Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (353291 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
mikky4all:
Am having a problem with my samsung galaxy S111. When I try putting ON the hotspot it will report MOBILE DATA UNAVAILABLE or INVALID SIM, and am still having about 3GB data on ma aitrel.

Can u browse normally on ur phone?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Stanley08:

Can u browse normally on ur phone?
Yes, I can browse. Very well. Just the hotspot tethering not working
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 2:53am On Feb 06, 2013
mikky4all:
Yes, I can browse. Very well. Just the hotspot tethering not working

And i asked if you were using a custom ROM or Original Samsung stock ROM. Did you try resetting the phone?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 8:03am On Feb 06, 2013
Stanley08:

And i asked if you were using a custom ROM or Original Samsung stock ROM. Did you try resetting the phone?
Don't seem to get the custom ROM or the Original samsung stock ROM. Hw am I to check this. Someone told me I will require a minimum of 5GB to use the s3 tehtering. Hw true is this
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:32am On Feb 06, 2013
mikky4all:
Don't seem to get the custom ROM or the Original samsung stock ROM. Hw am I to check this. Someone told me I will require a minimum of 5GB to use the s3 tehtering. Hw true is this

5GB of what?! And I want to believe that is A LOAD of Bullocks!

To know if you using a custom ROM, go into Settings > About Phone. either write everything there and post here for me. or better still, scroll down to the end of the page and take a screenshot.

How to take a SS - Hold down power button and home button together for about 2 seconds.
Then get screenshot from sdcard/pictures/screenshots. Upload scrrenshot here.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by 2kurupt(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Nice job your doing here mate.

Can I update to jellybean or any OS version on an unlocked gs3, without losing the network unlock?

I know iPhones have such issues but how does Android fare?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
Stanley08:

5GB of what?! And I want to believe that is A LOAD of Bullocks!

To know if you using a custom ROM, go into Settings > About Phone. either write everything there and post here for me. or better still, scroll down to the end of the page and take a screenshot.

How to take a SS - Hold down power button and home button together for about 2 seconds.
Then get screenshot from sdcard/pictures/screenshots. Upload scrrenshot here.
Dis is it bro

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by flameforx(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
i have been hearing u guys talk about custom roms but i dont know much about it,plz guys how can i instal custom rom in my samsung s2 19100 running on jellybean,which one is the best for it(cos i think they are many out there) and whats the benefit.

i really need help plz
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
2kurupt: Nice job your doing here mate.

Can I update to jellybean or any OS version on an unlocked gs3, without losing the network unlock?

I know iPhones have such issues but how does Android fare?

Unlocked or International version? GT-I9300?

mikky4all:
Dis is it bro

Hey mate! This is Not an International version S3. So i really can't help you there. Also, that might probably be the problem.

flameforx: i have been hearing u guys talk about custom roms but i dont know much about it,plz guys how can i instal custom rom in my samsung s2 19100 running on jellybean,which one is the best for it(cos i think they are many out there) and whats the benefit.

i really need help plz

See my next post (i just hope it doesn't get hidden)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMS ON INTERNATIONAL VERSION S2 (GT-I9100)

IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU ARE ROOTED

How to root here - http://www./OfficialSamsungGalaxySII/doc/513893181957772/

BACKUP! BACKUP!! BACKUP!!!

1. DO A NANDROID BACKUP from recovery (IMPORTANT!!!)

Reboot into recovery (Home + VolumeUp + Power) keep holding till you get the recovery screen OR Just Open the CWM app in phone and hit Recovery under Reboot.

Go to Backup and Restore, select backup to external memory (make sure you have at least 2GB Free on ur ext SD).

Wait for it to finish. After done, +++ GO BACK +++

Then select the 'Reboot system now' option.

2. Backup all USER apps using Titanium backup (DO NOT BACKUP ANY SYSTEM APP unless you know what you are doing : The ones in red colour are SYSTEM apps)

(Titanium Backup PRO - http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/84419695/file.html)

3. Backup SMS, Call Logs, and contacts using 'Super BackUp' app. Download from store for Free.

(Super Backup - http://www.sendmyway.com/hwfbvpinnx3g)

BACKUP DONE!

Now ready to flash the ROM...

1. Copy ROM (zip file) to a special folder in phone, anywhere! internal or external SD (I advice you name the folder 'AAAAA' to make it easier to find)

2. Reboot into recovery (I wrote how to do this above already)

3. Do WIPES (Note: FULL WIPE is only needed when going to a different ROM. So when upgrading same ROM to a newer version, only Wipe Dalvik and cache partition. cheesy )

i, Wipe Dalvik Cache (under Advanced in recovery menu)

ii, Wipe Data/Factory Reset

iii, Wipe Cache partition

iv, Go into 'Mounts and Storage' then select 'format /system'

WIPES DONE!

+++GO BACK+++

4. Flash the ROM using 'Install Zip from sd card option' then select install from internal or external SD'

Of course, depending on where the zip file (ROM) was copied to.

