Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style (20343 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Man Dies In Fight With Neighbour Over Wife / Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Leadn(m): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
46 Yr Old Father Of 3 Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style

A father collapsed and died of a heart attack in front of his wife and co-workers minutes after dancing energetically to Gangnam Style at his office Christmas party.

Eamonn Kilbride, 46, had been imitating the vigorous dance moves of the Korean YouTube hit when he began to suffer from chest pains on Saturday evening.

Shocked colleagues from the Thwaites brewery in Blackburn looked on as paramedics tried in vain to revive the Irish father of three at the office party.
His wife Julie was with him celebrating her birthday at the event at the Whitehall Hotel in Darwen, Lancashire.

Mr Kilbride began to complain of chest pains shortly before he collapsed, whereupon his wife tried to save his life using CPR.

Although paramedics were on the scene just five minutes later, the IT manager was pronounced dead on arrival at Royal Blackburn Hospital shortly after 11.30pm.

Mrs Kilbride, from Burnley, paid tribute to the 'loving husband' she married 23 years ago, and said he was a man who always put his family first.
'I want people to know how he would help anybody whether it was a life-long friend, or someone he had just met,' she said.
'He was a great family man and he worked so hard. Eamonn was always the life of the party and loved dancing.

'We were having a fantastic time at the Christmas party and Eamonn had just finished dancing to Gangnam Style. He was up on stage and entertaining everybody.

'He said he had a bit of a pain and just collapsed. I tried to revive him until the ambulance got there, but by the time he got to the hospital he was gone.'

Mr Kilbride moved to Burnley from Ireland in 1985, and became a staunch Liverpool fan in his adopted country.
His wife said: 'Eamonn was such an intelligent man, he inspired our children and made sure they had a good education.'
Mr Kilbride, a keen golfer, had three children - Laurajade, 22, Jack, 21, and Conor, 18, who are all at university.

Phenomenon: Gangnam Style, by South Korean rapper Psy, is the most popular video on YouTube

Party: The father of three had been dancing to Gangnam Style, pictured, at his office Christmas bash
Jack said: 'He was a marvellous man and he was really funny. He always put effort into everything. He just oozed charisma.'

Tributes poured in on Facebook for Mr Kilbride, who had worked at Thwaites for 16 years.
His cousin Pauline Mulvy said: 'My dear cousin Eamonn may you rest in peace. My heart aches for his wife Julie and his family, including his sisters and his mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers here in Dublin. What shocking news to hear.'

Police launched an initial investigation into Mr Kilbride's death, but quickly ruled out suspicious circumstances.
Neil Bullows, proprietor of the Whitehall Hotel, said: 'It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts are with his family.
'It is horrendous and an awful time of year for it to happen.'
Mr Kilbride's funeral will take place next Wednesday at St Mary's RC Church in Burnley.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246834/Gangnam-Style-death-Eamonn-Kilbride-died-wife-doing-PSYs-dance-Christmas-party.html#ixzz2F1ozm2OA
cry cry
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Woodpecker(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
RIP BRUV

NB- FIRST TO COMMENT *DANCES GANGNAM STYLE*

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by k2039: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
A father collapsed and died of a heart attack
One reason why it's good to go for routine medical check up.

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by greatgod2012(f): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
His time was up, not for any other reasons.
RIP to him.
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Woodpecker: RIP BRUV
NB- FIRST TO COMMENT *DANCES GANGNAM STYLE*

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by babseg(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gangnam DEATH

RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Dancing azonto
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
must be something to do with cardiac health or something.
i doubt the dance had anything to do with it.

update:
A father collapsed and died of a heart attack in front of his wife

smh. how i skipped that line i don't know. **rolls eyes**
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by heed101(m): 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ehya.
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
k2039:
One reason why it's good to go for routine medical check up.

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss
a sensible post.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by akpomeme(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
Leadn: 46 Yr Old Father Of 3 Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style

A father collapsed and died of a heart attack in front of his wife and co-workers minutes after dancing energetically to Gangnam Style at his office Christmas party.

Eamonn Kilbride, 46, had been imitating the vigorous dance moves of the Korean YouTube hit when he began to suffer from chest pains on Saturday evening.

Shocked colleagues from the Thwaites brewery in Blackburn looked on as paramedics tried in vain to revive the Irish father of three at the office party.
His wife Julie was with him celebrating her birthday at the event at the Whitehall Hotel in Darwen, Lancashire.

Mr Kilbride began to complain of chest pains shortly before he collapsed, whereupon his wife tried to save his life using CPR.

Although paramedics were on the scene just five minutes later, the IT manager was pronounced dead on arrival at Royal Blackburn Hospital shortly after 11.30pm.

Mrs Kilbride, from Burnley, paid tribute to the 'loving husband' she married 23 years ago, and said he was a man who always put his family first.
'I want people to know how he would help anybody whether it was a life-long friend, or someone he had just met,' she said.
'He was a great family man and he worked so hard. Eamonn was always the life of the party and loved dancing.

