Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Advice On Ican - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Ican (931 Views)

Help On Ican / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / I Need Info On Ican (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2012
Hello nairalanders pls i wnt 2 seek ur opinion weda ts adviceable 2 enrol 4 ican i jux finished my sec. Skool last yr. N i dnt jux wnt 2 while away my time y still waitin 4 admission pls advice me.God bless.
Re: Advice On Ican by Odunnu: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2012
It will be the best choice to make
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2012
Oh yes, pls do. It's good to start early. Your AAT will even help your admission into school fast, and maybe a job along the line. There's no time to waste. The world is moving so fast and we're all trying to keep up with the pace. All the best.
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Pls where can i register 4 ican and ow much does it cost and i nid som1 2 enlightin me on it pls
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Go to the ICAN nigeria website. Google it. I don't want to post the link so i don't get banned by pyguru. Register for ATSWA- Accounting Technicians Scheme for West Africa. That's the first step for you. If you don't get the information you need, contact me or send me a PM.
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2012
Went to dre website buh culdnt gt d information dre n i tot u syd am goin 2 start 4rm AAT n plz ow can i gt d form n ow much does it cost to do d programme....pls i reali nid ur help on diz
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2012
Don't worry. I'll try and get you proper info and probably their office phone numbers. Next exam is in March
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 8:14am On Dec 15, 2012
Go to www.icanig.org. Scroll down to AAT, click on READ MORE.
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2012
Tank u very much 4 ur immediate response...... Pls am confused ere which 1 will i do 1st AAT or AWTS pls i reali nid it i dnt wnt 2 waste my tym witout doin somtin meaningful..... God bless u
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2012
ATSWA, AAT, ATS are all in the same category. ATSWA is the body, AAT is what you get qualified for when you are done with the exam. ATS is the exam. We have 3 stages: ATS 1, 2 and 3. Each stage has four papers, and you have to pass all of them before you proceed to the next stage.

After all this, you can proceed to the real ICAN professional exams. You'll have to write 3 stages here too before you get qualified as a Chartered Accountant
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2012
Aiit..,, can i finish d whole 3 stages witin a year? N were can i register n dre fees
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2012
No. A year and half. The exams are taken twice in a year, march and september. You can register online, but as for the fees, you'll have to check their website for it. I can't give you specific figures. You'll register first, wait for registration number, then you can pay for examination.
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2012
You can also call their office lines for more information
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2012
Alryt tanks bt am i gud 2 go considering dat am jux a waec holder n jux finished my sec skool last year
Re: Advice On Ican by Caracta(f): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2012
yes. As long as you have a good waec result
Re: Advice On Ican by Twistkihd(m): 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2012
Alryt tanks
Re: Advice On Ican by Mustay(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2012
Being that you have a good mix of young adults and adults in tuition centres, I'd recommend you 'while away time' registering for the ICAN/ATS. It is almost like a university setting i.e. the classes so before you gain admission, you have a better idea and focus of what you wanna do and where you're heading to - some of your age mates would probably have not this edge until maybe 200 or 300 level. My dear, make the best use of your youth!

(1) (Reply)

JOB VACANCY!!! Total Lifeline Concepts Ltd / Latest Job Vacancies In A Private Security Company / 2016 Deloitte Graduate Programme – Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.