SCROLLING

Up - Vol Up button

Down - Volume Down button

Select/OK - Power button (single click)

Back - +++GO BACK+++

U can also Navigate using the touch screen, but i will not advice this, so u do not make a mistake (Because you are a NOOB! cheesy ).

5. Now you should scroll to where the ROM is 'AAAAA' folder if you followed my suggestion.

6. Select the ROM with the power button and scroll down to yes and acknowledge it.

(!!!FLASHING WILL NOW BEGIN!!!) - This should take a only couple of seconds

(though it is depending on the ROM flashing method - IF an AROMA installer comes up, you just select the options you want like you are installing a PC software)

When Flashing is done, you will get a message saying Install successful.

+++ GO BACK +++

8. Reboot system now.

First Boot will take longer than usual (As you have cleared the dalvik cache), so DON'T PANIC, be patient.

9. After phone boots up, you can set it up with WiFi if you wish, or skip the setup to do with WiFi or 3G later.

ENJOY YOUR CUSTOM ROM!!!

OPTIONAL

10. Restore your Apps and data using Titanium backup.

11. Restore your Call Log, SMS and Contacts (if you do not sync your contacts with google) with SMS & Contacts Backup app.

ENJOY!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2013
Stanley08:

Unlocked or International version? GT-I9300?

Hey mate! This is Not an International version S3. So i really can't help you there. Also, that might probably be the problem.

See my next post (i just hope it doesn't get hidden)

It is the at&t version bro. So I guess it is international
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by geefivez(m): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hello guy, please I need an urgent help on my Samsung galaxy s GT-19000.when I power it,the screen will display the welcome message but refused to boot. It will be vibrating periodically.
Please what can I do to make it work.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by atilla(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
slumbee:

pls what O.S re u running on?

How do I check my os?
Not sure if this is what you mean but I see android 2.3.3 also gingerbread.xwkf3

Please what is a custom rom and what does root phone mean. Does it mean to plant my phone smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
mikky4all:
It is the at&t version bro. So I guess it is international

At&t is American bro. NOT International mate!

geefivez: Hello guy, please I need an urgent help on my Samsung galaxy s GT-19000.when I power it,the screen will display the welcome message but refused to boot. It will be vibrating periodically.

This is called a bootloop mate, probably you didnt wipe your phone before upgrading or something. Here is how you can fix it

1. Turn phone off.
2. Reboot into recovery mode (Hold down Home + VolumeUp + Power buttons together; keep holding till you get the recovery screen)
3. Wipe Data/factory reset
4. Wipe Cache partition
5. Reboot system now.

How to control
Up - Vol Up button
Down - Volume Down button
Select/OK - Power button (single click)

atilla:

How do I check my os?
Not sure if this is what you mean but I see android 2.3.3 also gingerbread.xwkf3

Please what is a custom rom and what does root phone mean. Does it mean to plant my phone smiley

Baba! Plant ke?!!!

Rooting - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

Custom ROMs - OSes modded by developers that you can flash on your phone for better battery life, more functionality, increased performance and what have you... And you MUST be rooted to flash a custom ROM. Read rooting above.

Below is a screenshot showing my International Galaxy S3 IN BEAST MODE! Running a Custom ROM and a Custom Kernel! smiley

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls to all s3 samsung expert. I saw software update on a phone, can I do it directly and won't it cause any problem or change to ma phone.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by UncleJJ(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
mikky4all: Pls expert in the house, my galaxy s3 tethering is not working. Its just writing mobile data unavailable. Pls help me out asap

get foxfi from here but its limited. u can use ur gtb naira mastercard or gtb visa dollar card to buy the full version. @N1000 ~
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by UncleJJ(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
geefivez: Hello guy, please I need an urgent help on my Samsung galaxy s GT-19000.when I power it,the screen will display the welcome message but refused to boot. It will be vibrating periodically.

See https://www.nairaland.com/1131501/galaxy-s2-galaxy-s3-expert/1#14194240 ... thanks to stanley08
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
UncleJJ:

See https://www.nairaland.com/1131501/galaxy-s2-galaxy-s3-expert/1#14194240 ... thanks to stanley08

You are welcome mate. smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mikky4all(m): 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
UncleJJ:

get foxfi from here but its limited. u can use ur gtb naira mastercard or gtb visa dollar card to buy the full version. @N1000 ~
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en

Sorry what am I to do with foxfi
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by soladnet14: 6:11am On Feb 11, 2013
Please what can you say about this my sgs2, how can i upgrade the software? thanks

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2013
soladnet14: Please what can you say about this my sgs2, how can i upgrade the software? thanks

Sorry, no you can't. You are already running the latest firmware for your phone, the Canadian (I9100MUGLD3) one.