'We were having a fantastic time at the Christmas party and Eamonn had just finished dancing to Gangnam Style. He was up on stage and entertaining everybody.

'He said he had a bit of a pain and just collapsed. I tried to revive him until the ambulance got there, but by the time he got to the hospital he was gone.'

Mr Kilbride moved to Burnley from Ireland in 1985, and became a staunch Liverpool fan in his adopted country.
His wife said: 'Eamonn was such an intelligent man, he inspired our children and made sure they had a good education.'
Mr Kilbride, a keen golfer, had three children - Laurajade, 22, Jack, 21, and Conor, 18, who are all at university.

Phenomenon: Gangnam Style, by South Korean rapper Psy, is the most popular video on YouTube

Party: The father of three had been dancing to Gangnam Style, pictured, at his office Christmas bash
Jack said: 'He was a marvellous man and he was really funny. He always put effort into everything. He just oozed charisma.'

Tributes poured in on Facebook for Mr Kilbride, who had worked at Thwaites for 16 years.
His cousin Pauline Mulvy said: 'My dear cousin Eamonn may you rest in peace. My heart aches for his wife Julie and his family, including his sisters and his mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers here in Dublin. What shocking news to hear.'

Police launched an initial investigation into Mr Kilbride's death, but quickly ruled out suspicious circumstances.
Neil Bullows, proprietor of the Whitehall Hotel, said: 'It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts are with his family.
'It is horrendous and an awful time of year for it to happen.'
Mr Kilbride's funeral will take place next Wednesday at St Mary's RC Church in Burnley.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246834/Gangnam-Style-death-Eamonn-Kilbride-died-wife-doing-PSYs-dance-Christmas-party.html#ixzz2F1ozm2OA
cry cry

and OBJ danced to it and survived... kpele o.. RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
*Kails*:
must be something to do with cardiac health or something.
i doubt the dance had anything to do with it.

update:

smh. how i skipped that line i don't know. **rolls eyes**

Lol... Wahala dey o... Father die for front of im wife... Choi grin grin grin
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by alfredo4u(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
All dis 1st, 2nd or 5th to comment, one day na one, bh guys go locate una and blow una father fucker head.

Rip my man...ur time is up.
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Okijajuju1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
Is there a spirit to that song as claimed by some? I don't know but i know it has taken over virtually everyone.
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by caukerzee(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gangnam stlye defined my year!

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by funmemezy: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ahh na wa oo,RIP sha
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Libkid(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
R.i.p sir.gangnam style the new killer dance
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Blueeyedboi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
Surely sumbody must sue sumbody 4dis...
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by yuzedo: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
Gangnam Style is the song of the Anti-Christ.
That is why it took the world by storm and beat all previous music records.
It is a hypnotic movement designed according to the 14th law of the kaballah-markhtov..
It will be the official sign of the beast after rapture according to the bible (google Revelations:gangnam)

please do not dance it or you may die too.
Thank you... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
yuzedo: Gangnam Style is the song of the Anti-Christ.
It is a hypnotic movement designed according to the 14th law of the kaballah-markhtov..
It will be the official sign of the beast after rapture according to the bible (google Revelations:gangnam)

Thank you... undecided

Bros... Na you be this.... [img]http://2.bp..com/-ept8Yf_lhJw/TtoIgEEcysI/AAAAAAAAFE4/R0nmlrxmr9I/s400/HH.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by la19(m): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Que sera sera..... What ever will be will be. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by BANGASOUP1: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
is it a new sex position?
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Libkid(m): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2012

Thank you... undecided
na wa.so dance na also sign of endtime.if this man no die now u go talk dis tin.anyway na u sabi#dancing in gangnam style
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by ebamma3: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
CanDie style

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Agimor(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
How can ordinary dance snatch somebody away;anyway they need to carryout an autopsy GBAM.
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by BANGASOUP1: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
Agimor: How can ordinary dance snatch somebody away;anyway they need to carryout an autopsy GBAM.

gbam
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by luckgood(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
WONDERS SHALL NEVER END. I BEG HOW D SONG BE SELF BCOX I NEVER HEAR AM BEFORE.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Eeeeeyaa gangnam style lo pa. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by caukerzee(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2012

Thank you... undecided
what proof do you have?
Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by k2039: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
akpomeme:

and OBJ danced to it and survived... kpele o.. RIP

So, you really had to quote everything to make your comment, mtchew.

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style by k2039: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
Agimor: How can ordinary dance snatch somebody away;anyway they need to carryout an autopsy GBAM.
BANGA SOUP:
gbam

Did both of you bother to read the article at all before making those comments

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos / Woman Gives Birth To Four Children On Her First Delivery In Jigawa. Photos / My Dad Breaks Me Down Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.