of 3.13)... grin

SonofElElyonRet:

I just got mine too. Shortpaid by N30.40. I've requested for the shortfall grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 4:53pm On May 22
Same thing I thought when I saw KayOn post.
I definitely would not exercise the rights.
I will target sub 3.20 as entry... wink

Streetinvestor2:
This guys must be high.6 new shares for 1.what will now be the Os of IB
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 4:53pm On May 22
Audacius:

Waiting for the others.

Have filled the necessary info and documents on the portal.
Please how do I track my dividends progress? I downloaded a document with some numbers for each stock.
How do I use it? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:54pm On May 22
Nothing person no go see for this nse.IB is offering over160billion shares as right issue. This management have finally decided to bury this company.All this useless men when they settle them.They go to agm with thr 5 units in the company to approve anything in the name of shareholders association. Some of this shareholders association chairman you see in every agm need good beating for some of this rubbish to stop.

OGG whr are you.Na watin you say you see again in this company .

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:19pm On May 22
grin grin grin

Streetinvestor2:
Nothing person no go see for this nse.IB is offering over160billion shares as right issue. This management have finally decided to bury this company.All this useless men when they settle them.They go to agm with thr 5 units in the company to approve anything in the name of shareholders association. Some of this shareholders association chairman you see in every agm need good beating for some of this rubbish to stop.

OGG whr are you.Na watin you say you see again in this company .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 5:34pm On May 22
KarlTom:
grin grin grin

The market sure has a way of humbling someone.

For some stocks, the correction abi battering don too much wey even people wey dey find grave robber price dey even see am ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ.

How do I justify that the second tranche of my Chams is sitting on close to 40% paper loss eventhough I know it will recover?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 5:43pm On May 22
KayOn1:

Regarding the quietness of this place, you never see anything lol.... This place go be like cemetery when the real bears take over.

I said it before, when e red, everybody go fly fence grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:53pm On May 22
KarlTom:
The dividend is actually 3.1283 (instead of 3.13)... grin

Oh thanks..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) ... (7819) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Testimonies777(m), 1J3o0A2, egojeny1(f), athorello(m), Mfunkynation(m), Toluway, joedguy, SetrakusRa(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.