Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting (19160 Views)

Face Of Adam Lanza Connecticut Elementary School Gunman / Connecticut Shooter Adam Lanza Was "Not Well" - Family Members / UPDATE: 20 Children Dead In Connecticut Elementary School Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by yomalex(m): 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
Condolences but most americans see guns as freedom and therefore will fight the obvious solution
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by sheff(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
same thing,same way and same speech every time the virgina tech shooting,the cinema shooting now the Connecticut shooting I don't see the gun control bill being talk about in the american houses of assembly and the politicians knows why, some people manufacture guns, some sell them and some sponsor the politicians with profit from gun sale during elections!!! Btw over 300million guns is in circulation already in america and how can they control such?
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
I've been trying to understand what what inspires those people that go on a shooting spree killing innocent people especially young school children. Is it a mental problem or what. This has become a trend in America and the US government need to look into it.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Lordave: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
cyril83: dont personalize my quote...God'spirit might be right there with you but definately not with a country that takes shower with innocent blood everyday
And you stop generalizing your thoughts.

Just as the Spirit of God is here with me, it's also with millions of other Nigerians who are as good and innocent as me.

Speak for yourself, if you think that the Spirit of God is not with you, fine, but it's with me and other good Nigerians.

Bottom line: God is still in Nigeria and in Africa as a whole.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by ceejayluv(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
ayox2003: Gun control! Gun control!!

Ha! When will they scrap this law?

Data shows that 12,000 people are killed from shootings every year because of this stupid "arm-urself-mentality" in the US

Meanwhile in Japan, 9 people die every year from shootings because its against the law for any citizen to have a gun.

See the difference?

From the lunatic who sent people to their early graves at the theatre to this one.

There is no Xanadu or Shangri-la in this world - "freedom" comes with some ills. They should just scrap it.

May their young souls rest in peace.

Frawzey

And in 2008 in Japan... Only 2 gun-related deaths occurred...
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
eldoradoxx: Who says that GEJ has never wept openly for a calamity in Nigeria, I saw pix of weeping GEJ after 25 2011 Madalla church bombing when he visited the site and saw the devastation, also at crash site of Dana air, he was wiping tears away. But weeping to me is more of show of human emotion and has got nothing to do we good governance. Who says that Robert Mugabes of this world, and their likes don't weep too!!!
I saw that pix 2 but some piple was saying that he is pretending
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by salafiyy: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
IF THE SHOOTER HAPPENS TO BE A MUSLIM I KNOW WHAT MUST OF YOU WILL SAY 'TERRORIST'...MAY THE KIDS' SOULS REST IN PEACE...AMEEN
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
Secretary Clinton suffers concussion, faints...

My heart goes out to Americans at this time.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by OmoTier1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
What is the relevance of this thread

1 Like

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by duality(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
now you see nairalanders?
making light the situation. some are even commending obama for weeping. no one is actually seeing the huge security laps. people are downplaying this fact, that any body can get killed in the streets of America. If this happened in Nigeria, People will insult the president and accuse him of being responsible. no one is seeing how insecure the world is turning out to be.

the comments here underscores how insincere and hypocritical Nigerians are.

7 Likes

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Americans been armed is what is protecting them, even in Nigeria where there is no arm yourself law people still die from bullets. An armed society is a secured society and don't think without the right to be armed law that these things won't haPpen.

The people who are so desiring to see guns out of america are serioulsy behind this shooting just to have more reasons to support themselves.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by cyril83(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
eldoradoxx: Who says that GEJ has never wept openly for a calamity in Nigeria, I saw pix of weeping GEJ after 25 2011 Madalla church bombing when he visited the site and saw the devastation, also at crash site of Dana air, he was wiping tears away. But weeping to me is more of show of human emotion and has got nothing to do we good governance. Who says that Robert Mugabes of this world, and their likes don't weep too!!!
we are talking of tears from the veins not that of mercy johnson tears...I mean pretence
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by KayDee4: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
gboss4sure: Americans been armed is what is protecting them, even in Nigeria where there is no arm yourself law people still die from bullets. An armed society is a secured society and don't think without the right to be armed law that these things won't haPpen.

The people who are so desiring to see guns out of america are serioulsy behind this shooting just to have more reasons to support themselves.

Not true. That is what the NRA will want to have you believe, but there is no proof of that.

They have an effective police force, people with just 'shooting range' and video game experience don't need to walk around with guns policing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by cyril83(m): 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
Omo_Tier1: What is the relevance of this thread
WTF!...when wil kids on nairaland grow up sef?...if they bring tonto dikeh story,wahala...Gej story,problem...pls what exactly do you want so this thread means nothing to you...okay oya go back to your Game section
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Lordave: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
gboss4sure: Americans been armed is what is protecting them, even in Nigeria where there is no arm yourself law people still die from bullets. An armed society is a secured society and don't think without the right to be armed law that these things won't haPpen.

I thought they said their police is one of the bests in the world?
If their police are actually performing well, why should civilians be allowed to get armed?

3 Likes

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by eldoradoxx: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ucheosefoh: I saw that pix 2 but some piple was saying that he is pretending
pretendin becos he is Gej, not so?

1 Like

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by linearity: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
I am one of the advocates of gun control, but gun control would not have prevented this or the Oregon Mall shooting.

In both cases the guns were legally obtained, register but stolen by the perpetrators. In the school shooting, the guy first shot and killed his mother, who was the legal owner of the gun.

America's pride themselves about their second amendment right to keep and arm themselves with gun. This is not a law that congress or Obama change and constitutional amendment of this, is a nonstarter in the US.

