Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever (763 Views)

Did You Watch The Best National Team Ever Play?? (PHOTO) / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? / Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
I do this almost every time I find it difficult falling asleep.

Inspired by Naptu's sister thread I present to you, the list of the greatest footballers assembled in order of importance

Your opinions will be highly appreciated

TEAM 1

Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
TEAM 2

Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
TEAM 3

Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by naptu2: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
I am in love with the strike force of your second team. Van Basten is my all-time football hero. Romario (I'll never forget Man-U vs Barcelona (1994 season Champions League). Honourable mention goes to (Mr) George Weah.

I'll be back with my list.

1 Like

Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
NOTES
1. My biggets regret of the enitre list is not putting Van Basten in the first team. He was the most natural top nine of all times. He possessed al the qualities you can imagine in a perfet number nine. Just couldn't bump anyone of that list. I guess Basten is paying for not having any spectacular world cup appearance.

2. Just couldn't pick a coach for the other two teams. So very little to choose between the several options available, Rinus Michels, Mourinho, Hiddink, Jupp Henckyes, Lippi, Cappelo, Trappatoni, Gaurdiola, Beckenbuar but I guess Fergie stands head and shoulders above

3. Rijkaard is definitely not the best right full back of all times, but he was the most versatile footballer of all times. The right full back was just the only position left available for him to fill.

4. I find it extremely painful that Di stefano, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Eusebio, Gordon Banks Abedi Pele, Roger Milla, Henry Thiery, Hagi could not make that list. I was too tired to create a team 4 (maybe somebody else will help me with that).
And by the way, that's our own Rashidi Yekin up there (Admittedly, it was based on quota/home advantage, it should actually have been Samuel Eto)
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
naptu2: I am in love with the strike force of your second team. Van Basten is my all-time football hero. Romario (I'll never forget Man-U vs Barcelona (1994 season Champions League). Honourable mention goes to (Mr) George Weah.

I'll be back with my list.

How in the world did I forget George Oppong Weah (and Batistuta, Lineker and Matthias Sammer). But on a second thougth, who I go remove (ok, maybe Yekini)
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Funny enough, the second team looks stronger (more balanced) than the first
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by VALIDATOR: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
@Mr Pak, I actually tried moving a few guys from your team2 to team1 and it was just impossible. nobody to substitute. You have an excellent team1.
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by naptu2: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Let's see if we can get this to the front page.
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Did anyone notice Dunga appeared twice ? my bad - that should have been Lothar Mathaus in team 2
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
VALIDATOR: @Mr Pak, I actually tried moving a few guys from your team2 to team1 and it was just impossible. nobody to substitute. You have an excellent team1.

Thanks man
Re: BEHOLD: The Greatest Football Team Ever by pak: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
naptu2: Let's see if we can get this to the front page.

I agree, Moving to the front page will allow more peeps to contribute their lists.
who actually are the moderators over here ? wondering if they can be of help.

By the way, am still expecting your list.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Arsenal Not Playing On Boxing Day Fixture? / The Story Of A Nigerian Boy. parents Were Killed In Kaduna Riots Of 2002. / Sex And Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.