And if you paid full price for this S2, you were cheated. Because this is not the international version of S2. I'm pretty sure it's from Canada tho. Its an original phone, but instead of the International GT-I9100 you have GT-I9100M. Sorry. U are stuck here.

mikky4all:
Sorry what am I to do with foxfi

Mate! Comeon! Read the description. If he gives you a glass of water, you don't expect him to also pour it down ur throat for you. It's a app for WiFi tethering. Looks good too...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mhozzis(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
I upgraded my galaxy s2 from GB to CM9 SUCCESFULLY after backin up my stock rom. A week after, i decided to restore the stock rom which i backed up with cwm. I entered cwm recoverry and clicked on backup/restore and then clicked advance restore.
It brought options to restore data, cache, system. I restored the system and when it said successful it asked me to reboot. I did a reboot and after d samsung welcome screen it does not show the splash S boot logo, thus it doesn't boot but instead the screen just goes dark/black like when the phone is off but touching the soft keys shows the off is actually on.
I don't know whats wrong with the phone. can anybody help pls?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by spenca: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
pls ma sII is requesting me for sim ntwrk unlock code after i upgraded from ics to jelly bean,pls help bruh with the code coz av bn unable to use the fone....plssssss its a i9100
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
mhozzis: I upgraded my galaxy s2 from GB to CM9 SUCCESFULLY after backin up my stock rom. A week after, i decided to restore the stock rom which i backed up with cwm. I entered cwm recoverry and clicked on backup/restore and then clicked advance restore.
It brought options to restore data, cache, system. I restored the system and when it said successful it asked me to reboot. I did a reboot and after d samsung welcome screen it does not show the splash S boot logo, thus it doesn't boot but instead the screen just goes dark/black like when the phone is off but touching the soft keys shows the off is actually on.
I don't know whats wrong with the phone. can anybody help pls?

you attempted to restore a GB system unto an ICS base. = Bootloop. Do regular restore (not advanced)

Or wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by mhozzis(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Stanley08:

you attempted to restore a GB system unto an ICS base. = Bootloop. Do regular restore (not advanced)

Or wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik.
Thanks boss, but how do i do this, as all attempts to enter recovery proved abursive. Thank again
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
mhozzis: Thanks boss, but how do i do this, as all attempts to enter recovery proved abursive. Thank again

Shut down phone completely, then hold down Vlume up + home + power. keep holding them 3 buttons till you get to recovery screen.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 11:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
mikky4all: Pls to all s3 samsung expert. I saw software update on a phone, can I do it directly and won't it cause any problem or change to ma phone.

Sorry mate, just seeing this.. Please state your current firmware and exact phone model
and state what update is available...
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Jeffy1206(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2013
Here is ma fone detail can I update ma fone to ics ?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by spenca: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2013
spenca: pls ma sII is requesting me for sim ntwrk unlock code after i upgraded from ics to jelly bean,pls help bruh with the code coz av bn unable to use the fone....plssssss its a i9100
International version,someone pls help
So no one wants to help sad
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 10:44am On Feb 12, 2013
Jeffy1206: Here is ma fone detail can I update ma fone to ics ?

Make try updating through the Official Way. Download Kies and use that. smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by spenca: 11:07am On Feb 12, 2013
Stanley08:

Make try updating through the Official Way. Download Kies and use that. smiley
Do help pls
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 11:08am On Feb 12, 2013
spenca: pls ma sII is requesting me for sim ntwrk unlock code after i upgraded from ics to jelly bean,pls help bruh with the code coz av bn unable to use the fone....plssssss its a i9100

Here are the steps. U might not understand it tho...

1. Root your phone.
2. Extract your nv_data.bin
3. Look at the file with an hex-editor and goto offset 0x181460 (Ultra Edit, HxD, Hex-Workshop etc)
4. Take the hashes from 0x18146e (20 bytes), 0x18148e, 0x1814ae, 0x1814ce, 0x1814ee
5. If the hash is 7D 3E 17 CF CD 81 6C AC D4 E0 25 FA A6 50 04 FD D1 7D 51 F8 ignore it since that is 00000000
6. Put the hash into the BF exe for example:-
ighashgpu.exe /h:EF63BF26E2382917D96850CCF9632458EE6E6C77 /t:sha1 /c:d /max:8 /min:8 /salt:0000000000000000
and wait for it to finish, do that for each hash which is not zeros, the Found password: [50681318] is the code.
7. Put unaccepted simcard in the phone and when it asks for the unlock code enter them in order
8. Job done, phone is now unlocked for free.

If you cannot find a block which looks like hashes @ 0x181460, then search for SSNV and add 5216, but from the files which I have seen the block appears to be fixed @ 0x181460.

If it will not accept the code which you believe to be correct, it means the attempts have been used up, so you need to use the MCK code to unfreeze your phone, note it will not request unfreeze code, just say network lock unsucessful even your code is valid. (MCK HASH is @ offset 0x180049)

OR

SIMPLY JUST USE THIS APP - SGS 2 SIM Unlock code finder. Based on the procedure above. smiley

I have uploaded it to my dropbox for you. smiley Try it and report back. Read the 'Readme' file inside the zip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9dlryw5oocj946/Galaxy%20S2%20Unlock.zip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / FIFA 14 For Android...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.