Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,172 members, 7,839,000 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God (19126 Views)

Describe GOD In One Word / Dead Catholic Priest Rose To Describe God As Woman / Names To Describe God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by babymine(f): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2006
My Light in darkness.
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by queen2(f): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2006
World doctor, Healer
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by KAG: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2006
The Tetragrammaton
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Ciaralover(f): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2006
Yaweh
The Almighty

The king of Kings

law of laws

Everlasting to everlasting
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Rhodalyn(f): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2006
law of laws
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Lord of Lords
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by dearzi(f): 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2006
My Father
Abba Father
Great and Mighty One
I Am That I Am
The Mighty Man of War
Holy One
Jehova Rapha--my healer
Jehova Shalom-- my peace
Jehova Shama-- Always with me
Prince of Peace
My Bridge over Troubled Waters
Lover of My Soul
Adoni
Rose of Sharon
The Lilly of the Valley
Strong and Breasted One
Lion of the tribe of Judah
Root and Offspring of David
Bright and Morning Star
Lamb of God
Soon coming King
Lord of Lords
King of kings
Eternal Lord of Glory

***it's just exciting to just sit and marvel about our God--He's indeed great
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Zahymaka(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2006
I seem to have left out an E in my twenty six letters:

E - Everlasting Father
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Bisanke(f): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2006
Men, yall've said it all dat i can think of 4 now lol anyways i have 2 say something sha God is good, marvelous ,wonderful,hmmm men, i can think of none o but lets c ,
Oba aseda orun
Oba afuni ma siregun
Oba awon oba
Arugbo ojo gbogbo
Oba atobi ju eni yanu
Rock of ages
Oba tikin sun , tikin to gbe ( he that don't sleep nor slumber)
Oba ti njemi ni ma se beru
Oba kanso lano oba kanso loni oba kanso titi aye ( The same God 4 eva)
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by dearzi(f): 12:06am On Apr 26, 2006
Bisanke, i really love that "Oba ti kin sun, ti kin togbe" it's just beautiful, i appreciate it more in Yoruba than in English,

There's a song by Donnie Mcklurkin, can't remember the title, he called God "Awesome, Wonder, Healer, finally he called God "all that", cuz God is indeed all that and more.

Balm of Gilead
My Strength
My Ever present help in times of need
My peace
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Bisanke(f): 12:26am On Apr 26, 2006
wink Oh yes ma gurl dearzi i agree wit u gan o and lol yeah i agree also dat it sounds better in yoruba smiley
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by omogenaija(f): 2:57am On Apr 26, 2006
oba awon oba (king of kings )

alabawi nla

onise iyanu

eledumare

kabeasi ( thats suppose to be king in yourba )

Baba mi

merciful god
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by angelu(f): 2:58am On Apr 26, 2006
The sovereign God. Almighty God.El-Shaddai. Unchangeable changer.
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by hazeleyes(f): 3:25am On Apr 26, 2006
Oyiyigi oba iye
Awimayenu
Atofarada
Orogogigo olu orun
A la la funfun oke orun
Baba fun awon ti o ni baba
Olu to ju ala yi mokan
Kabiyesi
Eledumare

Lover of my soul
The Groom
Begotton not made
Alpha and Omega
Unchanging changer
Lion of the Tribe of Judah
Rose of Sharon
Balm of Gilead
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit
The Ever Knowing and Ever seeing God
Emmanuel
Councillor
The 1st and the Last
The Bright and Morning Star
My Shepperd
Prince of Peace
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by DivineOke(f): 3:28am On Apr 26, 2006
JEHOVAH EFEEZY
my God of special effects

i love dat

Jehovah EL-Shaddai, the Almighty, the Strong and breasted one, The Lord my Peace
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by cutiepie18(f): 5:20am On Apr 26, 2006
wow i stand in awe of him cuz he is my all in all.d greatest provider ,ancient of dayz lion of judea, rose of sharon ,prince of peace mern u guyz am crying now just by seeing and reading the names.wow he is ALLL in ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.i mean he is everything.he created everythings .he is worthy of all our praises and adoration.
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by bolex(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2006
Best of the Bestest

The never changing God

ONE and Only true God

He that says He would and He would

He that says He won't and He won;t

Knower of you , me , him , her , us , them , they , and everyone

All praises belongs to HIm

The omni-everything

Doer of all good
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by micklplus(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2006
Alagbada Ina
Eletigbaroye
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by omobamital(f): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2006
ALEWI ALESE
   ALESE ALEWI
   ARABA RIBI
   ARIBI RABATA
   GBONGBO IDILE JESE
   EKUN OKO FARAO
   KABI O KOSI O
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by mmomi(f): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2006
Without YOU(GOD) we can do nothing

The GREAT ARTIST who moulded the whole universe

"Ozo piatapiata n'elu ogwu" (HE who matches on thorns comfortably)
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by gentleone(f): 11:53am On Apr 26, 2006
Jehovah is His name
He is the Unchangeable Changer
The Mighty One of Isreal
The One that can reverse the irreversible
The One that opens a door that no man can shut
He's the One that closes a door and no man can open
He is the ALL sufficient One
He's a faithfull father
He is merciful and full of grace
He is the ALLMIGHTY
The giver of life
He is my source
My Comforter
My Protector
My Provider
He is the lover of my soul
The ancient of days
The One that has been before creation and that will continue to be after
He is the God of yesterday, today and tomorrow
He is my ALL in ALL
My present help in times of trouble
Father, I could go on and on because You have been faithfull,
Blessed be Your Holy name Oh Most High!
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Outkast(f): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2006
This is a lovely thread,

Oba giga(don't know If I'm spelling them right)
Oyigi yigi
Osalobua
Osanudazi
Okutetebite
Atete kari aye
Atete seda aye
Eledumare

The Author and finisher of our faith
Rose of Sharon
Lily of the valley
The Lion of The trribe of Judea
The might Warrior
Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jehovah Mikkadesh
El-kah-kanna
Jehovah Rophe
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by tayekenny(f): 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
Alpha and omega

Jehovah
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Reverend(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2006
Mr. Big cheesy
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Ebano(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
Oghene

Gott (german)

Papa God
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by kimba(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2006
its so refreshing to me when i remember that I have

"A Father In Heaven"
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by virozuru(f): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2006
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by zeb(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
TAMARA,

TAMUNO,

TEMEOWI,

( Woyin, Woyingi, Tamuno, Oyibau, Temeowi )
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by Outkast(f): 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2006
@Zeb, what do they mean
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by tamia(f): 12:25am On Apr 27, 2006
Jehova Rapha :The Healer
Jehova Shama
JeHOVA NISI
JEHOVA ELOI
ALPHA AND OMEGA
EVERLASTING
MIGHTY ONE
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by gentleone(f): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2006
Olowo gbogboro tin yo omo re ninu ofin (The One with a long hand that is able to remove His child from the pit)
Oba toto yin(The King that is worthy of praise)
Oran omo nise Fayati(The One that send you on an errand and backs you up)
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by dearzi(f): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2006
@ Gentleone

Girl, that's deep, i love the names of God in Yoruba, they're just deep.
Re: Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God by 4getme1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2006
The Resurrection and the Life

The One nothing compares to

Perfect One in All Ages

The Who Outlives Eternity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Father Oluoma: If Your Wife Slaps You, Go And Drink Beer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.