Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,613 members, 7,770,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:13 PM

12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success (15123 Views)

Your Best Songs Of 2012- Foreign, 9ja, Blues, Rnb, Rock Etc / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2012 / Are These The Illest Punchlines Of 2012? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by BlackPikiN(m): 1:00am On Dec 28, 2012
Take flavour's name off that list.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by abdulkayus(m): 1:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Bt OP, i dont think Brymo Album shld be on dat list cos even if he has release d album, it wil be very recent den and wit tym, i hope it will sell.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by ortopazz(m): 1:12am On Dec 28, 2012
donchris369: Mehn, this op mudered D'prince o.

brutal mastication
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by ortopazz(m): 1:18am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: Hmm. I'll have to agree with the others about Flavour's album o. It's been selling, even here in the US. It was on iTunes three days after they hit streets in Nigeria, and his videos on youtube direct people to iTunes.

The person who released an album and I had no clue was Duncan Mighty. I just got it last week lol. Apart from the two or three flop tracks, it's a solid album.

As for "Solar Plexus", haters will hate. I fell in love with that album when I first heard it and love it more every day. Dr Sid's "Chocolate", D'Prince's "Amarachi", and Wande Coal's "Forever" are the best. "O Ma Ga" is cool too.

u mean people actually buy dunkan mightyz new album? Mehn to me itz 4cked up, tweaked beats, God saved Timaya, buh Dunkan mighty am sorry, it was the same damn thing, he even had the guts to remix one of the songs frm his first album, timaya did same in UPGRADE BUH SCALED, IYAYA has burned evry1 thz yr, itz an eyah from me to Dunkan(on my part o) nt one of his sngs is buzzin

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by enigmadania(f): 1:53am On Dec 28, 2012
ogugua88: Hmm. I'll have to agree with the others about Flavour's album o. It's been selling, even here in the US. It was on iTunes three days after they hit streets in Nigeria, and his videos on youtube direct people to iTunes.

The person who released an album and I had no clue was Duncan Mighty. I just got it last week lol. Apart from the two or three flop tracks, it's a solid album.

As for "Solar Plexus", haters will hate. I fell in love with that album when I first heard it and love it more every day. Dr Sid's "Chocolate", D'Prince's "Amarachi", and Wande Coal's "Forever" are the best. "O Ma Ga" is cool too.
Mehn! I luff u for adding Wande Coal's FOREVER.
I so luff dt song

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by shizzlin: 2:01am On Dec 28, 2012
Mojibola: Pls shout 20 "eeyha"s for all of them...better luck next time...

U wikid!grin grin grin I feel for faze and ruggedman tho
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by dammytosh: 3:30am On Dec 28, 2012
Nice and perfect review.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by adim2(m): 3:43am On Dec 28, 2012
I think flavour should not have been on τ̲̅ђe list. Flavour started getting big attention i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ τ̲̅ђe west because of this album aπϑ τ̲̅ђe remix done with tiwa savage. Honestly flavour had been there but was only know i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ east not until 2012. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ i think he should not have been there.

May i ask. Did nice release any song this year. Cos  just downloaded his nokia 3310 aπϑ i D̶̲̥̅̊☺̣̣̥̇ŋ't know if that is his album.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 28, 2012
^^^ "3310" is from his Bashorun Gaa album that was released December last year. He just released two tracks last week or so; "Get It" and "Oba Won".
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Ignatio(m): 3:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Flavour should be out of that list. Op, it seems it's only Lagos you know. So Ruggedman dropped an album this year?! Unbelivable.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by bitingcool: 4:19am On Dec 28, 2012
Did anyone notice d illuminati horn on d'prince's album? This kanye west satanic link via mavin ala don jazzy and dbanj is gradually seeping into our music industry.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: Me I'm waiting For Black Magic's Album. Infact I'm drooling with saliva to eat that CD. Ma koje rush rush. With songs like Repete, Fantasy, Confam, Tomorrow, Foreigner And Rainbow I no wan hear say the album don come out and I no know undecided
And not forgeting the monster hit "Badstar" by Black Magic & Aikon (3WiseMen)
Infact I So much love the Syndik8 Crew (Lynxx, Blink, Black Magic, Nedu and Aikon) grin

that mudaphkin croaked voice shyt, i hate that guys music to the core, rubbish
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Shaw007(m): 5:36am On Dec 28, 2012
How in d worLd did brymo make dat List?? undecided

We all know how ARA went viral everywhere,so no need 2 announce dat

but "GOod mornIng omoge,baby hOw u dOoo . .tori o fyn gan I'm singing this 4 you . . ."

mehn i Love gOod morning Oh . . .