All that Obama or congress can do is to put some strong gun control laws in the books in some State. Connecticut is in the East Cost; East Cost States have the toughest gun control laws in the US already and virtually little or nothing else can be done in these States regarding gun control safe for banning guns, which will be unconstitutional and the Supreme Court will strike down any law that ban gun ownership.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by taharqa: 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
duality: now you see nairalanders?
making light the situation. some are even commending obama for weeping. no one is actually seeing the huge security laps. people are downplaying this fact, that any body can get killed in the streets of America. If this happened in Nigeria, People will insult the president and accuse him of being responsible. no one is seeing how insecure the world is turning out to be.

the comments here underscores how insincere and hypocritical Nigerians are.
GBAM!!
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by taharqa: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lordave: I thought they said their police is one of the bests in the world?
If their police are actually performing well, why should civilians be allowed to get armed?

ANOTHER GBAM!!!
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by linearity: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2012

The US constitution allow citizen to keep and bear arms, Police can do nothing about it.

Police are there to police illegal activities, owning, keeping or bearing arms is not illegal but each State have their various gun control laws, like background checks, licensing, registration, limitation on where to use it, conceal carry-on, etc.

If a Police stops me, in my State; am not obligated to tell them that am carrying a gun. However, if they want to search my person or my car, which I can refuse except they find a probable cause...if they find a gun during the search, all I have to do is to show them my gun permit and I will be on my way.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2012

No country's police is the best, what happened in CT was a security lapse and its clear.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by solomon111(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2012
Tears of a hypocrite!
Na today?
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by taharqa: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
linearity:

The US constitution allow citizen to keep and bear arms, Police can do nothing about it.

Police are there to police illegal activities, owning, keeping or bearing arms is not illegal but each State have their various gun control laws, like background checks, licensing, registration, limitation on where to use it, conceal carry-on, etc.

If a Police stops me, in my State; am not obligated to tell them that am carrying a gun. However, if they want to search my person or my car, which I can refuse except they find a probable cause...if they find a gun during the search, all I have to do is to show them my gun permit and I will be on my way.
Why must you be allowd to bear arms at all? Are d guns meant to be toys? Why wud people see d need to buy sophisticatd arms to protect themselves if they had faith in d State and its security apparatus (police, FBI etc) to protect them like we seem to bliv here in Nigeria? That i bliv was d guy's point.....all d talk of 'Constitutnal rights' et al is just long tori..
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by linearity: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
taharqa: GBAM!!

Comparing this situation happening in Nigeria with the the US is like comparing apples to oranges.

It is perfectly legal to own gun in the US, it is a 2nd amendment right and Obama can do nothing about it.

This guy's mother legally obtain these guns, but somehow the son got hold of the gun and first shot and kill the mother before going on this shooting spray.

If a Police Inspector or someone who owner a gun is overpowered and dispossessed of that gun, get killed and the killer goes on shooting spray in Nigeria, I do not think anyone will blame GEJ or the State government.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by solomon111(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
cyril83: we are talking of tears from the veins not that of mercy johnson tears...I mean pretence
shut up!
You are not making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by lorddannie: 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
Brisingr: see this guy no president cry pass GEJ
GEJ weeps over everything; boko haram detonate bombs...GEJ weeps, REPS threaten to impeach him...GEJ weeps, DANA air crash..gej weeps, post election violence...gej weeps, demise of his brother...gej weeps, pst Adeboye prays for him...gej weeps, subsidy removal protest...gej weeps. GEJ the weeping president
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by taharqa: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
gboss4sure:

No country's police is the best, what happened in CT was a security lapse and its clear.
Security lapse that hv happend how many times dis yr? Hv u by chance bn keeping a tap on d No of such mindless mass killings in America dis yr alone? How many times does a tin hv to happen b4 it stops bn 'lapses'?
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Sijo01(f): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2012
misterh: , *wept*
@topic, to guard against future occurrence, the issue of Gun Control needs to be given serious consideration. RIP to those young and innocent souls!

cyril83: gbagaun

rastamouse:
lipsrsealed grin cheesy

Lmaooo....sori guys it was a mistake and thanks for your observation/correction.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by solomon111(m): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
A country that has faith in its security system,has not business being armed.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by 2million1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Still waiting for that day GEJ will cry because B/H killed school children
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by Slapme(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
At cyril83 what is wrong with you. You said GEJ have never wept you where given evidence he have wept you said is not from the bottom of his heart. You people should leave Gej alone.
Re: Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting by linearity: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
taharqa: Why must you be allowd to bear arms at all? Are d guns meant to be toys? Why wud people see d need to buy sophisticatd arms to protect themselves if they had faith in d State and its security apparatus (police, FBI etc) to protect them like we seem to bliv here in Nigeria? That i bliv was d guy's point.....all d talk of 'Constitutnal rights' et al is just long tori..

The police, FBI, CIA, President, Congress, etc are government...the US constitution was primarily written to protect citizens against the government and the government cannot take those rights away even if it provides similar services to the citizen.

This was rooted in the up raising against British rule in the US, which was another government. So since that up raising was done by ordinary citizens, the constitution of the US unlike any other constitution in the world give citizens the right to bear arms and raise against any unpopular government in the US or foreign in the future.

The Supreme Court have recognize this basic right hence congress or the President cannot outlaw gun ownership however they can regulate it on limited bases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Describe Nelson Mandela In One Word? / White Men Bowing To Idi Amin / Sustained Gunfire Amid Reports Of Military Coup In Guinea Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.