Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Help! I Need Your Career Advice. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! I Need Your Career Advice. (386 Views)

Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Shares 8 Pieces Of Career Advice To Young Professio / Career Advice / Career Advice Needed: Unpaid Internship In Europe Or 180k Sallary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Need Your Career Advice. by webizone(m): 2:01am On Dec 15, 2012
I am an Electronics/Computer Engineering graduate currently doing my NYSC in Benue State, and I have a problem.

It goes like this.

While in school, I have always wanted to do something extra. To stand out. I wanted to impact my world. To create rather than shuffle at the short end of the stick.

When I did my IT(Industrial Training)at KRPC, I met someone who introduced me to an educational company that trains one on GSM radio frequency technology. I came out flying ahead of my course mates, especially when we took our options and I consolidated when I chose the communications option.
Well, I felt cheated because I haven't got a job since then(If you know how the GSM RF job works, sometimes you travel to do installation and optimization jobs)and paying for the course was expensive.

Now, I decided that I would follow a new path. A path that would lead to unlimited possibilities and greater potential for growth. I needed to create a successful business. If at least to be fulfilled and rather create jobs. But, I have an idea block at the moment just like a writer's block would be experienced.

I will give you an example or a hint of what I mean.

I have a friend who studied microbiology who saw potential in biotechnology, of which you all know has ties to pharmacy, oil, brewing, etc. which are all very lucrative markets that does not fade like technology does (for instance a successful beer formula may last for a century but the tablet might become obsolete next week) and when she finished her studies she might like to create a product even if she has a job. But she tells me that creating that product, which entails having a company would rather be expensive, so she told me she might then partner with a big firm, patent her genetically modified drug and practically have a large market (just like a massive importation business but even better with exportation attached).

Now my questions are these:

Can I do the same with my background type?
What masters courses have lasting business potential or business of the future lasting potential?

In short, what am asking is this, from my background, can anyone see a coming huge trend especially a lasting one?

This I ask because am confused if I am to consider doing my masters or not. The location of the campus does not matter. The course might not be offered in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Software Sales Officer Required. / Web Designer/programer / Complete Duo Core Desktop For 12k. 08027552294

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.