Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (2339 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by ChopUrMoni: 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: . by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Hi people's

I am curious to know what your views are about internet dating (meeting someone on the net and getting into a serious relationship). Do you think is wrong or right. Please provide a valid reason.

Thanks smiley

OP,

There is noting bad in having such relationship in as much as you re OK with the mode of communication. That is the key aspect of it and believe me... it will just be like a bomb waiting to explode when you guys meet. But at least, see each other once in 18 months...
Re: . by k2039: 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nothing wrong, just that a lot of risk is attached to it and more trust issues.

The key is to make physical contact with the person soon enough and maintain contact afterwards.

All in all when two truthful and honest people meet, the relationship will certainly work provided all other conditions remain constant(religious beliefs, life orientations etc)

The people who use the internet are humans, what that means is that there is a chance of meeting a good partner since internet is not for just bad people(it's for everyone)

Just imagining a case of ChopUrMoni and K2039.
K2039 is a honest and truthful guy, if ChopUrMoni is same, then you can be sure their relationship will work provided they have thesame orientation in key areas of life.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: . by advocate666: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
ChopUrMoni: Hi people's

I am curious to know what your views are about internet dating (meeting someone on the net and getting into a serious relationship). Do you think is wrong or right. Please provide a valid reason.

Thanks smiley

It is not in the bible. lol.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: . by Mynd44: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
I don't think it is wrong. Even though there is no physical contact, there are a lot of ways to be in touch. Video calls can be used to see what they both look like and stuff
Re: . by advocate666: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

oh... u are the one who looked for trouble on the child birth thread with Adeboye. U are being roasted... u might want to check it out.. LOL

I did. The mods removed my comment and all the "roasting" as you call it. Lol.
I'm too hot for the godly to handle. Must be the everlasting fire you are all afraid of. cheesy
Re: . by tpia1: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
Risky.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 1:40am On Dec 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: . by advocate666: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

LOL... I am not afraid of any fire. I love God because hss been so good to me smiley
advocate666 u may be too hot for some people but you FAR from hot to me, I actually like u a lot. Dont know why ppl are wasting their time roasting you. You are someone who is hurting and need some LOVE. Trust me I absolutely adore your kind. We will get along just well smiley x

Be careful. You may be falling for a Satanist.
Talking about hurting and needing love, who is the one looking for xtian romance on the internet? Oh, that's you.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2012
Re: . by advocate666: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

Hehehehe smiley... Classic! POC... I didn't say i was looking for love on the net. I wanted to know weather ppl viewed it as wrong or right and their reasons for their view. Also i DONT mean you need the love of a woman or man i mean the LOVE OF GOD.
Advocate666... u sound like a great guy...smiley If u were my husband and you were a satanist i wouldn't love you any less. I will love every bit of u until u start confessing Jesus is Lord! Im NOT one to preach to you or argue scriptures with you... I believe that only the power of God can transform any human beings even the worst of all satanist NOT religiosity. I was really hurt and ashamed when i saw xtian ppl comment's in response to ur posted comment about Adeboye. That was FAR from a display of God's love to a sinner and DEFIANTLY NOT the way Jesus would have reacted to your comment. You would never be cursed by Him. You would only be loved by him. The worst you are the more grace and love that awaits you when you choose to submit yourself to Papa. The Father's love is so breath taking and unconditional. If you would except it i would love to apologize to you for any hurt or pain that has been inflicted upon you and words that have been spoken not just by xtain's on Nlanders but ALL xtian's you have come in to contact with that have cursed or treated you negatively. Please forgive them... It is NOT a depiction of Daddy and His love for you. xx

I tell you you are falling. The signs are there: you have started writing my name in colours!
My wife, a devout christian, and my mistress also think I am a great guy and they are the people that know me best.
Don't feel hurt or ashamed for me for your fellow christians doing what they do best and showing their true colours. I am definetely not hurt by their insults and curses. Infact those curses feed and nurture me.
Your imaginary daddy is that: IMAGINARY. But in case he isn't and you have access to him, please tell him that I prefer the hatred of Satan to his love.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: . by UjSizzle(f): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2012
Mynd_44: I don't think it is wrong. Even though there is no physical contact, there are a lot of ways to be in touch. Video calls can be used to see what they both look like and stuff
*shocked* see who the wind blew in grin

@OP i don't see what's wrong with internet dating, but it's really important that those involved meet in person too if they plan on getting really serious with it to the point of marriage.
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2012
Re: . by advocate666: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

Are u Nigerian?

You can say that.
Re: . by advocate666: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

advocate666...smiley The bible talks about religious pharisees who don't enter heaven but yet they keep people from entering.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Don't let religious, ignorant ppl stand in your way of heaven.

The bible talks a lot of nonsense.
Re: . by k2039: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Stop derailing.

By there user name you shall know them, it's pointless dragging this, it's going to end as stalemate.
Re: . by Mynd44: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:
*shocked* see who the wind blew in grin

@OP i don't see what's wrong with internet dating, but it's really important that those involved meet in person too if they plan on getting really serious with it to the point of marriage.
I believe do too
Re: . by ChopUrMoni: 1:43am On Dec 17, 2012
Re: . by advocate666: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

Not at all! You are the one hearing what you want to hear... smiley

Or maybe you are the one hearing what you want to hear.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2012
advocate666:

Or maybe you are the one hearing what you want to hear.
dis guy knows the scriptures so u shuldnt be fooled..
Re: . by advocate666: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2012
Bidam: dis guy knows the scriptures so u shuldnt be fooled..

u talking 2 me?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
advocate666:

u talking 2 me?
yeah...are u afraid?
Re: . by tpia1: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
Very risky.

The likes of advocate ( a satanist) can masquerade as a christian online in order to fool someone, and if you're not the discerning type, how will you know?

There are many of them like that here, although hopefully its still their type that they'll get.
Re: . by advocate666: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
Bidam: yeah...are u afraid?

No. You are not making sense.
Re: . by advocate666: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
ChopUrMoni:

advocate666... lol grin U are real funny. Well... i wont fall for u given u have a wife and a mistress. You already have more than a enough and YES you are a great guy... i think so too smiley
No one is tough without a cause. Even the worst of the worst sinners have a hurt/pain that triggered their anger towards God. When it comes to us xtains you have to remember that we are just humans and make mistakes too. [size=13pt]My imaginary Daddy[/size] said to tell you that, he DOESNT care weather you want his love or NOT he has already given it to you ALL of it so its too late tongue The fullness of his love displayed on the cross... just for advocate666... cheesy Unfortunately NOTHING can change his love for you... NOT even God himself. U are an awesome guy... i like u. Are u Nigerian?

I just read this again and I saw the bolded. Na you talk am o!
Na so una go do lose una heads as soon you fancy a guy. Ready to deny Jizz-Us your lord and personal saviour.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
advocate666:

No. You are not making sense.
u think so? D devil(ur father) believes d scriptures and SHIVERS...if u ave not had a shivering xperience yet den all this claims about being a satanist are just hog wash to me.

1 Like

Re: . by tpia1: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
advocate666:

I just read this again and I saw the bolded. Na you talk am o!
Na so una go do lose una heads as soon you fancy a guy. Ready to deny Jizz-Us your lord and personal saviour.

your type will get the likes of ishilove.

aseni se ara e.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1:

aseni se ara e.
you mean ishi is not as bent over with religion as you are? grin
Re: . by Ishilove: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1:

aseni se ara e.
Err...and who are the likes of Ishilove undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Off Topics thread,post Anything And Everything Concerning Religion Here. / How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist / See What The Quran Said About Jesus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.