Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised (1219 Views)

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter / Mohammed Is Not The Comforter / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by Alalabi(m): 6:45am On Dec 15, 2012
These Are Evidences From The Bible And From The Qur'ãn.. Showing Us Who Jesus Is Referring To As The Comforter To Come After Him... Is It The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)... Pls follow the link below
http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=541670482527546&id=149936975034234&_rdr
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by Techwriter: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2012
Give us extracts of the link no one had time to read all these stories punctuated with PBUH and the likes. what I know you may not have even read and reasoned

Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by DevotedOne(m): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim As salaam alaykum. The comforter that Jesus PBUH spoke of is the Holy Spirit that will indwell the Chosen one initiated for the anointing re: Christ/Logos.

The Apocalypse unsealed

The Sermon on the Mount

The magical message according to Iôannês: commonly called the Gospel According To [ST.] John

Downloadable.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by Geewan(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim As salaam alaykum. The comforter that Jesus PBUH spoke of is the Holy Spirit that will indwell the Chosen one initiated for the anointing re: Christ/Logos.

The Apocalypse unsealed

The Sermon on the Mount

The magical message according to Iôannês: commonly called the Gospel According To [ST.] John

Downloadable.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

To begin with, what does the Greek word "Periclytos" stands for?
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by DevotedOne(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim As salaam alaykum. There may be a difference in spelling/translation in the word that you've posted; I'm not certain that it is the same.

To begin with, what does the Greek word "Periclytos" stands for?
Geewan

"Parakletos" (Gk.), advocate, helper; a term applied to the kundalini, the regenerative force.

There is a glossary at the end of this volume:

The Restored New Testament

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by Geewan(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2012
I'm very sorry for my late response.

The Greek term for "advocate" is Sunegorus.
Periqlytos means the "most illustrious or praiseworthy."

The text from John was: "I shall go to the Father and he shall send you another messenger whose name shall be Periqlytos, that he may remain with you forever."

When you replaced periqlytos with its English meaning you have: "I shall go to the Father and he shall send you another messenger whose name shall be praiseworthy, that he may remain with you forever."

You should be able to see clearly that Mohammad was predicted by name in the bible since Periqlytos means Ahmad.

NB:
I thought the Holy spirit has been around right from the creation of the world according to Genesis 1:2.
There were reported case of the Holy spirit visiting Jesus in form of a dove while he was alive even when he was being baptized.
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by DevotedOne(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim As salaam alaykum. Mehmet Paracletos Sunegorus, is someone on facebook or, so it appears. That word Sunegorus, is seemingly everywhere in a search. Periqlytos, must be Syriac; I've never seen a 'Q' in the Greek language.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/prediction.htm Muhammad was predicted to come in the Gospel of John

Syed Abul A'ala Maududi, from about page 500 on, reflects upon Periclytos (sp?), concerning Muhammad:

http://www.biharanjuman.org/Quran/tafheem-ul-quran-English-pdf.htm Tafheemul Quran: English Tafseer of Holy Quran by Syed Abul A'ala Maududi (Downloadable pdf files) re: 061 As-Saff.pdf

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Again- the comforter Jesus promised to send is the holy spirit and it is for believers in salvation through Christ Jesus.
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised by deSika(m): 4:51am On Apr 03, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Shall We See Our Lord On The Day Of Resurrection? / Igbo Leaders Attack Okorocha For Donating 2m To Converts To Islam / Is Saying Aamin During Prayer Permissible Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.