And reminisce 2,his album was gOod,fact most of them there

proLLY not dunkan,tho . . .or jhybo,or frenzy

but fact is,most of those plates are gr8 albums, do i still need 2 mention flavour??
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Lexo22(m): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2012
At op I challenge you that u didn't carry out any investigation/research before making this your wrong conclusion, what a height of a single story!... u were in ur stree, u never visited East, South-south..etal, here u re drawing a conclusion based on I hear say, too unfortunate.... just in case u don't kno, this Flavour's album u mentioned is the most sorted and played Album of all albums in naija in East and South-south the tracks that making ppl go Gaga include; Baby oku, ukwu sarambra, and Ada abia' . For the fact that a particular album is not reigning in Lagos doesn't mean is not reigning in some other places. So @op and modula always get ur fact right before u go ahead and give ppl e-media poison .... peace!

5 Likes

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by aieromon(m): 6:08am On Dec 28, 2012
I'm still searching for Capital F.E.M.I's LP and I'm quite surprised Kennis Music didn't put in any meaningful effort to make it a huge commercial success.

The singles off the album are very very good.

Oga Keke,this would have brought in more money if you had packaged him like 2face "Grass to Grace".
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by binaville: 6:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Flavour keh! he shouldn't be on that list ooooo his album is selling like madddd here in the east.

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 28, 2012
@OP am sure you have not traveled out of lagos lately, in the east flavour's album is selling more than pure-water, beer and cigarette put together.
duncan mighty is doing pretty well too though the album would have been better without some tracks, i have to skip from 3 to 15 to listen to another good song.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Dec 28, 2012
what of Tonto Dike?
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by mikuz(m): 6:44am On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu: what of Tonto Dike?

Get out of here!
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2012
mikuz:

Get out of here!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by olagamalin(m): 6:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: Me I'm waiting For Black Magic's Album. Infact I'm drooling with saliva to eat that CD. Ma koje rush rush. With songs like Repete, Fantasy, Confam, Tomorrow, Foreigner And Rainbow I no wan hear say the album don come out and I no know undecided
And not forgeting the monster hit "Badstar" by Black Magic & Aikon (3WiseMen)
Infact I So much love the Syndik8 Crew (Lynxx, Blink, Black Magic, Nedu and Aikon) grin
. Eeeyah, it has been released already http://www.notjustok.com/2011/11/30/buy-album-black-magic-blackmagic-version-1-0/
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2012
mikuz:

Get out of here!

Bros wetin do [size=18pt]TONTO DIKEH?[/size]

or Vic-O?

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by mikuz(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Bros wetin do [size=18pt]TONTO DIKEH?[/size]

or Vic-O?

It's too early for this. cool
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Ayorh4you(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama: Who is that bleached up no 6 guy shocked shocked shocked
Jeez,why do men bleach
Why does anyone bleach?

Somebody should tell him to quit the nonsense

#Team VEC.....no doubt

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Abbey2sam(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2012
I think the timing of realising the albulm matters a lot,if a song widely accepted and craved for by people is in the market,you should be patiant for pple to get tired of it before realising your own song or youR song will go unnoticed in the market, it will only get little attention that might not be upto half of your expectation..

Timing matters a lot.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by yumsty: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2012
brixton: D'prince and flavour are still selling very well... Ask any cd vendor along traffic light...Nigerians love dance-ale songs
yeah....cos nigerians dnt listen to lyrics they just listen to d beats
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by naijaobi(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2012
@OP... What is flavour's album doing on that list?? Nawa for u o.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by ocee31(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2012
basisop: Flavour's album is selling hot!!! The album was just released in October. Beer Parlour mix? Do you play wizkid in your church?

The album has several club bangers! Track 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 and 11 are all making waves in the East.
nwata bu doctor's prescription 3times in a day. The op no sabi anyfin album dat came out in october abi na nobvember that was strategically released for the yuletide season
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Arcard(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2012
In enugu if they did nt play flavours music u go no say light nd fuel no dy.
Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by emron1(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2012
basisop: Flavour's album is selling hot!!! The album was just released in October. Beer Parlour mix? Do you play wizkid in your church?

The album has several club bangers! Track 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 and 11 are all making waves in the East.
I think they believe that anything nigerian music starts and ends in lagos

1 Like

Re: 12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 28, 2012
^^^ A lot of people have that complaint, including myself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What is your favorite video or song lyrics? / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / 9ice & Demmie Vee Hit The Studio, Listen To Their New Duet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.